Act VI: 'The London Electric Company'

In Leagues of Adventure the characters are all middle and upper class Victorians who go on wild adventures in response to wagers, handsome payments from rich patrons, invitations from adventuring leagues, or
simply out of sheer boredom. Opportunities abound to thwart dastardly deeds, discover lost cities, mingle with new cultures, and plumb the darkest depths of the globe.

Moderator: Priest

Re: Act VI: 'The London Electric Company'

Postby Priest » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:56 pm

OOC:   Round Two:
1st Roxborough, 2nd Wellington, 3rd Nellie and finally the Thugs (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4648067/)
So Roxborough acts first (the middle shelving unit appears free standing and might be amenable to a push. It would be a feat of strength and requires you to roll Strx2 dice pool against a TN of 3. You can of course spend style points and buy extra d6s to increase your chances of success. The more successes you score the better the effect. I like your thinking.  
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
User avatar
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 3281
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:28 pm
Location: Somerset, England

Re: Act VI: 'The London Electric Company'

Postby carnage_lee » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:40 pm

OOC:   What if Wellington and Roxy team up to topple the shelving?  
User avatar
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 2309
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:57 am
Location: Orpington, Kent, UK

Re: Act VI: 'The London Electric Company'

Postby Papa Gateau » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:52 pm

With a bellow Roxborough rushes forwards and slams his considerable bulk into the central book-shelf.

As the shelf rocks from the impact he leans into, straining into it, lifting it, using the momentum to reach tipping point

OOC:   2xSTR + 4 style points =
Papa Gateau rolled 8d6:
6, 5, 4, 2, 3, 1, 4, 5
 


The shelf tips! It crashes into the next, scattering boxes and documents...

OOC:   That's 5 4 successes (I can't count), hopefully enough to get the domino effect.  
Last edited by Papa Gateau on Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

The Train to Hell - A Grim Praririe Tale
User avatar
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 851
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:20 pm
Location: Gers, France

Re: Act VI: 'The London Electric Company'

Postby Priest » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:50 pm

Out of the corner of his eye Wellington sees the shadowy form of his companion suddenly push at the central shelving unit, with an ominous creak it begins to sway. First right and then left all the while shedding its contents of boxes...


OOC:   Okay, Wellington next. His attack dice pool is 8. He is aware that two of the thugs have been hit and are in cover somwere to the left (1) and right (2). It was no 1 that he hit on the previous round.
He is also aware that the other two thugs are also hidden down there somewhere, as they were firing from there and the first two would not have been able to fire at that time.  
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
User avatar
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 3281
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:28 pm
Location: Somerset, England

Re: Act VI: 'The London Electric Company'

Postby carnage_lee » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:35 am

OOC:   As Wellington can't see any of the thugs all he can do is dart into cover and try to obtain a better angle to shoot from.  
User avatar
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 2309
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:57 am
Location: Orpington, Kent, UK

Re: Act VI: 'The London Electric Company'

Postby Priest » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:37 am

carnage_lee wrote:
OOC:   As Wellington can't see any of the thugs all he can do is dart into cover and try to obtain a better angle to shoot from.  


OOC:   Not actualy on the 'combat manouveres' list, but I will allow you to move then hold your fire for a target of opportunity, which you may elect to use at any time during this round, obviously it will gain you a penalty as it is really a snap shot  


As the shelving unit continues to sway alarmingly, some of the boxes fall and burst open disgorging glass objects that explode on contact with the floor, throwing shards in every direction. Wellington, taking advantage of the chaos within the store creeps further into cover his pistol cocked and poised in readiness...

OOC:   Nellies up  
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
User avatar
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 3281
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:28 pm
Location: Somerset, England

Re: Act VI: 'The London Electric Company'

Postby carnage_lee » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:49 am

Image

Nellie jumps as she hears the shelving crashing down, from the doorway she can see Wellington as he moves into cover.

Taking aim with a tea-mug, Nellie throws it as far as she can into the room towards where she assumes the attackers are... perhaps she can confuse them..
User avatar
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 2309
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:57 am
Location: Orpington, Kent, UK

Re: Act VI: 'The London Electric Company'

Postby Priest » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:00 pm

At the far end of the store romm the four thugs take quick stock of the situation, two have been wounded as can be testified to by the subdued whining that comes from the shadows where they have taken cover. The other two, unwounded, were able to fire at our intrepid heroes with no success. Now they ready their pistols once more, this time taking care to aim...
However, their deliberations are rudely interupted as the central shelving unit begins to sway madly, first to the left then to the right, all the while dropping its contents to the floor.
Around them the situation becomes rapidly untenable as boxes empty their contents with explosions and showers of glass. To make matters worse the air is also filled with flying crockery.
As of the same mind, the two unwounded thugs break cover and attempt to rush up the store room and the promised escape of the doorway.

OOC:   Thugs Brawl 4 +2 (Charge) -3 (tough due to falling boxes etc)
Thug 3 running toward Wellington: 3 successes
Thug 4 running toward Roxborough: 1 success (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4652510/)
In both cases they fail to damage either Wellington or Roxborough. However next round they will be in melee.
Of course Wellington who has held fire for such an opportunity may attempt a shot at -3 penalty for it being a snap shot before that round begins  
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
User avatar
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 3281
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:28 pm
Location: Somerset, England

Re: Act VI: 'The London Electric Company'

Postby carnage_lee » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:59 pm

Horatio Wellington

Thankful that his companions' actions seem to have unnerved the remaining thugs, as bullets pepper the shelving unit he has taken cover behind. The shooting stops and he hears the sound of someone scrambling over the debris scattered over the floor of the store room. Taking a second to peek out the sees two heavyset men making their way across the store room, somewhat hindered by the assorted objects strewn about. Both men have murderous looks upon their thuggish faces... one spies Wellington and angles towards him.

The Detective brings his pistol to bear and squeezes the trigger...
OOC:   Wellington (snap shot... 8 - 3 = 5)
carnage_lee rolled 5d6:
4, 4, 3, 5, 1
 
User avatar
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 2309
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:57 am
Location: Orpington, Kent, UK

Re: Act VI: 'The London Electric Company'

Postby Priest » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:33 pm

OOC:   The Thug has a defense of 4 so the average is 2 successes which matches the 2 successes scored by Wellington, so as a result Wellington's shot misses - barely  


Boom!!! Wellington's revolver spits fire almost in the fast approaching thugs face. In the gunflash you can see the thug wince in reaction. However to both his and the renowned detectives amazement the shot misses its target...

OOC:   Initiatives please folks for round three  
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
User avatar
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 3281
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:28 pm
Location: Somerset, England

Re: Act VI: 'The London Electric Company'

Postby carnage_lee » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:10 am

OOC:   Initiative Nellie Bly: 5
carnage_lee rolled 5d6:
1, 5, 4, 4, 1


Initiative Horatio Wellington: 7
carnage_lee rolled 7d6:
6, 4, 3, 6, 3, 6, 1
 
User avatar
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 2309
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:57 am
Location: Orpington, Kent, UK

Re: Act VI: 'The London Electric Company'

Postby Priest » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:07 pm

OOC:   So Nellie goes on two. Wellington on four. Thugs on one (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4653469/). Its just Roxborough we need now.
Klevendon's run has taken him to the stair doors.  
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
User avatar
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 3281
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:28 pm
Location: Somerset, England

Re: Act VI: 'The London Electric Company'

Postby Priest » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:10 pm

OOC:   Roxborough 6d6 initiative = 5 successes (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4654565/)
So order is 1st, Roxborough 2nd, Wellington 3rd Nellie and last the thugs.
I will wait, and hope, for a reply from Papa G before NPCing Roxborough's action  
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
User avatar
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 3281
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:28 pm
Location: Somerset, England

Re: Act VI: 'The London Electric Company'

Postby Papa Gateau » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:58 am

OOC:   Can you give a brief idea of how we are situated? Are we between the thugs and the doorway? Or are they heading to a different exit than the one we entered by?  
Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

The Train to Hell - A Grim Praririe Tale
User avatar
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 851
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:20 pm
Location: Gers, France

Re: Act VI: 'The London Electric Company'

Postby Priest » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:02 pm

Papa Gateau wrote:
OOC:   Can you give a brief idea of how we are situated? Are we between the thugs and the doorway? Or are they heading to a different exit than the one we entered by?  


OOC:   You are between the thugs and the only exit from the room. Your tipping of the central shelving unit had the effect of driving them out of cover and running, through the falling boxes, towards the exit. At this stage two of them are almost in face to face contact with you and Wellington, while the other two, the ones you hit ealier with your pistol fire, simply whimper and burrow deeper into the shadows at the opposite end of the room. No doubt their fear incresed by the sudden explosion of crockery near them.
As said the two charging have closed to within melee distance. Moments before the sound of Wellingtons pistol had almost deafened you as it fired. Now one of the charging thugs leaps the last obstacle between you and him. In one hand you can see he holds a pistol, in the other a loosely held club of some description. The look on his face doesn't strike you as someone coming for a chat. You act first.  
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
User avatar
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 3281
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:28 pm
Location: Somerset, England

Re: Act VI: 'The London Electric Company'

Postby Papa Gateau » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:59 pm

With a roar Roxborough charges towards the nearest thug, dropping his shoulder and leading with it.

OOC:   Not sure which skill to use Brawl or Melee but my dice is the same for the both. Will spend another 3 style points - as I'm trying to shoulder charge into the first thug and knock him back into the second using my bulk.

Brawl/Melee 4 + 3 style:
Papa Gateau rolled 7d6:
2, 1, 5, 6, 5, 1, 1


Edit extra 2 dice
Papa Gateau rolled 2d6:
3, 1


Jeez - the dice ain't with me :( - amy bonuses for my size?  
Last edited by Papa Gateau on Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

The Train to Hell - A Grim Praririe Tale
User avatar
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 851
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:20 pm
Location: Gers, France

Re: Act VI: 'The London Electric Company'

Postby Priest » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:41 pm

Papa Gateau wrote:With a roar Roxborough charges towards the nearest thug, dropping his shoulder and leading with it.

OOC:   Not sure which skill to use Brawl or Melee but my dice is the same for the both. Will spend another 3 style points - as I'm trying to shoulder charge into the first thug and knock him back into the second using my bulk.

Brawl/Melee 4 + 3 style: Invalid dice code!

Jeez - the dice ain't with me :( - amy bonuses for my size?  


OOC:   A charge action, which I presume you are undertaking, will gain you two further dice (don't waste them), so far you have two successes. It will use your move action as well.The move ends, whatever the result, with you in a face to face struggle  
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
User avatar
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 3281
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:28 pm
Location: Somerset, England

Re: Act VI: 'The London Electric Company'

Postby Papa Gateau » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:00 pm

OOC:   I edited the post above to add the extra 2 dice - I failed to heed your advice about wasting them :cry:  
Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

The Train to Hell - A Grim Praririe Tale
User avatar
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 851
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:20 pm
Location: Gers, France

Re: Act VI: 'The London Electric Company'

Postby carnage_lee » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:03 pm

Horatio Wellington

Momentarily shocked that his shot had somehow gone wide gives the thug enough time to charge closer. Wellington's reflexes prove superior to his attacker and he unleashes a roundhouse punch that's intended to incapacitate the other fellow ... as he starts his move he glimpses Roxborough launch forward to engage the other ruffian.

OOC:   Wellington attacks:
Punch (5N*) + 3 style Pts = 8N (*N = non lethal)

carnage_lee rolled 8d6:
4, 3, 6, 3, 4, 3, 5, 2
 


OOC:   Bad luck Papa G!

When is Dr P due back?  
User avatar
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 2309
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:57 am
Location: Orpington, Kent, UK

Re: Act VI: 'The London Electric Company'

Postby Priest » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:16 pm

With a mighty roar, Roxborough launches himself at the approaching thug. Unfortunately the attack is far from as mighty as the roar as he crashes into the thug the thug flashes a wicked looking leather club towards his face. Luckilly, no doubt due to the rubbish strewn about the floor, his attempt to bash Roxborough goes wide. Though not by much (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4655994/).
Meanwhile the doughty detective puts aside his dismay at missing at such range and throws an expertly timed roundhouse, as taught to him by none other than Stubbsy Whitedhapel Bare Knuckle champ 1895, catching the fast advancing ruffian a solid blow that almost sends him to his knees. However the chap shakes his head clear and returns the favour using the butt of his pistol to enhance the blow. The swing, mighty though it was, fails to connect as the detective ducks professionally and cooly below the blow (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4656001/)

OOC:   If Nellie wishes to launch more crockery she may do so. As to Dr P's return I thought he would have by now. The round is now finished Initiative rolls for round 3 please  
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
User avatar
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 3281
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:28 pm
Location: Somerset, England

PreviousNext

Return to Leagues of Adventure

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CCBot [Bot] and 0 guests