Act Vb: 'Ah fresh air...'

In Leagues of Adventure the characters are all middle and upper class Victorians who go on wild adventures in response to wagers, handsome payments from rich patrons, invitations from adventuring leagues, or
simply out of sheer boredom. Opportunities abound to thwart dastardly deeds, discover lost cities, mingle with new cultures, and plumb the darkest depths of the globe.

Moderator: Priest

Act Vb: 'Ah fresh air...'

Postby Priest » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:55 pm

Act Vb: 'Ah, fresh air...'


OOC:   For those carrying tidings to the outside world.  
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
User avatar
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 3269
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:28 pm
Location: Somerset, England

Re: Act Vb: 'Ah fresh air...'

Postby Tabs » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:49 pm

"Yes, let's hasten to Scotland Yard and get an army of bobbys down in the sewers," gasps Klevendon once he is out above ground.
User avatar
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
 
Posts: 5839
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:36 am

Re: Act Vb: 'Ah fresh air...'

Postby carnage_lee » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:46 pm

Image

Nellie marks the manhole cover, so that they can easily locate it again.

"We should probably accost a constable, they can telegraph Scotland Yard from the local Police Station,.. now where are we... Nellie turns and examines their surroundings.
User avatar
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 2305
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:57 am
Location: Orpington, Kent, UK

Re: Act Vb: 'Ah fresh air...'

Postby Priest » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:10 pm

Studying the surrounding buildings you are suprised to find that you are a single street from the Museum and the originator of your quest, Professor James Hawthorne.
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
User avatar
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 3269
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:28 pm
Location: Somerset, England

Re: Act Vb: 'Ah fresh air...'

Postby Tabs » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:44 am

"Yes, quite right, Miss Bly," says Klevendon. He begins to hastily walk in search of a constable but stops. "That's the Museum isn't it? Professor Hawthorne may be of assistance."
User avatar
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
 
Posts: 5839
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:36 am

Re: Act Vb: 'Ah fresh air...'

Postby Priest » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:04 pm

Although the closed sign hangs in the magnificent double doorway of the museum. Professor Hawthorne is working late and is overjoyed to see you, even if his continual sniffing of the air and the look of utter horror it produces speaks otherwise.

"Welcome, welcome my dear sir and Miss Bly. Is there any news on my escaped basilisk? Have you found it? Have you got it with you?" He looks around, seeing you unaccompanied by containers his dissapointment is evident.

"Please come into my office. I shall have tea brought straight away" he sniffs the air again and his face shows the continued presence of the disturbing odour, "By Jove what is that awfull smell?"
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
User avatar
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 3269
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:28 pm
Location: Somerset, England

Re: Act Vb: 'Ah fresh air...'

Postby carnage_lee » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:51 pm

Image

"Sorry Professor ... we have had no luck in locating your 'basilisk' instead we have despatched a altogether much larger creature in the serwers, not far from here..." Nellie says to the Professor "That accounts for our rather ripe odour too I am afraid."

"We don't have a lot of time for proper explanations, we need to summon the constabulary ... on Mr. Wellington's advice, I hasten to add." Nellie pauses to take a deep breath. "We found a body, partially eaten! Then we encountered some workmen... those poor men were attacked.. did you get in touch with Inspector Nettles as Wellington advised?"
User avatar
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 2305
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:57 am
Location: Orpington, Kent, UK

Re: Act Vb: 'Ah fresh air...'

Postby Tabs » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:19 pm

Klevendon nods in agreement. "We must be quick, Mr. Wellington and Mr. Roxborough could be in danger!" As he speaks he can't help but surreptitiously wipe his shoe upon the carpet.
User avatar
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
 
Posts: 5839
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:36 am

Re: Act Vb: 'Ah fresh air...'

Postby Priest » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:36 pm

Hawthorne, a delicate lace handkerchief having appeared and held to his nose, looks a trifle confused. "Not a Basilisk you say? But something larger. Dead workmen. Sewers. Dear me I shall have to sit down" he does so.
After a few moments of thought he adds, "Nettles...yes Scotland Yard, I shall advise him of the situation imediately"
He turns to Klevendon, and for a brief moment his eyes seem to chart the course of the rather nasty mark you have left on the carpet. "So this...creature, you have it with you?"
He glances around you disapointment in his expression.
"Oh before I forget. This is the box that the egg was delivered in"
The box, wooden measuring somewhere around one foot square has writing on both sides, even from a distance you can tell one is an address, the other?
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
User avatar
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 3269
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:28 pm
Location: Somerset, England

Re: Act Vb: 'Ah fresh air...'

Postby Tabs » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:43 am

Klevendon follows Hawthorne's gaze and utters an embarrassed, "Ahem!" He joins Hawthorne in sitting down and asks:

"Tea--a cup of tea would be most welcome, Mr. Hawthorne." He elaborates: "It wasn't a basilisk that we encountered but something else equally fantastic: a dinosaur!" Klevendon reads the other side of the box.
User avatar
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
 
Posts: 5839
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:36 am

Re: Act Vb: 'Ah fresh air...'

Postby Priest » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:46 am

Hawthorne smiles at Klevendon's obvious embarassment, "Tea is it then. If you'll excuse me a moment I shall see to it forthwith" he exits the room, "Martha, Martha! Tea. Blast it have you gone home woman?" His voice fades as he goes in search of his secretary.

Klevendon, with a practiced eye, studdies the box.He notes that one side contains Professor Hawthorne's adress at the museum and a postage stamp. The other bears the stamped logo of the 'London Electric Company' beneath which has been stamped a long reference number. The interior of the box contains a few remnants of the straw that had obviously been used to secure the eggs in the post.

When questioned upon his return, Hawthorne professes no knowledge of the 'LEC' or of any of its employees. He has no idea of the whereabouts of the companies facilities, However Nellie does having worked on a fairly recent article advertising and promoting the fine work of the company in its efforts to electrificate the city.

OOC:   Also either of you may recall that there had been a very recent newspaper article concerning a series of 'blackouts' throughout the city.  
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
User avatar
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 3269
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:28 pm
Location: Somerset, England

Re: Act Vb: 'Ah fresh air...'

Postby Tabs » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:05 pm

Klevendon jots down the reference number and pockets some straw. "Mr. Wellington may be able to gain a clue from the straw," he explains, also adding, "a visit to the L.E.C. seems to be required, eh, Miss Bly?"

"Employees, huh!" he says (referring to Martha and the tea).
User avatar
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
 
Posts: 5839
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:36 am

Re: Act Vb: 'Ah fresh air...'

Postby Priest » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:45 pm

OOC:   Rather than spend time detailing your return to the scene of the creatures demise, your finding of the others and representatives of the police force, and having to explain everything to them.
Please continue the story here at the London Electric Company. viewtopic.php?f=286&t=5219  
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
User avatar
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 3269
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:28 pm
Location: Somerset, England


Return to Leagues of Adventure

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron