IC-Ep 3-Fury From the Deep(Everyone else)

Elliot and Valerie Soames set out to rescue Dr. Kirby, while Salem and Raymond MacIntyre remain on the beach and the rest of the UNIT team helps Story and his companions recover the TARDIS.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

IC-Ep 3-Fury From the Deep(Everyone else)

Postby Mr. Handy » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:10 am

Image

Dunwich Beach - Dunwich, England
2:35 PM - Thursday, September 5, 1985

Leonek drove down the street to the phone booth, where Raymond and Salem squeezed into the vehicle. With it now fully loaded, he turned around and drove back to the beach. Luckily the Land Rover had four-wheel drive, so it had no problem going over the sandy, rocky surface. Leonek made his way back down the beach and pulled up past Horsham's shack, close to where the land came to an end at the base of the cliffs. The small boat was right where they had left it.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 39619
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC-Ep 3-Fury From the Deep(Everyone else)

Postby DrPeterson » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:36 pm

"We should takes some paddles from the shack. And if Horsham is in, we should try to subdue him, but allow him the chance to get away. If he's innocent, he'll run to the police and that should attract sufficient attention from the fishmen. If he's with them, he'll put all those bad guys on our tail, giving the other a chance to liberate Dr. Kirby. Well, that's what I'd suggest anyway..."

Leonek stops the engine and shifts in his seat, his drying underwear causing him some discomfort, although Elizabeth's presence seems to be more unnerving.
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
User avatar
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
 
Posts: 2182
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:23 am

Re: IC-Ep 3-Fury From the Deep(Everyone else)

Postby aine » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:59 pm

Image

Tobias sees Leonek shifting uncomfortably and is reminded, "Gee, I feel almost naked without a weapon; are we really going in empty handed?"
User avatar
aine
Disciple
Disciple
 
Posts: 3309
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:52 pm
Location: Bristol, England

Re: IC-Ep 3-Fury From the Deep(Everyone else)

Postby DetectiveSocks » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:25 am

"Anything you don't have you can find in the field. Anything you can't find you didn't need anyway," as Salem looks towards Tobias in a reassuring manner.

Salem adds to Leonek's statement, "Don't forget about lifejackets!"
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
User avatar
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept
 
Posts: 542
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:58 pm
Location: Canada

Re: IC-Ep 3-Fury From the Deep(Everyone else)

Postby MikeTheMoose » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:06 am

Chad tries to reassure Tobias. "Don't worry old boy. I've still got my trusty Luger, so not totally empty handed."
User avatar
MikeTheMoose
Acolyte
Acolyte
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Thu May 02, 2013 3:57 am

Re: IC-Ep 3-Fury From the Deep(Everyone else)

Postby DetectiveSocks » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:18 am

Salem raises an eyebrow, "A Luger? That's quite the antique you're handling there. I hear they run for quite a bit of cash these days, especially after the Second World War." Salem rummages around in his satchel and hands two 9mm magazines to Chad, "I imagine you must've paid an arm and a leg for it," Salem closely studies Chad's scars, "...And your face as well," Salem gives a timid smile, as he jumps out the cramped car and move towards Horsham's shack.
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
User avatar
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept
 
Posts: 542
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:58 pm
Location: Canada

Re: IC-Ep 3-Fury From the Deep(Everyone else)

Postby aine » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:19 pm

Tobias barely disguises his disgust, "Bloody hell, what an organisation." He mutters, but only Lucius and Story, sitting next to him, overhear. He awaits his turn and then jumps down onto the sand.
User avatar
aine
Disciple
Disciple
 
Posts: 3309
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:52 pm
Location: Bristol, England

Re: IC-Ep 3-Fury From the Deep(Everyone else)

Postby jaysun81 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:41 am

Story merely smiles at Tobias and patiently awaits his turn to exit the vehicle. His thoughts dwell on the violence that is sure to occur in the moments to come.
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
- All things tabletop gaming -
User avatar
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
 
Posts: 1034
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:58 am
Location: Virginia, USA

Re: IC-Ep 3-Fury From the Deep(Everyone else)

Postby Mr. Handy » Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:57 am

One by one, the group emerged from the Land Rover.

Spoiler:
The magazines don't fit the Luger, but the bullets could be extracted manually and loaded into an empty Luger magazine (if it becomes empty).
Everyone approaching the shack may roll Listen.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 39619
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC-Ep 3-Fury From the Deep(Everyone else)

Postby DrPeterson » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:34 pm

Leonek leaves the engine running and gets out of the car, making towards the shack.

Spoiler:
DrPeterson rolled 1d100:
34
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
User avatar
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
 
Posts: 2182
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:23 am

Re: IC-Ep 3-Fury From the Deep(Everyone else)

Postby Mr. Handy » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:25 pm

Spoiler:
Leonek could hear someone moving around inside the shack.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 39619
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC-Ep 3-Fury From the Deep(Everyone else)

Postby DetectiveSocks » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:37 pm

Spoiler:
DetectiveSocks rolled 1d100:
40


Spoiler:
InvisibleCastle is down :[
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
User avatar
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept
 
Posts: 542
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:58 pm
Location: Canada

Re: IC-Ep 3-Fury From the Deep(Everyone else)

Postby jaysun81 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:50 am

Story walks over to the shack with the others.

Spoiler:
jaysun81 rolled 1d100:
17
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
- All things tabletop gaming -
User avatar
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
 
Posts: 1034
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:58 am
Location: Virginia, USA

Re: IC-Ep 3-Fury From the Deep(Everyone else)

Postby Mr. Handy » Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:16 am

Spoiler:
Story could hear someone moving around inside the shack. From the sound of the footsteps, whoever it was walked with a shuffling gait.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 39619
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC-Ep 3-Fury From the Deep(Everyone else)

Postby DrPeterson » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:01 am

Leonek slowed down, signalling to the others that there was one individual in the shack. He then proceeded to make a gun with his hands, quietly suggesting the people with the guns go inside.
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
User avatar
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
 
Posts: 2182
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:23 am

Re: IC-Ep 3-Fury From the Deep(Everyone else)

Postby aine » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:08 am

Tobias shrugs and falls to the back of the group. He scans the surrounding area and the sea.
Spoiler:
Listen = 53 Spot Hidden = 64 (fails) (I used D&Moody but haven't learnt how to get the links for the rolls yet, sorry)
User avatar
aine
Disciple
Disciple
 
Posts: 3309
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:52 pm
Location: Bristol, England

Re: IC-Ep 3-Fury From the Deep(Everyone else)

Postby yockenthwaite » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:16 am

Elizabeth walks with the others, and seeing Leonek's signal makes sure that she is really quiet. She looks around for any sign of life, or anyone watching or following them.

Spoiler:
Trying Listen roll (stat 34%)
yockenthwaite rolled 1d100:
20
User avatar
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
 
Posts: 1449
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:01 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: IC-Ep 3-Fury From the Deep(Everyone else)

Postby Thorn » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:52 pm

Brook also proceeds with caution as Leonek signals.
User avatar
Thorn
Adept
Adept
 
Posts: 792
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:26 pm
Location: Norway

Re: IC-Ep 3-Fury From the Deep(Everyone else)

Postby DetectiveSocks » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:40 pm

Salem follows Leonek's lead, however, as he crouches down to stay alert, a stabbing pain spreads in his upper body from the drowning incident, and leaves Salem uncomfortable.
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
User avatar
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept
 
Posts: 542
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:58 pm
Location: Canada

Re: IC-Ep 3-Fury From the Deep(Everyone else)

Postby MikeTheMoose » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:42 pm

Spoiler:
IC is down, you'll have to trust me. (Rummages through mansions of madness to find his ten sided die. ) 69 fail


After taking the extra magazines Chad follows the others out of the Rover. After freeing himself from the crowded vehicle he once again readies his pistol. He looks at the shack briefly sizing up the geography and architecture to determine how best to make a tactical approach that would accomplish their goals. The resident may be disposed to flee, then again maybe not. They needed not to suffer casualties over the simple.

Spoiler:
I'm having a hard time visualizing our approach. Can I get a scene description? I don't remember ever coming here
User avatar
MikeTheMoose
Acolyte
Acolyte
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Thu May 02, 2013 3:57 am

Next

Return to Episode 3

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests