CH2-3a Saving Lives?

A chance occurrence in London's Heathrow Airport leads to a desperate search to find answers to terrible lost knowledge.

Moderator: ghill

Re: CH2-3a Saving Lives?

Postby Mr. Handy » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:34 am

Image

"Stretch her out between us," whispers Liz as she turns around to face Greg. "You take her legs, and I'll take her arms and crawl backwards."
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 39581
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: CH2-3a Saving Lives?

Postby carnage_lee » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:52 am

In the Garden
Andy Wade

Breathing deeply to try and alleviate some of the pain from his burns, Andy quickly scans the garden - seeing the people he recognizes from inside the house disappear through the hedge at the back. The sudden appearance of another man across the garden has him surprised and before he can think properly he turns and raises his arm, bringing the large automatic pistol to bear. Andy stops, the pistol only half raised; the man doesn't look like any of the attackers. Now that he sees the man clearly he recognises him as the one that ran upstairs when the attack started. So the guy must have jumped to escape the fire.

Andy moves over toward the other man "You alright mate?" he asks in a low voice.


OOC:   Andy intends to check 'Albert' is ok... see if he can help then follow the others and get away. Then find something cold for his burns, then phone his editor for a screaming match!  
User avatar
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 2309
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:57 am
Location: Orpington, Kent, UK

Re: CH2-3a Saving Lives?

Postby BenTheRat » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:51 pm

Clay continues to help drag the girl. "I got her Liz. Lets just keep moving."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
****************
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
****************
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
User avatar
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 3792
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:24 pm

Re: CH2-3a Saving Lives?

Postby Mr. Handy » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:41 am

Image

Liz nods, grateful for the relief, and crawls through the grass away from the house as fast as she can.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 39581
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: CH2-3a Saving Lives?

Postby Papa Gateau » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:35 am

Albert looks over at the guy with pistol waving in his general direction.

Err, yeah, I think so. Point that thing somewhere else would you?.

Albert switches his attention to the smashed computer case, hoping to be able to pull the hard drive from it's mount before making himself scarce. You don't know which way my friends went do you?
Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

The Train to Hell - A Grim Praririe Tale
User avatar
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 851
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:20 pm
Location: Gers, France

Re: CH2-3a Saving Lives?

Postby ghill » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:55 am

Albert gives the case a swift kick allowing him to access to the hard drive which seems to have come loose from the frame.
User avatar
ghill
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2649
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:27 pm
Location: UK

Re: CH2-3a Saving Lives?

Postby carnage_lee » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:48 pm

Andy lowers the pistol fully so that it's pointing at the floor angled to the side a little away from his foot. "Sorry" he says apologetically. As the other man asks his question Andy's attention is drawn back to the object on the grass judging by the dented appearance he deduces that it was thrown from upstairs.

"Yeah... everyone else ran through the hedge at the back... he answers as the other man kick the case. "If you leave the case here they'll know you got the drive." [b]Andy says in a low voice.

OOC:   Andy will head out of the garden in the same manner as everyone else, unless 'Albert' suggests otherwise.  
User avatar
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 2309
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:57 am
Location: Orpington, Kent, UK

Re: CH2-3a Saving Lives?

Postby Papa Gateau » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:01 pm

Well that's as may be but this he says holding up the hard drive is a lot easier to carry and run with than that he points at the battered tower case particularly with a bunch of psycho-nut-jobs shooting at you.

I'm Albert by the way and as much as I'd like to stay and make pleasantries, I prefer my blood on the inside where it's supposed to be and not leaking out of holes. My friends have the right idea - time for us to scoot!


With that Albert heads towards to the hedge in a low running crouch.
Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

The Train to Hell - A Grim Praririe Tale
User avatar
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 851
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:20 pm
Location: Gers, France

Re: CH2-3a Saving Lives?

Postby ghill » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:45 am

Andrew and Albert pushes their way through the hedge with minor cuts and scratches and finds themselves on a path running behind the back of the houses and along the edge of a field. The field itself is overgrown with waist height grass. A kissing gate is visible 200m to his right at the end of the path. Another gate (onto a road or track?) is visible across the field about 3-400m away. There doesn't seem to be any sign of the others. As they stand there two shots ring out neither man can tell whether they were aimed at them, but Andy certainly thinks they were.

Spoiler:
to see Andrew and Albert standing there, or for them to see the others moving through the long grass.I have assumed Jacob followed the rest into the long grass.
User avatar
ghill
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2649
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:27 pm
Location: UK

Re: CH2-3a Saving Lives?

Postby Papa Gateau » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:54 am

Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

The Train to Hell - A Grim Praririe Tale
User avatar
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 851
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:20 pm
Location: Gers, France

Re: CH2-3a Saving Lives?

Postby BenTheRat » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:11 pm

Spoiler:
target = 45:
BenTheRat rolled 1d100 and got a total of 38:
38
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
****************
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
****************
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
User avatar
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 3792
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:24 pm

Re: CH2-3a Saving Lives?

Postby carnage_lee » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:36 pm

Andrew Wade

Andy ducks as the shots ring out, looking around for any signs of the others.


Spoiler:
carnage_lee rolled 1d100 and got a total of 9:
9
User avatar
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 2309
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:57 am
Location: Orpington, Kent, UK

Re: CH2-3a Saving Lives?

Postby ghill » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:45 pm

Both Andy and Albert see the grass moving as the others crawl through it, making a beeline across the field towards the gate. Glancing around Clay see's the pair standing just by the fields edge.
User avatar
ghill
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2649
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:27 pm
Location: UK

Re: CH2-3a Saving Lives?

Postby Mr. Handy » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:59 am

Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 39581
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: CH2-3a Saving Lives?

Postby ghill » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:39 am

Spoiler:
Can I have a navigation roll from those in the grass in order not to get lost, its an easy (x2) roll. - I assume you are heading for the far hedge away from the house or are you heading left right and running parallel to the back of the houses?


There is the screech of car tyres from the street and more gunshots on the other side of the house. The house itself is now fiercely ablaze.
User avatar
ghill
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2649
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:27 pm
Location: UK

Re: CH2-3a Saving Lives?

Postby Mr. Handy » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:19 am

Image

Liz tries to crawl across the field towards the gate at the far end, but everything looks the same and distorts her sense of direction.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 39581
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: CH2-3a Saving Lives?

Postby ImpInTraining » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:18 pm

Greg manages to spot Andrew and Albert in the darkness and whispers "Psst, Liz... there's the others. Maybe we should wait for them?" He had no idea if they were heading the right way or not.
User avatar
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 4100
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:32 am
Location: Aberdeen, MD

Re: CH2-3a Saving Lives?

Postby carnage_lee » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:42 pm

Andrew Wade

"I see your friends, come on let's get moving.." Andy says to [b]Albert in a low but urgent voice.

Keeping low, hoping to avoid being spotted by their attackers Andy starts into the field, he's noted where the others seem to be heading for and heads in the same general direction, moving cautiously but not dawdling either.
User avatar
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 2309
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:57 am
Location: Orpington, Kent, UK

Re: CH2-3a Saving Lives?

Postby Mr. Handy » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:50 pm

Image

Liz nods and pauses. While she awaits the others, she takes the time to bind her wounded arm with a piece of cloth she tears off of one of her top's sleeves, after which she feels considerably better.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 39581
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: CH2-3a Saving Lives?

Postby BenTheRat » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:02 am

Clay checks the girl during the pause and tries to do first aid if possible.
OOC:   first aid check 30%:
BenTheRat rolled 1d100 and got a total of 13:
13
 


Clay takes a bit of cloth and bandages one of the girls wounds.
OOC:   ooc, heal:
BenTheRat rolled 1d3 and got a total of 2:
2
 
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
****************
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
****************
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
User avatar
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 3792
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:24 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Watch the World Burn

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CCBot [Bot] and 0 guests