CH2-3a Saving Lives?

A chance occurrence in London's Heathrow Airport leads to a desperate search to find answers to terrible lost knowledge.

Moderator: ghill

Re: CH2-3a Saving Lives?

Postby ghill » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:55 am

OOC:   Guys, I just need to know what Andy and Albert are up to then I'll describe what the bad guys are up to and for the sake of everyone sanity that'll be the end of what I laughingly call turn 1 (in reality turn 3 , 4 or 5. Then we'll do statements of intent for round 2 and so on and so on.  
User avatar
ghill
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2649
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:27 pm
Location: UK

Re: CH2-3a Saving Lives?

Postby carnage_lee » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:39 am

Andy

Finding himself now armed with a pistol and faced with attackers bursting through the front door... quite unnerved by the others running - however decided to shoot and back up.. and will try once more if time allows.

Spoiler:
carnage_lee rolled 1d100 and got a total of 97:
97
User avatar
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 2309
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:57 am
Location: Orpington, Kent, UK

Re: CH2-3a Saving Lives?

Postby ghill » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:28 pm

Inside Kitchen: As Andy draws down on him with the Colt .45 his target throws himself to the ground and Andy's shot cracks into the far wall. Jacob's target however falls to the floor with a muffled grunt. The third man however crashes into Greg as he tries to leave stopping him from doing so. (I still need a Dodge from Greg or he's grappled to the floor)

Inside Upstairs: Seeing his escape route blocked Albert moves into the back room, looking for another way out.

Outside: The man on the ground climbs to his feet firing two quick shots as he does so, whether he was aiming at Liz or not both shots hit Fay who collapses a dead weight in Liz's arms. As Clay watches another man pushes his way through the hedge on the RHS of the house.

END OF TURN 1. Statements of intent please.

Greg trapped in the kitchen potentially grappling on the floor.
Andy in the kitchen, his target is on the floor (point blank and prone so +25%) if he wants out he needs to deal with the man attacking Greg.
Jacob is free of the kitchen moving towards the fire fight in the garden (Liz and Clay are effectively right in front of him and he can see Fay has been shot) he is however also aware of events going on behind him.
Albert upstairs, undiscovered at this point may act freely, but the only way out seems to be the window from which he can jump or climb (basically lower himself and drop) but he'll need to work out what he is doing with the computer. He's not aware of whats going on in the Kitchen (Listen) or the Garden (Spot Hidden)

Outside:
Liz has a wounded Fay in her arms and two men one armed with a firearms bearing down on her
Clay Is aware Fay has been shot (She and Liz are right next to him as he comes through the French doors) he can see two men in the garden one armed with a gun the other with a club/knife? Clay is dimly aware of events happening in the Kitchen.
User avatar
ghill
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2649
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:27 pm
Location: UK

Re: CH2-3a Saving Lives?

Postby carnage_lee » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:57 pm

Andy Wade

Cursing his luck at missing, he takes aim at the prone figure that had dodged his first shot.

'It's them or us... them or us.. ' he chants in his head as he pulls the trigger.

Spoiler:
carnage_lee rolled 1d100 and got a total of 78:
78


(Follow up intentions)
If his shot connects and looks like it will keep the attacker down then Andy will go to Greg's aid - if they are grappling then he'll try to disable Greg's attacker... a .45 is nice and hefty. If they aren't in close combat then he'll try a shot .

Spoiler:
carnage_lee rolled 1d10+2 and got a total of 9:
7
Last edited by carnage_lee on Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: added damage roll
User avatar
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 2309
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:57 am
Location: Orpington, Kent, UK

Re: CH2-3a Saving Lives?

Postby ImpInTraining » Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:54 pm

Spoiler:
ImpInTraining rolled 1d100 and got a total of 85:
85
Greg's eyes widen as he suddenly sees a man barreling toward him in some sort of tackle attempt.
User avatar
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 4100
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:32 am
Location: Aberdeen, MD

Re: CH2-3a Saving Lives?

Postby ImpInTraining » Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:57 pm

Unfortunately for Greg, he noticed a bit too late and finds himself pinned on the kitchen floor. "Let go of me!" he exclaimed as he tried to wrestle free.

Spoiler:
ImpInTraining rolled 1d100 and got a total of 73:
73
User avatar
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 4100
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:32 am
Location: Aberdeen, MD

Re: CH2-3a Saving Lives?

Postby Mr. Handy » Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:40 am

Image

"Medic!" shouts Liz as she drops into a crouch and tries to set Fay down quickly without hurting her further. She aims accurately at the gunman and tries to blow him to bits before he can fire.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 39581
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: CH2-3a Saving Lives?

Postby royya » Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:57 pm

Jacob hesitates. He must help Greg and Andy and he already injured one of the men. He goes back to help the doc.
The man that is grabbing Greg's leg is on the floor wrestling the doctor, it will be easy to hit him. (point blank+25% I guess like you gave Andy for another prone man?)
Jacob says a little pray and shots the man.

OOC:   Fire 2nd shot
royya rolled 1d100 and got a total of 10:
10

EDIT: If I get the +25% like Andy got then my score is lower then 1/5 of my handgun skill.  


Hitting or missing, he will crouch next to Greg, he will squeeze the trigger again.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
User avatar
royya
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2192
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:00 pm
Location: Israel

Re: CH2-3a Saving Lives?

Postby BenTheRat » Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:00 am

"Stay down you bastard" as Liz blasts the man next to us. Clay turn and puts 2 shots from his 9 MM towards the man who just came around the house.
.
OOC:   Liz, did you do double damage for the impale? Can you impale with a shotgun?
gm, my dex is 13, is the guy that just came around the corner in point blank range? Either way.
.
1st shot target = 50% (*2 if PBR)
BenTheRat rolled 1d100 and got a total of 4:
4

.
no matter if I hit or not, putting a 2nd round into him.
BenTheRat rolled 1d100 and got a total of 64:
64
 

OOC:   definite impale on the 1st shot.
damage
BenTheRat rolled 2d10 and got a total of 8:
4, 4

and if point blank range, 2nd shot would hit also.
damage
BenTheRat rolled 1d10 and got a total of 8:
8
 

.
"Take that you BASTARD!!"
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
****************
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
****************
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
User avatar
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 3792
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:24 pm

Re: CH2-3a Saving Lives?

Postby Papa Gateau » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:49 pm

Albert returns to the office as quickly and quietly as possible, hoping the sounds of gunfire hide the sounds of his footstep. He opens the office window and throws a a few loose sheafs of paper out the window.

He then heads back looking for the master bedroom and hopefully a large wardrobe in which to hide and wait out the fire fight below.

Spoiler:
Albert is going to try and wait out the attack below - hoping that the sheafs of paper might act as a mis-direction and he can lie low until everything calms down and he can hear the sound of approaching police sirens
Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

The Train to Hell - A Grim Praririe Tale
User avatar
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 851
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:20 pm
Location: Gers, France

Re: CH2-3a Saving Lives?

Postby ghill » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:30 pm

In the kitchen:

Andy takes aim at the prone target, nearly missing him as the man tries to scramble behind a settee instead striking him in the lower torso. He then turns to where Greg and one of their assailants are struggling on the floor.
Jacob tries to take as shot at the man struggling with Greg but realises that he has a high chance of hitting Greg if he does so while the two men roll around on the ground. Throwing himself on the man he pins him and then shoots him in the back.
OOC:   Jacob had a 50/50 chance of hitting Greg if you shot into active melee? So your first roll is for the grapple, the second the shot.  

Greg and his foe struggle ineffectually to gain the upper hand although they are clearly evenly matched then all of a sudden the man goes limp in Greg's arms as Jacob shoots him.

OOC:   Can I have Spot Hidden rolls from Andy and Jacob  


Upstairs
Albert climbs into the cupboard while downstairs the sounds of fighting reaches a crescendo.
OOC:   Can I have a Hide roll please.  


In the garden:

Liz roughly drops Fay to the floor with one hand* and snaps off another shot at the man on the ground, before she can see whether she has hit or not she feels a stabbing pain in her back and a hand on her shoulder spins her around to face the unwashed teenager who has snuck up on them from the other side.
OOC:   *Liz can't really lay Fay gently down and still shoot so in this case I've assumed Liz controls her fall as best she can while shooting at her attacker.  


Meanwhile, Clay's first shot misses as the man throws himself out of Clay's line of fire, acting quickly though Clay takes a couple of steps forward and puts his second shot into the man's centre mass. Putting him out of the fight.
OOC:   Spot Hidden from Clay please  


End of turn 2

Liz: Is in hand to hand with her assailant.
Clay currently assailant free as far as he is concerned.
Jacob is crouched over the still breathing Albanian thug.
Greg is currently pinned under the said Albanian thug and will spend the majority of next round getting to his feet.
Andy is currently moving towards Greg and Jacob
Albert hiding in the closet.

OOC:   Guys I've taken some liberties with what happens based on peoples what I hope was your intent.  
User avatar
ghill
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2649
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:27 pm
Location: UK

Re: CH2-3a Saving Lives?

Postby carnage_lee » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:41 pm

Andy

Will try and cover the front door and any of the attackers that they have managed to hit inside the house. He'll follow the others if they retreat into the garden.
User avatar
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 2309
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:57 am
Location: Orpington, Kent, UK

Re: CH2-3a Saving Lives?

Postby ImpInTraining » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:07 pm

Greg was no stranger to death... but this was the first time he had a dead guy laying on him. "Get him off... get him off..." he said as he struggled to free himself from the dead weight. He hadn't even noticed someone had been calling for medical aid yet, his mind all aflutter with the concept of being caught... trapped by a dead guy. The adrenalin helped bolster his strength and get him freed from his predicament.
User avatar
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 4100
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:32 am
Location: Aberdeen, MD

Re: CH2-3a Saving Lives?

Postby BenTheRat » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:11 pm

OOC:   spot hidden check target = 45%:
BenTheRat rolled 1d100 and got a total of 9:
9
 

.
"Need a medic out here," Clay calls out as he goes to see if he can help out the girl Liz just dumped.
.
Spoiler:
ok that was a crit success so my actions may change on what I see.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
****************
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
****************
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
User avatar
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 3792
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:24 pm

Re: CH2-3a Saving Lives?

Postby Papa Gateau » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:34 pm

Spoiler:
is Hide or Conceal?
Hide[10]
Conceal[15]
Papa Gateau rolled 1d100 and got a total of 83:
83
Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

The Train to Hell - A Grim Praririe Tale
User avatar
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 851
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:20 pm
Location: Gers, France

Re: CH2-3a Saving Lives?

Postby royya » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:10 pm

He is still breathing.
Jacob says and smash the back of his handgun into the head of the Albanian that is ontop of Greg.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
User avatar
royya
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2192
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:00 pm
Location: Israel

Re: CH2-3a Saving Lives?

Postby ImpInTraining » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:28 pm

grateful to turn his attention away from the thug on the floor, Greg heard the second call for a medic and went to see what he could do to help.
User avatar
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 4100
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:32 am
Location: Aberdeen, MD

Re: CH2-3a Saving Lives?

Postby ghill » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:02 pm

OOC:   Guys, I need statements of intent not actions please.  
User avatar
ghill
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2649
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:27 pm
Location: UK

Re: CH2-3a Saving Lives?

Postby Mr. Handy » Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:19 am

Image

Liz screams in agony as she is stabbed and tries to bring her shotgun to bear on her attacker so she can blast him, but her aim has been thrown off.

Spoiler:
You made the right call for me last round.

I guess my luck had to run out sometime.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 39581
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: CH2-3a Saving Lives?

Postby BenTheRat » Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:48 pm

Spoiler:
ok, assuming all I spotted was the guy attacking Liz, or was there something else. I was kind of holding my intention until I knew what I saw.


Assuming I saw the guy knifing Liz, I'm going to pull out my small billy club and smack him across the face with it.
.
OOC:   small club attack target = 55:
BenTheRat rolled 1d100 and got a total of 36:
36
 
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
****************
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
****************
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
User avatar
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 3792
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:24 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Watch the World Burn

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CCBot [Bot] and 0 guests