CH2-3a Saving Lives?

A chance occurrence in London's Heathrow Airport leads to a desperate search to find answers to terrible lost knowledge.

Moderator: ghill

Re: CH2-3a Saving Lives?

Postby carnage_lee » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:53 am

Andrew Wade

After selecting an appropriate knife and hoping to god he wouldn't have to use it he sees the side door. In a sudden panic he rushes over to make sure it's locked and if not does all he can to secure it.

Additional thoughts after looking at the floor-plan of the house properly.
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Postby ghill » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:41 pm

Jacob and Andy: Both hear something heavy slam into the front door

Clay Perhaps, distracted by the sudden appearance of several men scaling the wall to his right, Clay is almost caught in the hail of gunfire that erupts from the two men who leap into the gateway on the left and open fire "Gangsta" style. Even so he feels a burning sensation across his forehead and a hammer blow to his shoulder.

OOC:   Clay takes a 1pt injury to his head and a further 3pts to his shoulder.  

Everyone is aware of the sound of gunfire to the front of the house
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Postby BenTheRat » Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:31 pm

"Damn it," Clay says as he falls to the ground, the world spinning for a minute. "To hell with this, everyone get the fuck out." Clay tries to get up and sprint into the back room, while trying to put pressure on the wound to his arm and stay low at the same time, but its more of a stumble, till he gets his feet under him.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Postby carnage_lee » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:30 pm

Andrew Wade

The font-door shakes struck by something heavy.. maybe someone kicking it; probably wouldn't hold out for long against a determined assault and the people outside were certainly that! And what on earth was that bloke doing upstairs? If those gunmen got in before he got downstairs he'd be trapped!

Andy yells at the man that's moved next to him "They'll be through that door in a mo, put a bullet through it, we need to slow them down!"

Shots ring out from the front, glass breaking and a yell of pain. The young guy, come stumbling up the dining room.. blood on his face and holding his shoulder, yelling for everyone to get out.

"Cover the front door! That other bloke's still upstairs!" Andy yells to the bloke near him and darts into the kitchen "He needs something to stop the bleeding." he adds. Andy looks around for a likely place for tea-towels.. opening drawers quickly.

OOC:   some rolls..
Andy: Spot Hidden 35
carnage_lee rolled 1d100 and got a total of 67:

Andy: Luck 65
carnage_lee rolled 1d100 and got a total of 42:

It's Andy's intention to get some tea-towels to help Clay and then suggest that he takes the pistol from Clay.  
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Postby ghill » Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:02 pm

Andy glances around the kitchen his eyes stray to the front door where he can see a man looking in through the window which Jacob just left. Bare chested, the man's upper torso is covered in what Andy can only describe as tribal style tattoos. Noticing Andy's stare he makes a throat cutting gesture with what Andy can only describe as a small sword ducks out of sight again. The door bounces on its hinges as though its been kicked by a mule.

Andy quickly grabs a tea-towel draped over the cooker and hands it to Clay.

Liz pushes open the French doors into the Garden grabbing Fay as she goes. As she steps out their is a crashing sound to her right as someone almost falls through the hedge.

Upstairs Albert finally pulls the last cable free from the computer and hefts the heavy box in his arms. How he'll run with this weight in his arms he has no idea.

OOC:   If Clay wraps the tea towel around his wound it'll certainly stop further blood loss, but it'll still need a first aid at some point. As Andy just asked Jacob to put a bullet through the door I'll allow him to try and put a bullet through the man in the window instead.  
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Postby BenTheRat » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:49 am

"Thanks" Clay says as he takes the towel and presses it on his arm. "Leave it man, lets go." Clay keeps his gun in hand and heads for the back door. Then quoting one of his American movies he likes, "Marines we are leaving."
With that, he checks out back and will head for the bushes out back.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Mr. Handy » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:49 am

Liz reflexively turns to look at whoever has crashed through the hedge, pointing her shotgun at the figure.

Spoiler:
Is it one of the Albanians, and is this person armed? If so, I'm firing. How far away am I from the hedge?
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Postby ghill » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:44 am

As Liz watches another man starts to force his way through the hedge. Both men are about 20' away dressed similarly in jeans leather jackets and trainers, the second man has what looks to be a crowbar in his hands.
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Postby ImpInTraining » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:49 pm

Greg, who has been rather indecisive in his time within the house, asked Andy, "Are you any good with these things?" he shook his pistol in front of the man, aiming it toward the ceiling when he did. "I'm horrible with it. Hell, I should be patching people up, not punching holes through them." He noticed Clay's wounds, "I can take care of your injuries when we get a moment to breathe."
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Postby BenTheRat » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:22 pm

"Lets move it." And Clay runs out after the direction Liz went. If I see someone between us that I don't recognize, I'm shooting.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Postby royya » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:42 pm

Jacob fires one shot at the man that stands outside the window before he ducks away. This man is probably a shaman, though it is quite ridiculous but Jacob did noticed some wierd things lately.
Once shooting, he takes cover behind a wall, waiting for Albert to come down and for Liz to say that the coast is clear in the back.

OOC:   Handgun roll
royya rolled 1d100 and got a total of 48:

Last edited by royya on Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Mr. Handy » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:45 pm

"Hasta la vista, baby," says Liz, blasting the man with the crowbar and grievously injuring him. Part of her is amazed that she's capable of doing this, but it's easier the second time. "We've got company!"
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Postby ghill » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:35 am

At the rear of the house Liz blasts the man climbing through the hedge back into the neighbouring garden. The second man climbs to his feet as Clay comes through the french doors into the Garden.

As Albert struggles down the stairs with the computer the front door is kicked off its hinges, flying several feet into the hallway. As the door hits the floor, three men pour in through the now open doorway armed with a variety of bladed instruments.

Spoiler:
They may not have seen him yet.

Spoiler:
The guys coming through the doorway have clearly seen you and will be attacking next turn. Fight/Flight.

OOC:   Can I have statements of intent please and die rolls please. Once I have everyone's statements/rolls I'll write the whole lot up as a single post.  
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Mr. Handy » Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:58 am

Liz takes aim at the other man who has burst through the hedge and, assuming he advances, holds her fire until he comes to within ten feet before squeezing the trigger.

Spoiler:
I'm using the built-in dice roller because Invisible Castle is down.

Shotgun roll (33 x 2 = 66% skill) shooting at the other goon, point blank.

Mr. Handy rolled 1d100 and got a total of 66:

Wow! I just barely hit with that one.

Damage to second goon from 12-gauge shotgun shell,
Mr. Handy rolled 4d6 and got a total of 13:
3, 1, 6, 3
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Postby royya » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:29 am

Jacob fires at one of the men that burst the door. Seeing that he hit he decides toto flee to the back door.

OOC:   Firing point blank 46% - I guess I'm in range now
Not sure what handgun Clay handed me this time ... I failed to find it.
royya rolled 1d100 and got a total of 24:

"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Postby BenTheRat » Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:07 pm

Clay doesn't want to risk shooting at Liz, so he checks both sides to make sure no more are coming around the sides. Then makes his way across the yard to Liz, "don't shoot, its me."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Postby ImpInTraining » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:13 pm

With a sense of urgency, Greg thrusts the handgun into Andy's grip, then turns to run in the direction Liz and the others went.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Postby ghill » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:06 am

OOC:   Those inside: I'm just waiting to see what Andy and Albert do. Can I have a Dodge roll from Greg please. Liz/Clay are you dodging? - NB if Liz dodges she doesn't shoot.  

Outside: The man on the ground levers himself revealing a small black pistol in his left hand without hesitating he starts shooting.
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Postby BenTheRat » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:09 pm

"Oh shit, gun!!" Clay exclaims as he does his best Matrix impersonation.
OOC:   dodge roll target = 56:
BenTheRat rolled 1d100 and got a total of 21:

Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Mr. Handy » Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:29 am

When Liz sees the pistol come out, she tries to pull Fay back inside and behind the wall adjacent to the French doors, but she's a little slow.
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Watch the World Burn