What´s my/your current reading/viewing/playing amusement?

This forum is for scenario authors to work together on creating Call of Cthulhu scenarios
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 14 years 8 months

Re: What´s my/your current reading/viewing/playing amusement?

Post by kabukiman »

Several of those books are included in the catholic bible so I actually already knew them.
The books the Maccabees are excelent history books and give you a lot of details of what was happening at the time (the romans and greeks didn't care much). There was a scenario in the GMT serie "Great battles of history" where you could play the maccabees against the seleucids.
I have finish the second ending of cyberpunk 2077 (the devil) and it is depressing.
I'm now playing the third ending.
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 3 years 3 months

Post by jp1885 »

My current amusements? Primarily I’ve always been a wargamer, but Covid scuppered that, so I’ve been getting into more RPGs with my pals over Roll20 or FVTT.

Currently I play Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 4E and GM Paranoia Red Clearance Edition on a regular basis. Also play a bit of CoC when the old gang are all free.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by Mr. Handy »

Yes, I've learned a lot about that period from the books of the Maccabees (which I've now finished), much of which I had never known before even though I'm familiar with Hanukkah. Maccabees mentioned the cleansing of the Temple on the 25th of Kislev, but they don't mention the oil lasting eight days. That must have been a later addition. The GMT game sounds great! I've played solitaire wargames before, but haven't really had anyone else with whom to play them. I have a number of board games like that, as well as computer games (which are even better for playing solo against the computer).

In Knights of the Old Republic, I'm currently on Dantooine, where I've become a Jedi Consular at the Jedi Academy, having completed my trials. Currently I'm exploring the plains and trying to resolve a feud between two prominent settler families before I go exploring the ruins.

I only have a few episodes left in the fifth season of 'Allo 'Allo. I just saw the parts that took part on the train, which I had vaguely remembered.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 2 years 2 months

Post by Mephistophilis »

I've been running a PbP game of the new Twilight 2000 rules from Free League. Crunchy as fuck. I'm busy bodging some house rules to make it even half playable after our first few encounters. The PCs very nearly got themselves a TPK in the first major battle.

Watched the Midnight Mass series on Netflix. Good horror vibe but a bit too mundane for CoC.

Just finished the old Call of Cthulhu video game (the 2018 one) I quite liked it, apart from the unhelpful controls. But as I get older I find myself turning more and more to walkthroughs because I don't have the time to piss around too much. I'm also playing the old Bladerunner video game. Also kinda fun, captures the atmosphere, but again, turning to walkthroughs to avoid pissing about doing the same thing over and over. I don't get a lot of free time.

Ah, Allo Allo, that brings back memories.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Blade Runner was awesome! We've talked about it much earlier on this thread. It's been a long time since I've played it, but I still have a copy of it. I try to avoid walkthroughs, but I'm also pressed for time, so I will use them if I get stuck. In Knights of the Old Republic, I've since finished with Dantooine, Tatooine (though I have to go back when I have a chance to look for Mission's brother), and Manaan, and I've just arrived on Kashyyyk.

I'm almost done 'Allo 'Allo, with only the final two episodes left of the ninth and last season. The first disc for season 9 wasn't working, but fortunately I was able to watch the four episodes on it online. I plan to watch the fifth episode tomorrow night and the last one Thursday morning. I'm not remembering any of the stuff from season 6 onwards, so I don't think I've ever seen them before.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

I never got too far with KotOR - I think I might still have it installed on my phone. I find I get started playing something then life gets in the way. When I went back to Blade Runner recently I'd forgotten what I was doing. I've bought a few old games I had back when I was a kid/teenager and I'm even getting a few minutes to play one or two of them.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I've only completed it once before. I typically stick with a single game until I finish it, and then I play the next one, but sometimes I've given up on a game. I also usually play for a few minutes at a time, when I do have time. I have far more games than I have time to play, and I have well over a thousand in my Steam and GoG libraries alone, not even counting physical versions of games.

I've watched the penultimate episode of 'Allo 'Allo and have watched the first five minutes or so of the finale. I'm planning to finish it tomorrow morning while I eat breakfast and then watch the Best of 'Allo 'Allo special feature.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 14 years 8 months

Post by kabukiman »

So, for halloween I saw several movies that passed in TV. The remake of "the fog" (I didn't liked), a remake of "the murders of Amytville" (it was ok), and "the woods". This last one suprised me.
I played the third ending (the temperance). Probably my favorite, but I think I won't play any of the other endings for now (we must replay exactly the same scenes for half of them, about 30 minutes and it is boring to hear the same dialogues).
So, I decide to play again the mmo secret world. Since they reset it in 2017, I had to start from the beggining. It is a horror game with lots of conspiracies and investigation. I'm already level 14 now.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

The original 1980 version of The Fog is much better. I agree, the remake wasn't good.

I only ever played through Blade Runner once, a long time ago. I turned out to be a replicant. I remember flying off in a car at the end, but I don't know what the ending was called.

I've gotten very far in Knights of the Old Republic, having finished on Kashyyyk, been intercepted by the Sith flagship Leviathan and escaped (but not before a confrontation with Darth Malak and the reveal of the big twist). I actually saw the twist coming the first time I played, as I had gone to Kashyyyk first after Dantooine in that game. After taking care of a few things by revisiting planets I'd been to before, I've now landed on the Sith planet Korriban for the first time. This is the last one I have to visit before the endgame.

I've finished 'Allo 'Allo and am now watching Red Dwarf. I'm in the middle of the second season, having just finished watching the second episode, Better Than Life.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

Ah Red Dwarf. I suspect it hasn't aged well.

Return to “Collaborative Scenario Writing”