What´s my/your current reading/viewing/playing amusement?

This forum is for scenario authors to work together on creating Call of Cthulhu scenarios
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Re: What´s my/your current reading/viewing/playing amusement

Post by kabukiman »

I started to replay king of dragon pass (I love so much this game, that I was thinking of making a campaign of runequest in this forum, but the rules still scare me, so I decide to go safe with Conan).
I decide to play more violent and chaotic than my usual.
Well, I choose a war clan, short campaign, main gods Orlanth and Uralda, I can have thralls.
In the sacred time, I put 1 magic point in agriculture, 1 in herd (thanks Uralda!), 1 in health, 1 in war. I cannot put anything in mysteries, and left the others as reserve. Orthanc demanded that I increase my herd. Well, that’s why feuds exist, right?
In the fire season, I made a cow raid to get some cows from another clan that I have bad relations; 30 cows, not bad. Then I sent a group to buy cows in the marked, another 30. I explore the tula; found a valley with a duck people; the council want me to attack them (but I know from other games that it is a silly idea at the beginning), so I make a bargain: they pay me food for 50 persons by year (and I really need food and not land, since I cannot put much magic in farms).
An outlaw women have bring us a baby that was supposed to be a great warrior; I adopted the girl and send the women away (my council did not wanted any of them). I made some sacrifices to learn new mysteries.
A weaponthane defies the leader; I’m surprised , but I agreed, and choose another follower of Orthanc
New year: In the sacred time I spend points the same way.
Orthanc is happy because I increased the herd, and get me more magic points. But one herd suddenly get sick and I need to kill the cows (luckily, it's after Orthanc rewarded me). And then my weaponthanes get sick, I pay some shamans that tell me it was a curse. I ask them to send the curse to another people. A group of adventurers (a elf, a duck, troll, a weird, and some human) ask for a inn. Never heard the word, so I give them hospitality (the council is against). But they don’t know how to behave, so I kill them and get several magic objects, who are near worthless; maybe I will trade them for others. Several expeditions in the Tula find ivory and a good clay, that will bring more goods.
Suddenly the weaponthanes are angry again, want a new leader; I exile the leader of the group, who goes away with some carls to another clan. Worst: another clan complains that THEY got the curse; I paid the shamans to get ridd. I ask them very, very sorry and promise not to repeat again.
I need to learn to follow more the advices of the council.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I've heard great things about King of Dragon Pass, and I have it on GoG, but I've never gotten around to playing it. I won my game of Master of Magic a while ago. I defeated Jafar and Freya easily enough. Lo Pan was a little more difficult, but I barely managed to take down his capital once I got Shadow Demons. He had nine Doom Bats there, but I used Black Wind before the battle and managed to kill one before the fight started, and that was enough to tip the balance. All of my Shadow Demons and Werewolves were defeated while there were still a couple of Doom Bats left, but my Huntress managed to finish them off, and that was the end of Lo Pan because I had drained his mana before the fight and he could not cast the Spell of Return. Now I'm almost halfway done Wasteland Remastered, currently exploring Las Vegas, which wasn't nuked because the house bet against it, and nobody wins against the house. There are some bugs in the game that weren't in the original. Most notably, enemies with only melee attacks don't close with you, which makes it very easy to take them down if they don't start close enough, while enemies with ranged attacks will sometimes close with you instead of shooting. There are other bugs too that I don't remember from the original version, but I played on the Apple II, and the PC version had bugs that that one didn't. After I finish the game, I intend to play Wasteland 2. I've had it for years, but I haven't tried it yet.

I've finished Season 26 of Doctor Who and am finishing up the bonus material. After that's done, I plan to watch the original UK version of the House of Cards trilogy on Blu-ray (I've seen it on DVD years ago).
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

I stoped watching "Crusade" the spinoff from babylon V, it's simply boring.
For the past few days I have been playing cyberpunk 2077. I have finish the prologue after 10 hours. I like the characters and the story. But the game keeps crashing and I have decide to leave until a patch solves the problems.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I've heard about the problems with Cyberpunk 2077. They're so bad that Sony removed it from Playstation Store. Some people's saved games got corrupted and they lost all of their progress. This is one reason why I always wait until a game has been out for a while before I buy it. That gives them time to patch it, and the price also comes down over time. Wasteland Remastered came out in March 2020, but I only bought it recently. I'd have waited longer if I hadn't gotten an 80% discount on it, so that I got it for $3 instead of $15. Even after almost a year, it still has bugs. Right now I'm done with Vegas and exploring the Sleeper Base, which has all sorts of goodies.

I'm well into House of Cards, and I'm almost done the second series, To Play the King. I don't remember how Francis Urquhart gets out of the mess he's in, but I know he will.
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

I usually just buy games after a year too. But this was a gift from my family, the edition of the pre-order that bring some physical goodies, so I couldn't resist it.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I've now done everything I can for now at the Sleeper Base in Wasteland. Now I'm exploring Project Darwin, where I need to find something in order to get the Sleeper Base's best stuff.

I finished To Play the King and started The Final Cut, which completes the House of Cards trilogy.
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

So I resume the game of kingdom of dragon pass.
New Year: it will be a bad year to trade. Oh, well.
In water season made several sacrifices to Orlanth to near his mysteries, and I build a temple to Barntar the god of farmers that allow my farmers to be more vigorous.
And suddenly my weaponthanes complain that never made a raid outside the tula and they are a war clan and demanded a raid. I complied, attacked the clan that I have a feud, and captured 20 cows; the weaponthanes were so happy that they made me a song. There is a girl that suffered a bad omen; I made divination that aid there was no problem. Except the girl died next season. I explored the tula and found the relic of a dinosaur: I put in my house with proud. Several refugees appeared and ask asylum: I made them tralls as my ancestor did, and they were proud and give me extra magic.
Next year: I did a heroquest! Orlanth and Asoka. I gained some windy stones that help to defeat the enemies in battle. I’m raided by some foreigners but I defeat them and get some extra horses. The cultist of the god of hunt offered to make a ceremony to increase the game: I accepted and give them a reward.
But the owners of the thralls (some distant horse people) came to ask for the thrall: I refused. They said they would revenge themselves. I build a temple to Humanki, the god of dead (the blessing is that my warrioes have better moral).
I'm increasing the population, the animals, but I need to recruit more weaponthanes (12 is a very low number for such a powerful clan likne mine, and I expect trouble soon).
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I finished with Project Darwin and the Sleeper Base, though I will have to return to the base at some point to learn the Helicopter Pilot skill. I didn't have enough skill points to pick it up at the time. Now I'm storming the Guardians' Citadel, where I'll find what I need to progress to the endgame and get the best equipment in the game.

I only have one episode left in The Final Cut, in which Francis Urquhart finally gets what's coming to him.
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Collaborative Scenario Writing”