The Dunwich Legacy

Investigators set out to save Arkham by defeating an Ancient One who is attempting to break into this world through gates in other dimensions.

Moderator: Tabs

Re: The Dunwich Legacy

Postby Tabs » Sun May 06, 2018 11:27 am

OOC:   Although I read that Adam Lynch had left the game it didn't register to me its importance, namely adding a token to the chaos bag. We should have discussed such a game changing event, especially since it was a choice. I think Sefina should take the hit, even her elimination, "one for the team," just to keep Adam Lynch alive.  
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Postby Mr. Handy » Sun May 06, 2018 6:36 pm

Spoiler:
Unfortunately, there was no choice in the matter, or I would have simply taken the damage instead. The Elder Thing token I drew forced me to discard an asset I control, and the resultant failure of the Crypt Chill test forced me to discard the other. I would only take the 2 damage instead if I "cannot" discard an asset. I had exactly two assets, so I had to lose them both. It was just the worst possible outcome.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Postby Tabs » Mon May 07, 2018 10:16 am

OOC:   Ach! Okay---I should never have doubted you.

Chaos token redraw
Tabs rolled 1d17:
Tabs rolled 1d17:

Enemy Phase 9

Hunting Horror attacks Sefina, dealing 1 damage and 1 horror.

Upkeep Phase 9

Sefina draws Image and gains 1 resource.

Wendy draws Image and gains 1 resource.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Postby Tabs » Tue May 08, 2018 9:40 am

Mythos Phase 10

Place 1 doom on the agenda (4/7).

Sefina draws ImageImage

Wendy draws Image

Will 4 vs. Will 3, chaos token
Tabs rolled 1d17:
-2 ; fail, taking 1 damage.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Postby Mr. Handy » Wed May 09, 2018 2:43 am

Spoiler:
Okay, I think we've got this. You should go first and use your first action to investigate, committing Burglary to give yourself an edge. I'd hold onto the Flashlight in case you need it later, though. If you succeed, which is more likely than not, then we've won. If you fail, however, I think our best chance is if you move back to the Museum Halls and engage the Hunting Horror. Then I can move to the Restricted Hall and have two actions left to investigate. I have a lower Intellect than you do, but I do have two copies of Perception and other cards I can commit for the best odds. For my first attempt, I'd commit Perception plus Unexpected Courage. If that fails, I'd try again with Perception plus Opportunist. Hopefully that will do it.
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Postby Tabs » Wed May 09, 2018 9:48 am

Investigation Phase 10

Action 1: Play Flashlight, spending 2 resources.

Action 2: Activate Flashlight: Investigate. Intellect 3 vs. 3 shroud -2[Flashlight], chaos token
Tabs rolled 1d17:
-2 ; success!

"Ooh! Pretty pictures," Wendy thought, leafing through the pages of the book. "We should keep it?"
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Postby Mr. Handy » Thu May 10, 2018 4:42 am

The instant Wendy opens the book, the monster attacking Sefina vanishes. She drags herself upright and staggers after Wendy, still crying. She finds her in the restricted hall with the Necronomicon. "You've found it!" she exclaims. "I know it's dangerous, but I have a feeling we're going to need it."

Spoiler:
Well done! :D Yes, let's keep the book.
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Postby Tabs » Thu May 10, 2018 9:49 am

Resolution 2: The Necronomicon is more than just a book; it is a tool. Within its pages is a wealth of information about the forces and creatures you have encountered. Knowing how useful it could be in your endeavors, how could you possibly bring yourself to destroy it? Besides, as long as you keep the book safely in your possession, you will still be foiling those who wish to use it for nefarious purposes.
Æ In your Campaign Log, record that the investigators took custody of the Necronomicon.
Æ The investigators have earned the Necronomicon (Olaus Wormius Translation) card. Any one investigator may choose to add the Necronomicon (Olaus Wormius Translation) to his or her deck. This card does not count towards that investigator’s deck size.
Æ You have given in to the temptation of power. Add 1 elder thing chaos token to the chaos bag for the remainder of the campaign.
Æ Each investigator earns experience equal to the Victory X value of each card in the victory display.

Image Who is to have it? Decide randomly?

That's 3 XP?
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Postby Mr. Handy » Fri May 11, 2018 4:57 am

Spoiler:
It might be better to decide strategically. You'd probably be a better choice. You have 3 Intellect, and this would give you 4 when it's in play, making you naturally good at finding clues. Its ability to generate resources is great too. You do have Dario already, but it doesn't hurt to have another source. However, I'd gladly take it if you prefer.

Yes, I think we have a total of 3 VP. I'm leaning towards taking Bulletproof Vest. Having low health is a big problem.
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Postby Tabs » Fri May 11, 2018 9:53 am

Wendy wants the book---she may colour some of the pictures. I'm tired of doing the admin for the game, a summer break would suit me...
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Postby Mr. Handy » Sat May 12, 2018 3:00 am

Spoiler:
The Necronomicon's all yours! I'm fine with a break. Let me know when you're ready to continue.
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Postby Tabs » Sat May 12, 2018 4:04 pm

Probably September. Bye.