IC-OMAHA-Showdown(Darnell/Roy/Diana/VP/Alvin/Law/Keith/etc)

The survivors from the T-Bone flee for the safety of Warren Air Force Base, while a lone woman struggles against all odds to stay alive in a very dangerous place. A small group of survivors races across Nebraska in a pickup truck. The helicopter group arrives in Omaha in a last ditch effort to save the world, but time is running out. Z-Day seems to last forever, but it will come to an end. The sun is getting lower, and night is coming...

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Re: IC-OMAHA-Showdown(Darnell/Roy/LaTanya/Kyle/Diana/VP/Miguel)

Postby Squidcorp » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:10 pm

Spoiler:
Crap - I guess I'll edit my action above to reflect the bat damage. But does the hit have to be random? I can't roll a called shot for his head at a 5% penalty to my aim?
User avatar
Squidcorp
Initiate
Initiate
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:59 pm
Location: Boston

Re: IC-OMAHA-Showdown(Darnell/Roy/LaTanya/Kyle/Diana/VP/Miguel)

Postby Mr. Handy » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:12 pm

Spoiler:
You could have done that - if you had declared it when you were rolling by mentioning it in the Note section on Invisible Castle. You can't decide you wanted to make a called shot after you already know your roll succeeded by enough. If you do manage to score a knockout blow with enough damage, then it will have hit him on the head.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 31787
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC-OMAHA-Showdown(Darnell/Roy/LaTanya/Kyle/Diana/VP/Miguel)

Postby Squidcorp » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:13 pm

Spoiler:
Gotcha.
User avatar
Squidcorp
Initiate
Initiate
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:59 pm
Location: Boston

Re: IC-OMAHA-Showdown(Darnell/Roy/LaTanya/Kyle/Diana/VP/Miguel)

Postby Mr. Handy » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:27 pm

Spoiler:
The bat only does 1d8+1d6 when hitting someone directly with it. Thrown weapons do half of their damage bonus, so it does 1d8+1d3. I have your 1d3 roll from before when you rolled 1d4+1d3, and that's a 1. Your 1d8 roll came up 5, so you do 6 damage total. This is enough to give you a chance of knocking him out. Since he had 13 HP at the time, you have a 15% chance. Roll 1d100. If you get 15 or less, he's unconscious. Otherwise, he's still standing.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 31787
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC-OMAHA-Showdown(Darnell/Roy/LaTanya/Kyle/Diana/VP/Miguel)

Postby Squidcorp » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:35 pm

Image

Roy watches the bat strike, and his stomach rises to his chest as he watches the result.
User avatar
Squidcorp
Initiate
Initiate
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:59 pm
Location: Boston

Re: IC-OMAHA-Showdown(Darnell/Roy/LaTanya/Kyle/Diana/VP/Miguel)

Postby Pentadragon » Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:10 am

Sharon Kaplan

It certainly is amazing how one's plans can change so quickly. The sounds of gunfire range in her ear and she was attempting to connect what she was seeing. The school's star quarterback had just fallen from nowhere and the boy she had been following earlier had opened fire on the Rogers boy. He appeared to be holding a shotgun.


Damn it.


She had little idea who had started the showdown but these were her students and she would not tolerate this behaivor regardless of the situation.

"Is this really what you want? Are there enough," she thrust her hand toward the doors, "people being slaughtered outside without the rest of you contributing? Can you comprehend that? Do you understand where we stand now? Our... civilization... right now stands on the brink of collapse and ruin. I won't put up with this nonsense, not in MY school!"

Spoiler:
Is that right? I apologize for taking so long. Also, I realize that Sharon is not going to persuade him to give up but Sharon does not know that.

Finally, where is Diana's response? Is it before the first shot? After? What actions take place before she acts? Before I post for her I would like to be sure of everything.
User avatar
Pentadragon
Initiate
Initiate
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:20 am

Re: IC-OMAHA-Showdown(Darnell/Roy/LaTanya/Kyle/Diana/VP/Miguel)

Postby Mr. Handy » Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:22 am

Spoiler:
That's okay, real life comes first. You've only taken a day to respond, so it really hasn't been that long for your Omaha characters. Even for Raquel, it's only been two days.

There's no time to use Persuade in the heat of battle, so I'll count that as a Fast Talk roll.

Diana may act any time you're ready. Her actions take place after all the other things that have happened except for Sharon's action. Each round there are two cycles. In the first cycle, everyone with a ready firearm gets one shot, going in order of descending DEX. The second cycle also goes in order of descending DEX, when all other actions (and additional shots, if applicable) take place. Kyle, Miguel, and Diana all have 13 DEX, but the two guys fired their guns in the first cycle. Miguel can't fire his second or third shots, as Darnell got in the way. Everyone else has higher DEX than Diana (except for Sharon), so the others all went first.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 31787
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC-OMAHA-Showdown(Darnell/Roy/LaTanya/Kyle/Diana/VP/Miguel)

Postby Pentadragon » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:50 am

Diana Forrester

Diana stood in silence as the situation slowly seemed to worsen. The whole thing seemed like a ver very bad soap opera targeted at teenagers. The only thing missing was the alcoholic parent. God help them if things became any more cliche. She found herself unable to laugh at the entire scene though. Everything was much too serious.

With her eyes remaining on Kyle she bent down to help up LaTanya who seemed to be in considerable pain after being struck in the leg with a bat. She offered her hand LaTanya and broke her gaze with Kyle. Very quietly she said,

"LaTanya, are you serious? Are you really..."

She watched her but was almost completely certain she would be unable to tell whether or not she was lieing.
User avatar
Pentadragon
Initiate
Initiate
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:20 am

Re: IC-OMAHA-Showdown(Darnell/Roy/Diana/VP/Alvin/Law/Keith/etc)

Postby Mr. Handy » Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:23 am

On the balcony-
"Really," said LaTanya, gritting her teeth in pain. Then she saw Darnell staring in shock as Kyle leveled his shotgun at him. "No! Don't kill him, I'll do anything you want!"

Kyle was still reeling from being struck by the heavy aluminum bat that had then fallen at Darnell's feet. Everything seemed to be closing in on him, and he could tell one of his ribs was cracked. It wasn't supposed to be like this. Things had gone too far, and there was no turning back now. Grimacing, he grabbed his backpack from his open locker and slung it and his shotgun on his back. Then he pulled out a 9mm handgun from his locker and grabbed LaTanya around the waist with his free hand. "You're coming with me." He made sure to keep her between him and Miguel down in the lobby so that he could not get a clear shot, and he supported her as he backed away around the corner and down the southeast hall. "Nobody try to follow us!" Soon they vanished from the sight of those on the balcony.

Spoiler:
Darnell, you're stunned and cannot act this round. Diana, you're free to act.

In the lobby-
"Dammit!" cried Miguel, unable to line up a shot. He engaged the safety and slipped his pistol back into his inside jacket pocket as he hurried to the north hall, stepping over the shattered bat that Darnell had dropped and rushing past Jerry Law, Alvin, Keith, and Murray when they entered the lobby. "Kyle Rogers just tried to blow Roy away with a shotgun. He's hurt, but he's taken LaTanya with him. We have to get up there fast!"

Dr. Helene Saunders spoke on Jerry's radio: "Officer Wheeler, if one of those things has gotten inside, it must be stopped. If it kills anyone, we could be dealing with more than one soon. We must buy as much time as possible so the power can be restored. Rachel just came back to the lab, but she's nowhere near the kitchen. There have been shots fired inside the school, a shotgun and a pistol. I don't know why yet. It's up to you what you feel is most important to investigate. We need your help, but you must take care of yourself too."

Spoiler:
Roy and Sharon, roll Spot Hidden. Everyone in the lobby is free to act now. Roy, you are the only one able to throw something at Kyle before he gets out of sight. You may throw one of your baseballs, as your bat is up on the balcony and the other one is broken. However, you must roll against half of your skill, which means you need a 37 or less to succeed. If you miss, you must then roll Luck to avoid hitting LaTanya. The baseball does 1d4+1d3 damage, and you may make this attack a knockout attempt. Kyle has 7 HP remaining, and any hit of 5 or more damage will automatically knock him out. If you choose not to throw a ball, you may leave the lobby down one of the halls.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 31787
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC-OMAHA-Showdown(Darnell/Roy/Diana/VP/Alvin/Law/Keith/etc)

Postby Squidcorp » Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:07 am

Image

Roy's head is swimmingas mortal fear dissolves further into rage. With Kyle still in his view, Roy yanks a baseball out of his sweats and hurls it after the maniac, aiming to knock him into next week. The ball connects. He can see by the impact that Kyle is hurt again.
User avatar
Squidcorp
Initiate
Initiate
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:59 pm
Location: Boston

Re: IC-OMAHA-Showdown(Darnell/Roy/Diana/VP/Alvin/Law/Keith/etc)

Postby Mr. Handy » Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:19 am

Spoiler:
Now you'll need to roll on the Resistance Table to see if it knocks him out. You did 4 damage and he had 7 HP left, so that gives you a 35% chance. Roll 1d100 and try to get 35 or less. If you get 36 or higher, you'll need to roll 1d20 for a random hit location and he'll take the full 4 damage.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 31787
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC-OMAHA-Showdown(Darnell/Roy/Diana/VP/Alvin/Law/Keith/etc)

Postby Squidcorp » Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:32 am

Still bouncing on his left foot as he watches Kyle's head and the baseball ricochet off of each other, Roy exhales and imagines the career he could have had in baseball.
User avatar
Squidcorp
Initiate
Initiate
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:59 pm
Location: Boston

Re: IC-OMAHA-Showdown(Darnell/Roy/Diana/VP/Alvin/Law/Keith/etc)

Postby Mr. Handy » Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:36 am

In the southeast hall, upper floor-
Roy's throw beaned Kyle in the forehead, and he collapsed on the floor like a sack of potatoes, unconscious. LaTanya fell on top of him.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 31787
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC-OMAHA-Showdown(Darnell/Roy/Diana/VP/Alvin/Law/Keith/etc)

Postby Squidcorp » Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:51 am

Image

Roy points a meaty finger at where he imagines Kyle to be lying in the hall above and yells at the top of his lungs, "BOOM! Headshot! Gotcha contact sport right here muthafucka!"
User avatar
Squidcorp
Initiate
Initiate
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:59 pm
Location: Boston

Re: IC-OMAHA-Showdown(Darnell/Roy/Diana/VP/Alvin/Law/Keith/etc)

Postby Tabs » Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:20 am

Keith Stewart
Image
"Way to go, Roy, they work!" shouts Keith in obvious relief now that Kyle is down.
User avatar
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
 
Posts: 5614
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:36 am

Re: IC-OMAHA-Showdown(Darnell/Roy/Diana/VP/Alvin/Law/Keith/etc)

Postby Pentadragon » Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:54 pm

Diana Forrester

Diana made slow but steady movements toward Kyle. This was just like the scene in the movie where the hero checks to see if the moster was really dead. Except it wasn't. It never was dead and it would kill them all. She thought that two things were in order. First off, she needed to get that shotgun away from Kyle. He appeared to be unconscious so she should not have much difficultly with that. Second, and probably more importantly, she needed to get LaTanya away from him. She was obviously in considerable pain from when the bat struck her leg.

With careful movements, she picked up the shotgun from Kyle's hand. A second passed before she tried to help LaTanya with her other hand. She made a conscious effort to keep the gun as far away as possible from Kyle's body as possible. She wondered if the villan could feel LaTanya moving off of him. Would the change in pressure awaken the sleeping beast?

"Can you walk?" Diana asked with concern as she stretched out her hand to her.
User avatar
Pentadragon
Initiate
Initiate
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:20 am

Re: IC-OMAHA-Showdown(Darnell/Roy/Diana/VP/Alvin/Law/Keith/etc)

Postby kabukiman » Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:37 pm

OOC: I edited the post.

Jerry continued running to help Miguel.
Last edited by kabukiman on Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 5690
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:01 pm
Location: Porto/Portugal

Re: IC-OMAHA-Showdown(Darnell/Roy/Diana/VP/Alvin/Law/Keith/etc)

Postby Mr. Handy » Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:49 pm

Spoiler:
Jerry is in the lobby, on the ground floor. Kyle is in the southeast hall on the upper floor, so you can't get to him easily. The only unbarricaded stairway is the northern one, and it'll take you some time to get all the way up to where Kyle is lying unconscious.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 31787
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC-OMAHA-Showdown(Darnell/Roy/Diana/VP/Alvin/Law/Keith/etc)

Postby Mr Zombie killer » Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:50 pm

Spoiler:
So I cannot even say anything? Also Jerry was downstairs I thought so he cannot grab Keith right now. Is Alvin in this one now?
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2816
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:52 pm
Location: Illinois

Re: IC-OMAHA-Showdown(Darnell/Roy/Diana/VP/Alvin/Law/Keith/etc)

Postby Mr. Handy » Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:01 pm

Spoiler:
I just posted about Jerry not being able to grab Kyle. Darnell is stunned this round, so he can't say anything yet. Alvin is in the lobby with Jerry in this thread, and he is free to act.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 31787
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

PreviousNext

Return to Chapter 4 - The Longest Day

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron