IC-OMAHA-The Gathering(Everyone else)

The survivors from the T-Bone flee for the safety of Warren Air Force Base, while a lone woman struggles against all odds to stay alive in a very dangerous place. A small group of survivors races across Nebraska in a pickup truck. The helicopter group arrives in Omaha in a last ditch effort to save the world, but time is running out. Z-Day seems to last forever, but it will come to an end. The sun is getting lower, and night is coming...

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Re: IC-OMAHA-The Gathering(Everyone else)

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Alvin grabbed 4 tennis balls which he put in his pocket while still carrying the bottle in one hand.
Handy,What are the damage for this . I know the skill used is throw. Is it the same damage as the baseballs which I wrote down for Darnell?
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Yes, they're identical to the baseballs in terms of stats. They do 1d4 plus half your damage bonus.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years

Post by kabukiman »

-Have you finished? I don't want to stay more time than necessary here.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Alvin said, "I am ready. If everyone else is lets go. But maybe you need some weapon other then that nightstick Jerry. Maybe the bow and arrow set?"
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-I don't know how to use them, but you never know what the future hold, so I will bring them. Let's go then.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Post by Tabs »

Keith Stewart
In between puffs of his Joint, Keith says, "Okay I'm ready too, lead on."
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Jerry goes to the kitchen.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Alvin whistles to Murry and prepares to follow Jerry
Last edited by Mr Zombie killer on Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Remember, those of you who went to the atheltic supply closet to get something cannot also move to another location this round. After the next major update you'll be able to go back to the north hall, and from there it'll be a few rounds to reach the cafeteria and kitchen. There is also a fire exit on the east side of the gym that leads out to the construction site, a short distance north of the kitchen's fire exit.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Keith Stewart
In the gym:
"Jerry, Alvin, tell you what we didn't sort out, (although my mind is getting hazy about detail); that noise which Alvin heard coming from here. How about the fire exit which leads to the construction site?"
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Rachel Cohen
On the roof:
"Michiko, how are you doing? Seen anything unusual? And thank you for looking out."
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Alvin said, "Uhh Keith the only one who was outside was the cop and she was no where near the construction site so I would be careful opening that door. Maybe uhh Jerry can you get on your radio and check where the cop is and if she is near the door to the construcion site we can open the door but otherwise I vote against that move."
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Keith Stewart
"Okay Alvin, but maybe we should open the fire exit and neutralize any threat; we can all be ready with our weapons; I vote we open the door. What do you think Jerry?"
Tangerine
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Post by Tangerine »

OOC,My apologies for holding things back so much! I got quite busy quite suddenly, but it's sorted out.
Megan

Shuddering, Megan walked over to where Erica was set, and crouched beside her, intent on observing the zombies for future reference (and admiring the ace-shooting from Erica!) She cheered along with Rachael as Erica drilled another zombie through the face.

Dr Singh

Still flabbergasted at the talk of EMPs and destruction, Dr Singh pulled himself together enough to listen - a little jealously - to Dr Hausmann's conclusion. After a moment of thought, he questioned Dr Hausmann - "That would explain the rapid spread in areas around the meteor showers, if they indeed were a vector for the trigger. But, from our simulation, even a gas-phase delivery of the trigger would only account for a quarter or less of the infected predicted - what about the ones purportedly able to, er, regenerate and 'resurrect'? Is the trigger a contact-toxin? It doesn't fit."

During his questioning he, didn't look often at Dr Hausmann. Instead, he glanced at Stephenie and Dr Saunders suspiciously, almost accusingly.
"The whole world is crazy except thee and me, though sometimes I wonder about thee." - Grandmother Tangerine (dec.)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Don't worry about it, Tangerine. I know what it's like to be busy all too well.
In the north hall, upper floor-
LaTanya, Darnell, and Diana walked south down the hallway and onto the balcony.
OOC,[b]Darnell Jones[/b], [b]Roy McCrumb[/b], [b]LaTanya Washington[/b], [b]Kyle Rogers[/b], and [b]Diana Forester[/b] are moving to the thread linked below. Please stop reading the current thread at this point. Everyone else remains in the current thread.
Showdown

On the roof-
"Thanks, gals!" said Erica with a grin. She fired again, but this shot went a little wide. "Guess you can't hit every time."

Rachel heard Kate's reply on the radio: "Copy, thanks for the assist - not one of my best days at target practice! On my way back - need an eight-five-two to steady the nerves, I think." In the distance, she could see the policewoman running across the football field back to the school while trying to clear her jammed pistol. Then Kate spoke on the radio again in response to Jerry Law. "Copy, Law. I'm at the northwest corner of the fence. The, er, 'unruly' crowd has been mostly subdued. Someone on the roof is playing Charles, er, taking over for me. There's three left at the fence, I'm on my way back in. Fancy joinin' me for an eight-five-two?"

Then there was the sound of a somewhat distant shotgun blast.
OOC,Everyone, roll Listen to try to determine where the shotgun blast came from.
In the special projects lab-
Everyone in the lab also heard Kate speaking on Dr. Saunders's radio.

"It's no freak occurrence," said Stephanie as she typed, in response to Chester Johnson. "Humanity has been targeted for extermination. I've always believed in extraterrestrial life too, but I didn't want that belief confirmed like this. I'd rather have been wrong."

"You are correct, Dr. Singh," said Dr. Hausmann. "The reanimation of the already deceased would not explain the numbers we're seeing. There was something else that came down in some of those meteorites, something very much alive. Stephanie, you can explain about that. You have more knowledge of it than I do."

"The meteorites didn't just contain this chemical trigger," said Stephanie. "They were a kind of capsule designed to contain biological organisms and preserve them through entry into the Earth's atmosphere and collision with the ground. These organisms resemble gigantic mosquitos, and they have a poisonous sting in their tails. The meteorites also contained a sulfurous gas. Perhaps the creatures breathe it, but that's just speculation at this point. They're extremely deadly, and only one person I know of survived an encounter with them. He saw six people slaughtered when one of these meteorites burst open and released a swarm of these things, all in a matter of seconds. The meteorite's opening may have been triggered by humans approaching it. Fortunately, these creatures seem to die quickly in Earth's atmosphere. He found a whole bunch of dead ones on a roadside later on. These alien creatures came down all over the world, especially in cities. They must have killed millions of people very rapidly with their stings, and then those people rose from the dead and attacked the living. Their bites are poisonous in a similar manner, though I'm not certain if it's the same toxin. The retrovirus doesn't appear to affect the living, as our immune systems can suppress it, but I think it's what causes the cadavers to reanimate." She was interrupted by a somewhat distant shotgun blast. "Oh my God!"
OOC,Everyone, roll Listen to try to determine where the blast came from.
In the north stairwell, ground floor-
Adam Donnelly returned upstairs, encountering Coach Ron Moore again. Both men heard a somewhat distant shotgun blast.
OOC,[b]Ron Moore[/b] and [b]Adam Donnelly[/b], roll Listen to try to determine where the blast came from.
In the north hall, ground floor-
Sharon Kaplan exited the stairwell and made her way south through the north hall toward the lobby. Ahead of her she could see Miguel Garcia enter the lobby. She too heard the shotgun blast.
OOC,[b]Sharon Kaplan[/b], roll Listen to try to determine where the blast came from.
In the lobby-
Miguel Garcia entered the lobby from the north hall and hurried to the door of the security office. He was right outside the door when the blast rang out.

In the gym-
Jerry's radio squawked with Kate's reply. There was some more loud pounding somewhere to the south, followed by a metallic crash. Then everyone in the gym heard the shotgun blast.
OOC,Everyone in the gym, roll Listen to try to determine where the blast came from. Nobody actually left the gym yet, but you may do so now.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Pentadragon
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by Pentadragon »

Vice Principal Sharon Kaplan

It was several seconds before the sound of the blast stopped repeating itself in her ears. As it is with most people, the sound of a shotgun blast startled her quite a bit. She stopped in her tracks and turned her head wildly in an attempt to find the source of the noise but without avail.

She slowly continued her walk toward the security office. Sharon wondered if she should be continuing on. She was the vice principal and those sorts of things were not welcome in her school. However, there were probably people closer tp and better suited for whatever was happening. Despite these crude attempts to comfort herself she still felt guilty. What could she possiblely do? In fact, this was incentive to walk more swiftly to her destination.

She began jogging toward Miguel Garcia.
beertender
Layman
Layman

Post by beertender »

***The coach looks down the hall towards he blast sound, then back at adam. He readies his saber.***

"What the hell was that?...Maybe we should go take a look"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Don't forget to roll Listen to figure out where the shot came from.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Squidcorp
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Squidcorp »

Special Projects Lab
Julianne jumps at the sound of the shotgun blast. She clutches a counter top with one hand and and covers her mouth with the other. She freezes, trying to tell where the echoes in the halls are traveling from. Trembling, she looks toward the Lab exit.

"W-was that... from the Lockers?"
Pentadragon
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Pentadragon »

OOC,Is Roy in The Gathering thread now? Would Sharon have seen him fall from the balcony?

Return to “Chapter 4 - The Longest Day”