IC-OMAHA-The Gathering(Everyone else)

The survivors from the T-Bone flee for the safety of Warren Air Force Base, while a lone woman struggles against all odds to stay alive in a very dangerous place. A small group of survivors races across Nebraska in a pickup truck. The helicopter group arrives in Omaha in a last ditch effort to save the world, but time is running out. Z-Day seems to last forever, but it will come to an end. The sun is getting lower, and night is coming...

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Re: IC-OMAHA-The Gathering(Everyone else)

Post by Tabs »

Keith Stewart
In the stairwell. To anyone nearby:
"Who wants the axe?" Keith hoists the chainsaw, "Woo hoo, yeah man."

[sub]Keith tugs the pull cord of the chainsaw.[/sub]
Last edited by Tabs on Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

In the stairway, Alvin looked around for Murry and whistled for him.
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Tangerine
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Post by Tangerine »

Megan Petrovich

Seeing Adam, Megan walks over calmly, trying to get a fix on what his problem might be. Besides, the CDC woman trying to help the school's security guard might know where she could get her hands on something to fight with - as much as Megan hated her posting in Iraq, her hands itched to feel the comforting, powerful weight of a weapon in them.
OOC,Oh Wise and Omnipotent Keeper, Megan shall use her war-trained bug-out detector to scope Adam out, see if she can offer any realistic advice.
"The whole world is crazy except thee and me, though sometimes I wonder about thee." - Grandmother Tangerine (dec.)
Tangerine
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Tangerine »

Dr Singh

"Ah! The helicopter has arrived!" Grabbing his laptop, satchel and his notes, he hurries towards the roof, muttering to Chester "We shall see... I must greet Dr Hausmann appropriately!"
"The whole world is crazy except thee and me, though sometimes I wonder about thee." - Grandmother Tangerine (dec.)
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years

Post by kabukiman »

-Yes, Rachel-San, I will try to do my best.

Rorran
Layman
Layman

Post by Rorran »

Chester

Yelling after Dr. Singh:
"Ok! But I'm not going to sit around doing nothing while you sort it all out."

Turning back to Enrico:
"Listen, Enrico...while you guys were downstairs, did you block off any of the entrances or stairwells? We need to seal this building off as best we can to buy some time."
When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.
--Albert Einstein
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Michiko Watanabe,[b]Michiko[/b] could now clearly see the zombies at the northwest corner, and the sight was hideous and terrifying. [b]Kate Wheeler[/b] bravely stood her ground at the 15 yard line and fired at one of them, taking it down with two shots to the head. She had already destroyed another one and dropped a third to its hands and knees, leaving seven on their feet clawing at the fence. [b]Michiko[/b] also noticed that, here and there at various points around the school, a few more ghouls had shown up and begun to work at the fence. [b]Michiko[/b], roll Sanity. Sanity loss is 0/1d10. If you lose 5 or more Sanity, roll Idea. If the Idea roll fails, you're okay, but if it succeeds you will go temporarily insane.
Alvin Drummond,There was no sign of [b]Murray[/b]. He did not appear to have followed.
Megan Petrovich,Go ahead and roll Psychology to figure out what's wrong with him if you like, but your bonus does not apply in this situation - diagnosing mental illness. The base skill is only 5%. Even if you fail, his symptoms do seem familiar - she's known fellow soldiers to act this way when they cracked up in Iraq. Psychoanalysis would be needed to snap him out of it, but that only has a base skill of 1%.
Chester Johnson and Enrico Santini,Neither of you have been downstairs in a long time, but you do know that the southwest and southeast stairs have been barricaded, as has the front entrance. The fire exits have all been sealed except for a single door in the gym that has been propped open so those outside could get back in, as far as you know. The fire exits lock automatically when closed, but can be opened freely from inside.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Michiko saw in horror the creatures. But she managed somehow to keep calm.
-They are coming more! But from where? They cant' t be all from the cemetary. Unless... they are infecting normal people and turning in those creatures.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Rachel Cohen
Rachel approaches Erica Spears:
"Erica, I'm Rachel, I reckon together we can keep back these ghouls should they break through the fence. I would sure like a rifle and night sight!"
"Michiko, the Japanese student, is keeping a look out as well. I asked her to let us know of any trouble."
Alex Tru
Layman
Layman

Post by Alex Tru »

Elijah stands off to the side not sure if he can help at all.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the north stairwell, ground floor-
Vice Principal Sharon Kaplan frowned when Keith Stewart picked up the chainsaw. "Careful with that," she said. "Those look like they're from the groundskeeper's shed. Mr. Woodridge must have brought them inside. I don't know if we should take them without his permission."

On the roof-
"It's good to meet you, Rachel," said Erica as she lined up a shot on one of the ghouls. "Unfortunately, this is the only rifle we've got, and there's only one magazine. We had more, but...we were forced to leave them back at the airfield where we landed to refuel."

"No, they're not all coming from the cemetery," Stephanie told Michiko as she hurried toward the stairs. "Buried bodies do rise, yes, but so does anyone who gets killed from any cause, whether they're bitten or not, unless there's enough damage to the brain or spine to keep them from functioning. I've seen it happen far too many times today. If what we're doing works, they won't rise any more and the dead will finally be able to rest in peace. The reason there are so many is that those meteorites that came down contained extraterrestrial organisms that resemble giant mosquitoes with an extremely poisonous sting. I only know of one person who saw them and lived. Fortunately, they die after a few hours of exposure to Earth's atmosphere."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-Really? So it's not some punishement from Heaven? That's good... I mean it's terrible but not so bad as if it was the god's punishing us. But they are coming more and more, I just hope that the others repair the fance quickly.

Jerry
He goes speaking to Vice Principal Sharon:
-Sir? I will try to create a small task force, so if anything goes wrong with the fence, we may have a group ready to fight those creatures and protecting or allowing the escape of the others.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Keith Stewart
North stairwell ground floor:
"Aw....., I suppose you're right Vice Principal Kaplan. Still, I intend to hang on to it, I don't care what anyone says. Old Woody can take the chainsaw off me if he wants it back!"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the north hall, ground floor-
Miguel Garcia followed Keith Stewart into the stairwell, leaving the principal standing alone in the hall.
OOC,[b]Principal Lawrence Adler[/b] is moving to the thread linked below. Everyone else remains in the current thread.
On the Menu

"Good thinking, Jerry," said Sharon Kaplan. "Ask around for volunteers. Let's get upstairs, Laura." She and the secretary hurried up with the rest of the crowd, followed closely by Michelle Marquez.

Kate Wheeler spoke on Jerry Law's radio: "Copy that! Will continue to engage suspe- I mean, filthy ghoulies. Keep me advised on the situation. Over."

Miguel Garcia entered from the hall just as Murray the dog emerged from the basement stairs and went to Alvin Drummond's side.

"Get yourself upstairs with the others, Ma," said Chuck Lubachek. "Grab yourself that axe while you're at it. We'll fix the generator. Come on, Emilio." He went down the stairs into the basement, taking Tiny with him. Emily hefted the axe and went up the stairs following the others, right behind Becky.

The large crowd moved up the stairs. The group also included Coach Ron Moore, Roy McCrumb, Darnell Jones, LaTanya Washington, and Kyle Rogers.

On the roof-
Erica fired her M-16, hitting one of the zombies at the northwest corner of the fence in the head. Its skull was split open, and it fell. "Yeah!" cheered Erica. "Good luck, Steph!"

Rachel could tell that it would be a long-range shot to hit any of the zombies with her Desert Eagle, and it would be even more difficult with the Uzi. She might be able to hit, but for the best chance she would need to either wait for them to get closer, or get closer herself - and that would mean going down to the ground. If she fired now, she risked wasting ammo. At any rate, almost half of the pack she had seen was already down. Now that Erica had arrived, it looked like she and Kate could make short work of them. Kate's voice also came from her radio, annoucing her intentions.

"You too, Erica!" Stephanie called back. She spoke to Michiko one more time as she reached the stairs. "Yes, so do I. We need the power back on not only for the fence, but to finish our work too. With Adam Donnelly on the job, it shouldn't take long." She went downstairs with Lucy, Dr. Smith, and Dr. Hausmann.
Rachel Cohen,Roll Sanity for seeing the zombies. Sanity loss is 0/1d10, so you lose no Sanity if you succeed, but you lose 1d10 if you fail. If you lose 5 or more points, you must then roll Idea. If that roll fails, you're okay, but if it succeeds, then you will go temporarily insane. If you remain sane and want to shoot, you'll be at half skill at this range while using precision aim. The -5 penalty for targeting the head is applied after halving your skill. You may fire one shot from the Desert Eagle or two single shots with the Uzi if you wish to. When firing the Uzi in single shot mode, you can use your Handgun skill instead of Submachine Gun. Thus, instead of 75%, your effective skill would be 37.5%. This would be reduced to 32.5% for aiming at the head, so you'd only hit on a 32 or less. You might want to conserve your ammo instead.
In the north stairwell, upper floor-
"Adam, please get up," said Liz soothingly. "Stephanie's going to be all right, but we're going to need your help to fix the generator. She'll be here any second now. You don't want her to see you like this, do you?" She still wasn't getting through to him, though.

The stairwell soon became very crowded. A large group of people had come up from the ground floor, Megan and Dr. Singh entered from the hall, and Stephanie Bridges, Dr. Hausmann and the others came down from the roof. Stephanie's heart fell when she saw Adam Donnelly sitting on the stairs. While she was happy to see him again, his current state had her very concerned. "Oh, Adam," she said, placing a comforting hand on his arm while holding the laptop in her free hand. Dr. Hausmann was right behind her, her broken left arm in a sling. "Don't give up. We're finally here, and we've got what we need to finish up. It'll only take another twenty minutes or so, but we need the power back on."

"Stephanie!" said Liz with a smile, rising and embracing her friend.

"It's so good to see you again, Liz," she said, hugging her. "You too, Dr. Singh. Where's the lab?"

"Through the door, first door on your left."

"You better get to it, then," said Dr. Bernard Smith. "I'll help Mr. Donnelly."

"Where's the generator?" asked Lucy Armstrong. "I can help fix it."

"All the way down in the basement," said Liz. "First door on the right when you get down there." She looked at the mob of people on the stairs. "Won't be easy to get past all of them, though."
OOC,Anyone going downstairs from here will have to make a DEX x 5 roll to get past the crowd coming up from the ground floor. If you succeed, you make it down to the ground floor this round. If you fail, you end up getting nowhere, thus losing this round. You can go up to the roof or into the hall on this floor without rolling anything.
In the special projects lab-
Dr. Helene Saunders's walkie-talkie squawked as Kate Wheeler spoke.

"What's going to happen?" asked Kelly Cameron. "Without the power, that fence won't hold up."

"Oh, God," moaned Heather Anderson. "We're, like, totally gonna die!"

"Please, remain calm, everyone," said Dr. Saunders. "They're fixing the generator right now, and Dr. Hausmann has arrived at last. Now that she's here, we have a chance."

"How is she supposed to help?" asked Julianne Landers. She peeked nervously out the window . "What are we going to do?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Rachel Cohen
Rachel saw the zombies beyond the fence; she felt relief that sight of the creatures had no effect upon her.
She decided not to fire her weapons because at this range the ammunition would be uselessly wasted.
To Erica Spears:
"I overheard that your helicopter is out of fuel, is there any chance of getting some more?"
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Keith Stewart
North Stairwell. To Miguel Garcia:
"I told Kaplan where to go, I ain't taking shit from nobody, ha! ha!"
Tangerine
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Tangerine »

Dr Singh

"Ah, Ms Bridges! A pleasure to see you again!"

Seeing Dr Hausmann, Dr Singh laughs happily, and goes to embrace her - "Dr Hausmann, we have been waiting for you anxiously! Do you- " seeing her arm in a sling, he stops his embrace but pats her on her good shoulder in an affectionate-comrade-way. "Ah, but I see you have been in the wars! Is the data O.K.? Are you hurt badly?"
Tangerine
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Tangerine »

Megan

Megan couldn't think of anything that Adam might be suffering from - she couldn't recall anything useful from her one hostage-sit psych lecture. Noticing the stairwell getting rather crowded with all the joyous reunions, followers and fix-it people, she decided to hang back a bit, looking to see if she could help anywhere - she couldn't give any lectures at the moment, nor did she have a weapon. Perhaps she could go back to chaperoning the children, let her Hero-mind take the backseat a bit.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

In the Northstairwell, ground floor:
Allen bent over and petted Murry and then he picked the dog up to keep him from being trampled. He started to climb the stairs.

In the Northstarwell, second floor:
Darnell emerged from the stairwell with LaTanya. He saw that most of the crowd was going to the special projects lab. He whispered to LaTanya, "Hey you want to sneak into the science lab and work on a "science project" that needs two people?"
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the roof-
"Not unless you've got some here or can bring it in from somewhere else," Erica told Rachel. "There are airports in Omaha, but they'll probably be swamped with the dead. The chopper has barely any fuel left in the tank. We'd be lucky to get it another mile."

In the football field, Kate Wheeler gunned down another zombie and waved her thanks to Erica, who gave her a thumbs up before lining up her next shot.

In the north stairwell, upper floor-
"I like the way you think, Darnell," said LaTanya. "Lead the way."

"Thank you, Dr. Singh," said Dr. Hausmann. "I will live, ja. The data is wunderbar. Stephanie is working on the, ah, code problem. She is almost done. We also have brought data on our biological research. She copied it onto this thumb drive during the flight." She took out a thumb drive from her pocket with her good hand and gave it to Dr. Singh. "Just put it in any computer and you can access it. Let us get to the lab, schnell."

Stephanie tore herself away from Adam and Liz. "Thank you, Dr. Singh," she said with a smile. "We'd better hurry. I don't know how much time we have."
OOC,[b]Adam[/b] is a technician, not a former cop. I'll be running [b]Dr. Hausmann[/b] as an NPC until Laraqua is ready to join back in and start posting for her.
Miguel snickered. "Come on, we better get upstairs," he said.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 4 - The Longest Day”