IC: CH2 - LONDON - Back at the Ritz

IC Threads from the current chapter that are not currently active.
Basically just to declutter the main forum.

Moderators: Laraqua, Raiko

Decrepit
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 9 months

Re: IC: CH2 - LONDON - Back at the Ritz

Post by Decrepit »

"A wristwatch, you say?" Caroline says to Johnny. "Our Mr. Gavigan was wearing such a watch when Beth and I went to visit him! And he otherwise fits the description of Gavigan to a T. I don't know whether that's enough to convince the police, but it's enough to convince me."
coffee demon
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by coffee demon »

Andrei glares at Johnny, snatches the note and reads aloud,

"By the time you read this letter you will be beginning to understand the extent of my power."

"Whoever wrote this note obviously has done something to us in the last few days, Johnny. He did something to show his 'power'. If it wasn't this woman, maybe it was the Chimera, or the Bat-Avatar whose plans I thwarted at the dock."

He looks around to see if anyone reacts to his news about the Bat-Avatar.

"You can recommend what you wish, Johnny, but please do not forget your position. If you were MY manservant, I would have called you out long ago for stepping out of line. As it stands..." he pauses for a minute, realizing too late that his ego and emotions are getting the better of him again. In a quieter voice, he continues,

"As it stands, you are not my servant, and Elizabeth can do as she pleases with you. But I ask you - please do NOT leave her from your sight." He gives Johnny a stern look. Before Johnny can speak up and make him look like more of an idiot, he continues,

"I am going to the Penhew Foundation, and I hope to God - or the gods - that Gavigan shows up. Only one of us will be stepping out of that building afterwards, and it won't be me!"

He storms out of the room with a vague feeling that he didn't quite phrase himself correctly.
OC,Somewhere in there I managed to give the note back to Johnny as well. Grafster, I'm sure you know I have nothing against Johnny, I love reading your posts.
imme
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by imme »

As she watches Andrei storm off, Elizabeth pinches the bridge of her nose and says quietly, "I'm sorry, Johnny." She turns to the Rukovs. "Would one of you be willing to go with him, to keep him out of too much trouble?"
Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Post by Raiko »

"I'll go with him. Come on Caroline, before Andrei gets into trouble."

Before he goes Timour says to Maksim, "Yalesha spoke to you, so you should probably be there to speak with her." He thrusts the blanket wrapped machinegun into Maks' arms, "Look after it for me brother!"

With that he dashes out of the room after Andrei, "Hey Andrei! Wait up!"
Decrepit
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 9 months

Post by Decrepit »

Caroline throws up her hands in despair, grabs her bag, and heads out after Andrei and Timour.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Laraqua »

Maksim stares down at the gun in dismay, feeling like his chances of survival have dropped about 50% without his twin close at hand. Sadly enough, he feels more mortal now than he did while facing the Germans. He looks over at Nethaniel. "Can you use a gun?"
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Grafster
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Grafster »

Johnny nods and replies quietly. The situation is setting everyone on edge.
OOC,coffee, obviously no offense taken. I enjoy Andrei as a character immensely as well. Also, IMHO, you deftly use Andrei's behavior to highlight his own character (and insecurities). The game would be much duller without him. I could go on but I think it's clear that 1) I specifically picked Johnnys role (so it doesn't bother me personally) and 2) it wouldn't make sense for him to accorded the same treatment as a non-ethnic minority (non-lower class person, non-physically disabled person, etc).
Johnny's rolls & Character Sheet
English: Purple | Chinese (Cantonese):Green
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 3 months

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Nethaniel's reaction to the letter is one of horrified disbelief. They'd been warned by a powerful Acolyte serving whatever hellish demi god awaits them in the night. He can't for the life of him understand any of these people or what business they hope to accomplish diving deeper into this Pharoah cult's structure and movements. He and this Andrei fellow should have a long talk when they return from the Penhew foundation. Still he keeps his thoughts to himself, frightened of all the hardware and hard-men running frantically about the hotel room with dark purpose in mind.

Yes his power has been displayed quite effectively then hasn't it? With spectral creatures and now this Bat-Avatar? Are you all mad? We should all be learning how to properly defend ourselves. Understanding the nature of these creatures. All your guns may as well be sticks and bloody stones to this "power". Rot and bloody ashes...

Nethaniel is noticably shaken when Andrei takes one of the Russian's with him but answers Maksim all the same, shaking his head.

A gun? Heavens No! It's illegal to carry arms in England... Not even the bloody bobbies... Oh bollocks.. Give it here mate!

Nethaniel waits for Maksim to hand him a revolver of some decsription. His hand shakes somewhat as he does so
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Catching up with Andrei at the lift Timour says, "Slow down Andrei! You cannot just barge in there gun blazing; even I Timour Rukov think for at least one second before I start shooting."

"First we must check that Gavigan is there. Then we need a plan. Then maybe we start shooting."

The elevator arrives.

"This Gavigan, he must be a crazy man to do this. We must make sure that we strike at him, not at some caretaker."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Maksim pauses, then rushes out into the lobby to pass the machinegun back to Timour. "You'll need it more than me and I can't shoot the beggar as good anyway," he says in Russian.

Then he returns to the hotel room and shrugs at Netheniel. "Only one gun between us but I'd like you to know how to shoot it in case we can get another one." The man reminds him of a green recruit from WWI. Many of them didn't really know how to shoot, either. With most of the others cleared from the room, he actually seems a bit calmer and gentler. The dead maid is just background noise now. So long as he didn't think of the 'How she died', he can cope with the mess and the gore. Bullets left people torn and grotesque as well. Let alone explosives. He passes him the handgun and shows him how to take the safety off and the basics of using it. He lets him know that the trigger will be harder to pull than he might expect. It's a very quick tutorial. In truth, he doubts the man's shots will be worth a damn but if they get captured at least he might be able to take himself out.

"Hope we won't need the machinegun," says Maksim. "We don't want to be put in jail. We'll talk to this woman, hear what she knows, then we'll go find a way to learn more about these things. Do you have any books? I don't want to shoot at it if turns out a crucifix or rock salt might kill it quicker."

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 3 months

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Nerthaniel listens to Maksim describe how to use the pistol with atttention of a true scholar. He does not miss a word.

He smiles at his mention of a crucifix for protection bit answers the Russian quickly and politely.

All me books are at me flat but its compromised for sure mate. We could risk it late at night right? Maybe swing by after the Soho.. Take a looky lu about see?
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

The Lobby - The Ritz Hotel

Timour cradles his Browning as he watches Maks heading back out of the lobby, a slightly bemused look on his face. Then he turns and accompanies Andrei and Caroline out of the Hotel, hoping that nobody notices what's hidden under the blankets.

When he catches up with the others he grins, "I thought Maksim would just stash this in the Bentley, but he is right as usual. If Gavigan knows where they've taken Gwen we will need the fire-power. Or if your plan goes wrong Andrei."

To Caroline he asks, "Do you remember which subway trains you took to reach the Penhew Foundation?"

Andrei, Caroline and Timour's Story Continues in the New Topic - IC: The Penhew Foundation
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Hmm, worth a drive by at any rate," says Maksim, attempting a British accent with a bit of a smile. "Come on, we'll go meet that broad." He nods to the others. "Good luck." Then turns and leads Nethaniel out onto the street, describing a few other tricks of the trade involving guns.

imme
Disciple
Disciple

Post by imme »

After everyone has left, Elizabeth turns to Johnny. "I suppose we can call the police now, although," she deliberately does not look around the suite, "I would rather not wait here for them. Perhaps we could return to the lobby, if the journalists have left?

"We might also need a reason why it took so long between when we arrived here and when we called for assistance; maybe I fainted?"
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

The Lobby - The Ritz Hotel

Downstairs Elizabeth and Johnny find that all of the reporters have now been evicted. There are phones available at the reception and the concierge is also available, indeed it is likely that he will approach to apologise again if he spots you, whether you wish him to or not.

Outside the Hotel - The Ritz Hotel

A hotel porter drives the Bentley back around to the front of the hotel, he steps out and holds open the driver's door for Maksim, "Your car sir."

Maksim and Nethaniel's Story Continues in the New Topic - IC: Return to Soho
Grafster
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Grafster »

Indeed. And I was too infirm, the detective gently taps his cane against his bad leg to carry you. And obviously too concerned to leave you.

He takes Miss D's arm and begins to head toward the door.
Last edited by Grafster on Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
imme
Disciple
Disciple

Post by imme »

Now that she is going to have to talk about what happened upstairs, Elizabeth hesitates to actually make the phone call. She eyes the concierge. Well, the hotel will be involved anyway. Approaching the man, she finds that for once words have abandoned her, "Excuse me. I ... we ... upstairs ..."
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

"Oh, is there a problem with your room Miss Downing?"
Grafster
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Grafster »

Johnny's hand clamps down on the mans arm forearm. He leans forward, his voice is mild and distant. Call Scotland Yard, Inspector Barrington if he is available, but anyone else if he is not. Then go stand up in front of the door and wait for the police. Do it yourself.

He releases the man's arm. If he notes how pale the concierge is it doesn't register on his face. He hands the man the key to the room. You will want the manager. Of the whole hotel. Someone will need to call the women's family. When the police come they will find us at the bar.

He turns to guide Miss D toward the bar, then he stops and turns around. If you can help yourself.... don't go in. You seem like a nice fellow. Leave it to the police.

As they head toward the bar, he leans in and speaks quietly to Miss D. I would be happier if we remained in public until the police arrive. I hope you don't mind.
imme
Disciple
Disciple

Post by imme »

"Yes, Johnny, of course." Elizabeth orders a scotch. She sits in silence, trying not to think about anything at all.

Return to “Locked IC Threads (Ch2)”