Vikings Chapter 1 : Steel and Ice (Alrik)

Moderator: DSIGFUSS

DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Vikings Chapter 1 : Steel and Ice (Alrik)

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Melkorka's private chambers is horrifying to behold. Alrik had seen it before and was always thankful his magic was free from the freakshow Melkorka surrounded herslef with. A large cauldren bubbled in the center of the room and was surrounded on all sides by runes and dead rodents. A human head perched on a bird stand sat locked in a large golden bird cage. Ancient looking scrolls littered the floor. Streaks of dried bood were painted on the walls in seemingly random places. Alrik knew they were not random and that the blood was human. A necklace of human fingers hung on an ornately carved marble stand. Jars holding eyes and teeth sat on shelves amongst other types of devilry. Melkorka's bed was straw and looked most uncomfortable. If Melkorka was planning on making good her threat to Alrik, this place would only serve to add to the horror.

Melkorka hisses at Alrik.

We must prepare ourselves. The prophecy spelt doom for this vessel. We must ensure that we make it to the island. Gunharr's people are not important. The two of us shall make it to Helluland. The others will sink to the Abyss. Except for... Osvald. He reeks of destiny and death. Interesting don't you think bard?
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Re: Vikings Chapter 1 : Steel and Ice (Alrik)

Post by Piano man »

Alrik walks around the witches room a little while she talks. Although he has been here before it still facinates him what she surrounds herself with. He pokes the head with his finger, devoid of the fear that a severed head would usually cause. I remember him. He called you a vile whore. I was wondering where he went. He runs his fingers across the finger necklace. Nice. Alrik finally turns to face the witch. I believe your right about Osvald, he does reek of something. There are others on the ship as well that will play a part. They will reveal themselves soon enough. What must we do to prepare.
Only when we are no longer afraid do we begin to live
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

I'll need you to sing dear boy!

Melkorka opens up one of her scrolls and puts it down on the table.

If this ship goes down. We won't be on it. Gunharr and his boys will sink to the bottom of the sea! Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!

The witch coughs and hacks up something black and foul. She spits it out onto the floor and then begins to clean her teeth with her long crooked fingernails.

So tell me something Alrik! Do you care for these men? How do you feel knowing they are all so close to death?
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Piano man »

Alrick continues his way around the witches room and winces in disgust as she spits and cleans her teeth. He considers her words for a moment before responding.

"I am quite close with some and not at all with others. Either way if they die, they die doing their duties. For that I am Jelous. As I said before it would be an honor to dine with Odin. Anyways my feelings are inconciquential. What will happen is the will of the gods, and I will not stand in the way. As I said before though I have gotten a sense that there is a few on this ship that must survive with us. I'll leave it up to you to figure out who they are. They may be destined to live only to die later, so that we may further our goals."
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Melgorka cackles wildly.

Yessss! Yessssss! You would make an excellent consort Alrik. Together we could rule Helluland in place of a king. With your charm and devilishly handsome features and my knowledge of the runes we could rule Helluland and all its treasures. Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!

The witch clenches both her fists and shakes them in the air as she laughs maniacally. She then suddenly stops and rolls some bones and teeth onto the table from one of her many pouches.

ooc - Viking mythos check (all rolls from now on must be labelled Alrik under name)

Melgorka then whispers to the head in the cage and smiles at Alrik. Alrik is unclear where the stench in the room is coming form, but when the head in the cage is stired, a terrible odor fills Alrik's lungs.
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Piano man »

Alrik watches the witch with curiousity, but doesn't quite understand what he sees.

Tell me what you see witch so that I can get out of here. The stench of that head is enough to make me sick.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Sing for me Bard! Fill me with your magics so I can rest assured the nights scrying will not take its toll on my withered body. Sing to me bard and so I can advise us how to overcome the tragic events to come.

ooc - Sing to activate the runes she has inscribed on some blue stones.

Sing for me the song of heat!

ooc sanity check if you do it. 1/1d6
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Piano man »

Alrik still does not feel recouperated from the last song, but sees no other way around it. He sings a song that would mezomorize and audience with it's sheer beauty, but alas all he has is the witch. Alrik is sure that she has no apreciation for the art of his music, but only it's power.

occ santiy passed
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Alrik's song ends and he feels the hand of the gods crushing his soul. The witch cackles some more and then stares at the bones on the table. Alrik can see a slight glow to them now as his own magics take effect.

Melkorka looks confused as she reads the runes appearing in the hollow spacs between the bones. Alrik can see them now, clear as day.

The fates tell us disturbing news bard. They speak of our doom and our salvation as though they are one. Our survival lies in saving those not worth saving. We must rely on evil men to get us through this prophecy. The bars are clear in my mind. Are there any men in the hold Alrik?
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Piano man »

Alrick ponders to himself quietly before responding.

I believe there is one or two in the hold, but I think you will find enough evil men in the Galleys rowing. We could go have a look though and see if there are any that suite your needs. Just say the word and I will have the men do whatever you want. They seem to trust me. The fools think that if you tell some stories, look good, and sing some songs that you are some how a person they can trust. Little do they know that they only do what I want and I only have their best interests in mind when it suits my needs.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Melkorka smiles and puts her old withered hands on Alrik's shoulders. Her long twisted nails, tipped with sharpened steel thimbles, run themselves along the edge of Alrik's collarbone. She whispers to the bard in that same disturbing and hauntingly sensual tone.

Yessssssss.! Our needsssss!

Melkorka straightens quickly and recoils from Alrik, obviously disgusted by the witches slightest touch.

To the hold then bard. Let us see who shall save us all from this watery grave prophesized in blood and bone. ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! hah!
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Piano man »

Alrik nods for the witch to lead and falls in step behind her. How I long for the day that I no longer need you you wretched ghoul.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Melkorka grabs some oils and powders from her shelves. She puts them all in a pouch and holds them under her caged rotting human head.

This will just take a few necessary moments.

The witch pulls out a small scrimsax and violently thrusts it into the severed head's ear. A nasty bloody goo drips out of the ear and into the bag of powders and scented oils. A foul smelluing stench fills the room and Alrik throws up just a little in his mouth. To Alrik's disgust, Melkorka licks some of the goo that had missed the bag and dripped onto her hand. She smiles at Alrik and then throws her scrimsax into the wall. Melkorka runs from the room cackling.

She patters across the deck of the Ice Breaker with a speed unfitting her old age and decrepit appearance. Alrik spots Osvald and Capatin Gunharr in a dark corner sharing a pipe and speaking softly but intesely to each other. Alrik things he hears Captain Gunharr whisper something about Loki, but Melkorka hisses...

Hurry Bard. The prisoners.....

They reach the hold at the bow of the ship and walk down the stairs. Melkorka pulls the ring knocker three times and then moves back and out of the way so Alrik can do the talking.

A sliding wood panel opens in the door and the jailer, a man Alrik knows personally answers. Alrik knew him well as Torvog. Alrik would visit Torvog from time to time as his jails were often empty. Torvog had the best spirits on the Ice Breaker. Ten times better than the nasty swill so and so served to the oarsmen. Torvog treasured his friendship with Alrik greatly. Alrik repayed Torvog's kindness with entertainment. His own private show. Alrik would practice his new epics on Torvog who was not so much a critic as a loyal fan.

Alrik? Come for a snort of me own personal stash have you lad. Gods bless yah.. Did you bring your wee flute boy? These tired old ears could sure use some rest. Dagnar got drunk and took a knife to so and so. He hasn't shut up for three stinkin' days.
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Piano man »

Alirk chuckle in spite of himself.

I'm sorry old friend this isn't a social visit. We need to examine the occupants of the hold. Please let us in. Later though I will return once my work is done. I believe I still have a bottle or four still stashed away.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Ha! Well good for you then lad! You'll have to come and share a snort of that with your old pal when me own stashes get short. Come in come in!

Torvog opens the door and slaps Alrik on the shoulder like a brother as he walks past him and into the hold. He stops short of falling down when Melkorka trails in behind him like some hungry reptile.

Ack! The witch! You never said nothing bout Melkorka Alrik. What business have you in my jails anyways?

Alrik looks around as Melkorka answers him with a hiss and flash of rotting teeth.

Silence curr. Hssssssssssssss! We've business with your prisoners.

The hold is small. Two cells with iron bars takes up the majority of the room. Torvog has a simple hammock and a round table Alrik was all too familiar with. When the cells were empty, Alrik would often sit at that very table and drink to hearts content with Torvog. Now the first cell was occupied. An oafish looking drunk of a Viking warrior lied passed out, a pool of vommit collecting on the floor beneath him. Alrik didn't know his name, but recognized his face by the orange beard and the stench coming from his cell. He was the ship drunk. Captain Gunharr kept him around for his axe work but his thirst for ale kept him in trouble wherever he could find it.

When the witch hisses, the drunk stirs...

What do you mean... hic! too much.. I'll drink.... hic! what I want momma!
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Piano man »

Alrik gives the man a steely look.

Silence you filthy drunk, or the witch will have your tongue for breakfast. He turns to Melkorka. So witch what do you think. Does he fit your needs. Filthy witch probably will have his tongue for breakfast. I shouldn't give her any ideas.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Melkorka approaches the cell and drags her long nails along the bars. She smiles at the sleeping drunken viking and then bends over with a groan. Her back cracks like a handful of straw as she picks up Torvog's piss pot. She looks at Alrik for an approval she knows she will never find and splashes the foul liquid in the man's face

Wake up! You laggard drunken fool of a man! Are you the one that lives? Do you have the answers I seek Viking?

The drunk opens his eyes and winces as the hot urine spills into his eyes.

Ock! Bitch! What are you playing at yah old Hag!

Torvog wraps his mug on the bars and turns his head from the stench of the horrid combination of piss and stale ale.

Bergar! Do as your told lad. Get your wits about yah. The witch has business with yah!

Bergar looks at Alrik as he gets to his feet. He tries to spit on Alrik's boots but almost keels over in the attempt.

Leave me to my aching head! What in the gods do yah want.

Melkorka steps back and grins at Alrik.

Your prisoner Bard....
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Piano man »

Torvog stand up. We need to ask you a few questions, and you had better answer them or the witch here is going to have a new bed mate. Trust me you don't want that. The last one's head is hanging in a cage in her room. Drunken brawls are one thing, but that goat is for milk not your sexual pleasure. I should castrate you just for attempting it. Now tell me what you remember. Alrik stands back with his arms folded, and waits for a response.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Bergar, now frightened but still completely wasted, gets to his feet and wipes as much piss from his eyes as he's able. He turns to the side and wretches, adding one more stink to the noxious soup in the room.

Ha! A goat!

Bergar snorts and then quickly composes himself.

Remember? Last thing I remember was puching that no good, shit bag of pig whore Gilliog in the throat. He went down like a sack of taters. Hah! Then they dragged me in here. Torvog's been nice enough to help keep the thirst away.

Torvog looks at Alrik and shrugs his shoulders.

Sorry!
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Piano man »

occ. accidentally called him the wrong name in my last post.

ic Alrik stares down his friend Torvog, and shakes his head. From now on he's dry. No more alcohol until we reach dry land. I don't care if he has to sit here the entire time. Alrik turns to the witch. Unless of course you have something else in mind. You vile she demon.

Return to “Chapter 1 : Blood and Snow : Steel and Ice.”