Fifth Floor, Administration Office

Moderator: Laraqua

TheKingInYellow
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Re: Fifth Floor, Administration Office

Post by TheKingInYellow »

He sets down the briefcase, holding the flashlight and the spike the same hand while he takes the call.

"Hello?"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

"Hey, Aidan? It's me again," says the familiar cop's voice. "You'll never believe what I've wrangled for you. A chopper... Bona fide. Grab what food and water you can and go out onto the balcony. Maybe bring a gurney or something. They should be able to air lift you to safety ... well, air lift you here anyway."
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
TheKingInYellow
Keeper
Keeper

"A... A helicopter?" He voice is practically giddy. A way out, thank God!

"Listen, how much time do I have? I have my charge down in the Children's Ward and I need to get him first. Can you give me fifteen, maybe twenty minutes?"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"I don't..."

There's a gunshot and the sound of breaking glass coming from downstairs. Then an explosion, followed by a long and groaning noise of something deep within the hospital coming loose - the very floor and walls vibrate. As soon as it started, it was over.

"What the hell was that?"

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
TheKingInYellow
Keeper
Keeper

"I... I don't know. Listen... I'll call you back. I need to get to the Children's Ward."

Without waiting for a response he hangs up, picking up his briefcase again and readying the spike he quickly starts down towards the second floor.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

He heads down to the Second Floor and rushes off the stairs. He can see a very small group of kids huddling near the reception desk. They peer at you in fear and dart behind the desk. He can also see a girl of about 8, clutching a book and standing near the Children's Ward doors with a 16-year-old girl standing by her.

OOC: One round at a time please ... something may happen. :lol: Something good ... or something bad ... only time will tell.

TheKingInYellow
Keeper
Keeper

Jawohl. Though, in my experience, something is never good :P

"Children!" He exclaims, lowering the spike. "Thank God. Are you alright?"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Who are you?" the girl demands. She then yells "Leave us alone!" and ducks back behind the nurse's station, clutching the book tightly. Alisha just looks at at the smaller girl's flight nervously but doesn't move.

"Alright?" asks a lad's voice loudly. "The cold. Numbing. Defenseless. Bodies. The monster in the bathroom. Wires. Hunger. Flesh. Cold metal. Enveloping. Young flesh. Lambs. Slaughter. Noise. A shriek. Tearing. Ripping. Wetness. Crimson. Succulent blood. Squirts. Flows. Splatters. Nurtures. Feeds. Gives life ... Trap! Bodies. Invaded. Used." he suddenly yells out. "Pain! Muderder! Death! Carnage! Slaughter!"

"But you can't spell SLAUGHTER without LAUGHTER!" he says with a crackling voice and goes into a long, maniacal and hysterical laugh as he grabs the doorframe for support, slumping against it. A young lad with a bloodied hand comes into view - he's probably only about fifteen.

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

An unfamiliar woman, laboring heavily, with a badly injured and poorly bandaged leg, pulls herself up off the ground from the Children's Ward and hobbles over to stand between the children and you, only a quick glance toward the lad showing her concern, a gun held in her hand. She raises the gun at Aidan as she moves. "As she said, who are you?"

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

OOC: Enter Imme, SuAside & Trixie's thread.

TheKingInYellow
Keeper
Keeper

Aidan makes his way up the stairs, hoping that there is roof access from the stairwell.

God help me... But there are still people to save... Myself included.

[OOC: I'm also passing on any sanity rewards for right now; being in a group doesn't make Aidan feel any better in light of what happened to Sean.]
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The stairwell continues up passed the sixth floor to a locked door marked Roof Access. A low moaning can be heard coming from the fifth floor.

TheKingInYellow
Keeper
Keeper

Aidan pauses at the fifth floor, hearing the moaning... There was that nurse he left behind. ... But there isn't time, rescuing the children is priority number one. He continues on to the sixth floor.

"Damnation... Locked." He looks to see if there's visible locking mechanism and wonders how difficult it would be to break through it, though he's pretty sure it's not within the capacity of a man of his constitution.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The door seems pretty solid. An axe would probably be the best way to get through it. It has an electronic lock - a key pad.

TheKingInYellow
Keeper
Keeper

An axe! And luckily Aidan knows just where to get one. Although, one of the emloyees downstairs might know have a keycard, they could just as well not and that would be time wasted.

Aidan makes his way back down the stairs to the fifth floor. Spike at ready, he goes back inside.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

A lattice of wooden objects has been built just past the administration office, though it only extends a few feet so far. Movement can be heard in the distant recesses of the floor but Aidan's torch catches no sign of anyone.

TheKingInYellow
Keeper
Keeper

Aidan doesn't know what to make of the construction, but he sure as hell doesn't like it. He pauses briefly, unsure if he should announce himself or not. Eventually he decides it may be for the best.

"Hello?" He calls out, moving towards the lattice, looking for a way through it into the accounting office, nervously looking over his shoulder to make sure nobody's behind him.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

He hears a vague chittering sound coming from one of the rooms at the other end of the floor. He can also hear a giggle coming from the open door of the Administration Office. A gloved hand grips the door frame. At least, it appears to be a glove, no hand could be that white.

TheKingInYellow
Keeper
Keeper

"Hello?" He calls out again. "There's a help coming! A helicopter should be on it's way."

He leaves his briefcase where the lattice work begins, not wanting to try and crawl through with it. Not waiting for a response, he tries to crawl through it if he can find a large enough hole, keeping the spike ready. He starts a cold sweat, feeling absolutely exposed and completely unsafe.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The head appears around the door frame, wearing Dullard's bowler hat, her long blonde locks stained with thick blood. She tilts her head from side to side in quick jerks, much as a bird would.

Return to “Chapter One”