Hospital Car Park

Moderator: Laraqua

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Re: Hospital Car Park

Post by Laraqua »

Roger managesto hold the doors shut as Sarah uses the tape. His muscles tremble with the effort.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Sarah works quickly, first using the tape to make the doors stay shut without Roger needing to hold them in order to give him a chance to rest. When that's done, she makes sure all the gaps are sealed entirely and finally makes sure the windows are completely covered with tape as well.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The doors seem well-covered now, though the weight of the partially unhinged door tugs at the tape menacingly.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Sarah tries to make the tape holding the doors shut as secure as she can. Once she finishes all the taping she can do, she looks around for something sturdy like a metal bar that she can wedge through the handles to keep the doors shut as she continues to hold onto them for dear life. Her muscles ache and her heartbeat pounds in her ears, but she knows must keep herself from becoming unhinged just as much as she must keep the doors from doing the same. These people are counting on her, and she cannot let them down.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

There is nothing as sturdy as a metal bar that could fit between the door handles. She must either hold them still or hope the tape can do the same.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Sarah keeps helping Roger hold the doors shut. She can't afford to take the chance that the tape won't hold by itself. If whatever got Karlene comes back, she thinks, I know I could be next - but if these doors don't stay sealed we're all done for.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Time creeps past. The little boy nuzzles next to the seemingly paralysed paramedic. Sarah's muscles tremble, her noses twitch with the early irritation of an oncoming sneeze. Roger feels a wave of nauseas rising and falling. It's hard for him to stay conscious and the effort makes the world tilt crazily on its side, slowly twisting around like he was a drunk on a merry-go-around.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Oh, not now! thinks Sarah. She holds the doors shut with one hand, motioning for Roger to keep helping her with the other before using it to cover her nose and hold it shut. She had heard once that you could prevent a sneeze by pressing your tongue against the roof of your mouth and closing your eyes. She doesn't know if it really works or not, but she figures she might as well try. She cannot afford to sneeze, or the noise could give away their position - though the sounds of her heartbeat and breathing seem plenty loud to her. She remains perfectly silent and listens intently for any sound, ready to grab the doors with her other hand if needed.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Zombiedla
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Post by Zombiedla »

Roger just tries to stay conscious unaware of the actions of the others. He holds the doors shut while staring at the floor.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The threat of the sneeze remains. There's the sound of something moving beneath the ambulance. The floor jolts as something is torn out from beneath. Roger gripsthe doors tightly as they start to open and forces them closed. The lights inside the ambulance flickers and goes out.

Geoff switches on a torch. The child's humming grows a little louder, filling the ambulance with its distorted sound. Geoff nudges the child to be quiet and the little boy curls up into a tight, little ball.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Sarah shivers again. She holds onto the doors with one hand while keeping her nostrils pinched shut with the other and her tongue pressed to the roof of her mouth, ready to grab the doors with both hands if they seem like they're about to give. She does open her eyes, however, and looks around at the floor of the ambulance for the source of the sound and any gaps or openings. She desperately wills herself not to sneeze.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Time ticks onward.

Zombiedla
Adept
Adept

Post by Zombiedla »

Roger listen for any noise outside and try to peek outside through any cracks or windows.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Roger hears nothing through the walls of the ambulance. It seems unusually quiet. The gravity of the situation seems to strike both Rogerand Sarah in the silence. It seems all they can do is ponder and think on the situation. Sarah realises that all she has seen is intensely terrible and despite holding up well considering the circumstances, feels the terror claw at her heart. Despite Roger experiencing less, the fright of what he has seen and what he knows terrifies him.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Sarah continues silently holding onto the doors and watching the floor in case whatever she heard underneath the ambulance tries to break through it. Tears well up in her eyes, spilling down her cheeks and mingling with the flecks of ash that had landed there. How many people have died? she thinks. I did what I could, but it wasn't enough. If only I could have done more... She looks at Geoff and the orphan boy whose name she doesn't even know and forces herself to smile. We're going to get through this. We just have to ride out the storm. But deep down Sarah knows that even if they survive, nothing will ever be the same again.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"What do we do?" Geoff whispers.

Zombiedla
Adept
Adept

Post by Zombiedla »

The real world seems distant as Roger sink into himself in silence.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Sarah shrugs again. "We wait," she whispers back to Geoff. She looks at her arms, dusted with flecks of ash. I've got to get that off of me, she thinks. "Can you take my place?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Geoff nods and slowly, carefully, moves up to sit beside her and take hold of the doors.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/3/30/ ... Heaven.mp3

The ambulance radio in the cab bursts into life with a hiss and crackle of static, or at least, so Sarah and Roger thought. Neither knew much about ambulance design. For all they knew, there was a special car phone that was used. "... Tahehone ... be locked in? Are you ... please ... me out?"

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Sarah turns with alarm when she hears the radio go on. Gotta turn that off fast! she thinks. But how? She looks to see if there's a way to access the cab without leaving the ambulance. She glances back to Geoff. "Any way to get up front and turn that off without going outside?" she whispers.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter One”