TRIXIE'S BAR AND GRILL

The Vikings have just begun settling the new world and have set their sights on Helluland. “The Land of Flat Stone” Can the ancient Eskimo inhabitants stop the Viking invasion or will the Vikings fulfill their prophecy and cover the flat rocks of Helluland in blood and steel.

Choose your side. Protect your people and intermingle with ancient Inuit creatures as Baffin Island is torn asunder by Viking steel and myth.

Choose your side. Join the invading Viking army and clear the way for Iceland’s settlers as Helluland’s native Inuit people and their gods are put to the sword and the axe.

[This game accepts new players]

Moderator: DSIGFUSS

Andrew
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Re: THE VIKING / ESKIMO MIXER : BYOB

Post by Andrew »

I don't know who any of the characters are in the game either. Before the game started I never heard of any of them besides Nick Fury. I play Wonderman aka Simon, I know nothing about him except what Tom posted for me on the site but it's fun as hell. Don't worry to much about not knowing the characters, it'll come with time.
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years

Post by Piano man »

So I'm guessing from reading this thread that this is where you sign up to play a super hero viking. Or is it the Eskimos with super powers.
Only when we are no longer afraid do we begin to live
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by DSIGFUSS »

If it were just like 50 years later you could have an Eskimo Rocket Launcher. They were way ahead of their time. Don't let the primitive weapons scare you into thinking you are going to get your asses handed to you by the Vikings. Well..... actually.... you might.
In the case of the Marvel Super Heroes, you wouldn't be alone. We're all learning the game system, including yours truly. In fact, I think I'm pretty much the only one mucking through all the rulebooks to keep things upright, explaining the game mechanics as we go. The good news is the only dice you have to roll are a d10 for initiative, and a d100 for everything else.

Crazy.... are you playing the old school marvel Superheroes game. The one where you get karma points and characters have unearthly, Monstrous and Poor stats. If yes that's aweome. If No then what game system are you playing. I'd play speedball if I was playing a Marvel hero. Speedball or Beta Ray Bill.
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Piano man »

What the eskimo's lack in fire power they make up for in numbers. Use the Npc's like pawns and send them in first. Not that I think it will help.
trixie
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by trixie »

DSIGFUSS wrote: If it were just like 50 years later you could have an Eskimo Rocket Launcher. They were way ahead of their time. Don't let the primitive weapons scare you into thinking you are going to get your asses handed to you by the Vikings. Well..... actually.... you might.

A rocket launcher?? Damn! No we're not going to get our asses handed to us....no way. ha ha ha

ESKIMOS EAT VIKINGS FOR BREAKFAST.....MWAH HA HA HA
Trixie [trik-see] (n) : Name derived from an original character played on Yog
Def: One who loves chit chat threads and dramatic roleplaying moments
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

That would be sweet!

Two Eskimo hunters standing on the shore as the waters lap their feet, huddling into their fur coats as the cold, cold wind bites into their exposed flesh, their hands inside their coats, only a small portion of their faces are visible. In the distance, viking longboats are approaching rapidly as the storm behind them builds in strength. The sound of their drums can just be heard over the roar of the wind.

As the ships begin to draw closer to the shore, the two Eskimos turn to each other and silently nod to one another, then in a flurry of motion their long coats are tossed aside and long metal tubes are brought up upon their shoulders! "Eat this you viking shit bags!" They say as they each fire their rocket launchers at the longboats.
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Piano man »

Very imaginative. I can't imagine and eskimo calling some vikings shitbags, but I guess if you have a rocket launcher anything is possible. I think we should turn the boats around and leave. It's obviously a one sided battle. :lol:
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 10 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

DSIGFUSS wrote: Crazy.... are you playing the old school marvel Superheroes game. The one where you get karma points and characters have unearthly, Monstrous and Poor stats. If yes that's aweome.

Yep, old school. I found just about all the books for that game system online for download. You can't beat free.
Andrew wrote: then in a flurry of motion their long coats are tossed aside and long metal tubes are brought up upon their shoulders! "Eat this you viking shit bags!" They say as they each fire their rocket launchers at the longboats.

I like the way you think!
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

DSIGFUSS wrote: Crazy.... are you playing the old school marvel Superheroes game. The one where you get karma points and characters have unearthly, Monstrous and Poor stats. If yes that's aweome. If No then what game system are you playing. I'd play speedball if I was playing a Marvel hero. Speedball or Beta Ray Bill.

Yeah it's the old school game. Think it was TSR who put it out... wasn't it?
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

Andrew wrote: then in a flurry of motion their long coats are tossed aside and long metal tubes are brought up upon their shoulders! "Eat this you viking shit bags!" They say as they each fire their rocket launchers at the longboats.

ImpInTraining wrote: I like the way you think!

But I already knew that sir!
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Piano man »

Andrew wrote: Yeah it's the old school game. Think it was TSR who put it out... wasn't it?

I believe it was. Dsigfuss and I wasted.....I mean spent many hours playing that one. Although our games were probably more like an episode of the Tick than X-men
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

I love your picture Andrew. It's a really fascinating face you've got as an avatar. Is it from a movie? I surely hope so because it has me wondering what the movie is about.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

Piano man wrote:
Andrew wrote: Yeah it's the old school game. Think it was TSR who put it out... wasn't it?

I believe it was. Dsigfuss and I wasted.....I mean spent many hours playing that one. Although our games were probably more like an episode of the Tick than X-men

But the tick was the bomb! I used to love that comic and I even liked the cartoon... yes I said it. I liked the cartoon. :D
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Piano man »

I have to agree with you. I loved the Tick. Our characters would have fit right in. Dsigfus's guy had a giant light bulb for a head, and my guy had Magic butter knives. He was Lightbulb and I was Butterman. We had evil clones halogen and my guy was I can't believe it's not Butterman. Like I said prime Tick material.
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

Laraqua wrote: I love your picture Andrew. It's a really fascinating face you've got as an avatar. Is it from a movie? I surely hope so because it has me wondering what the movie is about.

Thank you and yes it is from a movie called, "Photographing Fairies" The picture is of the main character Charles Castle. Ironically it's my character portrait for a character I play on Dark and Moody in a horror game called From the Trenches, it's a WWI time era game and the movie "Photographing Fairies" takes place in the same era.
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

Piano man wrote: I have to agree with you. I loved the Tick. Our characters would have fit right in. Dsigfus's guy had a giant light bulb for a head, and my guy had Magic butter knives. He was Lightbulb and I was Butterman. We had evil clones halogen and my guy was I can't believe it's not Butterman. Like I said prime Tick material.

Awesome! Sounds like a game I would have loved to have played in! Reminds me of the movie Mystery Men.
trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

piano man wrote: Although our games were probably more like an episode of the Tick than X-men

The Tick!!! Oh damn that was a good cartoon! I loved it back in the day. I haven't seen it aired for years though.
piano man wrote: Dsigfus's guy had a giant light bulb for a head, and my guy had Magic butter knives. He was Lightbulb and I was Butterman. We had evil clones halogen and my guy was I can't believe it's not Butterman."

OMG....finally the truth about that story!!! :lol: Seriously I've heard the tales told over the years....but now I know a little more history....the evil clone thing was always funny to hear about, but it didn't click till just now.

Butterman turns on his heel, only to be faced with his evil arch enemy, I Can't Believe it's Not Butterman! "Die you sucker!" Butterman yells....then begins to notice he's liquifying, standing too close to Lightbulb again. "Damn my good molecules! I'm melting.....I'm meeeeelting......aaaaaaaaggggghhh!!!!"

('I can't believe it's not butter' is a brand name for margarine up here, for those of you that are lost) Not that I really expect to make any sense...ha ha ha
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

trixie wrote:
piano man wrote: Although our games were probably more like an episode of the Tick than X-men

The Tick!!! Oh damn that was a good cartoon! I loved it back in the day. I haven't seen it aired for years though.

The Tick

Just click the link, choose your episode (hope it's not a deadlink) and watch away!
trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

Shweeeeeeeeet!!!! Thank ya kind sir! :lol:
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple