TRIXIE'S BAR AND GRILL

The Vikings have just begun settling the new world and have set their sights on Helluland. “The Land of Flat Stone” Can the ancient Eskimo inhabitants stop the Viking invasion or will the Vikings fulfill their prophecy and cover the flat rocks of Helluland in blood and steel.

Choose your side. Protect your people and intermingle with ancient Inuit creatures as Baffin Island is torn asunder by Viking steel and myth.

Choose your side. Join the invading Viking army and clear the way for Iceland’s settlers as Helluland’s native Inuit people and their gods are put to the sword and the axe.

[This game accepts new players]

Moderator: DSIGFUSS

DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: THE VIKING / ESKIMO MIXER : BYOB

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Hey Henrik... glad you could join us. I was going to drop that bomb in the equipment thread when I gave a choice of four or five helmets the vikings could choose from and none of them had horns. Vikings also didn't use hammers like Thor.

Some may have but most didn't. Same with the horns. There were probably a couple that like to fix human skulls or antlers on their helmets, but the Vikings certainly never manufactured them.

So you thinking about playing?
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

What powers did the shamans have?
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
trixie
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by trixie »

laraqua wrote: I'm willing to play an Eskimo Shaman but I know little about the culture. Could you post up a bit on their social mannerisms? For example, what is culturally polite - to be quiet, boisterous, use plenty of honorifics, be really familiar?

I think D had planned only one Shaman per side. I already called the eskimo side, but there's definately room for other characters. Seems D might not be on tonight...maybe he's byob'ing too much tonight and his eyes went square....who knows...lol

I think he'd planned a viking witch on the other side though. Seems everyone wants to be vikings....the eskimos are kick ass too! Really tall, overly built crazies that are determined to defend their homeland. C'mon peoples! :lol:

Anyways....I really want you in this game...hope I'm not sounding unwelcoming, but that role is already full up. You should play the crazy witch or an eskimo. Or maybe D has some other suggestions.
Trixie [trik-see] (n) : Name derived from an original character played on Yog
Def: One who loves chit chat threads and dramatic roleplaying moments
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 10 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

So I'm curious ... are the Shamans subject to sanity losses like spell-casters in a normal Call of Cthulhu game? If so, then I wouldn't want to be a Shaman! You'll be looney in no time.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

No time like a fox.

It won't be as bad as it is for a newbie spell caster. The Shaman's been playing with magic since she was a teen but sanity loss will be a factor. More saving throws is all.
Henrik
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 18 years 2 months

Post by Henrik »

I'm thinking of playing an older viking (about 40-50 years old perhaps) serving more in an advisor's role than as a primary fighter/sailor (although he would probably know a bit about that as well). He would be knowledgeable about the law and generally be known for his wisdom and good advise. Perhaps he is an older brother or other relative to whoever is leading the viking expedition? I need to check up on the Dark Ages skills since I do not own the book (but I have seriously thought of buying it since it seems to be a very interesting setting). I looked through my library yesterday and discovered that I have no good sourcebook on Norse customs. (When we studied the Viking age in history class it was generally more about their exploits a bit about the gods, sagas and mythology) (Nyarlathotep=Loke? Or Loki as you English speakers usually spell it)
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

OK sweet. Henrik you're in. I got all my Vikings now. I'm still waiting on Flintlock and Carcossanoble to give their final OK.

We also just picked up Andrew from Imp in Training's site. Thanks for the free advertising there Imp. He'll be joining the Eskimos. So now we got 4 or 5 Vikings and 3 confirmed Eskimos plus Laraqua. Almost full people. If everything goes as planned, we'll be starting soon after the weekend.

Just one more slot to fill.
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by Andrew »

I decided to just stalk Imp on the net, actually I saw the advertisement on our boards and thought it sounded like an awesome game. Thanks for having me aboard.

I'm the newest eskimo, death by snu-snu!!! Oh wait, I'm a bit late for that.
Last edited by Andrew on Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

ha ha ha....yes snu-snu....hopefully your skeleton will have a niiiiice big smile when the vikings find it huh?

Welcome to the board....Eskimo's are gonna kick some Viking ass!!!

I'm so pumped about this game. I suppose I should be working on my history and spellbook here....D I think you're helping me with the spell part right?
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

Hopefully he'll have a biiiig smile! More than likely he'll be curled up in a fetal position with a look of horror... ah so the game goes.

Thanks for the welcome, and I look forward to killing some vikings with everyone!
trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

Andrew wrote: I decided to just stalk Imp on the net, actually I saw the advertisement on our boards and thought it sounded like an awesome game. Thanks for having me aboard.

Ha ha....stallking Imp? That's hilarious....mostly because last night I went on Dark and Moody and signed up there, referring Imp as the one that told me about it. STALKER!!!! AAAAUUUUGGGGGHHH!!! :lol:
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

trixie wrote:
Andrew wrote: I decided to just stalk Imp on the net, actually I saw the advertisement on our boards and thought it sounded like an awesome game. Thanks for having me aboard.

Ha ha....stallking Imp? That's hilarious....mostly because last night I went on Dark and Moody and signed up there, referring Imp as the one that told me about it. STALKER!!!! AAAAUUUUGGGGGHHH!!! :lol:

Oh are you Mystique then? On Dark and Moody I'm Andrew as well, I'm Imp's Moderator. So I might have to reiterate that statement and say I'm stalking you!

Also in theme to the game:

&

DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Crap! I wouldn't be giving me any ideas of that magnituder there Andrew.

Actually in your case, keep em coming. I can totally see one of those tantacle bastards taking out a viking ship or two. Eskimos are safe on land.
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

:lol: Sure there Mr. Keeper, anything to help out my fellow eskimos!
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

Well I got 3 others but they're not as cool as the first one I posted. Then there's always a viking made from a watermelon.

trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

dsigfuss wrote: THERE'S A PARTY IN THE MIXER! WHY AREN'T YOU DRINKING???????

Ok so first of all D, I'm posting there cuz we're in a posting war remember, and that's the only way I can keep up to you! Arg! Second of all you can always lock a thread when you finish with invites.

So back to the whole Why am I not drinking...ha ha ha....that's hilarious...does root beer count? Sadly, I'm not drinking hard stuff yet, but it IS only 12:15 so.....um.....unless that's a requisite of playing this game. THAT I could get excited about :lol: (seriously though I'm not that bad...I'm just kinda bad....I like my wine ok....amongst other things)
Andrew wrote: Oh are you Mystique then? On Dark and Moody I'm Andrew as well, I'm Imp's Moderator. So I might have to reiterate that statement and say I'm stalking you!

Eek!!! Two fingers in the eyes....GET BACK!!!! ha ha ha Yes I'm Mystique. Don't think I could actually play her over there though as she's too big of a bad ass in the words of Thomas...but we'll see if I take something on over there. Might have to concentrate my efforts on this board to keep up with this posting war I've sunk myself into!!! Aaaggh!

But if there's a game over there I just can't resist I'll get into it. Thing is I'm still a huge newb. I'm learning roleplaying by these forums. I know a bit, but not much, and still have to ask questions all the time, mostly about rolls and initiative, stuff like that. :?
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

DSIGFUSS wrote: We also just picked up Andrew from Imp in Training's site. Thanks for the free advertising there Imp.

De nada. It's what we do, eh?
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

trixie wrote: Eek!!! Two fingers in the eyes....GET BACK!!!! ha ha ha Yes I'm Mystique. Don't think I could actually play her over there though as she's too big of a bad ass in the words of Thomas...but we'll see if I take something on over there.

She's definitely walking the wrong side of the tracks. Heck, she was in the pre-game practice battle as one of the baddies.
trixie wrote: But if there's a game over there I just can't resist I'll get into it. Thing is I'm still a huge newb. I'm learning roleplaying by these forums. I know a bit, but not much, and still have to ask questions all the time, mostly about rolls and initiative, stuff like that. :?

In the case of the Marvel Super Heroes, you wouldn't be alone. We're all learning the game system, including yours truly. In fact, I think I'm pretty much the only one mucking through all the rulebooks to keep things upright, explaining the game mechanics as we go. The good news is the only dice you have to roll are a d10 for initiative, and a d100 for everything else.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

As long as you're posting all those Eskimo weapons don't forget about the Eskimo pistols, rifles, submachine guns, and cannons.
trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

ImpInTraining wrote: She's definitely walking the wrong side of the tracks. Heck, she was in the pre-game practice battle as one of the baddies.

Yes well...that's why she rocks so hard.....HOMOSAPIEN!!!! lol
impintraining wrote: In the case of the Marvel Super Heroes, you wouldn't be alone. We're all learning the game system, including yours truly. In fact, I think I'm pretty much the only one mucking through all the rulebooks to keep things upright, explaining the game mechanics as we go. The good news is the only dice you have to roll are a d10 for initiative, and a d100 for everything else.

It looks like a great game. I love Marvel Super Heroes so that's why I'm so tempted....but I'm sort of unfamiliar with anyone not in Xmen....and of course that's the baddies that I think are awesome. Need any villains?? :lol: Kidding of course. It's a relief to hear that you're all slogging through the rules as well though. What a cool game. Thumbs up!

Return to “Helluland”