Strathmorn (everyone)

A brutal murder has taken place in the small Highland village of Strathmorn. The accused claims that the ghosts from a local haunted manor are to blame!

Piqued by the alleged supernatural angle to the case, renowned Psychical Researcher, Harry Price, is seeking a team of responsible persons ‘of leisure and intelligence, intrepid, critical and unbiased’ to investigate the haunting.

Doesn’t that just sound like the sort of thing you’ve been looking for?

Moderator: Philulhu

Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Re: Strathmorn (everyone)

Post by Philulhu »

The rooms were all small but perfectly functional, grouped around a communal toilet and bathroom. It didn’t take long for everyone to unpack and they were downstairs again twenty minutes later.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"We should start by asking Mrs. MacPherson about the village and the people in it, and about the murder," says Bonnie. "I imagine it's the most excitement they've had in their lives."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 4 years 8 months

Post by Snapper »

"Capital suggestion, Miss Mackenzie. If you don't mind though, I might take the chance to walk about the village and stretch my legs while you're talking to the lady of the hotel. I'm hopeless at small talk anyway. I'll just walk about the village, no where near that old place where it all happened. We only go there as a team, eh?"

"Oh, could you see if she could do some dinners for us?"

Ascot pulls on his fedora and old grey trench coat, and is ready for the elements.
Last edited by Snapper on Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BoyBlunder78
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 1 year 8 months

Post by BoyBlunder78 »

" Good idea, perhaps she will be bursting at the gunnels to tell all the scandalous gossip, especially to the fresh ears of newcomers. I think i may enquire if there is a local libray of sorts. Be could to swot up on any local legends before we go and meet the good Reverand. "
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Mrs MacPherson was in the dining room, setting out places for the evening meal when the investigators found here. ”Is it all tae yer satisfaction?” she asked, adjusting the cutlery so it lay straight. “And what brings ye to Strathmorn, if ye don’t mind me asking? We’re not normally full at this time of the year.”
Joajackson
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Joajackson »

Father Ó Shaban, with the scottish laddie, finally ended putting everything into place and leave their room.
With his arabic appearence and accent he was truly unusual in this lands.

"Hello, gud misses. Fazer Ó Shaban, from far away, ze land of USA. A bleasure. It's all marrvelous. Just one zink. I unforrtunately don't eat anyzing of animals, yes?"
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

”Ye dinnae eat meat?” said Mrs MacPherson, looking puzzled. “Ye’ll just be eating vegetables, then? I guess we can manage that.”
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

Ascot ambles out of the hotel, pleased to be out in the elements. He starts walking around the village, keen to stretch his legs. He is careful to stay far from the murder scene. He politely greets any locals he comes across.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"My companions and I are conducting an independent investigation of the murder," says Bonnie quietly.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Mrs MacPherson’s lips pursed disapprovingly. ”Whit are ye, more reporters? We’ve had plenty of those in the last week.” she said.

Outside, Ascot found the street (there really was only one through the village) quiet. The people who had been looking out as the car had arrived had gone back inside, save for a couple of young lads who were admiring the car.

Looking up and down the street, Ascot could see no more than a dozen homes, the local Kirk and the manor house up on the hill.
BoyBlunder78
Disciple
Disciple

Post by BoyBlunder78 »

" No madam we arent reporters, we are just here to investigate and to hopefully makesure the right person is dound guilty. We have heard that some things seem a wee bit odd about it all."
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Mrs MacPherson didn’t appear mollified in any way. ”The pollis will get to the bottom of things. I’m not sure why we need anyone else.”
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Well, we were recruited by a gentleman named Harry Price to conduct this investigation," says Bonnie. "He paid for our travel, but we're volunteers. He's hoping we can disprove the speculation that the murder was committed by a ghost, but we're independent of him. It's our job to get to the truth, whatever that may be."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

Happy to keep outdoors, Ascot heads to the Kirk. He decides to have a (respectful) look through its cemetery, mostly to get an idea of names and common causes of death.
Last edited by Snapper on Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Please go to this thread: The Kirk

”How would a ghost kill a man?” Mrs MacPherson said with a shake of her head. ”Sad tae say, but the only person who could hae killed Donald McColl was young Jamie McLeod. Everyone else was here for ma party - there was only Jamie ootside. Such a shame - he wasnae a bad lad, nice and polite but he wasnae the most reliable. He was away with the fairies most of the time, when he wasnae poking around where he didnae belong.”
BoyBlunder78
Disciple
Disciple

Post by BoyBlunder78 »

"We heard the poor McColl boy had been torn to shreds. Hard to believe that wee slip of a boy could have done that."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I dinna think it was a ghost myself," says Bonnie. "I'm sure you know the townsfolk better than we do, and you organised the party. Did you personally see that everyone was here, or were you relying on the guests to vouch for each other? All it would take is two of them to leave together and each to claim the other was here the whole time."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Mrs MacPherson bristled at Bonnie’s suggestion.

”I ken my own hoose,” she said tartly. ”Nae one left before Donald, ye can sure of that and I’ll thank ye not to say otherwise!”

With an aggrieved ‘Hmmph!’ she slammed cutlery down on the table and stormed out of the room.
Joajackson
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Joajackson »

Philulhu wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 2:35 pm Mrs MacPherson bristled at Bonnie’s suggestion.

”I ken my own hoose,” she said tartly. ”Nae one left before Donald, ye can sure of that and I’ll thank ye not to say otherwise!”

With an aggrieved ‘Hmmph!’ she slammed cutlery down on the table and stormed out of the room.
Can I roll any social skill to determine if she is hiding something or if she is only offended for the implication of being plausibly wrong?
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Try a Psychology roll.

Return to “The Horror on the Glen”