IC - 12 - Medical Clinic - Everyone

By the waning years of the 22nd century, humanity has expanded beyond Earth, establishing colonies on Mars, Ceres, and the moons of Jupiter and Saturn; the latter of these being largely penal or mining colonies, taking advantage of the isolation and mineral wealth of these moons. One such colony, known as Benedict’s Rest, was established on the shores of the north polar sea of Ligeia Mare on the moon Titan, in the year 2169. Originally a penal colony that used convict labor to harvest liquid methane, Benedict’s Rest was bought out by a German energy conglomerate, Richter Dynamics, and expanded; now, in 2189, contract, or “free” miners outnumber convicts 5 to 1—158 free miners to 31 convicts.

The colony’s productivity, formerly the highest of any Richter colony site, has dropped 19% in the last month with no reasonable explanation provided. In the same period, the colony medic, Dr. Henry Holzer, has died; the administration has been vague regarding cause, though it has been intimated that he committed suicide. Over the objections of colony administrator James Kingsley, Richter Dynamics has sent a team of corporate troubleshooters to investigate these two issues and make recommendations to revive productivity.

Moderator: Mephistophilis

Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 4 years 7 months

IC - 12 - Medical Clinic - Everyone

Post by Mephistophilis »

Day 1
11th March 2189
22:30 Earth Central European Time
Barnard's Rest Colony, Titan

The bus pulls up outside the Medical Centre and Nicole helps the security officer unload Sergei and drag him inside where Dr Johnson is standing with Nurse Richards who exclaims, 'Jeez, another casualty, at least this one's still alive I suppose' as he rushes to help Sergei up onto the examination couch. Jojo sees a half conscious bearded man. Sam, Virgil, and Keira follow on behind.

Once Sergei is safely inside the security officer quickly retreats out the door and scrambles back inside the bus.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: IC - 12 - Medical Clinic - Everyone

Post by Mr. Handy »

"He's been beaten repeatedly with shock batons," Sam says.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

“That Ms Torrence has some explaining to do; they were her bouncers who did the damage.” Virgil exclaims as he gets off the bus.
“What do you mean, ‘another one’? Have you had trouble?” He asks Jojo and the nurse.
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

'I do not think it was the...bouncers, it was ze security officers. And yes, Sergeant Montrose 'as died. He killed himself' says Nicole.
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 8 months

Post by jp1885 »

“Oh no!” exclaims Kiara. “I thought he must’ve been in a bad way, but to kill himself... Why’d he do that?”
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

Nicole produces a transparent bag filled with what seem to be handwritten pages. 'Zis might help explain it.' She puts the bag away but shows the pictures of the pages she took earlier on her datapad
Montrose note,Can be read here: [url]https://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/pbp/viewtopic.php?f=472&t=7217#p244634[/url]
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Virgil shakes his head at the news of Montrose’ death. He pulls out his own datapad to receive the notes on. Half way through reading it he turns his back, concentrating on the words.
Keeper,Does he recognise the beings Montrose described?
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

Virgil,[i]'creatures, big, bigger than men, six limbed, beak-mouthed'[/i] is very familiar to Virgil
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Has there been an autopsy of the body yet?" asks Sam.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

Nurse Richards gestures to the mortuary trolley, 'Not yet'.
OOC,I'm going to NPC Nicole for a while as I'm not sure when Raiko will be back
Nicole looks away from the body, 'This does not sound like David, these ravings, and the drinking, killing himself, no. And the doctor, Doctor Holzer, the same thing. There is something going on here and I am going to find out what.'
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"The autopsy could answer some questions," says Sam. "Maybe some sort of foreign substance got in his body at Waystation. The same thing could have happened to Dr. Holzer."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 8 months

Post by jp1885 »

“We need to investigate the Waystation site,” insists Kiara. “Everything’s pointing there. Let’s check Sergei and try to get some sense out of him; I’m willing to bet he’s been up there.”
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 6 years 3 months

Post by Starspawn338 »

"Sergeant Montrose's body just showed up and it has to be quarantined as I cannot identify what he was infected with." Jojo chimes in.

"I believe it to be some kind of native organism or process which is affecting many people who have worked around the Pumping Station 4 and to a lesser extent, Pumping Station 5. I also see some references to proposed Pumping Station 6. We will need to investigate, however, this appears to be more widespread that I initially had surmised. After reviewing medical records, it appears that a number of people have been affected by this."

Jojo pauses before continuing, "I believe that the Interfaith Chapel has something to do with the psychological problems I am seeing in the medical records. It also appears that there are a large number of workers who disappear after working in Pumping Station 6. It says they have been discharged as their sentence was completed but the number of workers with that designation working at the same location is inconsistent with the way the corp normally does business."

Looking at each of the others in the room, Jojo assumes a solemn tone. "It appears to affect the mind first with most hearing voices that give voice to thoughts of removing your helmet or wading into the methane sea or other self destructive behavior. If any of you feels any of these symptoms, or start having any thoughts like this, please speak up immediately."
Life is a tragedy to those who feel
Life is a comedy to those who think
Life is a fantasy to those who game
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Virgil puts his datapad away and rubs his eyes.
“Some sort of space-rot? Thank you for the warning, Doctor, it seems a likely suspect for all the trouble here. Can you forward your report to me?

I was going to arrange a visit to Waystation for tomorrow anyway.” Says Virgil, looking worried. “But maybe we should spring it on them; a surprise visit instead. Can you use smelling salts something on Sergei to wake him up, Doctor?”
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"What about the autopsy report on Dr. Holzer?" asks Sam. "What did you learn from that, Doctor?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 6 years 3 months

Post by Starspawn338 »

"What about the autopsy report on Dr. Holzer?" asks Sam. "What did you learn from that, Doctor?"
"It appears that Dr. Holzer's death was consistent with an overdose. It appears that he was self medicating because he had started hearing the voices in his head."Jojo replies, then continues.

"Unfortunately, Sargeant Montrose's body is deteriorating too quickly for me to determine much, especially since I have to have the body in quarantine protocols. I will continue to monitor the progression of the cellular degeneration and run more tests. Hopefully I will be able to determine something from him."
Can you use smelling salts something on Sergei to wake him up, Doctor?
"Yes, I'm sure I have something here to wake him up."
Life is a tragedy to those who feel
Life is a comedy to those who think
Life is a fantasy to those who game
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

Nurse Richards hands Dr Johnson a cerebral stimulant and he administers it to Sergei who starts to come round with a few groans and twitches. He sits up with some surprise at the sight of everyone stood around him, looking at Virgil he says, 'Eh, you made it, welcome to Jack's Play.'
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Virgil hopes he’ll remember to ask Jojo about the rapid deterioration of Montrose’ body. He turns to Sergei and smiles.
“Hello, Sergei. I hope you’re feeling better. You’re in safe hands but not in Jacks Play. Do you remember what happened to you since I last saw you?”
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Sam suspects that Holzer may have taken an overdose deliberately, taking his own life with what was available as Montrose had, but she'll wait to talk to Jojo about it until after they're done speaking with Sergei.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

Sergei shakes his head from side to side and slaps his own face, 'Eugh. Yes, I remember. I go to Jack's Play, I get shit kicked out of me outside. Maybe I shouldn't have talked to you.'

Return to “The Titan Incident”