Moderator: Raiko

Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Re: [IC]Prologue: The Ranch

Post by Silver Priest »

Spot Hidden 28%,[dice]0[/dice]
Marcus still can't see much, but holds position, ready to fire whenever the ambush begins.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"They're about fifty yards away," whispers Amy. "I have a better chance to hit from this range, but they're far enough that I won't cause much damage. Still, maybe we should open fire so that we can keep shooting as they get closer. Let me know when I should start shooting."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by Anatomist »

Mr. Handy wrote:Image

"They're about fifty yards away," whispers Amy. "I have a better chance to hit from this range, but they're far enough that I won't cause much damage. Still, maybe we should open fire so that we can keep shooting as they get closer. Let me know when I should start shooting."
Amy hears Dr.Sánchez breathing calmly as he aims, a second later he stops breathing as he squeezes the trigger. The sound seems extremely loud as the night is so quiet.
extreme success Firearms Rifle .30 Lever Action Carbine 25%,[dice]0[/dice]
potential dmg,[dice]1[/dice]
bonus die for aiming Firearms Rifle .30 Lever Action Carbine 25%,[dice]2[/dice]
potential dmg,[dice]3[/dice]
OOC:   .30 Lever Action Carbine has 5o yrd base range - extreme success first roll, so i guess its dmg x2 = 24  
~Bony End of Story~
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

When Sanchez opens fire, Amy does likewise. To her surprise, she actually hits her target with a powerful blast.
OOC,Firearms Rifle/Shotgun roll (25% base skill) shooting at a kharisiri: [dice]0[/dice] Bonus die for very long range: [dice]1[/dice] Damage to kharisiri: [dice]2[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 8 months

Post by jp1885 »

At 50 yards from the main house, the kharisiri are still too far away from the small house to be within effective pistol range.
As shots ring out from the main house, Cynthia tries to remain calm and remains in position at a window overlooking the courtyard towards the driveway. Breathing deeply, she takes aim at the nearest bad guy within line of sight, ready to fire when he's within range.
OOC,In other words I'm declaring an aim action :)
Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Post by Raiko »

Ranch_Map_2.PNG
The Main House
7:12pm - Tuesday 22nd March, 1921

Dr. Sánchez's shot hits the kharisiri in the head, taking him down immediately. Hopefully it made a big enough mess that the creature won't get back up in a hurry.

A second later the other kharisiri is caught in Amy's shotgun blast, but keeps going, moving inside handgun range as it approaches the house.
OOC:   The sections below are not visible to those in the main house, unless they switch to different windows now. They are in view of the other investigators.  
The Gate

Augustus Larkin walks nonchalantly up to the gate and steps through, as though out for an evening stroll. He pays no attention to the gunfire around him.
Those who have passed a Spot Hidden,[color=#0000BF][b][u]Near the stables.[/u][/b][/color] [color=#008000][i]7:12pm - Tuesday 22nd March, 1921[/i][/color] Using the stable building to conceal their approach, [b]Luis de Mendoza [/b]and a second [i]kharisiri [/i] reach the wall and climb into the garden over to [b]Larkin's [/b]right.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

OOC:   Please could everyone who hasn't fired a firearm yet make a stealth roll.
If you are going to shoot a firearm before my next update, then don't worry about the stealth roll.
Shooting arrows allows you to still roll for stealth.  
John - Stealth,John - Stealth(20%): [dice]0[/dice]
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

Stealth (50%) success,[dice]0[/dice]
Cynthia gasps as she recognises de Mendoza, alongside another kharisiri.
"It's him!" she hisses.
She quickly leans behind the curtain as the murdering fiend turns his head towards the small house, noticing that John is also keeping out of sight.
Keeping behind the curtain as best she can, she shifts her aim to de Mendoza, waiting for him to come into effective pistol range.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

OOC:   Is Cynthia waiting for de Mendoza and his buddy to come within 15 yards?
They do look like they're heading for the small house - or at least skirting that way around the garden.  
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

Raiko wrote:
OOC:   Is Cynthia waiting for de Mendoza and his buddy to come within 15 yards?
They do look like they're heading for the small house - or at least skirting that way around the garden.  
OOC:   Yes. Having missed most of her previous shots, she wants to maximise her chances of success this time around. She's also conscious of the short range of her pistol and the need for the element of surprise.
However if de Mendoza looks like he's going out of sight, she'll risk a long-range shot.  
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Anatomist »

Raiko wrote:
Ranch_Map_2.PNG
The Main House

Dr. Sánchez's shot hits the kharisiri in the head, taking him down immediately. Hopefully it made a big enough mess that the creature won't get back up in a hurry.

A second later the other kharisiri is caught in Amy's shotgun blast, but keeps going, moving inside handgun range as it approaches the house.
OOC:   The sections below are not visible to those in the main house, unless they switch to different windows now. They are in view of the other investigators.  
Amy torch that headless one! He pulls out his pistol and moves to a west window to shoot the second wounded kharisiri, if i get the opportunity he will unload a burst of three shots.
success .Firearms Pistol (60%),[dice]0[/dice]
potential dmg pistol,[dice]1[/dice]
hard success .Firearms Pistol (60%),[dice]2[/dice]
potential dmg pistol,[dice]3[/dice]
success .Firearms Pistol (60%),[dice]4[/dice]
potential dmg pistol,[dice]5[/dice]
OOC:   7+7+7=21 8-)  
~Bony End of Story~
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by Silver Priest »

As he hears the shots, Marcus decides that's his cue. Taking aim, he shoots the first kharisiri that he can see that comes into range.
rifle 65%,[dice]0[/dice] dmg [dice]1[/dice] [dice]2[/dice] If he can't see any he'll delay for the time being until he can.
Zero
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 8 years 7 months

Post by Zero »

Atauchi rapidly withdrew the binoculars from his eyes when he noticed Larkin's apparent change. His pulse began to race as he considered the ramifications. These kharisiri were somehow able to convert people into unearthly things like themselves.
Sanity (64),[dice]0[/dice]
Sanity Loss (1d2),[dice]3[/dice]
When the shots began to ring out, the tracker took aim at de Mendoza and released an arrow.
Firearms (Bow) (35%),[dice]1[/dice]
Damage (1d6),[dice]4[/dice]
Stealth (50%),[dice]2[/dice]
OOC:   Spending 1 point of luck to make my Stealth roll a success. ;)  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"He's fifty yards away, and the rest of them will get me if I go out there, especially alone," says Amy, drawing a bead on her target and firing the second barrel. Unfortunately, this blast goes wide.
OOC,I'm not sure which kharisiri are still standing by the time I get to fire. My preference is to again shoot at the one I just wounded, but if he's down, I'll shoot at [b]de Mendoza[/b]. If he's down too, I'll shoot at the one with him. I'm not sure on the range, but I'm guessing the one I wounded is 15 yards away, and [b]de Mendoza[/b] and his buddy look like they're over 20 yards away but within 50 yards. Firearms Rifle/Shotgun roll (25% base skill) shooting at a kharisiri: [dice]0[/dice] Bonus die for long or very long range: [dice]1[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

Cynthia waits until de Mendoza is more or less within range, mutters a prayer and pulls the trigger.
Firearms EXTREME success (so no problem if at long range),Firearms (Handgun) 60% [dice]0[/dice] Bonus roll (aimed shot) [dice]1[/dice] Potential damage [dice]2[/dice] Impale, so add 12 (1d10+2) - total damage is [b]23[/b] (Have I done that right?)
She grunts in satisfaction as the back of her target's head blossoms in a bloody mess.
"That's for Trinidad you son of a bitch."
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Ranch_Map_3.PNG
OOC:   Amy could only see the remaining kharisiri near the large house.
Larkin is out of sight unless she changes to a different window.
De Mendoza and the remaining kharisiri are out of sight unless she changes windows and makes another spot hidden check.  
Around the Main House

Amy's second shot narrowly misses the kharisiri as he runs towards the corner of the main house, but as he rounds the bend he enters the sights of Marcus on the wooded hill. Marcus' rifle shot hits the kharisiri in the shoulder, but it manages to stagger on as far as a nearby window.

Pulling back a fist to smash through the glass, the kharisiri has but a moment to stare in surprise at the muzzle of Dr. Sánchez's revolver before the first of the three bullets rip into its chest and face.

The monster's lifeless body falls to the ground outside the window.

Meanwhile Jackson Elias takes one of the Molotov cocktails and clambers out of the window nearest to Amy.

"Cover me then Amy, we can't give them chance to heal!"

Jackson leaps out and runs towards the body of the first fallen kharisiri, lighting the rag as he runs.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

In the Garden

Luis de Mendoza roars in rage as Atauchi's arrow buries itself into his thigh, the pain does not appear to bother the kharisiri though as he quickly makes his way around the edge of the garden to the small house, and the waiting gun of Cynthia.

"That's for Trinidad you son of a bitch."

De Mendoza's body hits the ground before the last word leaves her lips.

The final kharisiri lunges for the window that Cynthia shot through. John having drawn his own revolver now is ready and fires a single shot which hits the kharisiri in the chest. It hits the wall below the window as it collapses to the ground.
John Handgun,John - Handgun(40%): [dice]0[/dice] Bonus Die:[dice]1[/dice] Potential Damage: [dice]2[/dice]
Across the garden, Augustus Larkin has stepped through the gate and is now strolling along the garden path towards the main house. He walks purposefully and continues to ignore the carnage around him.
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

OOC,Having lunged for the window, is the final [i]kharisiri [/i]inside or outside the small building?
Having stepped back to allow John a shot, Cynthia steps forward again to pump more bullets into the final kharisiri's head.
Handgun (point blank) 60%,First shot [dice]0[/dice]Point blank bonus roll[dice]1[/dice]Second shot [dice]2[/dice]Third shot[dice]3[/dice]Third shot penalty[dice]4[/dice]Damage first shot[dice]5[/dice]Damage third shot[dice]6[/dice]Total damage [b]15[/b]
"You watch this one John - I wanna finish off de Mendoza."

She grabs a firebomb and heads for the door.
OOC,Just re-read the 7th Ed. rules and realised I didn't need to make an extra penalty roll for the 3rd shot (the first penalty would cancel out the point-blank bonus but I thought there would be a second penalty roll, but there isn't)
Last edited by jp1885 on Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Anatomist »

Dr.Sánchez reloads his gun and leaps out of the window. He will immolate the west window kaharisiri as fast he can.
~Bony End of Story~
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Her shotgun now empty, Amy climbs out the window after Jackson and goes with him, determined to protect him. She holds it in her left hand while drawing her pistol with her right. "I'll do my best," she says, "but my best isn't very good. Maybe I should light them up while you cover me."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Prologue and Pre-game threads”