Page 1 of 1

[IC]Chapter 1.6 - Doctor Lemming

Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:30 am
by Raiko
Murray Hill Hotel, 112 Park Avenue – New York
6:40pm - Thursday 15th January, 1925

Accord to both Hilton Adams and Rebecca Shosenburg, Dr. Lemming is based in the Murray Hill Hotel, from where he has managed to establish himself as New York's foremost expert on African folklore.

The atrocious weather has slowed the traffic to a crawl, but at least with the arrival of Luther the group have access to both a car and an excellent driver. He parks across Park Avenue, opposite the magnificent hotel - one thing is for sure, if Lemming has been living here for years, he is certainly wealthy. It's easy to see why Hilton Adams had difficulty getting in to speak with the doctor.

The front of the seven storey brown stone building is well lit and a uniformed doorman stands just outside the main entrance trying to look as though the bitter cold isn't bothering him.

Murray Hill Hotel

Re: [IC]Chapter 1.6 - Doctor Lemming

Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:12 am
by Mr. Handy

"Shall we go inside and ask to speak to him?" asks Amy. "We can mention Jackson's name. He surely must have heard of him, given his field of study."

Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:36 am
by Silver Priest
'I kind of like the idea of us all not going in. 'Cept I don't particularly feel like waiting out here-- it's freezing!"

Marcus gives an exaggerated stretch and looks around for anyone suspicious who seems intent on watching them.
Spot Hidden 66%,[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:55 am
by jp1885

Cynthia takes one look at the swanky hotel with it’s imposing doorman and one look at the assembled company.

“I’m not sure everyone will be allowed in...”

Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:28 am
by Anatomist
"Ill go upfront and tell the doorman i am Profesor at the American Museum of Natural History, i can ask politely to at least get you all into the lobby, and maybe wait there, while a smaller group do the actual talking to Lemming"
Dr. Sánchez crosses the street and walks up to the doorman "Dr. Nemesio Sánchez, Senior Professor at the American Museum of Natural History, me, my fellow archeologist, my students would like to talk to Dr. Lemming, im quite sure Dr. Lemming would find our topic of great interest. And be kind let these men associated with us at least wait in the lobby as the car is freezing cold"
hard success Persuade 50%,[dice]0[/dice]
failed Credit Rating 40%,[dice]1[/dice]

Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:35 am
by Mephistophilis
While the professor talks to the doorman Luther puts his hand on something bulky in his overcoat and whispers to the others, 'This doesn't work I'm sure I can persuade him that it's in his best interests to let us in.'

Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:57 am
by kabukiman
"Maybe we could give him some "gift" to convince him?"- says Anderson.

Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:34 pm
by Raiko
"Okay Professor, if you'd like to all take a seat in the lobby, we'll let Dr. Lemming know you are here."

The doorman beckons the investigators through into the hotel's opulent lobby. He speaks briefly to the concierge, who in turn walks over to the reception and picks up a phone.
ooc,Nemesio's hard success at persuade was enough to get the investigators past the doorman, even those who might be holding suspicious bulky items in their coats. It really needs a credit rating success to get to meet Dr. Lemming, and I was already planning to grant Nemesio a bonus die due to his position at the museum. [i][b]So please roll your bonus die[/b][/i]. If you fail, then any one member of the group will be able to push the roll with any suitable skill once the concierge returns from making the call upstairs.
The lobby of the Murray Hill Hotel

Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:44 pm
by Anatomist
failed Credit Rating 40%,[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:09 pm
by Raiko
OOC:   Oops  
ooc,Sorry I misread the adventure text. Nemesio's persuade roll is enough to get you in, and with his credentials that's all you need. So no need to push the roll (arguably your persuade was a pushed roll that overcame the doorman's suspicion). I'll get the next post written while you decide who goes up and who stays in the lobby.
The concierge returns from the reception desk accompanied by a young porter.

"Professor Sánchez? Doctor Lemming will see you and you associates immediately. The porter will show you the way."

Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:25 pm
by Anatomist
Dr. Sanchez grins and winks playfully to Amy. 'You first youg landy'

Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:09 pm
by jp1885

As the other young lady in the group, Cynthia harrumphs, barging past the professor to join Amy.

Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:18 pm
by Silver Priest
OOC:   I assume Marcus saw no ruffians lurking about?  
Marcus will join as well. He smiles at Cynthia's spunk.

Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:24 pm
by Mephistophilis
Still unsure exactly what is going on, Luther asks 'Want me to come, or will I hang around down here, look out for trouble?'

Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:32 pm
by Raiko
Marcus,[quote="Silver Priest"][ooc]I assume Marcus saw no ruffians lurking about?[/ooc][/quote] Sorry, yes that's right Marcus didn't notice anyone suspicious. Sorry I thought that I'd put that in the post where you were let into the lobby.

Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:04 am
by Mr. Handy

Amy gets in the elevator with Cynthia.
OOC,I realized that one of the things we found was a flyer advertising a lecture for "tonight only" at 8:00 PM. It may have actually been for a previous night, as [b]Jackson[/b] got in two days early, but if it was tonight, it's probably too late for any of us to make it.

Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:03 am
by Raiko
OOC,You're actually only 7 minutes walk from NYU in good weather, according to Google Maps (0.3 miles), and the time is currently 6:42pm.

Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:12 am
by jp1885

Cynthia stops, a thought suddenly occurring to her.

“Say, reckon we’ll be safe splitting into two groups? If that lecture we found advertised is tonight, some of us could still catch it? Marcus’ pal could guard you.” She grins at Luther.

If this is agreed upon, she will opt to speak to Lemming.

Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:56 am
by Anatomist
jp1885 wrote:Image

Cynthia stops, a thought suddenly occurring to her.

“Say, reckon we’ll be safe splitting into two groups? If that lecture we found advertised is tonight, some of us could still catch it? Marcus’ pal could guard you.” She grins at Luther.

If this is agreed upon, she will opt to speak to Lemming.
'Yes, yes, who want to do the lecture?, im afraid im tied up here at Lemmings'

Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:55 pm
by Silver Priest
"I'm good at going with either group. Though I agree one of the groups should have me, the other Luther.."

He looks at his friend. "You know what, I don't feel like making the walk in this weather. I'll stay here. Have fun, buddy." He grins.

Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:13 pm
by Mephistophilis
Luther grins back, 'So do I get one of the dames?'

Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:22 pm
by Mr. Handy

Amy checks her watch. "Actually, I don't see any need to split up," she says. "As long as we don't spend more than an hour or so here, we'll still be able to make the lecture in time. We're not far from NYU."

Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:32 pm
by jp1885

"Fair point; assuming we don't run into difficulties. C'mon then, let's stop jawing and go!"

Cynthia impatiently indicates for the porter to lead on.

Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:03 am
by Raiko
Doctor Lemming's Suite - The Murray Hill Hotel, New York
18:47 - Thursday 15th January, 1925

The porter leads the investigators up to the seventh floor, where he knocks on the door of Suite 703.

The door opens immediately and the group are greeted by an excited looking, slightly balding academic. Short and rotund, Doctor Lemming's clothes are typical of an absent-minded academic, covered in ink and dust with grubby cuffs and various odd-looking stains. He looks delighted to see his guests.

"Ah! Doctor Nemesio Sánchez, I pressume? What an absolute pleasure to meet you."

Doctor Mordecai Lemming

He extends a hand to Nemesio, "Doctor Mordecai Lemming at your service! Do come in, do come in and your associates of course!"

Lemming ushers Sánchez and his companions though his apartment door and into his suite. The walls and ceilings of the opulent rooms are decorated in a baroque rococo style which for the investigators’ attention among a plethora of books and seemingly random objects from every continent, all with the shared theme of myth and folklore.

"Would anyone like a drink? Do take a seat please, all of you! Now then Doctor Sánchez, how can I help you?"

The doctor pours some excellent quality bourbon for anyone who even looks like they might be interested.

Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:16 am
by Mr. Handy

"Thank you," says Amy, taking a seat. While she wants to keep a clear head, and she doesn't typically partake, she does accept a glass of bourbon. After what happened today, she needs a drink. It isn't even technically a violation of the Volstead Act, as the drink is not being bought, sold, or transported. However, she limits herself to only one.

Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:25 am
by Silver Priest
"I'll take one as well," Marcus says, sitting down and taking a glass. Once he sips from it, he looks up. "Might have two, actually. Been awhile since I've had some this good--mostly swill nowadays."

He figures he'll let Doctor Sanchez direct the conversation, and waits for him to make the first move.

Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:49 am
by Mephistophilis
Luther hangs back and doesn't take a drink. He's not clear what's going on yet and he figures he should be ready for anything.

Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:49 am
by jp1885

Cynthia also wants to keep a clear head and so politely refused any alcohol.

Leaving Professor Sanchez to do the talking, she casts her eye over Lemmings bookshelves.

Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:55 am
by Anatomist
Raiko wrote: Image
"Would anyone like a drink? Do take a seat please, all of you! Now then Doctor Sánchez, how can I help you?"

'Pleased to meet you too, and yes, a drink would warm me up' he walks towards the shelves 'impressive collection, I would love to take a better look if we get the time... he walks to a chair and sits 'But for now, and sadly as it is we need to talk about a topic full of violence and mystery. We must concentrate on the topic of the Bloody Tongue. Miss Lawrence, Miss Vallier both very enlightened on the subject and VERY capable students, my colleague Archeologist Anderson here and myself are intertwined into the sect the Bloody Tongue. We are quite desperate to find out more about them, who they might be, what are their motivations, where do they base out from, and so forth. We are dead serious about this investigation as we have facts and have even witnessed their modus operandi, please Dr. help us out.
Ah! and before I forget, Mister Anderson and Boyd here are also helping us out on this investigation providing much appreciated security, they are excellent at their trade!'

Dr. Sánchez gulps down the bourbon in one go.

Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:15 pm
by kabukiman
Anderson will refuse the drink, and will take a quick look at any books he can see, but always paying attention to the conversation.

Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:34 am
by Raiko
Anderson finds that Lemmings collection of books in both extensive and impressive; while mostly relating to African mythology and folklore, as you would expect, the collection includes both contemporary and late nineteenth century works on African history, anthropology and archaeology. There are even a couple of books by Jackson Elias on the selves: Masters of the Black Arts and The Black Power.

He notices that Lemming has a small collection of tribal weapons amongst his haphazardly arranged artefacts, including a machete type blade with a curved tip, that looks remarkably similar to the blades carried by Jackson's murders.

Lemming himself looks a little confused for a moment when questioned by Sanchez, but then his eyes light up and he speaks excitedly again, "Ah yes, the Bloody Tongue Cult!"

He stands back up and begins pacing around the room, waving his hands as he speaks, though careful not to spill any bourbon.

"The police visited me with some rather gruesome photographs taken at one of the Harlem murder scenes - the ones that they call the Voodoo murders. Voodoo indeed? Hmm!"

He glances at Cynthia and Amy and lowers is voice to a stage whisper, "Not all all the sort of thing you young ladies would wish to see, most gruesome indeed.

"Anyway the photographs showed a symbol that had been carved into the head of the victim. They asked if I could identify it."

He indicated his library of books, "I searched though my collection, but couldn't find any mention of this symbol, so I took the photograph to another expert in Harlem - Silas N'Kwane, he runs a shop that I often visit.

"Silas recognised that the symbol belonged to the Cult of the Bloody Tongue, a group feared in East Africa in ancient times. He said that the cult disappeared from Africa before the arrival of Europeans, so the killer was likely using it to scare folk.

"I gave the information to the police detectives, explained that the was such a cult in history, but that it no longer existed. Then a few weeks later, the most unusual and terrifying thing happened! The murderer himself visited me!"

Lemming theatrically recoils in mock terror, "Although I didn't know at the time. Hilton Adams himself! He visited me raving about the symbol, he was quite deranged!

"I explained the same thing as I'd told the police, but that set him off ranting about how the cult was operating in Harlem and responsible for the murders. I spoke to the police about this after Adams was arrested; they said that it's common for lunatics to behave in such a way.

"To think that I gave Adams Silas N'Kwane's name, he could easily have been the next victim!"

Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:12 am
by Mr. Handy

"We've already seen it," says Amy, and she bursts into tears again. After she further dampens her handkerchief wiping her eyes, she collects herself and resumes speaking. "There's been another murder, and Hilton Adams couldn't have done it. He was in prison at the time." She shows him the article and watches his reaction.
OOC,Psychology roll (61% skill) about [b]Dr. Lemming[/b]: [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:27 am
by Silver Priest
"Dr. Lemming, does the name Mukunga M'Dai mean anything to you?" Marcus asks. "We spoke to Adams in the slammer, he seemed to think the man had something to do with the killings. 'Course a man waiting for the chair would be eager to pin the blame on someone else." Of course, they had heard the name from Hilton's wife, but Marcus saw no need to bring her into this. As far as he was concerned Mukunga was their chief suspect, and he was interested if the academic had heard of him.

Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:40 am
by jp1885

Cynthia also watches Lemming’s reaction to the news that Adams is probably innocent.

When the opportunity allows, she will pick up the machete.

“This is a Bloody Tongue weapon isn’t it? Do you have any other artefacts associated with them? Maybe a mask or somesuch?”

Again she studies his reaction.
Psychology 79% Pass,[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:26 am
by Anatomist
Raiko wrote: He stands back up and begins pacing around the room, waving his hands as he speaks, though careful not to spill any bourbon.

"Silas recognized that the symbol belonged to the Cult of the Bloody Tongue, a group feared in East Africa in ancient times. He said that the cult disappeared from Africa before the arrival of Europeans, so the killer was likely using it to scare folk.

'With other words, you do not possess information about this cult from newer times, that's a shame, we were hoping you had some contemporary information on them' Dr. Sánchez stands up again and walks to the shelves while the others get their points in looking for anything catching his eye.
failed Library Use (70%),[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:21 pm
by Raiko

"Oh! I'm terribly sorry my dear, I didn't mean to upset you."

Doctor Lemming looks surprised to hear about there being a new Voodoo murder, "Really? The police seemed to be sure that Hilton Adams was their man.

"I take it that you know the newest victim?"
Lemming glances sympathetically at Amy.
Cynthia,As far as you can tell, Lemming's surprise and his concern for Amy is genuine.
"The knife is called a Pranga my dear, it is a traditional bush cutting knife and weapon and is very common in East Africa."

He shakes his head at Nemesio's question, "Less than that really Doctor Sanchez, all of my knowledge of the historic Bloody Tongue came from Silas N'Kwane he is very knowledgeable about East African 'magic' and its practitioners, I have to admit that I had never even heard of the cult before visiting Silas. I could give you the address of his shop 'Ju-Ju House' if you like?

"Other than Hilton Adams, nobody has suggested to me that a modern cult even exists. More likely the killer is a common thug who happens to know of this obscure symbol.

"Though I admit, it is hard to understand how they might have learned of it."

Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:41 pm
by Anatomist
Raiko wrote:Image
He shakes his head at Nemesio's question, " I could give you the address of his shop 'Ju-Ju House' if you like?
'Yes please' he takes out his notebook and pencil.

Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:08 pm
by kabukiman
"Did anyone aproach you to get any information about those cults? Or something suspicious?"

Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:21 pm
by jp1885

Pretty sure that Lemming is on the level, Cynthia nods.

“Do you see any similarities between the Bloody Tongue and other primitive groups, say in the Far East?” she asks, mindful of the clues left by Jackson.

Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:12 pm
by Mephistophilis
Struggling to follow the discussions, Luther does hear something that seems closer to his area of expertise. 'Did this Adams say anything about how he thought the cult were operating in Harlem, did he mention any gangs involved?'

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:38 am
by Raiko

"Okay, here we you are, the address is Ju-Ju House, number 1 Ransom Court, Harlem.

"It's a little alley off West 137th Street, east of Lenox Avenue. The shop doesn't look much, but old Silas is quite the expert on African magic."

To the others the doctor shakes his head apologetically, "I'm sorry, I know very little about this cult historically, they are very obscure," he points again to his collection of books, "I've searched extensively through my library and there is no mention of the Bloody Tongue at all.

"And I don't recall Adams mentioning any gangs and I'm afraid that Mukunga M'Dai means nothing to me."

Luther,[b]Mukunga M'Dai [/b] might be a name that [b]Luther[/b] has heard of before, make a luck roll.

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:51 am
by Mr. Handy

"Thank you," says Amy. "It's not your fault, you didn't know. The victim was Jackson Elias, the writer. You've probably heard of him."
OOC,At least we have plenty of time to get to the lecture.

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:12 am
by Mephistophilis
There's something about the name Mukunga M'Dai that sounds familiar to Luther, but he can't place where he's heard it before.
Luck 80%,[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:42 am
by Anatomist
'Thank you for your time, have good evening, buenas tardes y adios' Dr Sánchez walk towards the door.

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:09 am
by kabukiman
-Thank you very much for your help.- says Anderson.

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:20 am
by jp1885

Cynthia carefully puts the pranga back in it’s place before nodding in thanks.

“I guess we’re done here?” she asks.

Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:01 am
by Raiko
"Oh my, yes I have read some of Jackson Elias' books. That's terrible news, awful! If there's anything at all I can do to help bring his killers to justice, please let me know."

Lemming repeats his offer a minute later, as he bids the investigators goodbye.

New York University, New York
7:40pm - Thursday 15th January, 1925

The Schuyler Hall is deserted when the investigators arrive. There are still a few staff about the campus though, and a little asking around reveals that Prof. Anthony Cowes' lecture "The Cult of Darkness in Polynesia & the Southwest Pacific" took place the previous night.

The Professor returned to Arkham this morning, however Nemesio easily manages to obtain both his address and his phone number from a NYU staff member.
ooc,Given the weather conditions, it's possible that Cowes hasn't even made it back to Arkham yet, but you do have the means to attempt to contact him whenever you wish. Amy knows that Kensington often works late into the night at Prospero House, so you can probably still meet him tonight if you wish.

Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:16 am
by Anatomist
'Caramba! yesterday you say?' Dr. Sánchez will immediately go to the reception and ask politely to use the phone and ring Prof. Anthony Cowes.

Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:21 am
by Raiko
The receptionist passes the telephone handset across to Sánchez, "Certainly Doctor, it won't take too long will it? I'm already late finishing and the El service has been rubbish all week thanks to this snow."

The operator connects Nemesio through to Professor Cowles' home number in Arkham, MA.

At the other end of the line the phone begins to ring.
Nemesio,Please make a luck roll for Nemesio.

Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:55 am
by jp1885

Cynthia curses about missing the lecture and fidgets impatiently while Sanchez is on the phone.

Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:37 am
by Anatomist
Raiko wrote:The receptionist passes the telephone handset across to Sánchez, "Certainly Doctor, it won't take too long will it? I'm already late finishing and the El service has been rubbish all week thanks to this snow."

The operator connects Nemesio through to Professor Cowles' home number in Arkham, MA.

At the other end of the line the phone begins to ring.
Nemesio,Please make a luck roll for Nemesio.
passed Luck 65%,[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:29 am
by Mr. Handy

"When we finish talking to Professor Cowles," suggests Amy, "we can call Jonah Kensington. He usually works well into the evening."

Posted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:33 am
by jp1885

"Speaking of calls, we should also call Miriam Atwright at Harvard and find out what book Jackson was looking for," Cynthia adds. "If he found the information he needed, perhaps she'll know what it was."

Posted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:51 am
by Raiko
After a few rings the phone is answered by an Australian lady. Sánchez introduces himself and asks if Professor Cowles is available.

<<You're lucky Doctor Sánchez, my dad's just arrived back from New York. Hold on for a minute and I'll get him.>>

Nemesio can hear footsteps and then faintly the sound of the young lady calling her father.

A few seconds later Prof Anthony Cowles is on the line.

<<Hello? Doctor Sánchez is it? How can I help you?>>
OOC:   Sorry, I wrote this post last night in bed and I've just woken up and found I fell asleep without pressing submit :oops:  

Posted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:02 am
by Raiko
The receptionist, who is already pulling on her winter coat, looks disapprovingly at Amy and Cynthia.

"Y'all can find a payphone, if you want to phone someone else, I've got a train to catch."

Posted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:54 am
by kabukiman
You think we should visit this Miriam? People sometimes remember extra details if they are talking face to face instead of talking by phone.- says Anderson to Cynthia.

Posted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:18 pm
by jp1885

“Sure; beats freezing our asses off in a phone booth, but do we really wanna travel to Boston?” Cynthia replies.

Posted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:13 pm
by Raiko
OOC:   Miriam works at Harvard, so while you can certainly visit her, you won't make it to Boston tonight with the current weather conditions.

Jonah Kensington is most likely still at work, and again only a few minutes travel away (Less than a mile).  

Posted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:19 pm
by jp1885
OOC:   Oh yeah, fair point! I’ll amend my last post.  

Posted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:59 pm
by Mephistophilis
Luther leans against the wall watching the discussions with little interest. Too much talky talky as far as he's concerned. He takes out a switchblade and starts tossing it into the air and catching it.

Posted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:15 pm
by jp1885

When the opportunity arises, Cynthia will ask Cowles if he's familiar with East African death cults like the Bloody Tongue. Does he see any parallels in the groups he has studied in the Pacific and does this encompass Shanghai?

Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:50 am
by Mr. Handy

"All right, we can just go over to visit Jonah Kensington in person after the call," says Amy. "It's not that far. He'll have a telephone, so we can use that to call Miriam Atwright."

Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:56 am
by Raiko
Doctor Sánchez introduces himself to Cowles, and then starts by asking what the lecture was about and whether he knows Jackson Elias.

<<I don't know Elias personally, but I have read several of his books and share his interest in death cults. I'd certainly like to meet him.>>

Sánchez explains that Jackson was murdered tonight and that Jackson may have attended the lecture. He also describes Jackson. The poor receptionist is getting a little worried at the way the conversation is going, she glances nervously at Luther tossing his flick knife into the air.

Cowles replies: <<Ah damn, I'm truly sorry to hear about Elias. There was a black man sat near the back during the lecture, could have been him I guess. I couldn't say for sure though>>

<<The lecture was the sort of thing that would be of interest to him. It describes a bat cult that once existed among the Aboriginal peoples of Australia. It was known across the continent, and the god of the cult was known as the Father of All Bats. The cult has not existed for hundreds of years, although curiously I have some slides that I show that depict immense stone blocks discovered in the desert in Western Australia>>

<<The photographs were taken in 1921 by a mining engineer called Arthur MacWhirr. He claims that he discovered the monoliths at the site of an ancient city buried beneath the sands, and that his party were attacked several times by Aboriginal groups, some of the party were killed during the attacks>>

<<The attackers were using the same weapons as the cult that worshipped the Father of All Bats>>

<<There's more of course Doctor Sánchez, I'd be delighted to give you the whole lecture and to show you Macwhirr's slides if you can visit me at home or at the Miskatonic University, sadly though I could talk for hours about this, it's been a long day>>

jp1885 wrote:When the opportunity arises, Cynthia will ask Cowles if he's familiar with East African death cults like the Bloody Tongue. Does he see any parallels in the groups he has studied in the Pacific and does this encompass Shanghai?
<<Well Miss, I'm afraid that I'm only passingly familiar with African cults, I've not heard of the Bloody Tongue before.>>

<<The bat cult existed only in Australia, which was obviously isolated at that time>>

<<However, there are definitely parallels between all death cults, regardless of their geographical origin>>

Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:51 am
by jp1885

Cynthia thanks the Professor and, after everyone has finished talking to him, huffs loudly.

“Just peachy! Peru, New York, London, Shanghai, Egypt and now goddamn Australia!” She turns to Luther. “You don’t know whatcha got yourself into pal.”

“Okay, let’s go see Kensington, yeah?”

Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:53 pm
by kabukiman
"It seems that in every place in earth there are crazy people who worship strange things. Let's go then".- says Anderson.

Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:36 pm
by Raiko
ooc,[ooc]If nobody suggests anything different then I'll begin a new thread for visiting Jonah Kensington later tonight.[/ooc]

Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:20 pm
by Mephistophilis
Luther flashes Cynthia a wide smile, 'Not yet sister, but it sounds like I might get a holiday out of it.'

Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:19 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Don't forget Kenya," says Amy. "Everything points there. Right now we have our hands full with New York, though. You're right, let's visit Jonah Kensington."

Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:19 pm
by Raiko
ooc,Sorry, took me a bit longer than expected to prepare the new thread. But it's up now! :D
OOC:   The adventure continues in Chapter 1.7: The Unfinished Tales of Jackson Elias.