Arkham Horror chat (ooc)

In the sleepy town of Kingsport, unspeakable horror hides awaiting its time. Not only does Tulzscha run rampant, but it also blazes a trail for Yibb-Tstll. Five ordinary people from various walks of life will try to prevent it from destroying all they hold dear. Will they succeed?

Moderator: Tabs

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 5 months

Re: Arkham Horror chat (ooc)

Post by Tabs »

Mr. Handy wrote: Blast! I would have liked to gain him, but I'm not going to burn Clues and slow myself down trying to get more.

It may be worth it for Luke to spend his initial Clue for a chance to avoid losing a turn.
Um, um, no, I'm gonna treat Clues like gold dust.
Please don't skip me!
Of course we wouldn't! (But it would be helpful if you could move three thousand miles.)
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

I've posted Luke's Upkeep, and his Movement--since he is stranded in The Dreamlands.

Mr. Handy and ProfToff, you can trade, if you wish.
Peacehammer
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 11 years 11 months

Post by Peacehammer »

Ok, I have posted upkeep and updated my character sheet. Is it ok to post movement as I am going to move to the administration building?
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Yes, I think it is okay.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Does Rex want to trade anything? I'm fine with the stuff I have now.

I had a feeling that a Gate would open under me. Good thing I didn't burn any Clues, as I'm going to need them all to seal the Gate. Those monsters are tough, but I'm hoping they'll have moved on or been eliminated by the turn after I get back. Or I could return by way of Independence Square.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
BlackSmoke
Layman
Layman

Post by BlackSmoke »

A seal on Independance Square is better than the Black Cave as its a 'hot' location.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Arkham Encounter
Historical Society
When you arrive, you discover . . . http://www.arkhamhorrorwiki.com/Historical_Society (KH)
Administration Building
Your discussions on the Mythos . . . http://www.arkhamhorrorwiki.com/Administration (AH)
Arkham Asylum
An absentminded orderly . . . http://www.arkhamhorrorwiki.com/Arkham_Asylum (KH)

Other World Encounter
Celeano (Other) [Mandy]
The insanity of this place finally hits you. Lose 1 Sanity.
Celeano [Rex]
Pass a Luck (-1) check or the book is a prison. . . . http://www.arkhamhorrorwiki.com/File%3AGate11.png
The Dreamlands
"We claim this as our own," . . . http://www.arkhamhorrorwiki.com/File%3AGate104.png
Peacehammer
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Peacehammer »

Ok, being sent right where I started is a bit frustrating. While I am now $4 richer, which means that I now just need $4 to complete my personal story, I was hoping to get to St Mary's hopsital to heal up.

Do people think it is worth going to get a loan, complete my story, and still have $6 to pay for the loan repayments?
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Hmm, the rewards for passing her personal story are not amazing, and I normally steer clear of Bank Loans, so I would say keep the $11 and go shopping.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I don't know, a Blessing a three Clue tokens are nothing to sneeze at. It'll put Carolyn fairly close to getting enough Clues to seal a Gate, which could help us win more quickly. I agree that Bank Loans are risky, but that $6 in change will leave a decent cushion to make interest payments, and a trip to the Newspaper could help pay off the loan entirely.

I remember playing a solo game with Carolyn Fern, taking out Bank Loan, and completing my story right away. Then I had to make an interest payment on the next two turns, one turn before I would have gotten more money at the Newspaper. I still won the game somehow and ended up punching out Nyogtha.

If anyone needs me to use Research, just ask.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Peacehammer, Mr. Handy is probably right when he says:
Mr. Handy wrote:I don't know, a Blessing a three Clue tokens are nothing to sneeze at. It'll put Carolyn fairly close to getting enough Clues to seal a Gate, which could help us win more quickly. I agree that Bank Loans are risky, but that $6 in change will leave a decent cushion to make interest payments, and a trip to the Newspaper could help pay off the loan entirely.

ProfToff, the OW encounter card for Rex is confusing.
You can re-roll Rex's initial Luck check, if successful, keep hold of those two Clues; if unsuccessful, consider the Clues spent; and then roll again where failure = monster, success = delayed.
Peacehammer
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Peacehammer »

I thought that I had posted this yesterday, Yibb-Tstll must have held it up.

So after that setback I have been trying to work out what the best use of my time is.

I have just read the bit about the Kingsport rifts, and since we don't have anyone up there, is it worth me going up there because the results from that will very quickly start to add to the doom track?

Sanity is fine, but with one stamina, I would have to visit the community hospital. It says spend $1 to gain 1 sanity and stamina, is it possible to spend more than $1 to get more health back?

If I do that, then it is probably worth forgetting about completing the story, going to the magic shop, buying something useful, then heading to Kingsport.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Peacehammer wrote:I have just read the bit about the Kingsport rifts, and since we don't have anyone up there, is it worth me going up there because the results from that will very quickly start to add to the doom track?

Sanity is fine, but with one stamina, I would have to visit the community hospital. It says spend $1 to gain 1 sanity and stamina, is it possible to spend more than $1 to get more health back?
We need someone in Kingsport. Carolyn? yeah, why not. I'd go straight to Kingsport and visit the Congregational Hospital--(I've always assumed that an investigator can spend $1 per turn).
ProfToff
Initiate
Initiate

Post by ProfToff »

Tabs wrote:ProfToff, the OW encounter card for Rex is confusing.
You can re-roll Rex's initial Luck check, if successful, keep hold of those two Clues; if unsuccessful, consider the Clues spent; and then roll again where failure = monster, success = delayed.
I will do just that please. Also if this fails and Carolyn can prevent a Sanity loss if may just save my @rse. Always miss the casting around a table for a way out when this is played by forum. NIce one.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Hooray! it worked--Mandy's (not Carolyn, but who cares!) Research ability.

Okay, I'll post Turn 2, Mythos tomorrow morning. In Turn 3, Mr. Handy is the first player.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Rex is not actually delayed. The successful Luck check means nothing bad happens to him. If he had failed, then he'd have needed to roll a die to determine if he was attacked or delayed.

Also, Rex is the man that Mandy described seeing. We were in the same location, so we could have interacted. But she didn't need to be there to use Research.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

BlackSmoke and ProfToff, I just visited BGG and saw that Arkanian wants to restart his pbp game. Are you interested?
ProfToff
Initiate
Initiate

Post by ProfToff »

Tabs wrote:BlackSmoke and ProfToff, I just visited BGG and saw that Arkanian wants to restart his pbp game. Are you interested?
On it, I can't play Arkham enough to be honest.
BlackSmoke
Layman
Layman

Post by BlackSmoke »

I'm on holiday for 2 weeks tomorrow, but I'll still be able to post every now and again.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

BlackSmoke wrote:I'm on holiday for 2 weeks tomorrow, but I'll still be able to post every now and again.
Okay, thanks for the heads-up. Have a good holiday.

Return to “Episode 5 - Kingsport Horror”