OOC Chat

Boston 1920: Strange events at 20 Copp’s Hill Terrace have left minds ruined and families shattered. But how believable are such tales as strange figures and moving inanimate objects in our modern age? How readily should we disregard the influence of the otherworldly? After the recent real-life horrors of poison gas and industrialized slaughter, can we give credence to tales of odd visions and supernatural presences?

Investigating 20 Copp’s Hill will prove that we should not dismiss such tales too lightly...

Moderator: HoneyDog

HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 6 months

Re: OOC Chat

Post by HoneyDog »

This mystery is far more tricky than I thought it would be. Who knew that decisions might have unintended consequences? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by evil_scientist »

HoneyDog wrote:Okay then. You'd better negotiate with the Tabster. Does he want to be exiled to Canada?
Well, it was his idea in the first place :)
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Post by Tabs »

Yeah, burn it down before Owens goes off to Canada; Isadora to have nothing to do with it, but to keep in touch with Owens and notify him of any police attention.

I'd like to call it a day, at least for a few weeks. If we role-play the burning, send me a PM to say we're doing so.
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by evil_scientist »

Thanks for the game so far, Tabs & HoneyDog! I enjoyed it! I'd like to pick it up and finish it at some point.
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Post by Tabs »

It's been a good one. :)
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Okay guys. Tabs, if you'd like to finish here, then we could do the fire as you suggested - Norman will be in Canada and out of the picture, and I can finish the story with Isadora dealing with the aftermath. I think there might be serious consequences for setting fires though!

Thanks for playing guys, I've enjoyed it very much.
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by evil_scientist »

HoneyDog, I would be interested in doing some episodes about Isadora's occult researches? Visits to sketchy occult bookshops, meetings with fellow Theosophists who dabble in magic, etc.?
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

That would be before Norman burns the house? I'm not sure that it would lead Isadora to anything concrete. That's the only way to really solve this mystery - getting to grips with what resides there. If Isadora would like to lead another expedition, she's going to need help, but then we would have to recruit more players. You could use magic to deal with the problem, but if the house burns down, well...

I would like to try another adventure soon - you'd be welcome to bring Isadora in for that. Norman too if he stays out of prison.
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by evil_scientist »

Okay, then let's just deal with the aftermath of the arson.
HoneyDog wrote:I would like to try another adventure soon - you'd be welcome to bring Isadora in for that.
Cool, I like her as a character!
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Yes, she is a good character.

Let's bring this to a finish then. I'll bring the action forward then to just after the Corbitt House has been burnt down. Norman is obviously responsible for that deed, and now is on his way to James Bay with the university expedition. Isadora is back to doing what she usually does.

Be warned - although you both might have avoided falling foul of a supernatural entity, the forces of law and order have to be dealt with, and that can come at a cost of a different kind...
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by evil_scientist »

One thing about the key: Isadora makes a duplicate at a random locksmith's far from her home. Then she waits for Jordan to call and request the key. If he doesn't call, she calls her a week later and returns the key.

Isadora doesn't end up using the key, just wanted to clarify this thing.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Okay!

New thread is up! You've got some explaining to do!
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by evil_scientist »

A spoiler for Robert Bloch's "The Shambler From the Stars":
Spoiler:
The house where the Shambler appears is burnt down in the end of the story - one of the most reasonable things to do, it looks like, when you encounter otherworldly entities!! ;)
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Well, it doesn’t matter now, but in one of the rooms there was a cupboard containing Corbitt’s diaries. They contained a spell for summoning a Dimensional Shambler!
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by evil_scientist »

Yikes...
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by evil_scientist »

Isadora should stick around for Fitzgerald's next novel for jokes about Theosophy ;)
Bilphism: Religion based on reincarnation which Fitzgerald invented as a parody of theosophy; in "The Beautiful and the Damned" Catherine Gilbert is a Bilphist. In 1922 Fitzgerald explained to Dr. Frank H. Vizetelly, editore of the Funk and Wagnall's Standard Dictionary: "Bilphism is a coinage of my own. It is a euphemism for Theosophy – I wanted to take a crack at theosophy without hurting the feelings of a relative of mine. Several people have inquired about it. So I guess it will enter no dictionary."
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

I think she'll survive to see 1922! ;) She might change her opinion of Fitzgerald though.

I tried reading The Great Gatsby. I couldn't get through it at all.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

I like your Dead Light character by the way. I'm doing mine now.

Isadora would be good to include, but I insist you bring her back for my next mystery.
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by evil_scientist »

HoneyDog wrote:I like your Dead Light character by the way. I'm doing mine now.

Isadora would be good to include, but I insist you bring her back for my next mystery.
Looking forward to game alongside you as players as well!

Sure, she now has a taste for investigation ;)
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Well, you both managed to avoid the far more awful horrors that awaited. I don't think you'll be so lucky next time.

Return to “The Haunting”