Scene Five: Landfall in Japan

The disappearance of a New York socialite might, on an ordinary day, simply become the subject of gossip column nattering and speculation.
This, though, is no ordinary day. Veronica Chadwick’s disappearance is but a single link in a chain of events that envelops the investigators in a web of terror and madness that might end with their deaths – or might never end at all…

Moderator: Priest

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: Scene Five: Landfall in Japan

Post by Mr. Handy »

Tony also bows slightly to Jennifer. "Yes, thank you Miss Toganama," he says, tipping his hat. "I'm glad for your help too, and that sounds like a reasonable offer. I'm Tony Esposito."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by kabukiman »

Francis takes his hat to show his respect, will mumble "madam" but won't bow.
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by Priest »

Jennifer returns the bows, "The first thing is that I must apologise for the rudeness of the officers, especially to you madame"
She turns to where a tattoed crew member is stuffing female attire back into a case.
"Foreigners are barely tolerated in Imperial Japan, and a special dislike is reserved for Americans and British, whom they see as arrogant and ill mannered" She smiles at you, "But I told them that they should be above such petty displays given their position"
Again she bows, this time towards the hovering customs officer, and says something in Japanese, before turning back towards you.
"I asked him to forgive you for your lack of knowledge concerning guns and Japanese law. It seems that he is satisfied that you have all been humiliated enough, so they will confiscate the weapons and leave. So how can I assist you?"
Paul Wellington,You can confirm that she did indeed say that with a few extra words such as 'ignorant', 'disrespectfull' and 'foreign devils' and you guess she wasn't referring to the officials.
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 10 months

Post by BenTheRat »

Ted Nelson
"Thanks ma'am much obliged." Ted says, tipping his had towards the young lady with a nod of his head. "I hate giving up my pistol, I feel a bit naked out here now. Where we are going might be considered a bit dangerous, don't you want to know what you're signing up for?"
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
PatGrillo
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 10 years 11 months

Post by PatGrillo »

Professor Krugman: Indeed, er, Miss. We are most honoured to make your acquaintance. (He attempts to replicate the polite half-bow.)
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Jennifer acknowledges the bow from the professor and the polite gesture from Ted. She smiles to you both, a charming smile that makes her eyes light up in a most delighful way.
"Thank you, honourable sirs, you will find that here in Japan there is little need of pistols as we are not afflicted by Gangsters as in the USA. But you speak of danger, why and where are you headed?"
- Anais Nin
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Post by DrVendetta »

Paul looks around at everyone who is still standing fairly close and watching this situation and suggest after recieving his papers back from the lead custom's official "Maybe we could find a more private place to carry on this conversation"
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr Creedy, and ideas are Bulletproof"
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Francis mumbles to himself:
"They insult us, they treat us like criminals and say we are arrogant? Those guys don't have a mirror?"
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Jennifer nods at Paul's suggestion, and politely ignores the grumbling Francis,
"Of course, there is a small but comfortable tavern a few minutes from here. I am sure that we can talk more easily there"

The customs officials having handed back your papers are starting to move towards a small hut on the dockside. With their departure the crowd of beggars are beginning to shuffle towards you, hands held out in the universal sign for money.
Towards the back of the crowd a chap dressed in a once white linen jacket with a New York taxi drivers cap perched on his head is waving with one hand while pointing with the other towards an ancient looking Model T cab.
- Anais Nin
PatGrillo
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by PatGrillo »

Professor Krugman: A tavern? Oh dear! I thought Japan, if anything was renowned for its TEA... Oh well...
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Maybe they have tea in taverns in Japan," says Tony.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Jennifer laughs, a sound that enhances her appeal, "Of course a tea shop if you prefer. I thought that being American you might like something more American. Either way I think it best we procur a Taxi" she nods towards the approaching crowd of beggars and sellers of curios.
- Anais Nin
PatGrillo
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by PatGrillo »

Professor Krugman: Not all Americans are savages you know my dear... Just most of them. (He makes the nearest thing he can to a smile.)
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Post by DrVendetta »

Paul, carrying his bag, continues to follow Jennifer taking in all that he can see and hear. He is still beside himself that he has finally followed through on his dream of visiting foriegn exotic lands.
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr Creedy, and ideas are Bulletproof"
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 10 months

Post by BenTheRat »

Ted Nelson
"I can pass on the tea, after that ship ride, I need something a little stiffer, its good to be on dry land." Ted waves at a taxi, ignoring the beggers around him, but also making sure his wallet is safe.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I'd rather go to the tavern myself, too," says Tony, collecting his luggage and heading with the others to the assembled taxicabs. "It'll be nice to just walk into a place and buy a drink for a change. Back in the States, you can still get it, but it's more expensive and not as good, and you have to go through all this rigamarole."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Francis pay attention to the details near him. He is already thinking about a book with beggars full of deformities that may transform themself in something else.
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

With the demure form of Jennifer leading the way, and showing a determined roughness as she forces her way through the ever increasing throng, you make your way over to the taxi. And with your luggage safely aboard, you, somewhat cramped, suddenly find yourselves driven at a breakneck speed along the dockside, up a narrow side street into a road cammed with vehicles of all shapes and sizes.
The driver pulls down his window and spits a stream of Japanese, which Paul assures you is not to be translated in front of ladies, and bullies his way forward.
Eventually he stops outside a wooden building that bears a small sign of a willow tree.
"Ah" says Jennifer already turning the door handle to escape the confined space of the taxi, "We are here."
As you begin to exit the cab, she smiles, "Gentlemen, although here in Japan this is a tavern, you may find it unlike any tavern you have visited in America"
- Anais Nin
PatGrillo
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by PatGrillo »

Professor Krugman: Well I'll say! And that was certainly unlike any ride I've experienced in America.
jbibblesworth
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 9 years 10 months

Post by jbibblesworth »

Bridget exits the cab and keeps pace with Jennifer, completely uninterested in the tavern.

"Jennifer, do you know anything about the Aokigahara forest?" she inquires.

Return to “A Dream of Japan”