Page 1 of 1

IC-Ep 3-Fury From the Deep(Everyone else)

Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:10 am
by Mr. Handy

Dunwich Beach - Dunwich, England
2:35 PM - Thursday, September 5, 1985

Leonek drove down the street to the phone booth, where Raymond and Salem squeezed into the vehicle. With it now fully loaded, he turned around and drove back to the beach. Luckily the Land Rover had four-wheel drive, so it had no problem going over the sandy, rocky surface. Leonek made his way back down the beach and pulled up past Horsham's shack, close to where the land came to an end at the base of the cliffs. The small boat was right where they had left it.

Re: IC-Ep 3-Fury From the Deep(Everyone else)

Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:36 pm
by DrPeterson
"We should takes some paddles from the shack. And if Horsham is in, we should try to subdue him, but allow him the chance to get away. If he's innocent, he'll run to the police and that should attract sufficient attention from the fishmen. If he's with them, he'll put all those bad guys on our tail, giving the other a chance to liberate Dr. Kirby. Well, that's what I'd suggest anyway..."

Leonek stops the engine and shifts in his seat, his drying underwear causing him some discomfort, although Elizabeth's presence seems to be more unnerving.

Posted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:59 pm
by aine

Tobias sees Leonek shifting uncomfortably and is reminded, "Gee, I feel almost naked without a weapon; are we really going in empty handed?"

Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:25 am
by DetectiveSocks
"Anything you don't have you can find in the field. Anything you can't find you didn't need anyway," as Salem looks towards Tobias in a reassuring manner.

Salem adds to Leonek's statement, "Don't forget about lifejackets!"

Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:06 am
by MikeTheMoose
Chad tries to reassure Tobias. "Don't worry old boy. I've still got my trusty Luger, so not totally empty handed."

Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:18 am
by DetectiveSocks
Salem raises an eyebrow, "A Luger? That's quite the antique you're handling there. I hear they run for quite a bit of cash these days, especially after the Second World War." Salem rummages around in his satchel and hands two 9mm magazines to Chad, "I imagine you must've paid an arm and a leg for it," Salem closely studies Chad's scars, "...And your face as well," Salem gives a timid smile, as he jumps out the cramped car and move towards Horsham's shack.

Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:19 pm
by aine
Tobias barely disguises his disgust, "Bloody hell, what an organisation." He mutters, but only Lucius and Story, sitting next to him, overhear. He awaits his turn and then jumps down onto the sand.

Posted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:41 am
by jaysun81
Story merely smiles at Tobias and patiently awaits his turn to exit the vehicle. His thoughts dwell on the violence that is sure to occur in the moments to come.

Posted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:57 am
by Mr. Handy
One by one, the group emerged from the Land Rover.
OOC,The magazines don't fit the Luger, but the bullets could be extracted manually and loaded into an empty Luger magazine (if it becomes empty). Everyone approaching the shack may roll Listen.

Posted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:34 pm
by DrPeterson
Leonek leaves the engine running and gets out of the car, making towards the shack.
Listen 45% success!,[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:25 pm
by Mr. Handy
Leonek Novak,[b]Leonek[/b] could hear someone moving around inside the shack.

Posted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:37 pm
by DetectiveSocks
Listen 25%,[dice]0[/dice]
OOC,InvisibleCastle is down :[

Posted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:50 am
by jaysun81
Story walks over to the shack with the others.
Listen 34%,[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:16 am
by Mr. Handy
Story,[b]Story[/b] could hear someone moving around inside the shack. From the sound of the footsteps, whoever it was walked with a shuffling gait.

Posted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:01 am
by DrPeterson
Leonek slowed down, signalling to the others that there was one individual in the shack. He then proceeded to make a gun with his hands, quietly suggesting the people with the guns go inside.

Posted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:08 am
by aine
Tobias shrugs and falls to the back of the group. He scans the surrounding area and the sea.
rolls,Listen = 53 Spot Hidden = 64 (fails) (I used D&Moody but haven't learnt how to get the links for the rolls yet, sorry)

Posted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:16 am
by yockenthwaite
Elizabeth walks with the others, and seeing Leonek's signal makes sure that she is really quiet. She looks around for any sign of life, or anyone watching or following them.
OOC,Trying Listen roll (stat 34%) [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:52 pm
by Thorn
Brook also proceeds with caution as Leonek signals.

Posted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:40 pm
by DetectiveSocks
Salem follows Leonek's lead, however, as he crouches down to stay alert, a stabbing pain spreads in his upper body from the drowning incident, and leaves Salem uncomfortable.

Posted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:42 pm
by MikeTheMoose
roll listen,IC is down, you'll have to trust me. (Rummages through mansions of madness to find his ten sided die. ) 69 fail
After taking the extra magazines Chad follows the others out of the Rover. After freeing himself from the crowded vehicle he once again readies his pistol. He looks at the shack briefly sizing up the geography and architecture to determine how best to make a tactical approach that would accomplish their goals. The resident may be disposed to flee, then again maybe not. They needed not to suffer casualties over the simple.
ooc,I'm having a hard time visualizing our approach. Can I get a scene description? I don't remember ever coming here

Posted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:37 am
by Mr. Handy
Elizabeth Young,[b]Elizabeth[/b] could hear someone moving around inside the shack.
OOC,I've activated the built-in dice roller for this forum, so you're free to use that if you wish. Unfortunately, there's no way to link individual rolls on Dark and Moody; it appears that those rolls were not logged anyway (I think you may have to be logged in for that to work). I gave a brief description of the area in the first post of [url=http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/pbp/viewtopic.php?f=233&t=4703]this thread[/url]; it's the same place where [b]Leonek[/b] and [b]Salem[/b] came ashore at the start of the chapter.

Posted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:21 pm
by DetectiveSocks
Salem crouches towards the shack, he ducks underneath the window of the shack, and gets ready to peak his head into the window once everybody is in position.

Posted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:08 pm
by MikeTheMoose
Chad observes Salem getting into position at the window. He then makes a similar approach to the entrance being as quiet as possible. [dice]0[/dice] Chad takes up position to the knob side of the door and crouches down ready to make a forced entry. Chad then focuses on Salem waiting for a signal.

Posted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:16 pm
by MikeTheMoose
:o

Suddenly Chad has a flashback to a crashing Helicopter.

Posted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:03 pm
by DetectiveSocks
MikeTheMoose,What are you rolling for? [b]Sneak[/b]? When I was sneaking up, I haven't made a [b]Sneak[/b] roll yet, unless [b]Mr.Handy[/b] asks me too.

Posted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:30 am
by aine
Tobias creeps around the back of the shack to check there are no secondary exits.

Posted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:27 am
by Mr. Handy
Salem Shields,[b]Salem[/b] peeked through the window and saw [b]Horsham[/b] shuffling through the store, apparently checking his inventory. His back was to both the window and the door at the moment.
Tobias Maddox,[b]Tobias[/b] circled around to the rear of the shack and saw that there was in fact a back door. A pair of trash cans flanked it, and they reeked of rotting fish.
OOC,That probably was a Sneak roll, in which case it definitely failed. You won't need to roll Sneak unless you're trying to enter the shack quietly. When you use the built-in dice roller, please include an OOC comment specifying what you're rolling for if I haven't asked for a roll or it isn't clear, as the dice roller doesn't have a Note field like Invisible Castle does.

Posted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:10 am
by DetectiveSocks
Salem signals a hushing gesture with his finger towards the group, indicating that Horsham is still in the shack.

Posted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:05 pm
by aine
Tobias waits, listening for the others to storm the shack. Then he'll push the trash cans in front of the back door to hopefully block it.

Posted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:21 pm
by yockenthwaite
Elizabeth nods in response to Salem, and stays as quiet as possible, at a distance from the shack.

Posted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:19 pm
by DrPeterson
In the meantime, Leonek sees if he can find a pair of paddles from where he is standing. They'd have to move quickly once Horsham bolted off.

Posted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:52 pm
by Mr. Handy
Leonek found that the upturned boats that were arrayed in front of the shack had paddles beneath them.

Posted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:59 pm
by MikeTheMoose
Chad nods to Salem as he gets set to make make entry. He waits for a go sign.
OOC,yes it was supposed to be sneak I'll mind the annotation for future posts. It was kind of a learner for me to use the embedded roller.

Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:16 am
by Thorn
Brook hunkers down next to Elisabeth. Looking towards the shack, she whispers: "I wish I had a bathing suit or something...."

Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:56 am
by yockenthwaite
Elizabeth smiles at Brook's comment, but says nothing in response, lest they be heard.

Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:17 am
by DetectiveSocks
As Salem watches everybody ducking cover against the wall, Salem tries to devise a plan as he looks at the sand and his damp wet clothes.
OOC,Is it possible when earlier I peaked into the window, I could use [b]Psychology[/b] to tell if [b]Horsham[/b] was either in a rush looking through his inventory, or not?

Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:31 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,No need to roll anything. He did not appear to be in any rush.

Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:41 am
by DetectiveSocks
Salem hunches over on the beach, and starts rubbing sand on his clothes and kneading the sand into his hair, as Salem tousles it. Looking at his companions without any approval, Salem makes sure everybody is concealed and in position. Salem fumbles through the front door, crashing into the floor and scrambling around for something to prop himself up, Salem looks up, feigning fear in his eyes "W-what are those things?!"

Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:13 am
by Mr. Handy
Horsham turned around when Salem burst in, startled. "What happened?" he asked. "Are you all right?"

Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:12 am
by DetectiveSocks
"I-I don't know, m-my friend and I were fishing. All of a sudden a big bang went off and something grabbed me into the water!" Pushing himself to relive those frightening moments when he barely wrestled his way out of the ocean.

Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:04 pm
by aine
Tobias quietly puts his ear to the shed wall so he can hear what's going on inside.

Posted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:22 am
by MikeTheMoose
Chad listens closely to the action. Maybe they should have come up with a signal for this little stunt. Oh well too late now. He pays close attention to the dialogue to determine if he needs to rush the scene.

Posted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:49 pm
by Mr. Handy
Horsham frowned. "Might have been a shark attack," he says, looking Salem over. "They been seen in these waters. You don't look bit, at least. Do you want me to call the doctor?" He glanced back at the phone on the counter.
OOC,[b]Tobias[/b], you'll be able to hear shouting and loud noises from behind the large shack, but you'll need to make a Listen roll to hear normal conversation.

Posted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:08 pm
by DetectiveSocks
Salem had remembered when visiting Horsham earlier today, he had noticed webbed fingers that were starting to develop on Horsham, "I need your boats! I gotta save my friend! I swear I saw somebody take my friend!"

Posted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:41 am
by jaysun81
Story patiently waits outside with the others.

Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:47 am
by Mr. Handy
"All right, I'm coming," said Horsham, shuffling towards the door. "Maybe it's a diver, but nobody rented any diving gear from me today. What happened to the boat you rented from me? Why can't we just use that?"

Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:52 am
by aine
Tobias listens,but can't hear anything yet. At least there's unlikely to be any mad gambits through the back door. He waits.

Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:52 pm
by DetectiveSocks
"The boat got turned over and I lost the paddles. Not a strong swimmer, so I flipped the boat over and paddled my way out with my hands." Salem pauses and catches his breath, "You'll think I'm crazy, but I swear someone or something grabbed my friend with claws and gills!" Salem, trying to gauge Horsham's reaction.

Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:52 pm
by yockenthwaite
Elizabeth watches and waits patiently and quietly, trying to make sense of what is going on, and rather wishing the plan had been explained to them all more clearly in advance!

Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:55 am
by Mr. Handy
Horsham's eyes widened. "I think you've been talking to too many drunken fishermen," he said as he reached the front door. "All right, let's go out and look for your friend."
OOC,[b]Salem[/b], please roll Psychology.

Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:16 am
by DetectiveSocks
Psychology Roll 75%,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4328435/]Success! 7%[/url]

Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:03 am
by DrPeterson
Leonek wonders what the hell is going on inside and moves closer to one of the boats, trying to give Horsham less incentive to escape via the sea.

Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:20 am
by Mr. Handy
Salem Shields,[b]Salem[/b] could tell that [b]Horsham[/b] was not really surprised by the description of the sea creature, but he did seem to be surprised that [b]Salem[/b] had survived an attack by one. There was a calculating glint in his eye, and [b]Salem[/b] got the impression that [b]Horsham[/b] intended to lead him into a trap by going out to sea with him.

Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:58 am
by DetectiveSocks
When Salem saw the look of deception in Horsham's eyes, he was a little disappointed as Salem had a deep genuine interest in helping this town and curing their illnesses. It may seem nobody in this town can be trusted. Salem looks around briefly for anything useful, like a rope or fishing net, "The boat is to your right mister," as Salem follows Horsham out the door.

Posted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:23 am
by Mr. Handy
Horsham stepped outside ahead of Salem, who did see lengths of rope and fishing nets hanging from the interior walls of the shop. Horsham was a thirtyish man in a gray fisherman's mackintosh and a matching hat that partially obscured his face. He was startled to see the large group of people assembled outside. "Quite a crowd here, eh?" he said.
OOC,Everyone except [b]Tobias[/b] (who is behind the store), [b]Leonek[/b], and [b]Salem[/b] (who already made this roll earlier), please roll Spot Hidden. [b]Tobias[/b] you can hear what's going on in front of the shop.

Posted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:20 pm
by Thorn
Please roll for me

Posted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:05 pm
by aine
Tobias shifts his weight and gets ready in case Horsham makes a break for it; he doesn't show himself yet.

Posted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:40 pm
by yockenthwaite
OOC: Rolling Spot Hidden (stat 38%) [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:51 am
by MikeTheMoose
Chad remembers the waitress in the bar. And feels like its time to clarify. He brings his Luger to bear on Horsham. "So yer not with the fishes then eh? Let's see your hands then! Spread them fingers wide!"

Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:41 am
by Mr. Handy
Brook noticed no more details.

Horsham stopped and raised his hands high above his head. his eyes wide in shock. "Wh-what do you think you're doing?!" he cried.
OOC,[b]Chad[/b], I'll still need that Spot HIdden roll.

Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:29 pm
by MikeTheMoose
roll,spot hidden (45) [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4332606/]18 success[/url]

Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:22 pm
by Mr. Handy
Chad Engraham,Though [b]Horsham[/b] held his hands with his palms forward, [b]Chad[/b] had managed to get a glimpse at their backs. He had slightly scaly skin and webbed fingers.

Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:22 pm
by jaysun81
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4332790/]Spot Hidden - 28% (1d100=19)[/url]

Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:05 pm
by Mr. Handy
Story,Though [b]Horsham[/b] held his hands with his palms forward,[b]Story[/b] had managed to get a glimpse at their backs. He had slightly scaly skin and webbed fingers. [spoiler][b]Story[/b], please roll Sanity. Sanity loss is 0/1d4.[/spoiler]

Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:22 pm
by jaysun81
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4332831/]Sanity - 82% (1d100=31)[/url]

Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:32 pm
by DetectiveSocks
Salem quickly grabs some rope from the shack, and proceeds to tie Horsham's hands behind his back, "Seems they're all eager to catch big game."

Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:50 am
by Mr. Handy
Horsham offered no resistance as Salem tied him up. "You'll never get away with this!" he protested.

Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:07 pm
by DrPeterson
"Quickly, into the boat!"

Leonek put the paddles into the boat and started pushing it out into the surf.

"We don't have much time."

Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:18 pm
by Thorn
Brook rises from her hiding place, and hurries to the boat, grimacing a little when she feels the water splash into her boots. Perhaps it would be better to take them off. She climbs into the boat and waits for the others.

Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:59 pm
by DetectiveSocks
"Wait! What are we going to do with him?!" As Salem finds a post or a chair to tie Horsham up into.

Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:06 am
by DrPeterson
"Just dump him in his shack so he can't warn anyone about us storming the cave and freeing the TARDIS!"

Leonek makes sure the last part of his sentence is pronounced loud and clear.

Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:19 am
by Mr. Handy
Salem tied Horsham to a post inside the main room of the shop.

The boat that Leonek had was a small one, with room for only two people, as were most of the other upended boats in front of the store. There were also two larger boats, capable of holding four, or five in a pinch. No one boat was big enough for everyone.
OOC,[b]Leonek[/b] and [b]Salem[/b], please roll Idea.

Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:10 am
by DrPeterson
Idea 90%,[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:34 am
by aine
Once Horsham is tied up, Tobias relaxes and looks around. He grimaces at the stench of rotting fish coming from the trash cans and then wonders if it is actually just fish inside. He steels himself, takes a deep breath and lifts the first lid for a look.

Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:41 am
by DetectiveSocks
Salem hastily looks around for a rag or a cloth to wrap around Horsham's mouth.
Idea Roll 80%,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4335778/]Success 79%[/url]

Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:42 pm
by jaysun81
Story though interested in what he noticed about Horsham chose to ignore it for the time being and proceeded to follow the others to the boats.

Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:33 pm
by yockenthwaite
Elizabeth heads towards the boats too.

Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:02 pm
by jaysun81
On second thought Story spins around heading for the shack and says, "Wait! Perhaps we should bring him with us. After all, he appears to be mutated and possibily connected to the creatures in the water. Taking him along will provide a hostage that could be traded for the TARDIS. If it came to that. Besides with or without him we are going to be attacked, and he might know a quicker route.".

Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:02 pm
by DrPeterson
Leonek's frowns worriedly and speaks up, his accent showing his obvious agitation.

"No no, that is bad idea! Ve have to svim underwater for a qvuite a stretch. Ve cjan't drag him along!"

He gets out of the boat again, looking rather silly in his undies with the knife strapped to his shin.

"If you vant to use him as hostage, people vill need to stay behind to guard him. If ve take him in the boat, they vill topple it from under the water and he will be free again!"

Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:42 pm
by jaysun81
Story stops and looks at Leonek and says, "Somethings not right! We've got a mutated human, and you're louding proclaiming where we're going as if you want this half-man, or perhaps someone else, to know exactly where we're going and what we're after. Not to mention the fact that you wish to leave him in the shack for someone to find him, assuming he doesn't just free himself first."

Story runs his hand through his hair before saying, "Perhaps it's best to leave someone behind."

Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:34 am
by DetectiveSocks
"I don't mind staying, I have some portable lab equipment back in the car to keep me busy. " Salem looks over to Horsham, "If we are going through this plan, I need a helping hand with me. I can't hold the fort by myself."

Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:21 am
by MikeTheMoose
Chad listening to the conversation tries to add a little perspective. "If we leave someone behind here with a hostage then they become a target and possible hostage themselves if the fish come to free Horsham. If we leave two people, they both might be captured if the Fish have observed us and come back here with any force. So either Horsham is moved to another location, and we are seriously short of secure locations where a hostage could be kept, as the doing so is suspicious to the normal folks and the fish alike in town, the inn is right out. Or everyone comes with to maximize our force and chance of success. Leaving someone here to be captured just seems silly." Chad begins moving toward the boat to join the team that is to swim to the TARDIS.

Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:54 am
by DetectiveSocks
Salem gives an amusing look to Chad, "You make it sound like we can't hold our ground. We're UNIT christ sakes, if the Brigadier heard you talk like a pansy, he'd probably make you drop and do twenty, whip your attitude back to shape."

Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:35 am
by Mr. Handy
Leonek and Salem both recalled that Horsham's shack had diving suits that could be useful. There were six of them, of varying sizes. There weren't enough for everyone in the group, which had nine people, but most of them could have one.

Salem found a rag and gagged Horsham with it.

Tobias lifted the lid and was struck by a wave of stench. One glance inside told him that it indeed contained rotting fish, and one whiff made him want to retch.
OOC,[b]Tobias[/b], please roll CON X 5.

Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:30 am
by DetectiveSocks
Salem resumes back into the shack, and begins to rummage around barrels, boxes, and front desk for anything useful.

Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:20 am
by Thorn
Brook looks a bit worried at Story, then towards Leonek. "Perhaps he's infected....like on Pluto."

Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:21 am
by aine
There is a loud retching noise as Tobias throws up. He wipes his mouth, furious with himself and walks around to the front of the shack with a face like green thunder.

Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:37 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,[b]Salem[/b], please roll Spot HIdden.

Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:12 am
by DetectiveSocks
Foraging around the shack, Salem may have found something interesting.
Spot Hidden 80%,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4338083/]Success 28%[/url]

Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:49 am
by DrPeterson
"Uhm, what? Ugh...He won't be found, no one ever comes here...."

Leonek frowns, scratches his hair, and paces around.

"Look, there's five or six diving suits in the shack. We can use those and then the three who stay behind can wait in the car with the prisoner, so they can drive away when things get hairy."

He looks around uncertainly.

"Is that a plan?"

Posted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:07 am
by Mr. Handy
Salem looked behind the counter. On a shelf below the cash register, he found a ledger that contained a listing of items sold and rented, the date and time, and a running tally of the money Horsham had taken in for them. The most recent entry matched his and Leonek's rental of the boat and purchase of fishing gear and bait. None of the entries for the last few days showed any diving equipment being rented.

Posted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:49 am
by aine
"Well I'm definitely going." Says Tobias shortly. "We'll need a techy down there." He says as an afterthought.

Posted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:20 am
by DetectiveSocks
The ledger appeared trivial in nature, and Salem couldn't think of anything useful to look into. Throwing it aside, Salem gathers up any equipments that may appear useful. Wet suits, knives, life jackets, scuba tanks, etc, and sets it outside by the boats.

Posted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:42 am
by Mr. Handy
Salem gathered the six diving suits with oxygen tanks, six knives, and nine life jackets.
Lucius Verres,Though [b]Horsham[/b] had held his hands with his palms forward, [b]Lucius[/b] had managed to get a glimpse at their backs. He had slightly scaly skin and webbed fingers.
OOC,[b]Lucius[/b] and [b]Raymond[/b] never made Spot Hidden rolls, so I rolled for them. Spot Hidden roll (57% skill) for [b]Lucius[/b]: [dice]0[/dice] Spot Hidden roll (25% base skill) for [b]Raymond[/b]: [dice]1[/dice] Sanity roll (current level 32) for [b]Lucius[/b]: [dice]3[/dice]

Posted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:54 pm
by DrPeterson
Leonek helps Salem carry the gear and quickly puts on one of the wetsuits, glad to be somewhat dressed again and he ties his knife to his left leg.

So? Shall we get going?

He carries his oxygen tank to the small boat and gets in.

Posted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:19 pm
by DetectiveSocks
"Hmmm, there's only six tanks and suits, and there's eight of us," Salem announces, "Like I said before, I'll stay behind and study our friend. Actually, he might know a thing or two around here," Salem makes his way back to the captive prisoner.

Posted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:36 am
by Mr. Handy
Leonek put on the largest of the diving suits, which fit him nicely.

Salem went back inside the store, where the gagged and bound Horsham glared at him with his big fishy eyes.
OOC,There are nine of you here, not eight.

Posted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:58 pm
by aine
Tobias quickly strips to his pants and takes a wet suit before anyone can say anything. He struggles to put it on, hopping from one leg to another. He straps on a weight belt, turns on his air for the tank and lifts it onto his shoulders and then grabs a mask and fins.

Posted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 2:53 pm
by Thorn
"Ive never used a diving suit before," Brook says. "Perhaps I can hitch a ride with someone wearing a suit, and I'll just try my best to hold my breath."

Posted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:06 pm
by yockenthwaite
"I've never used one either," says Elizabeth. "So those of us coming to the caves, and I presume that includes us TARDIS crew, all have to put on diving suits? If so can someone give us quick instructions on how to use one, particularly the breathing bit?" She smiles hopefully, and starts to look for a wetsuit that would fit her.

Posted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:11 am
by Mr. Handy
Elizabeth found a diving suit in her size.

"I haven't used one either," said Raymond, "but they look simple enough to use. I'm sure I can figure it out." He took a quick look at the SCUBA gear and assisted anyone who needed help with it.
OOC,That's three suits accounted for, but who gets the other three? Who is staying behind, if anyone, aside from [b]Salem[/b]?

Posted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:10 pm
by yockenthwaite
"Ok no peeking people as I put this on," says Elizabeth, grinning. She walks away from the group, trying to get a bit of privacy while she puts on the wet suit. She will try initially to put it on over her clothes (jumper and skirt if I remember correctly). Failing that she'll remove the top items - so long as no-one is looking - and have another go that way.

Posted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:38 am
by Mr. Handy
Elizabeth went around the side of the shack, between it and the base of the cliff, where she could get some privacy. She quickly found out that the diving suit wouldn't go on over the skirt, as the suit's legs separated high up, so she ended up having to put it on over her underwear.

Posted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:47 pm
by MikeTheMoose
Chad looks at the remaining wetsuits attempting to find one in his size to put on. "Yes it seems at someone needs to stay behind. Not that I'm fond of the idea mind you but it does seem necessary. I do expect we will meet resistance down there though. My swimming isn't necessarily any better than a duffer. Perhaps I should have tried a bit harder on it in pilots training."
OOC,sorry about the delay, seasonal merriment caused my memory to lapse.

Posted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:22 pm
by Mr. Handy
Chad found a suit in his size and put it on, while Story and Lucius wore the remaining two suits since Brook had declined one. Raymond helped Lucius with the unfamiliar apparatus, and Brook waited around the corner with Elizabeth while the men changed.

The wet suits covered the torso, though they left most of the arms and legs exposed. There was a transparent mask worn on the face that was hooked up to the oxygen tank, which was worn strapped to the back. The suits were watertight but not uncomfortable, and while they were not designed for deep sea diving, they would suffice for the group's purposes. Each one also had a waterproof electric torch clipped on to the front made to work underwater. There happened to be three each of two different sizes. Story, Lucius, and Leonek had the larger ones, while Elizabeth, Chad, and Tobias had the smaller ones. Elizabeth also had the only one of the six suits shaped to fit a woman.

"While I'd truly like to come with the rest of you and see this...TARDIS," said Raymond, "I can't leave Salem here by himself, so I'll stay with him and watch the prisoner. We'll have the Land Rover nearby in case we need to get out in a hurry, but we'll try to stay here and await your return." He motioned to the six knives that had been gathered. "I don't need one of those, as I still have my pistol, but the rest of you should each take one. They'll be of more use underwater anyway. Since there's seven of you going, you can take Leonek and Salem's smaller boat and one of the larger boats out to the cave. Good luck, everyone. I have a feeling you're going to need it."
OOC,[b]Lucius[/b] and [b]Leonek[/b] already have knives, so there's enough for everyone else except [b]Salem[/b] to each take one if you want it.

Posted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:02 am
by DetectiveSocks
Looking though the window of the shack, Salem gives a relaxed salute to the rest of the team, "Good hunting," under his breath. Salem resumes back to studying the abnormalities of Horsham's condition.

Posted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:19 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,[b]Salem[/b], please roll Medicine.

Posted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:52 am
by DrPeterson
"Good luck to you too!"

Leonek pushes the smaller boat into the water and, after someone else has boarded, starts rowing towards the cave.

"Be careful, last time we were out, one of those things toppled our boat like it was nothing."

Posted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:06 pm
by jaysun81
Story looks at his companions and says, "While we've only heard that there are monsters in the water we know they are there. Have no fear...stay alert. Be prepared for anything."

Posted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:05 pm
by DetectiveSocks
"So how long you've been looking like this for?" Removing the cloth off of Horsham's mouth, Salem studies the strange bulging eyes that seems to express malicious intent.
Medicine 80%,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4345432/]Success 37%[/url]

Posted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:31 pm
by Mr. Handy
"A few years," Horsham said. "What's it to you? Got a problem with the way I look, do you?"
Salem Shields,[b]Horsham[/b] had features that seemed like they belonged to a fish or an amphibian, only they were not complete. It was almost as though he was partway between man and some sort of aquatic or amphibian creature. Nothing about this matched the symptoms of any known disease, and it definitely seemed to be genetic in nature. Comparing notes on his condition with [b]Dr. Kirby[/b] would most likely be very enlightening. There was not much more he could tell about [b]Horsham[/b] without running tests and examining him in a lab or medical facility, though the portable pathology lab in the Land Rover could be helpful for taking and analyzing samples.
OOC,Which one of you will be going in the small boat with [b]Leonek[/b]? The rest can fit in the large boat. Once someone decides, I can move things along. Also, is there anyone who doesn't already have a knife that [i]doesn't[/i] want to take one of the knives? They all come with sheathes that can be attached to the belt of a diving suit (or a regular belt, if you don't have a diving suit).

Posted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:28 am
by DetectiveSocks
"A few years? You don't seem like you want to get any better." Salem digs around in his pockets, looking for a flashlight to examine Horsham's unusual eyes and test his pupil dilations.
OOC,I believe I still have my Forensics Kit and Portable Lab equipment in the Land Rover, may I use that?

Posted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:38 pm
by yockenthwaite
Elizabeth nods in response to Story. "I'm not fond of weapons," she says to him, "as you know. But I don't know how dangerous this might get. So I think, for once, I will take a knife." She takes one of the knives, reluctantly, looking at it with some concern.

Posted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:54 pm
by Mr. Handy
Salem didn't have a flashlight; everything he had been carrying had been lost when he had been unceremoniously dumped into the sea, except for the contents of his pockets, which had been thoroughly drenched.

Horsham glared at him. "I'm getting better all the time," he said.

Elizabeth attached one of the knives in its sheath to her diving suit's belt and inspected the knife. The blade was eight inches long and very sharp. In addition to being a potential weapon, it could also be useful as a cutting tool.
OOC,Yes, [b]Salem[/b], you may use the portable lab. I'd edited that into the post above last night when I remembered it, but you probably read it before I made the edit. If you want to take a blood sample from him and analyze it using the lab, please roll Biology, though it will take some time to get results.

Posted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:05 pm
by Thorn
Brook nods at Story, and also picks out a knife. She removes her boots in the boat as they row.

Posted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:48 am
by MikeTheMoose
Chad takes one of the knives, and attaches it to his wetsuit using his belt. "My Luger will be fine enough once we get dry, but won't be much good under the waves. No need for me to be in that little boat I think. I'll ride with the rest in the bigger one." Chad moves to push the larger boat out to sea.

Posted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:35 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,[b]Story[/b] and his companions will probably want to all stay together in the big boat. [b]Tobias[/b], will you go in the small boat with [b]Leonek[/b]?

Posted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:06 am
by DrPeterson
OOC:,Leonek finally got dressed and now no one wants to sit next to him. What sort of lesson should I take from this? :D

Posted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:51 pm
by MikeTheMoose
OOC,I'm not devoted to the big boat. I'll go with Leonek if that helps.

Posted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:35 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,[b]Raymond[/b] and [b]Salem[/b] are moving to the thread linked below.
The Prisoner
OOC,Everyone else is moving to the thread linked below.
Warriors of the Deep