Lounge Car

These cars are attached in the following order from the Sleeping Cars to the Kitchen Car and are intended for the guests to mingle: the Lounge Car (nonsmoking), the Bar Car (smoking), and the Dining Car (smoking). Please remember that even if you're just passing through you need to post in each car that you pass and briefly skim the prior three posts to see if your character is about to pass through a firefight.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Re: Lounge Car

Post by Laraqua »

Svetlana gives a curt nod. "Incredibly efficient, I find. I wonder what you mean by crazy, though? Do you mean on this trip? Have you been in the private car? I hear it is a roving museum."
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Seon
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 7 months

Post by Seon »

"No I have not," Jonathan says. "But there were these... fascinating posters... that did something to the poor conductor and some other people in the train," he pauses. "On hindsight, perhaps I should've saved one of them. It gave one a headache simply by looking at them."

"No, I have never been inside the Private Car, although I would like to see who travels within one. Perhaps we will get lucky and he or she will venture forth from the private car before long. You seem to be familiar with the German authorities and is an acquaintance of Mr. Haydrich? Curious, have you ever seen them in action?" Jonathan says.
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

Lily blinks, shakes her head, and smiles sheepishly at Elena. "Goodness, I'm sorry! I may not have dreamed, but I'm so tired this morning!"
Keeper,Don't lie, Lily, we all know you experienced a temporary blue screen of death caused by too many pretty women.
I'm a smooth criminal and a neurotic lawyer with a crush on a pretty-boy author, and I'm being controlled by my creepy older brother (twice!) while I worry about not having a can opener.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Svetlana gazes at him smokily. "Define ... action?"

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

Jonathan narrows his eyes slightly before responding.

"The action in which it is generally better to reach its conclusion and thus, the climax of the adventure, in shortest time and smallest route as possible, as opposed to a long and drawn out one where many different routes may be taken to reach its end."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Svetlana legitimately looks taken aback. It's the first real emotion she's displayed thus far. All the other ones seemed staged. "I have seen a few speeches, presentations, and even a drill. I'm not privy to any other sort of actions they might undertake during their general duties."

Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

"Ah, shame," Jonathan says, eyes swiftly returning to normal. He almost looks disappointed. "I was hoping for an exciting story of brave law enforcement officials solving crimes and mysteries and chasing down blackguards," Jonathan says. "But I guess such adventures only exist in the world of cinema and not in the real world. You have seen them drill before? I have heard that it was a sight to see."

"Ach, well, so how are Mr. Heydrich... Her Heydrich... err... Mr. Heydrich's underlings like? I wonder why they are moving east on the Orient Express. Perhaps they are on a special mission from the Fuhrer himself?" he chuckles at the unlikely thought. "Now that would be exciting."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Svetlana gives a sigh that raises and drops her shoulders in the manner of a theatrical shrug. "They would not tell me such things. I am sure that it is all merely bureaucratic and nothing to be concerned about." Her smile is humourless. "After all, we are aboard the Orient Express. What could possibly go wrong?" She casts her gaze across the compartment, pausing on Lily Gavigan, before returning her attention to Mr. Parker. "Unless you have noticed something strangely exciting about the other passengers?"

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Elena listens intently to the conversation, though Jonathan's whispers are too soft for her to hear. "It's perfectly all right, Lily," says Elena. "I can understand all too well. I don't think anyone on this train got a good night's sleep."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

Svetlana's attention has not escaped Lily's notice; she looks back at her with a smile (visibly nervous) before she shrugs at Elena. "Well, I hope tonight will go better for all of us. Those strange flyers have been taken down, at least."

She pauses, frowning. "Oh. I was supposed to come here to fetch some tea. I hope my brother doesn't think I've gotten myself into trouble!"
I'm a smooth criminal and a neurotic lawyer with a crush on a pretty-boy author, and I'm being controlled by my creepy older brother (twice!) while I worry about not having a can opener.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"What sort of trouble does he think you'll get into, here on the Orient Express?" asks Elena. "Is he worried about men paying too much attention to you?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

"Actually, yes, that's part of it." Lily laughs awkwardly, clearly not out of amusement. "I had one conversation with that Lord Linscott last night, and now Charles is alone with him in our compartment. I pity him, I really do. He didn't mean me any harm."
Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

Jonathan raises an eyebrow and looks towards Ms. Gavigan. "Ah," he says. He almost seems to want to add something else, before thinking better of it and turning away.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Svetlana reaches for her cup of tea and then seems to think better of it, placing her gloved hands together on the table. "I had hoped to spend time in Berlin ... I hear they have the most marvellous jewellers and dressmakers around now that they have gotten rid of all the undesirables." A slow smile crosses her face as she watches Parker closely. "It is the best thing that Herr Hitler could have done."

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Oh, poor Lord Linscott!" says Elena. "How does your brother expect you to ever get married if he scares off any man who shows interest in you? Well, he doesn't need to be around you all the time. I'll act as your chaperone in his absence if you like. If any man shows unwanted attention towards you, I can divert him. And if you want the attention, I can look the other way."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

Lily smiles at Elena, though she's clearly uncomfortable. "I appreciate the offer, but actually, ah... I think he's trying to get Lord Linscott to marry me. Not that I want to! But he thinks I do."
Keeper,[i]Would it really be so bad, though? He seems like a nice enough man... with money... and he didn't know Charles previously...[/i]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Why is it that men always believe they know what women are thinking?" says Elena with a smirk. "They have a hard enough time figuring out other men."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Airbornexo
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Post by Airbornexo »

The old archaeologist takes a last slurp from his coffee cup and grabbing a slice of toast from his plate follows the officer out of the car.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Lounge Car, Munich, 10:18
The lounge car is decorated in the Art Nouveau style with many a decorative flourish, particularly on the rich mahogany ceiling panels. Fresh flowers adorn the tables, at the moment blue orchids, with beautiful lamps adorning the window sills. Each table holds two very wide, oh so comfortable, arm chairs made with a blue-grey upholstery. The chairs are so large that they limit the number of people who can fit around the tables and therefore within the Lounge Car itself but on the plus side the chairs are perfectly comfortable and would be perfect for a quick snooze. As the train sits quietly at the station, the lounge car seems strangely sad and disturbed, as though it had been abandoned and cut off from all the world around it.
Svetlana smiles at Lily. "Is your brother involved in munitions, by any chance?"

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Elena listens with interest, not wanting to interrupt.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Social Cars”