IC-Chapter 1-Changes(Bill Johns/Gains/Yeager/Rawlings)

Bill Johns and several other people attempt to understand the significance of the appearance of a new drug named Morpheus and its use in an experiment with college students as test subjects.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

IC-Chapter 1-Changes(Bill Johns/Gains/Yeager/Rawlings)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Police Headquarters, Franklin Square - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
8:30 PM - Wednesday, July 16, 1969

Bill Johns got into the elevator and went down to the basement, where the holding cells were located. When it arrived, the doors slid open to let him out.

A hall led to a large metal door with a barred window. In front of this door sat another sergeant at a desk.

"Go right in," said the sergeant when Bill showed his badge. He pressed a switch, and the metal door slid open with a rumbling sound. The hallway continued beyond it.

Bill went through the door and down the hall, into a guard room. Two uniformed policemen stood guard there, one a young black man about six feet tall, the other one pasty-faced, chubby, and a head shorter. The hallway continued beyond the guard room into a cell block. Several wooden doors lined the sides of the guard room, and a payphone was in one corner.

"In there," said the black cop when Bill asked where Brian Anderson was, pointing to one of the wooden doors. Unlike the others, it was open. "The priest went upstairs with Sergeant Rawlings a few minutes ago, but his lawyer is still with him."

Bill could see into the small, square interview room. The only furniture was a wooden table and two matching chairs, one in front of it and one behind it. Brian Anderson sat on the chair behind the table, wearing a gray prison uniform. A man in a suit and tie in his thirties also stood in the room, and Bill recognized him as the man he had seen outside Lenny's Bar.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Re: IC-Chapter 1-Changes(Bill Johns/Alan Gains)

Post by Philulhu »

"Who's the lawyer?" asked Bill. "Either of you guys seen him before?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Some dude named Gains," said the black officer. "Never seen him before tonight."

"Me neither," said the chubby cop with a shrug. "He's a lawyer. They come and go all the time."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Bill tried to remember some of the police procedure from the 70's era cop shows he'd watched like Kojak and Starsky & Hutch. As far as he could remember, most of the cops had a scant disregard for procedure but with the lawyer there, he didn't think he'd getting away with anything so decided to play it straight.

He walked into the cell, and announced, "I'm Detective Sergeant Johns. You must be Mr... ..." He left the question hanging for the lawyer to answer.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,It's not actually one of the cells, it's an interrogation room. The cell block is further back, past the guard room.
"Alan Gains," said the lawyer, returning Bill's handshake. "I'm representing Brian Anderson, Sergeant."
OOC,[b]Bill[/b], roll Psychology to get an impression of him.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Re: IC-Chapter 1-Changes(Bill Johns/Alan Gains/Sgt. Rawlings)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Sergeant Charlie Rawlings returned to the interrogation room.
OOC,[b]Charlie[/b], you may roll Psychology as well for your impression of [b]Alan Gains[/b]. I already rolled one for your impressions of [b]Brian[/b] the last time you were here (as an NPC), and I'll fill you in on both after you roll.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Zubayda
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 14 years 9 months

Post by Zubayda »

OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2171577/]Psychology roll Skill 55 (1d100=84)[/url]

Charlie Rawlings
nods to Bill Johns and then beckons him over with a small jerk of his head.
Last edited by Zubayda on Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2172362/]Psychology roll - so who's this [b]Gains[/b] dude? (1d100=7)[/url]
Bill shook Gains' hand. He'd recognised the lawyer from the bar and was looking for any sign of recognition in the man's face.

He turned to greet Sergeant Rawlings when he entered the room and moved across to speak to him.
Last edited by Philulhu on Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Only [b]Charlie Rawlings[/b] has arrived so far; [b]Yeager[/b] isn't here yet.
Bill Johns,[b]Bill[/b] could tell that [b]Alan Gains[/b] carried himself as someone who was well-to-do and confident, though not at the top of his profession. He looked with interest at [b]Charlie[/b]'s revolver in his belt holster, as if he were a connoisseur. He seemed the type who was dedicated to his clients, and he was very curious - especially about [b]Bill[/b], from the way he looked at him. He also seemed to have something else on his mind, but something that wasn't entirely unrelated to this case. He looked at both [b]Bill[/b] and [b]Charlie[/b] with respect.
Sergeant Charlie Rawlings,[b]Charlie[/b] had noticed that [b]Brian[/b] carried himself with an air of bravado, but it was just a mask. Inside, he was confused, desperate, and downright terrified. His eyes showed that he knew that his life was ruined, and that nothing would ever be the same for him again. And behind them there burned an intense thirst for revenge on [b]Bill[/b], who he believed had wronged him. This was apparent from the way he was staring at him.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Zubayda
Layman
Layman

Post by Zubayda »

"So Bill how's our guest enjoying his party?"
Charlie said this loud enough for Brian to hear but under his breathe he muttered to Bill, "He looks ready to break, as the new Detective Sgt would you like first go?"
Last edited by Zubayda on Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

OOC,Edited my OP for idiocy! :(
"Have a seat, counsellor," said Bill to Gains as he took his own seat opposite Brian. He looked Brian in the eye for a moment and said, "So, Brian - attempted murder and drug dealing? What have you got to say for yourself?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Remember, you don't have to say anything," advised Alan Gains.

Brian looked at Bill with rage all over his face. "I never tried to kill you or anyone else, and you know it!" he said. "I've never even seen you before tonight! I knew you had to be one of them. Why the hell are you doing this to me? Why do you have it in for me?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Zubayda
Layman
Layman

Post by Zubayda »

Charlie shook out a cigarette, lit it and slowly dragged on it. Leaning on the table he blew the smoke slowley out.
"One of who Brian? What makes you think this is a conspiracy? We are the good guys here!"
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Bill sat waiting for Brian's reply. His eyes flicked across to study Gain's face, to see if there was any reaction to the charges.
OOC,Any reaction? Psychology roll: [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2177235/]Givin' Gains the eye... (1d100=19)[/url]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Brian gave a dry laugh at Charlie's remark. "I meant he's one of you," he said. "A cop. The good guys?!" He snorted. "You can actually say that with a straight face after framing me for attempted murder?"

"What evidence do you have of this alleged attempted murder, Detective...?" Gains asked Bill.
Bill Johns,You already succeeded at a Psychology roll when you met [b]Gains[/b] (and it was an exceptional success at that), so you didn't need to roll again. [b]Bill[/b] could see that [b]Gains[/b] was curious about him, and probably suspicious as well. He seemed very skeptical of the attempted murder charge.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Re: IC-Chapter 1-Changes(Bill Johns/Gains/Yeager/Rawlings)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Lieutenant John Yeager entered the guard room. Looking into the small, square interrogation room, he saw Brian seated in the uncomfortable chair behind the wooden table. His lawyer, the man he recognized from outside Lenny's Bar who had tailed him in the taxicab, stood next to him. Bill and Charlie were facing them from across the table, questioning Brian.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
seanarcher
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 14 years 10 months

Post by seanarcher »

John opens the door and lets himself in, he looks directly at Brian, he then walks up to the table placing both hands on it, his expression is one of disgust "Right you little maggot, we've got you with a bag full of candy and daddy's dream juice. You'll be doing 5-7 easy let alone what you'll get for an attempted murder on a police sergeant!" John leans closer to Brain as he talks.
OOC,John wants to intimidate Brain, if his lawyer speaks up he'll have words for him as well
OOC,Did we bust Brian just to bust him or was the arrest part of a bigger operation? Do we know if Brain makes his own drugs or are we aware that someone is supplying him?
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

"I'd call trying to blow up a policemen with a grenade a murder attempt, wouldn't you counsellor? I'm sure there will be plenty of forensic evidence to support me," replied Bill. It should enough to see Brian here spend the rest of his natural life behind bars."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Lieutenant John Yeager and Sergeant Charlie Rawlings,Busting [b]Brian[/b] is the beginning, but it's likely that he doesn't produce the drugs himself, or at least not all of them. Getting evidence against his supplier is important.
Brian shrank back in his seat, still terrified from his earlier interrogation by Charlie. "Grenade?!" he said confused. "That's crazy! Look, I never tried to kill you. If I did, I'd confess, okay?"

Alan Gains put a hand on Brian's shoulder. "You don't have to answer any questions you don't want to," he said to Brian. "And don't confess to anything. Don't let them frighten you." He looked skeptically at Bill. "Really, a grenade? I take it that it didn't detonate, or I'd know about it. I'd like to see this so-called forensic evidence."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

"So you were there, counsellor," replied Bill with a steady tone of voice, "Perhaps you'd like to tell us what you were doing in a dive like Lenny's?"

Return to “Chapter 1”