IC-Chapter 1-Changes(Bill Johns/Gains/Yeager/Rawlings)

Bill Johns and several other people attempt to understand the significance of the appearance of a new drug named Morpheus and its use in an experiment with college students as test subjects.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: IC-Chapter 1-Changes(Bill Johns/Gains/Yeager/Rawlings)

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I wasn't in Lenny's," said Alan Gains. "I was walking down the street towards my office, which is only a block or two away, when I saw you fellows arresting Mr. Anderson, Sergeant Johns."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
seanarcher
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 14 years 10 months

Post by seanarcher »

John stares at Brain, a vein visibly pulses on the side of his forehead, but his voice is calm "Brian, what you need to do, is tell me who it is that supplies you with your little bag of goodies..." John glances up at Gains then back to Brian"...or would you prefer me to go to your daddy and ask him?" John straightens up and puts his hands into his jacket pocket.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Post by Philulhu »

Mr. Handy wrote:"I wasn't in Lenny's," said Alan Gains. "I was walking down the street towards my office, which is only a block or two away, when I saw you fellows arresting Mr. Anderson, Sergeant Johns."
Bill said nothing, merely raised a speculative eyebrow to show he doubted the lawyer's word.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"No, don't do that!" said Brian, shrinking back into his chair. "Look, I'll tell you whatever you want to know, okay!"

"Before my client gives you the information you're looking for," said Alan Gains, "we need to be clear what he's getting in return. He's not giving away something for nothing. So, Lieutenant, as Monty Hall is so fond of saying - let's make a deal."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Zubayda
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 14 years 9 months

Post by Zubayda »

"Here's the 'deal' Brian," replied Charlie, " You tell us what we want to know or we tell your Dad what you don't want him to know!"
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

When Brian paused and didn't answer, Bill slammed his hand down sharply on his desk. "What's the delay, Brian? Been helping yourself to your dad's chemicals? You better answer or we'll be talking to the university! You're dad won't last two minutes if they find out!"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Brian jumped in his seat, but Alan Gains put a reassuring hand on his shoulder. "Don't say anything yet," he said. "If you tell them now, you'll lose any leverage you have. If they tell your father, they'll lose any hold they have over you. Let me work out a deal with them, and then you can share what you know."

"No, I'll talk!" said Brian. "Just don't tell my dad or get him in trouble, please!"

"Mr. Anderson, I advise you to-"

"The guy's name is Leo Ribisi, okay! He supplies me with all my stuff - except for Morpheus, of course. He's connected, understand? You've gotta protect me! If he finds out I squealed on him, I'm a dead man!"

Alan Gains put his face in his hand.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
seanarcher
Layman
Layman

Post by seanarcher »

OOC,Does John know this Leo Ribisi at all?
With a triumphant "Yes!" John slams his hand on the table "Right Mr Anderson we're not going to offer any protection untill we get more than just a name out of you." John looks up at Gains.

"Mr Gains I don't think Mr Anderson here requires your services anymore..." John still looks at Gains.

"Isn't that right Mr Anderson?" John waits for a rely.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I still need him here," said Brian, "but I'll tell you whatever you want to know. What else do you need?"
OOC,You don't know [b]Leo Ribisi[/b], but it's possible (though unlikely) that you know [i]of[/i] him. [b]John Yeager[/b] and [b]Sergeant Rawlings[/b], roll Know. You'd have to get an exceptional success (1/5 of your stat or less) to have heard of him specifically, but a regular success will tell you something about current mob activity. [b]Bill Johns[/b], you'll need to roll History for this one instead.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Zubayda
Layman
Layman

Post by Zubayda »

OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2202315/]know roll (skill 75) (1d100=17)[/url]
seanarcher
Layman
Layman

Post by seanarcher »

OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2202316/]Know roll (skill 75) (1d100=86)[/url]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Sergeant Charlie Rawlings,[b]Charlie[/b] hadn't heard of [b]Leo Ribisi[/b] as far as he could recall, though the name sounded vaguely familiar. He did remember that Angelo Bruno, the current mob boss in charge in Philadelphia, did not allow any members of his family to deal in drugs. However, he had close ties with the New York crime families, and he did allow them and perhaps other gangs to distribute drugs in Philadelphia for a cut of the profits. It was highly likely that [b]Ribisi[/b] was from out of town.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2205035/]History roll - Leo Ribisi,are you there? (1d100=72)[/url] Yup! :D
Zubayda
Layman
Layman

Post by Zubayda »

"So tell me more about Leo. Where do you do your deals? How do you get in contact with him?" Rawlings lazily lit another cigarette as he waited for Brian to continue.
seanarcher
Layman
Layman

Post by seanarcher »

"Why is your Father developing a drug and giving it to students? Whats his altimate goal." he can dose all those damn hippie students for all i care, give them more: John thinks to himself, .
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Bill Johns,While he had never heard of [b]Leo Ribisi[/b] before, [b]Bill[/b] did know something of the history of the mob in Philadelphia. He recalled that the boss of the Philly crime family at this time was Angelo Bruno, a Sicilian by birth who was known as the "Gentle Don" because he favored conciliation over violence. Bruno had risen to his position in 1959 and his reign had been a long and relatively peaceful one - until it was cut short by a hit in 1980. His assassination started a string of events that would eventually cause the Philly mob to tear itself apart. Angelo Bruno was known for not allowing members of his family to deal with drugs, but he also had close ties with the New York crime families and allowed them to distribute drugs in Philly.
"Leo's from New York," said Brian. "I can tell by his accent. I don't contact him; he calls me. I always meet him at the riverfront, but it's a different pier every time. He's very cautious, and he only tells me where the meeting is an hour before it happens, when he calls me. The next shipment is due to arrive Saturday night." He paused to consider John Yeager's question. "I don't know why dad is developing Morpheus. I guess he just wants to make money. He's giving it to students in his experiment in order to test it. He's already tried it on animals to make sure it's safe, but they can't tell him their dreams. I don't even know if animals dream at all."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
seanarcher
Layman
Layman

Post by seanarcher »

"OK lets forget about Morpheus the sleepy wonder drug for now..." John turns to his two sergeants.

"Will you two join me outside please we need to talk." John heads out into the hallway.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Bill followed Yeager into the corridor. "We gonna use Brian to bring in Ribisi on Saturday?" he said. "In the meantime, what about bringing in Brian's father? We can't just let him keep experimenting on kids, can we?" He didn't say as much, but Bill knew Mary was one of the students who would be taking part in the experiment and he didn't want her put at risk.
Zubayda
Layman
Layman

Post by Zubayda »

"Ribisi is probably from outa town. No way would Angelo allow an of his family here in Philadelphia to deal. I do know he has close ties with New York crime families and allows them to distribute in Phili for a cut so maybe Ribisi is from New York?" Rawlings comtemplated his cigarette butt as he waited for direction from the Lou.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

"Can we get Ribisi's name on the wire to New York?" asked Bill, "See if they've heard of him?"

Return to “Chapter 1”