IC-Prologue-Day In Day Out(Anthony Scott/Jerome Padgett)

Professor Bill Johns is inexplicably transported from 2009 back to 1969, where he finds himself enmeshed in a mystery that is intimately connected to his own past. As he struggles to adjust, he must discover why he is in 1969, what is going on, and how to find his way home. Others in 1969 find themselves mixed up in the same odd events as well.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: IC-Prologue-Day In Day Out(Anthony Scott/Jerome Padgett)

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,The 93 would have succeeded if it were a Know roll, but this was an Idea roll. Since [b]Jerome[/b] "only" has an 85 Idea, the roll failed. Fortunately, [b]Nancy[/b] succeeded at her Idea roll.
Nancy shrugged. "We can start checking out some of the other nearby churches," she said, "but without more to go on that might be a waste of time. You two could also go back and check in with Dr. Anderson while I wait here. We can meet up again when the class ends and talk to Mary then."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 7 months

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

"I doubt we will find much, but I would hate to waste time sitting around," says Jerome.

Before anyone can realize the irony of his statement, he continues, "I'll go check back with Dr. Anderson, and maybe see if he knows of a likely church. Professor Anthony, you could check nearby churches, and bring Brian here if you meet him."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Sounds good to me," said Nancy. "I'll wait here in case Brian shows up, or in case you two don't get back by the time class lets out. We'll all meet back here around 4:45 or 4:50. Is that okay with you, Professor Scott?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Nanonano63
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 15 years

Post by Nanonano63 »

"That's sounds like a good enough plan to me. I'll go start checking those churches, hopefully we have a little bit of luck this time."
OOC,Anthony will check the churches in an expanding manner starting with the closest ones first going to as many as time permits.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Jerome Padgett[/b] is returning to the following thread and should stop reading the current thread at this point. [b]Anthony Scott[/b] remains in the current thread.
Thru These Architect's Eyes

Anthony walked to the nearest church that hadn't already been visited that he thought was likely to bear fruit: an Episcopal church a couple of blocks from campus. It was the closest Protestant denomination to Catholicism that there was, and was essentially an American branch split off from the Anglican church. He climbed the dozen or so wide steps to the large oak double doors and entered. There were several worshippers sitting in the pews, and a white-haired priest was behind the pulpit delivering a sermon on the evils of drugs.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Nanonano63
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Nanonano63 »

Anthony takes a seat at the back waiting for the priest to conclude his sermon. While he waits he glances around to see if he can spot anyone else who could possibly answer his question.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Nobody else in the church looked familiar or caught Anthony's attention. The priest went on for a long time about the subject. Finally, at around 4:30, he began to wrap up. "And remember, it says in the book of Revelation that the sinners would not repent of their sorceries," he said. "That may seem like an odd word, but the word in the original Greek is 'pharmakia,' which means drugs. Even 1900 years ago, this plague of drugs that has befouled the modern world was foretold. Drugs such as opium have been around for a long time, but it is only in recent years that the drugs has become so prevalent, and new kinds of drugs are being invented all the time. Parents, watch your children and get to know the signs. Warn them of the dangers of drugs, and stay involved in their lives. Good afternoon, and God bless you."

When he stopped speaking, members of the congregation began standing up. Some talked to each other, and others started filing out the front doors.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Nanonano63
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Nanonano63 »

Anthony makes his way towards the priest.
"Excuse me father, but could I have a word with you?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Of course, my son," said the priest in a kindly tone of voice. "How may I be of service?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Nanonano63
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Nanonano63 »

"I am Dr. Scott, i teach at the University. I am looking for a student of mine, Brain Anderson. He has been absent from a number of activities and i am concerned for his well being."
Anthony describes Brian to the priest.
"I believe he came to a church I am just unsure of which one. If you have seen him that would be a great help for me."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"No, I haven't seen him," said the priest, "but I have heard of him. A young member of my congregation, a student at the University, has had his life nearly destroyed by drugs - drugs he bought from this Brian Anderson. He started off with marijuana, and later he tried heroin. He quickly got addicted, and it's proving very difficult to help him."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Nanonano63
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Nanonano63 »

"I am truly sorry to hear that. I hope the best for the young man and hopefully if I can find Brian I can help him in some way. Forgiveness is for all, is it not? You haven't seen him, but perhaps you could help me find some place to look for him. It appears that he is avoiding human contact right now. Maybe you know of some small church where he would feel comfortable. It might be a smaller out of the way church?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thank you for your concern, my son," answered the priest. "I too hope that Brian Anderson repents and finds God's peace. It certainly sounds like he needs it. I wish I could help you, but I've never actually met him and wouldn't know which church he might feel comfortable in. Perhaps you should ask those who know him best. I'm sorry I could not be of more help."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Nanonano63
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Nanonano63 »

"Thank you. If you hear anything please let me know."

Realizes what time it is Anthony heads back to meet Mr. Padgett.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Of course," said the priest.
OOC,[b]Alan[/b], you're moving to the following thread.
After Today
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Prologue”