IC-Ep 1-What's Up, Doc?(Raymond/Salem)

New UNIT Scientific Advisor Dr. Valerie Kirby has mysteriously disappeared during routine inquiries in Dunwich, and a team from UNIT has been hastily assembled to go to Dunwich in order to find her and bring her back. Meanwhile, Story and his companions materialize in Dunwich and begin to explore.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

IC-Ep 1-What's Up, Doc?(Raymond/Salem)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Rose Cottage - Dunwich, England
10:50 AM - Thursday, September 5, 1985

Raymond and Salem approached the Rose Cottage. It looked much like any traditional country cottage, if a bit bigger and fancier. A low black picket gate led onto a driveway that went up to the front door, where a green Bentley was parked. Lights were visible from the windows.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 7 months

Re: IC-Ep 1-What's Up, Doc?(Raymond/Salem)

Post by DetectiveSocks »

Salem nods to Raymond, "if I ever retire, living out in the country with my own private practice doesn't sound like a bad idea at all", as Salem walks slowly towards the front door, scanning the area around him. Salem paused as he reached the front door for Raymond to be by his side.
OOC,is it possible for me to roll a Spot Hidden on the green bentley?
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

A shingle hanging by the door read "Dr. Richard Strong, M.D."
OOC,Sure, go ahead.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years

Post by CrackheadC. »

Raymond walked to the door with Salem, "My grandfather lived in a cottage like this - far removed from society. He said he liked the peace and quiet, that he could do plenty to get by and keep himself entertained. Folks tend to think you're strange if you live out by yourself though, as the years went on I could tell that the isolation was getting to my grandfather."

Raymond knocked on the door and waited, "Here goes nothing, I suppose. I think we can keep it pretty simple, get treated and ask about Valerie and it won't draw too much attention."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

After a short wait, a white-haired, bespectacled, wrinkled man of about sixty years opened the door from within the cottage. "Good morning, gentlemen," he said, squinting at Raymond and Salem. "Oh, dear. You've been to the wars, haven't you? Please, come in and make yourselves comfortable. I'll do what I can for you."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper

Post by CrackheadC. »

"Not quite the wars," Raymond laughed, "but we did have a bit of an accident on the way here." Raymond entered the cottage and took a quick glance around before seating himself wherever was most convenient. "We were in a bit of a rush, the hospital recommended you since you were in town."

Raymond extended his hand, "The name's Ray. Nice to meet you."
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

"Yeah, just a slight accident, nothing as melodramatic as a war," Salem laughs to himself on the pretense of the helicopter crash. Salem entered the cottage alongside with Raymond, too intent on his surroundings, he quickly seats himself beside Raymond as he preoccupies himself with his thoughts.
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Nice to meet you too," said Dr. Strong, shaking Raymond's hand. He wasn't as strong as his name implied.

Raymond and Salem followed Dr. Strong inside, passing through a small foyer and into a large living room. The doctor indicated an expensive-looking couch that was more than big enough for the two of them. There was also a leather armchair. He looked the men over. "Well, neither of you looks too badly injured," he said. "I'll treat you first, Ray. You look like you got the short end of it."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper

Post by CrackheadC. »

"Right then, let's get to it." Raymond got up from the couch to let Dr. Strong examine him. "Should just be a minor patch job. I've gotten scraped up like this before."

As the examination goes on Raymond offhandedly remarks, "By the way, have you met our friend Valerie? Her last name is Kirby. I figure visitors might stick out here. She asked us to come to town to meet her, a short vacation you know, but she never told us where to meet her."

Raymond makes sure to gauge Dr. Strong's reaction carefully, knowing that if there was some sort of foul play or if she was injured before she disappeared she would have ended up in his office.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Yes, I've met Dr. Kirby," he said as he examined Raymond. "Charming young lady, and quite intelligent. She stopped in here a couple of days ago, in the afternoon. If she's staying in town, she'd have to be staying at the Ship Inn. It's the only one in Dunwich. Just head east towards the beach, and you'll find it at the end of the street. You can't miss it." He finished his examination and put some ointment and clean bandages on Raymond's injuries. "Just get plenty of rest, and you should be fully recovered within a week. Are you experiencing any pain?"
Salem Shields,There was nothing unusual about the Bentley. It was a model from the late seventies in good condition, but it had seen frequent use from the looks of it. It did not appear that anything was left in plain sight within the car.
OOC,[b]Raymond[/b], please roll Psychology. [b]Salem[/b], you may roll as well.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper

Post by CrackheadC. »

Raymond didn't find anything suspicious about the doctor, "Thanks Doc. No, nothing hurting particularly badly on me. Just a little soreness." Raymond moved back to the couch to wait for Salem to get treated, fiddling slightly with his new bandages.
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

Psychology,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3858291/]99% :[[/url]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Dr. Strong gave Salem the same treatment. "There, you're all set," he said. "You'll be right as rain in a few days. In fact, it looks like you both already had some good medical care before you came here, but you did the right thing stopping by."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper

Post by CrackheadC. »

"Thanks Doc, we'll go check out the Ship Inn now. Probably have to get a room there too if it's the only place in town." Raymond stands up and makes for the door, "Ready to go, Salem?"
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

"Thank you doctor", as Salem gestures a friendly wave towards Dr. Strong, he turns his gaze towards Raymond, "ready whenever you are".
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper

Post by CrackheadC. »

"Right then, let's go check-in to The Ship Inn." Raymond leaves Dr. Strong's cottage and makes his way to the Inn.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Dr. Strong waved back as Salem and Raymond left. They walked down the street and shortly arrived at the Ship Inn, heading inside.
OOC,Everyone is moving to the thread linked below.
Regrouping
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Episode 1”