IC-Ep 1-Checking In(Chad/Leonek/Tobias)

New UNIT Scientific Advisor Dr. Valerie Kirby has mysteriously disappeared during routine inquiries in Dunwich, and a team from UNIT has been hastily assembled to go to Dunwich in order to find her and bring her back. Meanwhile, Story and his companions materialize in Dunwich and begin to explore.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

IC-Ep 1-Checking In(Chad/Leonek/Tobias)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Ship Inn - Dunwich, England
10:50 AM - Thursday, September 5, 1985

The Land Rover soon reached an intersection where three roads converged. Beach Road East headed north towards the Flora Café. St. James's Street stretched out to the west, the way it had come. A few doors past the Dunwich Museum, the Ship Inn was clearly visible just before the intersection, a few cars in the car park beside it. Monastery Hill ran to the south before curving off to the southwest. A triangle of grass was between all three roads. Leonek parked in an empty spot, and by the time he and Chad got out of the vehicle Tobias had caught up with them. A sign hung outside some distance before the front door.

The front door of the inn opened to reveal a lobby decorated with nautical themes. A couple of doors at the back led further inside, and a flight of stairs went up. There was a wooden counter with a bell on it, behind which stood a petite young woman with big brown eyes and black hair.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
SSior.27
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Re: IC-Ep 1-Checking In(Chad/Leonek/Tobias)

Post by SSior.27 »

Chad looks at Tobias arriving in time with his and Leonek arrival. "Guess wheels aren't always the fastest way to travel." He then proceeds to walk into the inn, asking the others as he goes, "How many rooms should we get? Assuming they have enough."
Seeing Eihort - 1d6/1d20 Sanity Loss
Seeing Cthulhu - 1d10/1d100 Sanity Loss
Seeing 'Twilight' - Automatic Permanent Insanity
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Leonek looked around, noticing the cars already parked there.
"I would say as many as we can, maybe a floor, or at least some rooms neighbouring each other. Do you think we should ask about Dr. Kirby here?"
He walked with the others inside the Inn.
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 7 months

Post by aine »

Tobias walks with the others into the Ship Inn. "Very nice." As he takes in the decor and the receptionist. No one is quite sure if he is being sarcastic or not. "I'd like my own room if possible, we may be here a while." He walks up to the receptionist and puts on his best Mid-Atlantic charm, "Good afternoon Miss, my colleagues and I would very much like to stay here at the Ship Inn that we've heard so much about; best rooms in town. Would you be able to accommodate us?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

The lobby was decorated with pictures on the walls of boats and seaside scenes. There was also a ship's wheel mounted on one wall, as well as various types of fish mounted on plaques.

The woman smiled. "Also the only rooms in town," she said. "Check in time isn't until 3:00 PM, but we should be able to accommodate you earlier than that. There's one room available on the ground floor and two on the first floor. There's another room vacant on the first floor as well, but it's undergoing repairs right now." She slid the register and a pen across the counter towards Tobias, giving him a careful look. "What happened to you?"
OOC,Everyone may roll Spot Hidden and Psychology.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
SSior.27
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Post by SSior.27 »

Spot Hidden,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3856153/]Spot Hidden - 45% (1d100=79)[/url]
Psychology,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3856157/]Psychology - 5% (1d100=27)[/url]
Chad kept too occupied counting the rooms versus the number of his companions to notice anything out of the ordinary.
Seeing Eihort - 1d6/1d20 Sanity Loss
Seeing Cthulhu - 1d10/1d100 Sanity Loss
Seeing 'Twilight' - Automatic Permanent Insanity
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Leonek was too busy looking at the tacky sailor decoration, the pictures of the ships reminding him of his childhood, when he used to look around in awe at the shipyards of Gdansk, bewildered by dreams of exploration and adventure on those steel kings of the sea being built there.

[spoiler-button] http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/search/1157994 [/spoiler-button]
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

"Oh a bit of a scrape in an automobile accident. I'll survive." He smiles manfully. "I think we may want all the rooms. Is the repaired room habitable? Do you think it'll suit a fella like me?" He smiles innocently at the lady, "You sure have lovely eyes." and looks deeply into them, not noticing anything else.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thank you," said the woman, blushing. "You're in luck. One of the rooms on the first floor and the one on the ground floor are ready now, as their occupants have checked out early and they've been cleaned. Those are Room 3 and Room 106. Room 101 isn't ready yet, but it will be by early afternoon. Room 104 is the room undergoing repairs, and that one won't be ready until evening. Each room is forty pounds per night. If you don't have enough cash to cover it, I'll need a credit card. How many nights will you be staying?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Tobias smiles, "Well, I'm hoping we can be persuaded to stay for quite a while. About a week maybe, but can we have first refusal on the rooms after that in case we stay longer?" He turns to see if the others concur.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I can reserve all four rooms for you for the week, sir," said the lady, "but I can't guarantee it beyond that. These rooms are a large portion of all of our rooms, and people have made bookings in advance. But I'll see what I can do. You can pay for the first week or provide a credit card now. You do realise that comes to well over a thousand pounds, don't you?" She paused in thought, obviously calculating the total. "Eleven hundred twenty pounds to be precise. Why do you need four rooms? There are only three of you."
OOC,UNIT has provided you with a credit card to cover expenses on this mission. The credit limit is two thousand pounds.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Leonek swallowed audibly, drawing from his revery by the sound of hard cash.

He leans closer to Tobias, smiling sheepishly at the girl behind the counter and whispers in his ear, his Polish accent thicker as he's suddenly nervous.

"Maybe ve should take one floor, I think that should do."
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Tobias raises his eyebrows at the price and does a blindingly fast calculation. "Forty English pounds per night! Gee. I assume that includes breakfast and dinner at that price." He turns to Chad and Leonek, "We'll need four rooms even if you two bunk in together; don't forget Raymond and Salem." He turns back to the receptionist. "We have some friends arriving soon so we'll take four rooms if they are free. If other guests turn up and you badly need the rooms we can double up then - wouldn't want you to lose business." (He is actually thinking of the other UNIT members who may need to stay here too if there are no other hotels in the area.)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Breakfast is included," said the woman behind the counter, "but dinner is not. I'll hold the four rooms for you, then. There's just the matter of payment, and then I can give you the keys to the two rooms that are ready."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Tobias hands over the credit card, "Can I have a receipt Miss er...?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Howard," said the woman, smiling at Tobias. "Annie Howard. You'll get your receipt when you check out. Until then, you won't be charged a penny. I just need to make sure your card is valid." She ran the card through the reader and waited for a response. Then she handed the card back with a flourish. "Okay, you're all set." She took four keys from a board at the back and handed them to him, brushing his hand with her own. Two of the keys were for Room 3, and two were for Room 106. "You can check back later to see if the other two rooms are ready and collect the keys then if nobody else has rented the rooms. One should be ready around two o'clock, the other at six. That's when I get off, but I'll wait here for you. Don't forget to sign the register. Welcome to the Ship Inn, and I hope you have a pleasant stay, Mister..."
OOC,Everyone is moving to the thread linked below.
Regrouping
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Episode 1”