IC-Ep 1-Ghostwriter(Story/Elizabeth/Lucius/Brook/Val/Elliot)

New UNIT Scientific Advisor Dr. Valerie Kirby has mysteriously disappeared during routine inquiries in Dunwich, and a team from UNIT has been hastily assembled to go to Dunwich in order to find her and bring her back. Meanwhile, Story and his companions materialize in Dunwich and begin to explore.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

IC-Ep 1-Ghostwriter(Story/Elizabeth/Lucius/Brook/Val/Elliot)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Priory Cottage - Dunwich, England
10:55 AM - Thursday, September 5, 1985

Story, Elizabeth Young, Lucius Verres, and Brook Davies walked down Monastery Hill from the northeast. They came to the ruins of Greyfirars, the old medieval priory perched on the edge of a cliff. One day it too would plunge from the cliff and into the sea, but for now it stood. The arched gate was blocked off, but this was not their destination anyway. Across the street was the Priory Cottage that they sought. As they approached, an old black Model T Ford came up the road from the southwest and parked outside the cottage. It was driven by an old woman who looked to be in her sixties, and a young man was seated beside her. The chariot looked to Lucius more like the ones he had seen in 1930, not the sleeker models he had seen so far in Dunwich.

Valerie Soames observed the group of people hiking down the road as she parked the car outside the Priory Cottage. "Here we are, young Elliot," she said to her passenger.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Re: IC-Ep 1-Ghostwriter(Story/Elizabeth/Lucius/Brook/Val/Ell

Post by Thorn »

Brook looks curiously at the old car. "Looks like we're not the only ones visiting. Wonder who they are? Family? Didn't the girl at the inn say something about his family?"
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years

Post by yockenthwaite »

"Yes she did, and not very nice things either," says Elizabeth. "It was probably scaremongering, if Lucius's suspicions are correct. Shall we introduce ourselves?"
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Lucius was more interested in the archway. It's architecture was a bit different from what the Roman styles he was familiar with, but it was more closely resembling than the newer buildings and their square doorways everywhere. He was only half-paying attention to what the others were discussing, following along behind as he continued to marvel at the old archway.
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 13 years 8 months

Post by jaysun81 »

As they are walking he looks at Elizabeth. "Well, we have nothing to lose. They don't know us, and as far as they are concerned we don't know the seedy reputation of the family." Looks ahead at the old Model T as he continues to walk towards the cottage.
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

The old woman and the young man got out of the Model T as Story and his companions also approached the single-story cottage. She turned to face them with a smile. "Good morning," she said.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

As they approach Story looks at Brook and winks before turning back to address the elder lady. "What do you mean? Do you wish me a good morning, or mean that it is a good morning whether I want it or not; or that you feel good this morning; or that it is a morning to be good on?" Flashes a big toothy smile at the lady.
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

The old woman smiled back. "All of those at once, I suppose," she said, extending her hand. "My name is Valerie Soames, and this is my nephew Elliot. Whom do I have the pleasure of addressing?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Thorn
Adept
Adept

Post by Thorn »

Brook smiles a little and waves, but waits for Story to answer the lady first. She's in her mid-teens, dressed in a black, kinda gothstyle dress, stockings and boots, has dark hair and a pale complexion.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

With the introduction of the lady at hand, Lucius has turned his attention to the conversation and stood there with his hands clasped behind his back. He looked at Valerie and Elliot as he musted as charming a smile as he could manage. He saw Brook look toward Story for introductions on their behalf, and he opted to do the same.
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

Elizabeth waits for Story to respond, and looks at the lady and her nephew with interest.
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Story reaches for the lady's hand and instead of shaking it chooses to gently kiss the back of it. "It's a pleasure to meet you Ms. Soames." Nods at Elliot. "And your nephew." Flashes a brief smile. "I'm Prof. Story and these are my three associates...Brook, Elizabeth, and Lucius. We're looking for the residence of the local author Mr. Virgil..." Pauses as he realizes the lady shares the same last name as the man they seek. "Soames."
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Thorn
Adept
Adept

Post by Thorn »

Brook nods. "How do you do?"
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Lucius kicks his heels together where he stands and bows slightly with a smile as he is introduced.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"You're quite the gentleman," said Valerie to Story. "I'm pleased to meet you and your friends. I believe this is the cottage of Virgil Soames. I'm not related to him by blood, but perhaps I am by marriage. That's what I'm here to find out. It's possible that he is a relative of my late husband. So, what brings you here?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

"We're interested in tales of old Dunwich," says Elizabeth, "and believe Mr Soames has written some interesting books on this. We'd love a chance to speak to him, so thought we'd come over and see if he was in."
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Story nods in agreement with what Elizabeth is saying. "Indeed. However, we don't wish to step on your toes. After all, you were in fact here before us." Smiles at Valerie.
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Oh, that does sound interesting," said Valerie. "I certainly wouldn't mind learning more about Dunwich, past and present. If you don't mind listening to us discuss family history, and Mr. Soames doesn't mind receiving so many visitors at once - and if he's in - I don't see why anyone needs to wait. Shall we knock?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

"Oh yes please, go ahead," says Elizabeth, nodding to Valerie.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thank you, my dear," said Valerie. She rapped smartly on the front door.

After a brief wait, it was opened by a tall man with dark hair and a beard, about forty years old. An adorable cat, its fur as black as pitch, poked its head out between his legs and rubbed against them, purring gently. "Hello," he said, surveying the people assembled outside his house. "What brings such a large group of visitors to me this morning?"

"We're two groups, actually," said Valerie. "We just happened to arrive at the same time by coincidence. Are you Virgil Soames, the author?"

"I am he. Though I think you will find that there are no such things as coincidences. Everything happens for a reason. And who might you be?"

"Mrs. Valerie Soames." Virgil raised an eyebrow when she mentioned the name. She indicated the young man beside her. "And this is my nephew, Elliot. Funny that you mentioned that about coincidences, considering our names. I've been doing a spot of genealogy, and it seems that you may be a relative of my late husband, God rest his soul. I'll allow Professor Story to introduce himself and his friends."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Episode 1”