IC-Ep 1-Infiltration(Valerie/Elliot)

New UNIT Scientific Advisor Dr. Valerie Kirby has mysteriously disappeared during routine inquiries in Dunwich, and a team from UNIT has been hastily assembled to go to Dunwich in order to find her and bring her back. Meanwhile, Story and his companions materialize in Dunwich and begin to explore.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

IC-Ep 1-Infiltration(Valerie/Elliot)

Post by Mr. Handy »

En route to Dunwich, England
9:45 AM - Thursday, September 5, 1985

Valerie drove off south and then east in the old Model T Ford, with Elliot in the passenger seat. They took the B1123 until it ended at the A145, where she turned south. Shortly after passing through Blythburgh, the A145 turned into Angel Lane and then Dunwich Road, so they knew they were on the right track. However, it was difficult to know where to turn off to actually get to Dunwich, and Leonek was the one with the maps.
OOC,[b]Valerie[/b] and [b]Elliot[/b], please roll Navigate.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
jimacol
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 11 years 5 months

Re: IC-Ep 1-Infiltration(Valerie/Elliot)

Post by jimacol »

"Right, er....so....I ain't got a clue where we go now Mr S. I do hope you do!" exclaims Elliot as he looks left and right from the passenger seat.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Well, we know Dunwich is to the east somewhere," said Valerie, "on our left. It's beyond that forest. We just have to take the right road." She drove on for a short while. "That's it up ahead...I think." She turned left on a road that headed off into the woods. They drove for a while, and eventually a crossroads appeared up ahead. "From what I remember from looking at the map, we're supposed to go straight ahead here." The Model T rattled on. Some distance later, the paved road ended and became a narrow dirt track. Another dirt track led off to the left shortly before the road ended. "Hmm. I think we took a wrong turn somewhere."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Valerie drove around for a while, hoping to find her way by chance. "I'd stop and ask for directions," she said, "but there's nobody around here." Eventually, just when she was on the verge of losing hope, she managed to reach Dunwich. She had been lost for about an hour first, and only came to the town via a roundabout route, ending up back on the B1125. Eventually it formed a junction at a sharp angle with Dunwich Road, which stretched off to the east. "Well, that's got to be it!" Valerie turned left and followed the road until it turned into Westleton Road. Then High Street split off to the right at another intersection. A short distance past that, Monastery Hill branched off to the right. "Yes, I remember from my conversation with my friend that Virgil Soames's cottage is on Monastery Hill, across from the Greyfriars ruins." She took Monastery Hill until she finally reached the Priory Cottage, opposite the ruins.
OOC,Everyone is moving to the thread linked below.
Ghostwriter
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Episode 1”