IC-Ep 1-Accident and Emergency(Chad/Leonek/Ray/Tobias/Salem)

New UNIT Scientific Advisor Dr. Valerie Kirby has mysteriously disappeared during routine inquiries in Dunwich, and a team from UNIT has been hastily assembled to go to Dunwich in order to find her and bring her back. Meanwhile, Story and his companions materialize in Dunwich and begin to explore.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

IC-Ep 1-Accident and Emergency(Chad/Leonek/Ray/Tobias/Salem)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Patrick Stead Hospital - Halesworth, England
9:30 AM - Thursday, September 5, 1985

Leonek drove the Land Rover south into Halesworth. Chad, Raymond, Tobias, and Salem also rode in the vehicle. Following the major's directions, he soon found Patrick Stead Hospital and pulled up in front of the entrance to Accident and Emergency.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 7 months

Re: IC-Ep 1-Accident and Emergency(Chad/Leonek/Ray/Tobias/Sa

Post by aine »

Tobias is beginning to look grey and frazzled around the gills as they pull up. He looks disheartened, "A and E? Looks more like a farm to me. What's our cover in case someone asks? And where are we to meet once we've all been stitched up? Assuming we're let out." He says pessimistically.
SSior.27
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Post by SSior.27 »

"We'll get in touch with Command, just as the others will be while we're here. They'll be able to set up a rendezvous. As for a cover... Car accident?"
Seeing Eihort - 1d6/1d20 Sanity Loss
Seeing Cthulhu - 1d10/1d100 Sanity Loss
Seeing 'Twilight' - Automatic Permanent Insanity
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years

Post by CrackheadC. »

"Car accident works fine. it's not as though you have a propeller blade sticking out of you. We shouldn't be too long. I'll contact command while you all get checked out. We'll get sorted from there." Raymond says as he helps Tobias into the hospital.
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 7 months

Post by DetectiveSocks »

"We'll have to elaborate more on our car accident", as he turns to Chad. "Cause Leonek's Land Rover looks fine to me, so maybe you and Leonek notices Ray, Tobias, and I in a roll over car?" As Salem finishes explaining himself, he looks over at the hospitals and says to himself, "seems more like a homestead or even a hamlet around here".
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Tobias nods curtly. He certainly feels like roadkill. He leads the group up to the desk and waits impatiently for the receptionist to get off the telephone.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

The receptionist looked up as soon as Tobias staggered into the hospital. "Goodness!" she cried. She tapped a button on her intercom. "Dr. Evans to Accident and Emergency, stat!"

A middle-aged man in a white coat rushed into the room from the hospital's interior less than a minute later. His short black hair was just starting to go gray. He hustled over to Tobias. "We'd better treat you right away," he said. "The rest of you can have a seat in the waiting room, and we'll be with you when we get the chance." He helped Tobias towards the door through which he had come. "Your injuries don't appear life-threatening, at least, but we need to make sure there's no internal bleeding. Whatever happened to you?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

"Thanks Doc." In his pain, Tobias' American accent comes through. He breathes shallowly as the doctor probes and tuts. "Car accident. Hurt my abdomen and head I think. Can't remember much sorry."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"All right, let's get you to the operating theatre," said the doctor, assisting Tobias through the swinging doors while the others remained in the waiting room. They went through another pair of swinging doors into the OR, where Dr. Evans helped him onto a table and got to work. "It looks like someone has already done a good patch job, but you were right to come here. We'll have to check to make sure you don't have a concussion."

Dr. Evans took over an hour, but in the end there wasn't much more he could do. "Whoever gave you first aid after the crash did a better job than I ever could," he said. "You look okay enough to discharge, and I don't think there's any danger of a concussion, but if anything feels wrong or if you get dizzy you should see a doctor immediately. It'll probably be close to a month before you're 100 percent again, but you should make a full recovery."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper

Post by CrackheadC. »

Raymond waits patiently why the others get checked out - there were no gunshot wounds or anything that suggested something other than an accident so he was not particularly worried about raising suspicion. When Tobias and the others are finished being checked out he walks up to greet them, "Everything still in working order Tobias? As long as you're ready, let's pay and get back on the road."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Pay?' said Dr. Evans, a puzzled expression on his face. "Accident and Emergency is free under the NHS, even if you're a foreign national."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

"Thank you Doctor", as Salem gives a warm smile to the Doctor, "have you heard anything about Dunwich before?"
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper

Post by CrackheadC. »

"Right, right. The NHS. I always forget about that - I get sick so rarely myself. Well, we should be off, I think we can find a rental or a handyman and get the car fixed up." Raymond says.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"You're quite welcome," said Dr. Evans. "Some of the rest of you look a little worse for wear, and you really should get checked out. So you're bound for Dunwich? I've been there before, but not for a long time. They do get a lot of tourists. Not much of the town left, just a couple hundred people. If you truly must be on your way, there is a doctor who lives in Dunwich, Dr. Richard Strong. He's about sixty years old and has lived there all his life. He's had a private practice there for over thirty years. He lives in the Rose Cottage, on St. James's Street."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
SSior.27
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Post by SSior.27 »

Chad looks at the others. "Does anyone else what to be looked at while we're here?" To the doctor, he adds, "Thank you for your time. We'll be sure to check with your colleague for fresh dressings once we get there."
Seeing Eihort - 1d6/1d20 Sanity Loss
Seeing Cthulhu - 1d10/1d100 Sanity Loss
Seeing 'Twilight' - Automatic Permanent Insanity
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

"Thanks Doc." Tobias nods to the doctor. "I'm as fixed as I can be apparently so I'm ready to leave whenever." He has a thought, "I'm assuming they have payphones in Dunwich." He says to the world in general.
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper

Post by CrackheadC. »

OOC,Leonek appears to be in okay shape (judging by the sheet in the characters thread. However Salem still has a few cuts and bruises based on the missing HP. If you wanna get that checked out real quick, otherwise we can get on our way.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Any time," said the doctor. "There is one payphone in Dunwich, at least. It's right near Dr. Strong's cottage, in fact, on St. James's St. That's the main street in Dunwich. Almost everything is centred around there."
OOC,If nobody else wants to be examined, I'll move things along this weekend.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Everyone left the hospital and got back in the Land Rover. Leonek drove, using his maps to guide him. They took the B1123 until it ended at the A145, where he turned south. Shortly after passing through Blythburgh, the A145 turned into Angel Lane and then Dunwich Road. After a little while, they turned left onto a road that led through the Dunwich Forest. They passed through a crossroads, around some curves, and over a bridge. Before long, at around 10:50 AM, they turned onto St. James's Street, the main road in Dunwich.
OOC,Everyone, please roll Spot Hidden.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

Spot Hidden,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3836411/]40%[/url]

Return to “Episode 1”