IC-Ep 1-What Time Is It?(Lucius/Brook)

New UNIT Scientific Advisor Dr. Valerie Kirby has mysteriously disappeared during routine inquiries in Dunwich, and a team from UNIT has been hastily assembled to go to Dunwich in order to find her and bring her back. Meanwhile, Story and his companions materialize in Dunwich and begin to explore.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

IC-Ep 1-What Time Is It?(Lucius/Brook)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Flora Café - Dunwich, England
Late morning, Unknown Date

Lucius and Brook headed up the beach and soon reached their destination, which a sign told them was the Flora Café, on a sidewalk leading to what a street sign called Beach Road. Off to the left along the road was a small building that housed only restrooms, and behind the café at the end of Beach Road was a large car park with only a few cars and bicycles in it. Beyond that, marshes stretched out into the distance to the north. There were a number of tables and seats arrayed outside. A few elderly people were eating either a late breakfast or an early lunch; since the sun was above the sea and she knew the coast faced east, it had to be late morning. Lucius was unfamiliar with Britannia's geography, so he couldn't be sure on which coast they stood, but he figured it was either late morning or early afternoon, depending. Fish and chips looked to be popular. Unfortunately, nobody there had a newspaper. A waitress was making the rounds among the tables.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Re: IC-Ep 1-What Time Is It?(Brook only)

Post by Thorn »

Brook looks longingly at the fish and chips-plates, then walks slowly between the tables, trying to find a receipt, since those usually had the date stamped on them. She also tries to get an idea of which decade it is from the fashion or lack of fashion people are wearing, but elderly people all dressed alike anyway, no matter what year it was. The waitress' appearance might be a better clue. "Excuse me," she says to the waitress. "Do you have yesterday's newspaper? My dad's up the beach fishing, and we need something to wrap the fish."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

There were no receipts visible on the tables, though then again the customers were still eating. The waitress was wearing a long black skirt, a white blouse, and an apron. It looked like a traditional waitress uniform that didn't necessarily give away the era beyond probably belonging to either the twentieth or twenty-first century. The young woman herself was in her early twenties with short black hair. She had big blue eyes, but there was something indefinably unattractive about her. "I'm sorry, dear," she said. "We've already given it away earlier this morning."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Thorn
Adept
Adept

Post by Thorn »

"Aww, shoot....By the way..." She looks at the waitress, as if trying to place her. "Say, did you by any chance use go to school with my cousin? You look familiar...When did you graduate? It was about 7 or 8 years ago, back in.....ah...gah...math..."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I don't think so," said the waitress, looking closely at Brook. "I don't recall seeing you before, and I know most everybody in Dunwich. I graduated five years ago."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Thorn
Adept
Adept

Post by Thorn »

"Cool, what year?" Brook smiles, playng the ditz.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

The waitress gave Brook an odd look, then brightened. "Oh, right," she said. "You can't do maths. '80. So, if you're not from here, where are you from, Miss...?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Thorn
Adept
Adept

Post by Thorn »

Brook slaps her forehead. "Duh....yeah, sorry. I feel like I'm always either a year behind or ahead. I'm Brook. I'm from London. We're here on holiday. Used to come here visiting relatives, but they moved. Say, do you know a quick way to make a little petty cash around here? Those fish and chips looks good, but my dad didn't think to give me any money, counting on his skills as a fisherman, I guess."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Re: IC-Ep 1-What Time Is It?(Lucius/Brook)

Post by Mr. Handy »

"My name's Dorothy," said the waitress. "Don't like it very much, but I'm stuck with it. There's barely enough work here for those of us who live here, and most of that's related to fishing or tourism. We've had plentiful fishing for as long as I can remember. Your dad should have no problem getting a decent catch if he's any good." She looked at Lucius. "Are you her brother?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Thorn
Adept
Adept

Post by Thorn »

"Oh, this is Lucius. He's a friend of ours. From Italy." Brook smiles. "Oh, well, thanks for your time, anyway. Maybe we'll see you around."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"You're welcome," said Dorothy. "Nice meeting you, and come back any time. We're open until three most days, four on Sundays. See you around."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Lucius flourished a bow when he was introduced to the lady and tried to remain as charming and gallant as possible despite her unattractive quality. He didn't mention anything about the year because to him ... it simply didn't matter. He knew it was well beyond what he was familiar with. "Pardon... is there anything exciting going on? A festival perhaps? An art gallery? The place itself is absolutely stunning, but I do lose interest quickly so I like to keep my options open."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Well, the beach is always lovely," said Dorothy. "We don't really have festivals or art galleries or such, but there is the Dunwich Museum if you're interested in learning more about the place and its history. It's right down from the Ship Inn, where you must be staying. There's a decent pub there too. There are some old ruins that are worth a look, but most of them are underwater, so you'd need to go diving to explore them. Greyfriars is still up on the cliffs, though."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Thorn
Adept
Adept

Post by Thorn »

"Thank you," Brook says, then looks to Lucius. "Wanna check it out, or go back to the others? Perhaps Elisabeth would like to see the museum as well, she's into that history stuff."
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Lucius responded, "Well, we should at least let them know where we're heading so they don't worry when they don't find us here." Glancing back to the waitress, Lucius bowed again, "A pleasure, mademoiselle".
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Cheers!" said Dorothy. She bustled away and went inside the café.
OOC,Are you heading back to rejoin the others now?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Thorn
Adept
Adept

Post by Thorn »

"Yeah, let's head back. I can't use my money here anyway. I'd get arrested for counterfeiting or something." She starts back down the beach towards the Tardis, waiting for Lucius to join her.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Lucius walks back beside Brook speaking quietly to her about the nature of her money to get a better feel for the situation and what year it might be - give or take. They make their way back toward the TARDIS.
ooc,just let me know when we can interject in the other thread... if that's what you intended.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Everyone is moving to the thread linked below.
Welcome to Dunwich
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Episode 1”