General Rules

There are things that exist outside the range of human perceptions; things known only to those terrible beings who dwell between the stars and beneath the earth. We have always passed by them without notice. They have always extended us the same courtesy. And those unfortunate few who have seen, and have been seen? We call them mad.

But they have merely awakened a higher form of sight.

It is the Spring of 1928 in Arkham. And people all over Southside are waking up, setting the stage for the rise of an ancient power.

Moderator: Kadael

Kadael
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

General Rules

Post by Kadael »

General guidelines for the game that don't fit anywhere else. Questions are welcome too.

Character Sheet Maintenance

Don't worry about updating your character sheet when you lose sanity points, or acquire a new item. I'll handle the bookkeeping.

Roll Calls

I will prompt you for rolls, but if you would like to make a roll without prompting, just go ahead and do it. If you're not sure that a roll is applicable in a situation, you can ask me.

Party Splitting

In the event that the party splits up, a separate thread will be made for the characters who leave. Please do not read in-character threads that don't have your character's name on them, or that don't say [Everyone].

The Spoiler Button

Clicking the Spoiler-Button button will give you a nice, shiny button to put things in and hide them away.
Click me,I'm a secret!
Inside the tags, type what you want the button to say, then insert a comma. Everything after the comma will be tucked inside the buttonspace.

If you would like to say something out of character in an in-character post, the spoiler button is the way to go. Alternatively, if it isn't spoilery, you can put it in the lounge instead.
OOC,I'm an OOC comment!
If I prompt you for a dice roll, I'll do it with a spoiler button.
Everyone,Roll Spot Hidden.
Spoiler buttons are also useful for secret messages from Keeper to player. If a spoiler button has a character's name on it, only the player of that character is allowed to click and read it.
Jane Doe,I'm secret information for Jane Doe's player! Why are you reading this? Close this button before the byakhee gets you!
Post Flavor

If you would like to add color to your posts, by all means feel free to. I won't be doing anything special - black text, and names of characters in bold.

You don't have to find or make a picture of your character, but you may if you wish.
I'm a smooth criminal and a neurotic lawyer with a crush on a pretty-boy author, and I'm being controlled by my creepy older brother (twice!) while I worry about not having a can opener.
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Re: General Rules

Post by Kadael »

Posting Frequency

Starting 2014, the official posting frequency standard will be at least one post a week.

If you are going out of town, will be busy, or if Life is Going to Happen, letting me know in a PM or the OOC thread is appreciated. I will NPC your character until you come back.

If I don't hear from you for a week, I'll send you a reminder PM.

If another week passes with no response, I'll NPC your character if it's needed to move things along.

If three weeks go by and you haven't said anything, your character will be offered to a new player.

I understand that Life Happens (it has happened to me frequently too). If you want to come back after an extended absence, you are always welcome.
I'm a smooth criminal and a neurotic lawyer with a crush on a pretty-boy author, and I'm being controlled by my creepy older brother (twice!) while I worry about not having a can opener.

Return to “In a Different Light”