IC-Ep 2-Close Encounter(Juliette Desjardins only)

The Mi-Go capture Lt. Colonel Bruce, while Juliette Desjardins captures one of the Mi-Go and brings it back to Styx Base.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: IC-Ep 2-Close Encounter(Juliette Desjardins only)

Post by Mr. Handy »

The blast from the cannon struck the alien on the left dead on. The powerful beam should have obliterated it, but it was still intact and only seemed lightly injured. It tried to return fire, but it dropped the odd weapon it had been holding as a result of the impact. The other one also fired, the beam of blue sparks narrowly missing and whizzing past the drone.
OOC,[b]Juliette[/b], you may fire again or take some other action.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Lynx
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 9 months

Post by Lynx »

Juliette considered the shot to be a good one, and cursed.: "The little buggers took a full blast without seeming more than injured. I will withdraw the drone to see if I can lure them out. 1st. Lt Hu? Are you ready for action if they do come out? They need a full blast from a biig gun to go down. If they do not come out I think we should take the specimen I've got packed up in my airlock and their gunthinghy in for closer study... " She withdrew the drone a bit, checking to see if they followed.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Shi, I can keep an eye out up here for any sign of activity," replied Lt. Hu, a little belatedly.

Juliette spun the drone around so that it faced the tunnel and started accelerating towards it. She could no longer see the creatures behind the drone, but she could see a blue glow envelop the remote controlled craft an instant before the image went blank. The drone's controls no longer responded to her.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Lynx
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Lynx »

She switched the com to talk to 1st lt Hu. "That's it 1st lt.Hu! We are going back. Let's take off and return to base." Juliette lifted the Demeter gently up and faced the Entrance weapons ready..."When you are ready 1st.lt Hu. Let's go home. I'll cover the entrance until we are ready, then maximum speed to base. Does that sound ok by you?" To the base she said. "This is capt. Desjardins. Drone down. The Demeter and the Persephone will return to base. We all need to have a long chat now!"

(edit: Corrected Persephone with Demeter)
Last edited by Lynx on Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Affirmative," replied Lt. Colleen Rose. "I'll notify General Pryce and Colonel Patel."

While the loss of the drone was a blow, it was not a crippling one. There was still one drone in reserve, and at least it was not the Demeter that had met that fate. This was what drones were for, after all.
OOC,You're in the [i]Demeter[/i]. [b]Lt. Hu[/b] is in the [i]Persephone[/i].
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Lynx
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Lynx »

Juliette did not like the fact that she had let the drone go. But she was ready to get back to base and talk to someone. She had been in battle, and needed to get the adrenalin out of her blood, one way or the other. She followed 1.lt Hu to the base and kept a close look on the rear scans.. She did not want an attack from the behind.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Right, let's get back to base," said Lt. Hu. Juliette followed him back in the Demeter. Nothing appeared to follow them, and there were no contacts visible on the scanner. Soon they reached the docking bay module of Styx Base. As they hovered, the dome retracted to allow them to land.

"Persephone and Demeter," said Lt. Colleen Rose, "this is Ground Control. You have permission to land."
OOC,[b]Juliette[/b] is moving to the thread linked below.
Two Came Back
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Episode 2”