Murray's Journey: Finders Keepers

A resort town in cheery America is a major holiday destination that sits upon the shores of the beautiful Lake Toluca. It's a fun and fantastic location with plenty to see and do whether as one of our many wonderful tourists or as brand new residents. Catch a film or theatrical production at Artaud Theatre then retire to Annie's Bar for drinks with friends. Check out the Lakeside Amusement Park and see the historical Lighthouse that is still in operation certain days of the year. Spend a romantic evening on the Observation Deck or an evening at Pete's Bowl-o-Rama. Or take a stroll through Rosewater Park.
There's lots to see and do and that's not even mentioning White Claudia, The Order, skinned dogs, alien geometries that occasionally warp the town, nor the psychologically-induced misery and torments that spring fully formed into existence while walking the merry streets.
Welcome!

Moderator: Laraqua

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Re: Murray's Journey: Finders Keepers

Post by Laraqua »

The room is empty but for a long, metal cord that clacks against the wall occasionally.
Show,sorry about that. Yes, it is Kathy the Kitty then. You have all four.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The room is empty but for a long, metal cord that clacks against the wall occasionally and a crowbar propped up against the outer wall near a failed attempt to pry open one of the windows.
Show,sorry about that. Yes, it is Kathy the Kitty then. You have all four.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Perfect! thinks Murray, snatching up the crowbar in his left hand. Just what I needed, and in the last place I looked too! Of course, there's no reason to keep looking once I've found it, but I was out of places to explore without taking the stairs to another floor. Now I can get into the ICU. He retraces his steps to the padlocked door and uses the crowbar to try to pry off the lock.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

It takes a bit of time but soon enough the padlock is lying broken on the floor and the door is easily opened.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Too bad I had to break the lock, thinks Murray. If I'd managed to pick it, I could have taken it with me, and it might have been useful later. Oh well. He scoops up the stuffed animals, two under each arm, and makes his way back to the ICU door. He sets the animals down and then gets to work using the crowbar to lever open the door.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Show,I'd make you roll but you're not on a time limit.
The wooden planks come away after some struggling with the crowbar, the nails slowly popping out one by one until finally Murray finds his way clear. Checking the door handle he finds it unlocked.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Murray holds his gun in one hand and cautiously opens the door slightly to peer inside.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The door to the ICU is somewhat dented and splintered (from the outside) and it creaks loudly on its hinges when he starts to pull it open a few inches. The beam of his flashlight stabs through the gap, revealing the edge of a bed with a wide variety of now silent machinery sitting beside it. The saline drip seems filled with something blotchy and nasty, like some aborted chicken foetus floats within the plastic bag. He can't see the rest of the room without opening the door but he can vaguely make out a shape lying beneath the sheet and the edges of a few letters carved into the wall.

Creaking the door open wider he sees, No one likes to be lonely is carved into the wall above the beds in jagged lines.

There are three beds in the I.C.U., each surrounded by machinery, one surrounded by the ward curtain that wraps around the bed on its little rusted rails. Two of the beds have child-sized mannequins dressed in pyjamas lying beneath the sheets, each with their left arm out-stretched as though hugging something, and each has a Get Well Card on the bedside cabinet. The third bed seems to have a slight glow coming from behind the curtain and he can dimly make out the silhouette of another figure standing over that bed, oh so still, as though waiting a silent vigil forever more.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Murray pushes the door open the rest of the way, gathers up the stuffed animals, and steps inside. He reads the Get Well cards by each bed, hoping that will give him a clue as to which animal goes with which child. Three beds, but four animals, he thinks. Hmm...
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

A store mannequin of a woman dressed in smart casual business attire stands over a bed that contains another little girl mannequin that has her left arm stretched out as though around some sort of teddy or other toy. The mannequin woman seems to be clutching something in one of her hands, and her other arm is crooked as though with a space to hold something. The Get Well card beside the girl's bed is the only thing on the bedside cabinet but for three white flowers. There's no sign of what is causing that glow - it just seems like some sort of vague ambient light.

We went down to feed them every day,
And in the park you had your play,
Fed them bread on Saturday,
Chased them all along the way,
Now they're here and sweetly see your wonderful little gift from me.

The other two mannequins' cards also have poems.

A little boy whose lying on two big pillows has a card that states:

I'm so sorry you're so sick but that's okay,
I got your favourite huggy to play with today,
It's not scary like it looks,
It sits well with the cooks,
And we can go back there for more in May!

A little girl mannequin whose fake hair is in pigtails also has a card:

You've been asking for one for every Christmas,
Get better and I'll hire a home for her, little miss,
It's loyal, little miss,
And kind, little miss,
And we'll find a place to keep it, little miss!

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Well, the first one's easy enough, thinks Murray. The only one of these critters that gets fed in a park is a duck. He places the stuffed Dawn the Duck in the left arm of the girl mannequin in the first bed.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

There's no response.

Perhaps by the strange logic of this town there'll be no response unless all are placed.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Hmm, thinks Murray. The second one's a bit harder. I know the third one has to be the cat, as that's the only female animal left. That leaves the rabbit and the horse. Neither of them looks particularly scary, but after you've been facing down grotesque abominations I guess you get a little bit jaded. The only one that would sit well with the cooks would be the rabbit. Cooks only use horse meat when they can't get anything good. And rabbits reproduce like...well, rabbits, so that would explain being able to go back for more. He goes over to the second bed and places Robbie the Rabbit in the boy mannequin's arm. "Here you go, kid," he says. "Somebunny loves you." Then he heads to the third bed and puts Kathy the Kitty in the pigtailed girl's left arm. "And here's one for you." He turns his attention to the woman. "And you must get the horsey, since it's the only one left." He puts Huey the Horse in her open arm.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

An ear piercing scream tears through the room and the woman's skin seems to waver like a burning candle, skin bubbling and splitting to reveal bloody tear stains down her cheeks. Perhaps that was the wrong combination.... If so, he has little time to get it right. He can hear handprints beginning to beat against the wooden door although thankfully they haven't yet tried the door.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Certain that he was right about the duck and the cat, Murray snatches the horse back, runs over to the second bed, switches it out for the rabbit, then darts back and puts the rabbit in the woman's arm.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The melting wax continues to bubble and the ambient glow in the room slowly changes to read. He doesn't have much longer to choose the right combinations....

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,I'm at a loss here. I was sure I had two of them placed correctly. If it's not one of the two possibilities I already tried, I'm not sure which of my assumptions was incorrect. Can I make an Idea roll to try to figure out where I'm going wrong?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Show,sounds good.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Show,Little Missy refers to the little girl it was gifted to and not toward the animal itself. There's a lot of stress placed on where to locate this pet.

Return to “Welcome to Silent Hill.”