The Investigation (Everyone)

The son of a sitter in the House of Lords has gone missing! Obviously, Lord Godfrey Sommers would like to avoid a scandal...

Moderator: Dr. Bloodworth

yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Re: The Investigation Begins (Everyone)

Post by yockenthwaite »

Alicia stays in her carriage for now, at a distance, and watches the others enter the house. She notes down the address in her notepad, and waits for the others to come out again, judging - hopefully - that that might be the best time to reintroduce herself, rather than go into the building. Based on what she overheard at the hotel she is assuming that they are on some sort of investigation, and will be coming out again in due course.
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Post by yockenthwaite »

On second thoughts Alicia decides to go and wait outside the house, beside the others' carriages. This way she is there ready for when they come out, and will hopefully have a good enough opportunity to reintroduce herself. She pays for her fare, and dismounts from her carriage, thanking the driver, before walking over to the building the others entered.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 11 months

Post by BenTheRat »

"So the police were called a 2nd time? I didn't realize that. It would be extremely helpful if you could recall what he was on about. We will be going into Arthur's room for a look around, we should be here a an hour or so in case you remember anything. Thanks." With that Gary heads up to Arthur's door and knocks.

He also takes a close inspection of the door, lock, windows, etc... in case it looks like someone broke in.
bribe?,if he was looking for a bribe to "remember" more, I might have got an inkling of it, but wasn't sure. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3246696/]psychology target = 5 (1d100=14)[/url]
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Reg Smythe," says Reg, stepping forward and shaking the man's hand with a firm grip. "Is Mr. Borelli at home, by any chance?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by royya »

Richard goes up after the others and waits to see if someone responds to Gary's knocking, if none is, he takes out the key from his pocket and hands it to Gary.
DM,Richard noticed anyone outside?
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 9 months

Post by aine »

Maud smiles at Mrs. Giles, "Those are pretty flowers Mrs Giles. I'm Miss Marrick; I'm sorry we have disturbed you from your gardening. You can't have had much peace with all this coming and going what with the police visiting twice. I hope it wasn't too alarming for you?"
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

If there is no answer and the locks / door looks undamaged, Gary uses the key to open the door. He takes a look around before stepping in, making sure not to disturb anything. "Careful everyone. Let's disturb as little as possible."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Maud then asks Mrs. Giles nonchalantly, "Why were the police called do you know?"
Keeper,I rolled persuade in case it was needed(40) [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3247553/]1d100=7[/url]
Dr. Bloodworth
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 13 years 2 months

Re: The Investigation (Everyone)

Post by Dr. Bloodworth »

Dr. Bloodworth
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Dr. Bloodworth »

Gary and Richard head up the carpeted stairs towards Arthur's flat while the others discuss matters with the Giles couple.

"Don't fret about it, miss, I was nearly done here anyway," Mrs. Giles says to Maud. "But the police didn't bother me, not too much. That second time did scare me a bit, but... to be perfectly honest, miss, I couldn't even tell you what exactly had happened. As Jack said, Mr. Borelli came down in the dead of night and woke us both from our sleep. He was going on and on, saying things in Italian. We gathered that he thought he had seen something, but I couldn't say exactly what. He wouldn't leave until we had called the police, though..."

Meanwhile, Mr. Giles greets Reg and nods. "Mr. Borelli should be here, he doesn't go out much." He jerks his head back towards the stairs. "His rooms are up on the top floor." It's pretty clear that he doesn't think very much of Mr. Borelli. The fact that he had frightened Mrs. Giles likely had something to do with it.

Gary and Richard can move to the thread linked above.
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Re: The Investigation (Reg/Maud/Alicia)

Post by aine »

"I suppose it's always better to have a conscientious lodger than otherwise Mrs. Giles; at least you know where you are with them. Well, if you don't mind, I'll leave you in peace and go visit Mr. Borelli." Maud climbs the steps to be with Reg. "What do you reckon Reg? How's your Italian?" Maud is a little concerned about visiting the temperamental Italian gentleman so hopes Reg will lead the way."I can't think of a good excuse for visiting him so let's hope he's as garrulous as the Giles' say." she murmurs.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thank you for your help," says Reg, leading the way upstairs to Mr. Borelli's flat. He replies quietly to Maud's query. "My Italian? I'm afraid it's all Greek to me - and I never learned Greek either. I only speak two languages: English and Cockney. Well, let's climb the apples and pears." He says this last with a grin.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Maud stifles a giggle. She follows Reg all the way to the top landing and, assuming nothing else happens, "Okay, I'll knock if you greet him." She raps the door loudly three times and then ducks behind Reg.
Dr. Bloodworth
Keeper
Keeper

Meanwhile, Out Front...

Post by Dr. Bloodworth »

Alicia sits waiting for the others, and at several points she catches herself nearly dozing off. Another carriage comes along the street, stopping a few doors down. A man disembarks from the coach, and gives a few coins to the coachman, muttering something. The driver nods, settles down to wait, and the man moves along the street to the house in front of which Alicia sits. He looks at her with mild surprise, pauses, and heads over to the driver of the well-to-do carriage the others emerged from and engages him in conversation. The newcomer is fairly tall, with close-cropped hair and a rather severe look. He looks rather shabby for this area of London.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Re: The Investigation (Alicia)

Post by BenTheRat »

Gary looks down a bit surprised. "Alicia was it? What on Earth are you doing? Following us?"
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Dr. Bloodworth
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Dr. Bloodworth »

Alicia nods, smiles and says, "Not following you with any evil intentions, I assure you... Gary, was it? I must tell you that I find Mr. Travisham to be quite as distasteful as I'm sure you do. At times, he seems to positively revel in stirring up trouble, spreading hurtful rumors, and destroying reputations." The man talking to Richard's driver walks across the street towards his own carriage, looking at the group with a scowl as he does so. "But he pays well enough. He'd like me to write a bit up about Peter Blaylock. It seems he has been struck with some illness. Do you happen to know him? I saw you with Lord Godfrey -- I understand that his son Arthur was involved in some row with Peter a few nights ago?"
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Bill ?! Bill !
Richard strides quickly to his carriage, suspecting anyone that goes around here but his companions. He gives Alicia a troubled look but leave her to the smart guy Gary.
Who is that man you spoke to?
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
Dr. Bloodworth
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Dr. Bloodworth »

The second carriage drives off, the stranger glaring out at the others as it does so.

"Mr. Maurice, sir," Bill says as Richard draws close. "I don't rightly know who the man was, sir. He didn't give me a name. He just came over an' asked how to get to Eagle Wharf Road. I told him, he was on his way. Had an accent of some kind. German, maybe. Polish?" He thinks to himself and nods. "That might be it. Odd bloke, he was. Actin' kind of suspicious, like, kept lookin' this way and that while he was talkin'."
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Oh, so in that case that is fine.
Richard embarks the carriage, placing the books and letters in a bag he holds there.
He takes a look at the others, as they speak to Alicia and decides to start reading the letters to the light of the street lamps.

Return to “Bad Company”