Pre-Game (Chung Yeung Festival)

A Police station in the process of being moth balled is the center of attention when Hong Kong closes the books on yet another year. Happy new year!

Accepting new players

Moderator: Dave Syrinx

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Pre-Game (Chung Yeung Festival)

Post by Dave Syrinx »

This is what has passed.
(Victoria Wolf)

AM 7:30
At HK Central
Victoria Wolf arrives at the new job. She took the subway to Central station and coming up the steps she sees the dwarfed block surrounded by the Titan skyscrapers. This area of Hong Kon´g Island really belonged in another era.

The street is milling with traffic as the city slowly starts to come to life.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: Pre-Game (Chung Yeung Festival)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Victoria Wolf looks at the buildings and the people as she walks by them, flush with excitement. She was born in Hong Kong and has lived here all of her life, and now she has the chance the help protect the city she loves and its people, just as her father has been doing for all this time. She knows her new job will be a challenge, but she feels that she is ready and is eager to face it. Confidently, she strides towards the police precinct where she will be working, looking forward to meeting her new colleagues.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Victoria walks along the sidewalk and comes to an old iron gate leading to the exercise yard of Central Police Station. The yard lies deserted, only a paper tumbling across the yard in the morning breeze stirs the image of total desolation.
She crosses the yard and enters through a set of blue double doors of the main building.
She turns and watches the yard again before heading inside.
Is this how the city honors its ancestors? By abandoning them and forgetting about them?

Inside she foyer she is greeted by Sgt Femming who she knows from speaking to him over the phone and from the HK Police college. Femming had held an SDU drafting call. Now, he´s supposed to get her a place to crash while on assignment here on Precinct 9.

"Welcome to Precinct 9, Constable Wolf!", he greets with a smile. Behind him, stacks of boxes await to be moved to a modern state of the art hi-tech station on the west bank of the island. No one else is in sight.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Good morning, Sergeant," says Victoria, smiling back. "I was expecting there would be more people here. Where is everybody?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"We are orchestrating a sting operation on a location belonging to a street gang we´ve had under surveillance for the last six months. It´s just me and Lin Hwai-min are here to greet you. Lin is over at the flats to get the vacant apartments ready. The previous recruits left some stuff that needed to get moved. We should go over there and help her out." He points in the direction of the right wing corridor and offers to carry Victoria´s bag.
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thank you, Sergeant," says Victoria, letting him take her bag. "Of course, I'll be glad to help. Let's go." She walks with him down the corridor.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

They walk past the Chief Inspector´s office directly to the left. It looks all cleared out. To the right are large windows with a view of the yard and a small porch. They continue past the clerks´ room and the detectives office. At the end of the corridor a stairwell leads up and down. On the opposite side from the detectives office is the detention room, where suspect are being held before questioning.
"The holding cells are in the basement."
Femming comments as he shows Victoria up the stairs. "No tenants, yet. The previous ones were transferred to Lai Kai Prison two months ago."

As they get to the second floor Femming leads her out on a built in bridge walkway to the apartment house.
Inside the building he takes point and walks up to the top floor. "We believed you wanted a great view. If you rather want one of the lower flats, we can prepare another one..." As the two officers get to the top floor, Lin Hwai-Min exits the flat with a black plastic bag, zipped tight.

"Ah, welcome to the loneliest place in Hong Kong!" She puts the bag outside the doorway and greets Victoria with a palm extended. She hesitates and wipes her hand on her thigh and offers it again. "Hwai-Min"

OOC:
Spoiler:
Are you OK with the ultra realistic approach to "being on site"? I think it´s quite cool to feel the life on the streets like this.
Over and out!
Attachments
street view flats.jpg
Top floor
Top floor
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Victoria grins and shakes her hand. "Victoria," she says. "I'm very pleased to meet you." She glances back at Sergeant Femming. "This will do nicely, Sergeant. I do like the view."
OOC,Yes, I like the realism.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Good." Femming seems pleased that his assessment of proper flat accommodations suits Wolf. He places her bag on a bed in the room directly to the right.
"Get your things unpacked and come down to the detectives office when you´re done. We have some calls directed to us from the new central office. Guess they leave the dirty jobs to us. But in two months we´re shutting down for good. Just as good we get some stray calls till then." He smiles at Hwai-Min, "But this sting we sent the others on will bring us honor and prestige with the chiefs, no doubt." He clarifies, "We have ten officers assigned to this precinct and they should be back any minute."

As he starts down the stairs, he says, "See you in a minute."
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Victoria quickly unpacks her things, not wanting to keep Sergeant Femming waiting. When she is done, she heads back downstairs to the detectives' office.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

When Victoria gets into the detectives´ office she becomes aware of the relics they use to monitor their cases.
On a white-board, or rather grey-board - recent deaths and licensed establishments are listed.

On the wall facing the white-board a laminated map over the northern parts of Hong Kong Island is mounted.
An old MacOne is used to entering reports and a telex-plotter is used for transcripts. On all desks around the room, Canon Typestar machines are plugged in and bring an air of technology to the work space.
Femming draws a new line on the board. "We got a 999-call of a 417 disturbance on Chi Lok Terrace 22, 4th floor, apartment 16b. The woman living there has reported a man with a gun in her apartment. She is screaming and bothering people on the street. Can you get this Wolf?"
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Victoria nods eagerly. "I'm on it, Sarge," she says, already planning the quickest route to the location in her head. She hurries back outside and over to Chi Lok Terrace, looking forward to her first real assignment. The potential danger concerns her, and she's heard that domestic situations are the worst because anything can happen, but she's been preparing herself to face this sort of thing for some time.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

ImageMoving out of the detectives office, she swipes one set of keys for the squad cars parked out under the car port in the yard outside. She checks with Femming who nods. On the way out she checks her service weapon and radio. Before getting out of the building she contemplates if she should ask Hwai -Min to come with but decides to do this solo. This must be her test run for sure.

Eight minutes later she parks outside Chi Lok Terrace. The Toyota Prius handled quite nicely. She surveys the street as she gets out and soon spots the cause of the commotion.
A hysterical woman is being calmed down by two civilians by the curb.
About twenty passers by watch Wolf as she looks up at the fourth floor. A number of cell phones are up and used as cameras. No movement in the windows.
The woman desperately tries to get free to return in to the building but is held back by the two men helping her.
From the report there should be an armed man somewhere. Reports rarely told the truth. This could be a prank or dead serious. When she was back at the desk, she´d know what was what.
Spoiler:
I need a spot check for this segment of the game, please.
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Victoria can't see anything when she looks at the fourth floor windows, so she approaches the woman. "Ni hao," she says to her in Chinese, a smile on her face and her voice calm and soothing. "I am Police Constable Victoria Wolf. I'm here to help you. Please tell me what happened."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

The woman stops flailing and looks at the police uniform. "A-a-a man walked in my apartment. He got gun. Point at me, say leave. I not go. He hit me." Victoria can see a gash in the woman´s temple. The woman starts to try to get away from the two men keeping her down."My child! She´s in there. I, I got to get her."

"She lives in 16b."
One of the men tells Wolf.
There´s a shot fired from the building. It is soon followed by two other shots. From the sound of it it´s from the same weapon or at least the same kind of weapon.
TVblog

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Location Bank of China Tower
From the top of the building, Bric Sodeyama gazes down at his latest piece of art work. The mid section of the sky scraper now seemed to have vanished in a blue haze. The amount of blue he had spent on those sheets of glass during the night had been a hardship. The result, however, was astonishing.

He removes his safety harness and prepares the chute for the dive. Before jumping he signals to Jimmy Chin to get ready to jump too, he dares his brother in crime and says "Live a little."

Then he takes the plunge.

[Camera zooms out from the close up. Showing a free fall down the face of the building.]
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Victoria instinctively crouches low when she hears the shots. "Everyone stay down! Get behind cover and clear the area!" she shouts. She looks the woman in the eye. "I'll go in there to get your child. You stay safe so that she still has a mother." She approaches the building carefully, staying behind cover. She'll worry about treating the woman's injuries later; rescuing the child and the safety of the bystanders is her first priority. In one hand she draws her weapon, and in the other she takes out her radio and reports in. "This is PC Wolf at the Chi Lok Terrace. A male with a gun entered Apartment 16b without permission, ordered the female who lives there to leave, and hit her. She could use medical attention, but her condition is not serious. A female child is still in the apartment, possibly a hostage. The male has fired three shots from the building so far. Requesting backup."

"Hey, wait for me!" calls Jimmy. Having prepared his chute, he too takes off his harness and leaps after Bric.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Chi Lok Terrace 22

Femming
replies over the radio, "I´ve requested a patrol from 11th district to your location. Constable Hwai-Min will be arriving at any minute too."

While Wolf hides in the doorway leading inside the apartment building she can hear sirens getting closer.

Bric
free falls for a few moments, then pulls the release. The chute opes and he steers away from the bank.

Mr.Handy:
Spoiler:
I need a 97+ check on the chute. Should the result be 97 or higher the chute won´t open...
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Cheers, Sergeant," replies Victoria. "I've taken cover in the entryway to the building. The gunman can't get a bead on me here, but my backup will need to be careful when crossing his line of fire." She looks through the entrance into the building lobby to see if there's anyone inside or anything out of place.

Jimmy yells with delight as the wind whips through his hair and the sensation of free fall makes his stomach lurch. He pulls the cord, and his chute opens, slowing his descent.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

After performing a decent landing in the regulated grass and gravel zone beneath the sky scraper,
Bric
gets free of the chute and lets it escape in the wind. He jogs over to the waiting Kawasakis and mounts one of them. He waits for Jimmy to catch up. Then he leads a race to the hide out.

At the den, he shows Jimmy a print out of a ware house close to the Crystal Hills waste plant. "There´s a trailer with electronics due for delivery to the US. But I have a connection who´s paid the driver to pick up a scrap order from Sanyo. A phone being ditched due skipping an upgrade. Totally good phones - bound for recycling. We can totally sell them as the latest model. But our gig is to let him load the phones - then to take what we want. Just knock him our and leave him to his fate. "

Chi Lok Terrace 22

Victoria
can´t see anything out of place in the entrance or the elevator area. The elevator is coming down, though. That much is evident from the elevator panel. There´s no more shooting from upstairs.
On the other side of the street from Wolf, a marked car from 11th arrives with two constables. The two youths in uniform open the doors and squat out from the car under cover of the doors. They draw their sidearms and scan the windows from their side. They signal negatory towards Wolf.
TVblog

Return to “The Siege - Assault on Precinct 9”