The Cranborne House Investigation

Modern-day exploration of the quiet Cumbrian village of Glendale to investigate the reportings of ghosts and fairy folk.

Moderator: ImpInTraining

Andrew
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Re: The Cranborne House Investigation

Post by Andrew »

Nicholas raised an eyebrow at the lack of something that would make that sort of noise. "Maybe we're disturbing forces that are best left alone. Maybe our investigations are awaking Cthulhu or one of those other gods Lovecraft wrote about." He chuckled.
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by yockenthwaite »

"Surely not dear," laughs Samantha. "That's all flim-flam and nonsense!"

She pauses for a moment, still looking at her husband. "I'm not the most enthusiastic camper in the world, as you know. But if you want to explore the woods, I'll come along with you. But I definitely need to change my shoes first."
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Everyone, roll Luck.
Everyone roll Spot Hidden - peek at this spoiler if you succeed,A ghostly gray stagecoach comes into view (seemingly from thin air), four horses hell-bent on moving down the road at break neck speed driven by a headless coachman. Roll Sanity Check: d3/d10
Those who succeeded in Luck roll above peek at this,You are in no danger where you are.
Those who failed in Luck roll and made Spot Hidden peek at this,Roll Dodge to avoid the stagecoach.
Those who failed in Luck and Spot Hidden peek at this,Sorry about that... this is going to hurt a little bit.
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by Anatomist »

~Bony End of Story~
Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Thorn »

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3101647/ (Spot hidden 40 %, rolled 48, Luck 45 % rolled 62)

Petronella cries out at a sudden pain.
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

Spoiler:
OOC: Spot Hidden: 21, Luck: 87, Dodge: 18
Nicholas' eyes widen at the site before him, "What the fuck!" He yells as he pushes his wife out of the way as well as himself.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

damage,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3122051/]Paul damage, Pet Damage, Nicholas Damage, Laurence Damage (1d6,1d6,1d6,1d6=[1], [6], [3], [4])[/url]
Paul is knocked aside with a heavy shove and can almost feel horse breath on his neck at the time. Nicholas' first thought is for his wife, who is off the road and out of harm's way. He's glad for that, he thinks to himself as he is suddenly trampled over by the horse. Laurence is flattened by the surprised, literally. And Pet takes the worst of it, not only feeling the hooves of a horse stomp on her, but a wheel roll over her leg as well.

Those who did see the carriage quickly see it disappear after the impact. The road is quiet once more. And though the vision leaves everyone in the group to wonder if that really just happened, the bruises remain to say undeniably, yes...
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"What the deuce?!" cries Laurence as he is struck from behind and goes down. He looks around but cannot find any trace of what had hit him and his companions. Though he is badly hurt, he sees that Petronella is in far worse shape. He crawls over to her and does his best to help her. She is looking somewhat better when he finishes.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

Samantha rushes to her husband. "What in heavens name was that thing?". She tries to help with his injuries, but struggles to make any difference.
Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Thorn »

Petronella groans and rolls over to her back, wincing at the pain caused by the invisible wagon. "Did...someone get...the licence number on that truck?" As Laurence tends to her injuries, she manages a weak, grateful smile. "Thank you. What was that thing?" She doesn't quite dare to look herself over yet, afraid of what damage the wagon has done, and trying her best to keep herself from crying.
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

Spoiler:
OOC: Imp sir... Nicholas rolled great on his rolls. Especially his dodge, rolled an 18 on that.
Nicholas looks at his wife, glad she's alright and looks around at the others. "The fuck was that!" He yelled out. Then he began to check his camera equipment making sure everything was alright.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"You're quite welcome, my dear," says Laurence. "I didn't see a bloody thing myself."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

ooc,Whoops, you're right about that. I'll edit Nicholas' hit points back to max. Something about your direction to shove your wife out of the way of harm threw me off I think.
Turns out, Nicholas threw himself to the ground to avoid taking injury. He is unharmed.
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by Anatomist »

Paul swears loudly 'What the fuck was that?!' and turn around to help the others that are wounded, and realizing hes no at any help at the moment.

First Aid 30% (1d100=47)
Ooc to all,I had to fix my post as some of the text didnt make it for some reason.
Last edited by Anatomist on Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Bony End of Story~
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

Spoiler:
OOC: Tis not a problem my friend.
Nicholas stood up and dusted himself off, assuring Samantha he was alright. He looked up and down the road but of course saw nothing unusual.... now. "Well that was pretty fucked up. A phenomenon like that happens and I didn't even have a camera ready! Fuck!" He was generally pissed off but as his wife knew, it was his way of dealing with fear and sadness and disappointment and, well the list went on. Anger was substituted for most other emotions except for happy or horny, luckily he was a pretty happy, horny kind of guy as his anger didn't surface often. He kicked the dirt shaking his head, "That would have been an incredible photograph! Once it was shown to be really I could have won the Pulitzer for that! Made millions!" He moved to Samantha, held her shoulders more gently than his tone would have suggested and put his nose to her nose, "Millions sweetheart! It could have made us millions." He kissed the tip of her nose and stepped away.

Then he looked at those that were actually hurt, "Ah shit. Here I am ranting when we got injured people." He looked at those around and said, "How can I help? Lend a shoulder to lean on, carry someone?"
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

Samantha smiles patiently at her husband as he talks, relieved that he doesn't seem to be badly injured. She becomes more serious as he mentions the injured people. "Yes, how can we help? What can we do? And what was that thing? I didn't see anything, but obviously there was something large to leave such a trail of devastation."
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Sure didn't feel like a ghost...

Where was everyone heading to next? the woods to talk to the college boy? I think that was right.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Petronella[/b] should now be at 5 HP, not 3, since I successfully applied First Aid to her and gave her back 2. That was where we were heading next, yes, but some of us might want to see a doctor first.
Laurence tries to tend to his own wounds, but the pain has finally kicked in and is too distracting. "Thank you," says Laurence. "I am in need of medical attention. I've done all I can for Miss Walters, but perhaps a doctor could do more. Is there one in Glendale?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “The Glendale Spirits”