Page 1 of 1

The Glendale Lounge (OOC Chatter)

Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:40 am
by ImpInTraining
Please feel free to post anything OOC here. This is your 'happy place'.

Re: The Lounge (OOC Chatter)

Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:15 am
by ImpInTraining
Ok, what's the secret for making a thread one of the threads that show up at the top of the list all the time?

Re: The Glendale Lounge (OOC Chatter)

Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:05 pm
by ImpInTraining
All characters have been copied over... we're about ready to start looking for players, as soon as I determine who all is coming over. Thorn (Pet), Mr. Handy (Stephen) are definite. Checking on the other two that were already claimed.

Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:12 pm
by Andrew
Well hell Tom you know I can't leave ya hanging!

Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:19 pm
by ImpInTraining
Groovy ... haven't heard from dsigfuss, but Imma assuming he's in.

Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:15 am
by Mr. Handy
ImpInTraining wrote:Ok, what's the secret for making a thread one of the threads that show up at the top of the list all the time?
When you edit the first post in a thread, there should be an option for changing the post type below it where you can set it to "Sticky." It's possible that a Keeper can't do this, which means that I'd have to if you let me know which threads you want stickified. However, I'm not seeing the option when I bring up your threads for editing. It works when I open up my own threads in Zombie Apocalypse, though. Maybe you can only do it for your own threads.

I still haven't rewritten my background. As a global moderator, I can edit that character sheet myself and put in the new one if you prefer.

Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:13 am
by ImpInTraining
Sure, feel free, if you think it's warranted.

Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:05 am
by ImpInTraining
I'd like to start out by saying thank you Mr. Handy for agreeing to play Professor Laurence Hickman over Steven hodgekinson. I say again, this was necessary because the game details specifically says the game can be played with 5 players as long as it is Steven Hodgekinson that is discarded from the mix.

We're ready to start now. I'm going to make sure the character sheets are complete and Mr. Handy and yockenthwaite get the private information they know about the other characters, then press on with in-character posts.

I apologize for the delay thus far... but let's get crackin'.

Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:34 am
by Andrew
Yay!

Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:48 am
by ImpInTraining
Private information is sent (or being sent). If anyone has questions about their characters or anything on the story setup, please feel free to ask. The module is a bit sketchy as far as character setup goes so there may be some contradiction here or there. I ask that you please identify them if you notice something that just doesn't seem right with what others are saying, then just let it go. Improvise as necessary. The background isn't as important as the story, so best not to dwell too much on it.

Here's a link to the IC thread: Welcome To Glendale

Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:47 am
by Andrew
Could you quickly post who is playing who?

Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:18 am
by ImpInTraining
In the character sheets, it lists which players are portraying which characters. But in a nutshell:

Thorn = Petronella Walters (the journalist)
DSIGFUSS = Paul Chaplin (Laurence's assistant / manservant)
Yokenthwaite = Samantha Hollis (Corporate Lawyer & Nicholas' wife)
Mr Handy = Laurence Hickman (retired professor and paranormal investigator)
Andrew = Nicholas Hollis (Photographer to the Stars & Samantha's husband)

Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:12 am
by yockenthwaite
Got my private messages. Thanks. Reading up on the character before posting in the first thread.

Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:26 pm
by ImpInTraining
Groovy ...

Just a note about the private messages to everyone... that's how it was prepackaged as part of the module. if you want to put a little of your own flair into it, I'm ok with it. What's important is that you enjoy playiing the character.

Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:10 pm
by yockenthwaite
I guessed that info was in the scenario - which I have, but am waiting until we finish before I read it. That's fine. I'm looking forward to playing my character. She's different from me in so many ways! It will be quite a challenge. But fun. I'm trying to get into her mindset ;)

Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:43 am
by Mr. Handy
No problem, Imp. I'm just glad the game is going forward.

Yeah, Samantha does look interesting. She was actually my second choice after Stephen Hodgekinson.

Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:33 pm
by ImpInTraining
I would like to apologize ahead of time as I tend to slip in and out of an English accent with the characters. Hard to wrap my head around the whole dialect thing sometimes.

Say, anyone have direct contact with DSIGFUSS? I need to find out if he's actually going to be playing, or if he was just pulling my chain.

Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:02 am
by Mr. Handy
I find the best way to simulate an English accent in text is to use English words, spellings, and phrases instead of American ones (you may have noticed this in The Terror Out of Time). I've watched enough British TV that it's almost second nature to me, and I've also been to London a few times.

Both Trixie and Piano man know him in real life (they all live in Vancouver), but Trixie hasn't logged in for over a month and Piano man hasn't for nearly two and a half. DSIGFUSS last logged in on December 15. You might want to send him a PM - or an email if you can.

Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:14 am
by ImpInTraining
Sent him an email ... we'll see if he checks that.

Posted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:57 pm
by ImpInTraining
Please welcome Mendolin, who will be portraying Paul Chaplin - Laurence Hickman's manservant / friend / bodyguard.

Posted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:55 am
by Mr. Handy
Welcome aboard, Mendolin!

Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:03 pm
by Mendolin
Thx Handy. Hallo everyone.

Few Q. for the keeper:

Can I assume that Paul already has the cell phone numbers of everyone in the party?

How is Paul supposed to protect Laurence without any weapon?

Greetings

Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:59 pm
by ImpInTraining
Paul does not know Samantha, nor Petronella, so he would not have their cell phone numbers.

And true enough... no weapons leaves you somewhat vulnerable. You could stop by a store and pick up some stuff, although firearm weapons aren't so easy to find in Glendale. Regardless, I don't expect a lot of combat in this game.

Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:13 pm
by yockenthwaite
Minor point but if referring to such phones in-game the British term would be "mobile phone", or just mobile. Not cell phone as used in America.

Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:39 am
by ImpInTraining
On the contrary... America has been using mobile phones more and more popularly and "cell phones" are more a term of last century.

They're actually both, technically... unless you're using an over-priced satellite phone. So either term is correct.

Posted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:44 pm
by yockenthwaite
ImpInTraining wrote:On the contrary... America has been using mobile phones more and more popularly and "cell phones" are more a term of last century.

They're actually both, technically... unless you're using an over-priced satellite phone. So either term is correct.
But my point was that cell phone as a term has virtually never been used in Britain by British people. Only Americans etc. visiting might be heard to use it. I've had a mobile phone since the mid 1990s and people here (and I'm in Britain) have always referred to them as that.

What are the nationalities of the player characters by the way? One has a birthplace in England, but some of the others have Miskatonic University degrees which suggests America.

Posted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:26 am
by ImpInTraining
Irrelevant - make up your own background. I selected Miskatonic because the Byakee generator didn't have much choice for other country education and I'm too lazy to find something more appropriate.

Maybe Americans called them cell phones because we had a better idea of how they work than abroad? Each cell tower supplies traffic to and from one particular area, a radius of effect called a cell. Anyway ... you gotta lighten up dude. The specific details do not matter as much as the story. I'm not looking for a Pulitzer prize.

Posted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:04 pm
by yockenthwaite
Thanks for the reply. Fair enough. After I'd posted I figured it didn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. So all good. As you say, the main thing is the story :)

Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:04 pm
by ImpInTraining
Hey all, sorry for not posting this week.  I had to bust my ass and get a report done.  I will post something either later tonight or sometime tomorrow. Can't do it now because I'm getting ready for a hike with the missus.

Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:01 pm
by ImpInTraining
Sorry for the delay folks. I'll progress this game in the next day or two. Doing a little travelling at the moment.

Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:36 pm
by ImpInTraining
Hope I haven't lost anyone... If you're still with us, can you give a hoot or hollar?

Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:58 am
by Mr. Handy
I'm still here.

Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:26 am
by yockenthwaite
Me still here too. But I'm taking a slightly back-seat in the game, as I think my character would. It's that or be antagonistic all the time ;)

Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:31 pm
by Thorn
I'm here :)

Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:13 pm
by ImpInTraining
Well, 3 out of 5... and I'm sure I can get Andrew back... wonder where Mendolin happened off to.

Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:56 am
by Mr. Handy
Mendolin hasn't logged on since February 2, and is missing from The Terror Out of Time as well.

Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:05 am
by ImpInTraining
Hrm... that's a bummer. Guess I can put out an add for a replacement player.

Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:27 pm
by ImpInTraining
Will post an add for a replacement player for our missing character - today. If you know someone who might be interested, please let him know I'm looking.

I intend on picking up the pace of the story. My wife just left me alone in Hawaii. This helps keep temptation at bay. LOL.

Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:51 pm
by yockenthwaite
Just posted my first update for ages. I'm still taking a watching and listening approach mainly. I think Samantha will become more involved later, despite herself, but for now she's somewhat detached. But observing constantly. And speaking up sometimes.

Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:57 pm
by ImpInTraining
Here's the thing about this section of the investigation... we are in the poking and prodding part... where you as 'the investigators' are supposed to be asking questions and gaining information. Nothing in the pub is just going to suddenly happen... no explosions, no monsters appearing, and no one is just going to suddenly walk up to a bunch of strangers and spill their life experiences (unless they're really drunk) ... at least not at this time. So in interest to progress the story, I'm seriously considering just skipping this chapter and summarizing various stories you've overheard.

Are there any objections to this?

Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:41 am
by Mr. Handy
Well, I positioned myself so that I can talk to Linda. I wouldn't mind playing it out, but if you want to skip it, that's okay. I think part of the problem is that we're missing a couple of our players.

Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:52 am
by yockenthwaite
I wouldn't mind skipping either, but I think missing the player who plays my character's husband is a big hiccup at the moment. He hasn't posted for ages, and would be an automatic person to do the most questioning, alongside the Prof and Petronella.

Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:22 pm
by ImpInTraining
Hey all...

I've become determined to see this game through. It's not very long, so not a very daunting task at all. And after revisiting several games here that I once played in that haven't moved in months, I was very depressed about the whole thing. I will not let this become another game that just fades away. So thanks for bearing with me.

I'm seeing if the player for Nicholas still wants to be involved now, and I do have a possible replacement for Paul. With that said, let's push on.

Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:06 pm
by Anatomist
I hope it goes smooth from now on ;)

Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:39 pm
by Andrew
Yeah I apologize for letting Nicholas go unattended as long as I did. I honestly just flat out forgot about this site until Imp asked if I was still playing. So with the site rebookmarked, I am good. Also is it possible to get a picture of Samantha up in the character sheet thread? I'm curious to see what the player thinks she looks like.

Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:04 am
by ImpInTraining
Yeah, no problem folks... if you want to give your character a 'face' ... feel free and post the url and I'll add it to your character sheet.

Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:27 pm
by yockenthwaite
Andrew wrote:Also is it possible to get a picture of Samantha up in the character sheet thread? I'm curious to see what the player thinks she looks like.
Will try to sort something out. Give me a few days to ponder/browse.

Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:50 pm
by Andrew
Sure thing, it was just a more curious thing than anything serious. I mean it's always nice to see who I married. lol

Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:54 pm
by Anatomist
When i saw Paul Chaplin was up for grabs and saw his bio i thought of Benicio del Toro straight away.

Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:21 pm
by yockenthwaite
Interesting that we're all thinking of movie stars, though I guess they are highly visible, and faces we are familiar with.

I've found a picture fitting the character description I have, and have PM'd details to Imp.

Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:26 am
by Mr. Handy
I didn't choose a movie star, but I did use a TV actor from MI-5/Spooks to portray Stephen Hodgekinson back when I was going to play him. I haven't gotten around to coming up with a picture for Laurence Hickman, though.

Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:42 am
by ImpInTraining
Samantha's image added to her character sheet.

Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:56 pm
by Andrew
Samantha is a hottie! Nicholas is a luck SOB. lol Bradley Cooper and Kristen Dunst make a good looking couple.

Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:35 pm
by Anatomist
Correct me if im wrong, but Samantha and Paul are the two skeptics to all the fairy biz?

Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:25 pm
by ImpInTraining
Samantha, yes... she's pretty much a realist. Paul... well, he's got no first hand experience, so it's up to his player.

Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:47 pm
by yockenthwaite
Samantha is a sceptic (and extreme Catholic per the description I have), but I'm trying to smooth things a bit in the game. Can't be moaning all the time! So I'm playing her as interested in a fairy ring, in a sort of way, but thinking all the folklore side is still quite a lot of nonsense. And she may become more dragged in as things go on. We'll see.

Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:45 am
by Mr. Handy
Laurence can be something of a sceptic too. He does believe in the supernatural, but he knows that there are hoaxes, so he wants to test things thoroughly to make sure they're real.

Posted: Thu May 05, 2011 1:46 pm
by Anatomist
bump :)

Posted: Sat May 07, 2011 3:32 am
by ImpInTraining
Sorry, still here, but visiting relatives until Sunday .... so posting has been postponed.

Posted: Mon May 16, 2011 8:26 pm
by ImpInTraining
That little delay was a bit longer than I had anticipated... but things are getting back to normal here. Hopefully, I haven't lost anyone who's grown bored of waiting.

Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:36 pm
by Anatomist
We are waiting for ImpInTraining, right?

Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:15 pm
by ImpInTraining
Probably... I suck. lol.

Nah, I think I was just waiting for someone to actually 'do' something. So far it's been a bunch of talk. But we can move it along. Sure, why not.

Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:55 pm
by Anatomist
bump :)

Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:52 am
by ImpInTraining
Can I get a sound off from all you players? Just to make sure you're still in...

Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:05 am
by yockenthwaite
I'm here.

Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:09 am
by Mr. Handy
I'm still here.

Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:50 pm
by ImpInTraining
Ok. I know Andrew and Thorn are available as well. Glad to hear it. Had to ask though cuz someone was sending me a PM asking if I had room for one more.

Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:03 pm
by Mr. Handy
Yes, BenTheRat was wondering if he could play Stephen Hodgekinson.

Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:19 pm
by ImpInTraining
Yeah, but Stephen was promised at the beginning of the game, then removed because he was the extraneous one - the one not necessary to the end of the story. Now, to let someone else in and hand over Stephen, who was promised to someone in the first place... just seems unfair.

Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:30 am
by Mr. Handy
I'm the one Stephen was promised to, and I rolled him up. I don't mind if Ben takes him over, or if Ben would rather play Laurence, then I could switch characters and play Stephen after all, which I had wanted to do originally.

Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:26 pm
by Anatomist
friendly bump :)

Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:17 pm
by ImpInTraining
Heh, trying to tell me something?

Sorry, been a bit preoccupied this week (story of my life). I'll post something soon. Got to figure out how much damage a ghost carriage would do to a person. (Handy?)

Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:22 am
by Mr. Handy
That depends on how fast said ghost carriage is moving. Call of Cthlhu uses an abstract stat called Speed to measure vehicle movement in the back of the rulebook (pages 284-5 in 6th edition). Speed 1 is the speed of a human moving on foot. A four-horse carriage has a maximum Speed of 2, though it could always move at Speed 1. Being rammed by a vehicle causes 1d6 damage per point of relative Speed difference. Speeds will therefore add in the case of a head-on collision. If we're being rear-ended, then the slower Speed will subtract from the larger. If we say that carriage is moving at Speed 2 and we are moving at Speed 1 in the same direction with our backs to it, then the difference in Speed is 1 and it should cause 1d6 damage. The ramming damage is intended to be used when ramming one vehicle with another, but it should work just as well for running over pedestrians such as ourselves.

Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:07 pm
by ImpInTraining
Damn dude, is there anything you don't know about this game?

Ok, 1d6 is fair and it shouldn't cripple anyone. Still busy now, but I will get this taken care of by this week end. thanks for your continued patience.

Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:15 am
by Mr. Handy
I didn't know it; I had to look it up.

Take your time. I know all about being busy, so I understand.

Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:37 pm
by Andrew
Damn Imp... Nice pic. ;)

Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:06 pm
by ImpInTraining
Well, thanks... got it from a real nice chap. Heh.

Had to shrink it down considerably before this site accepted it... which was a bit of a bummer... but small price to pay.

Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:21 pm
by Anatomist
Andrew wrote:Damn Imp... Nice pic. ;)
You made Imp's avatar?

Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:39 pm
by Andrew
No, merely found it.

Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:51 pm
by ImpInTraining
Wow, tremendous delay today posting. Don't know why... ping isn't too terrible.

Anyway, yes... Andrew gets a finder's fee. A pay raise of 50% to what I already pay him.

Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:21 pm
by Mr. Handy
I've experienced the delays too. It was worse a little earlier.

Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:18 pm
by Andrew
Yeah... The lag on here is terrible. I usually get a crappy lag on this site but this is exceptionally bad. I can click a link and take a piss, come back and its still not moved.

Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:00 pm
by Anatomist
Paul so need to hit a ghost in the face. ;)

Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:02 pm
by Thorn
Anatomist, er du norsk?

Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:23 pm
by Anatomist
Thorn wrote:Anatomist, er du norsk?
D og :)

Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:28 pm
by Thorn
Jepp :)

Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:03 am
by Andrew
Not sure if anyone knows Imp either in real life or elsewhere but it occurred to me to say on his part that his area was hit by Hurricane Irene. He said he probably won't have power restored until Friday. Just an FYI.

Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:43 am
by Anatomist
Good to know. Hope his people is ok too.

Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:12 pm
by Andrew
Last I heard everyone was alright, just without power. His Facebook page even said that he gave a thank you to the animal shelter his wife works at so he could get online nd do some actual work. He must have been serious because the role playing site he owns hasn't seen him in days.

Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:40 pm
by Anatomist
Andrew wrote:Last I heard everyone was alright, just without power. His Facebook page even said that he gave a thank you to the animal shelter his wife works at so he could get online nd do some actual work. He must have been serious because the role playing site he owns hasn't seen him in days.
What site is that?

Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:16 pm
by Andrew
Dark and Moody Forums is owned and operated by Imp (Thomas on the site) and moderated by him and myself. We have Fantasy, Horror, Sci-Fi and whatever someone wants to run. You're more than welcome to check it out. There are five people on this site... no six people on this site that play on there as well. Imp, myself, Piano-Man, Dsigfuss, Thorn and Mr. Handy.

Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:03 am
by ImpInTraining
Hey folks...

back.

I will move the game forward sometime tomorrow. Thanks for being patient with me. :)

Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:57 am
by Anatomist
Andrew wrote:Dark and Moody Forums is owned and operated by Imp (Thomas on the site) and moderated by him and myself. We have Fantasy, Horror, Sci-Fi and whatever someone wants to run. You're more than welcome to check it out. There are five people on this site... no six people on this site that play on there as well. Imp, myself, Piano-Man, Dsigfuss, Thorn and Mr. Handy.
Seems i f*ckt up my registration. i wrote smnlpzbrv {at } gmail as adress and the dropdown button set to @ gmail.com.
Im not beeing able to login.
An Error Has Occurred!

Username / Password mismatch.
The Username you specified does not exist or you entered a wrong password.
Can you guys fix?

Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:36 pm
by ImpInTraining
take care of... see your PM.

Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:52 pm
by Anatomist
ImpInTraining wrote:take care of... see your PM.
Works btw :) Im gonna lurk around to a game of intrest turn up :)

Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:12 am
by Andrew
Works for us! Have fun lurking around.

Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:58 pm
by ImpInTraining
I have to say, this is mildly amusing. :twisted:

Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:06 pm
by Anatomist
ImpInTraining wrote:I have to say, this is mildly amusing. :twisted:
I think you got some shit planed for us :o

Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:20 pm
by Anatomist
We should really try to gather all again, and find out what the fuck happen.

Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:00 pm
by ImpInTraining
Hey all... Still here. Will be posting something in the game soon.

Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:16 pm
by yockenthwaite
I'm out of posting action through Wednesday. So if Samantha needs to react urgently before then please NPC me Imp if need be. But I suspect my character can probably wait until I'm back in the swing of things on Thursday.

Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:43 pm
by ImpInTraining
I figure I owe the lot of you an explanation for my prolonged absence.

Something came up at work. They nabbed me and a couple other guys for some emergency detail to get a system up and running prior to an important system test. Now that that's over, I have some breathing room, but I'm still on location doing more work - stuff that wasn't essential to get done before the big test date.

There have been long hours and weekends worked... a 19-day stretch without a day off... last minute change of plans... etc. But I do want to see if I can breath life back into this game. You guys are so close to the end, it'd be silly not to.

Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:16 pm
by yockenthwaite
Thanks. Hope things settle down a bit more for you soon.

We're still here :)

Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:17 am
by ImpInTraining
Just an FYI - I am in Guam right now ... been here for a week (thus why I've been so quiet). I was hoping to hear from more of the players by now. Anyway, gonna be in Guam for another week and a half.

Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:01 pm
by ImpInTraining
Sorry again... I plum forgot about this game.

I'm going on vacation March 24th. You guys are really close to finishing this up. I hope to have it done by then. *Fingers crossed*

Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:27 pm
by yockenthwaite
I only knew about the new posts cos I have this sub-forum on subscription, to email me when there's anything new. Otherwise I'd have drifted away too.

I've just messaged Thorn, who's still active on and off in other games, but may not know this one has resurfaced. And any ideas for doing this ritual right would be good! So more brains the better.

Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:07 am
by Dave Syrinx
Hi, guys. There seems to be trouble with the notifications - even with the "active topics" tab. About the notifications, sometimes they randomly stop arriving.
I think the best way to find out if something has happened in a topic of interest is to check the "new posts" tab.

Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:30 am
by ImpInTraining
My ritual is simply clicking the 'View your posts' hyperlink. It gives me every thread that I've posted in and the new ones are at the top with new message indicators. The only problem I have is when a GM makes a new thread but doesn't tell me about it. It's rare that it happens, but it does infrequently.

Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:25 am
by Mr. Handy
I just go to the forum's home page and scan through the most recent posts in each board to see if there's anything new since the last time I checked. The new portal makes new posts even more apparent. I usually check once per hour when I'm online, though for most of the day I'm not. This way I find out if there's a new thread too. In the games I run, I always put links in the old threads to any new threads, so that it's easier for players to find them.

Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:21 am
by ImpInTraining
That's pretty much it, folks. The game is over. You succeeded... sort of.

The optimal thing to do was re-etch the Elder Sign in each of the stones, then dismantle the circle and bury the stones at least a meter deep... but there really was no way of knowing that little tidbit. Since you did the ritual a second time without first breaking up the stone circle, it caused an unstable space-time wave which knocked the stones of the circle out of alignment, thereby halting the paranormal activity and any further damage that doing the ritual a second time might have caused. The ritual was never needed. Martin steered you wrong there, it was an honest mistake of a dying man. I'm sure he had a lot on his mind those last few hours.

Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:27 am
by yockenthwaite
Thanks. Glad we succeeded, sort of! Enjoyed the game, many thanks for that. Enjoy your holiday.

Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:42 am
by Mr. Handy
Yes. thanks, good game! We did figure out to carve the Elder Sign into the stones, but I can't see any way of figuring out we needed to bury the stones either. I was under the impression that the stones needed to be there (with the Elder Signs in them) for the ritual to work. The scenario designer should have put in a way to discover the best way to succeed, or nobody can figure it out. It could be hard to find, just so long as it's possible. Maybe the leprechaun could give a hint away accidentally while trying to dissuade the investigators from doing what they need to do.

I'll wait until after you've returned and had a chance to post here before moving the game to the Hall of Fame (where you can still post, last time I checked, but you can't even see the game when you're not logged in).

Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:04 am
by yockenthwaite
I can dig out the scenario to read now (haven't read it before) so I'm going to see what else we missed. I agree with Mr Handy: I haven't a clue at the moment how we were meant to figure out the best solution re burying the stones. It sounds like a fatal flaw in the written scenario. Which makes us managing to get to where we did a really good outcome.

Much of the scenario seemed quite linear. But I really liked the topsy turvy bit after the first ritual, when everything went to pot, and we all wondered what on Earth had happened, and how we would fix it :)

Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:51 am
by Thorn
Did we get our bodies back?

Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:17 am
by ImpInTraining
(at the airport now)

There were quite a few flaws with the module, most of them transparent to you. The writer did mention, and I have to agree, if you did everything right in the end it would be very anti-climactic. Maybe he had no intentions of letting you do it right. In fact, the part where the blast knocked the stones out was totally my doings. If I gave the writer his way ... All sorts of Elder gods and Ancient Ones would be walking the earth as the boundaries between dimensions broke down. Yeah... No thanks to that.

Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:20 am
by ImpInTraining
Thorn wrote:Did we get our bodies back?
Yep, though Nicholas went insane from spending the past few hours in another creature's body.

Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:22 am
by ImpInTraining
And thanks to all of you for hanging in with me despite the occasional lapse in posting from me. You made it worth while. Mr. Handy, feel free to move the game when you want.

Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:29 am
by Mr. Handy
You're welcome! It's been fun. I'll leave the game where it is for now so that Andrew and Anatomist can have a chance to see this and post, and so that you can respond to it when you return. I'll move it to the Hall of Fame after that.

Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:19 pm
by Anatomist
Shite. Im sorry i totally lost track of this thread in one of the hiatuses.

Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:23 pm
by ImpInTraining
And your character lived in spite of it.;) guess you owe your partners a hearty slap on the back.