New York - 12th to 27th January 1925

Moderators: Laraqua, Raiko

Grafster
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Re: OOC: Chapter 1 - NEW YORK, Starts 12th Jan 1925

Post by Grafster »

Raiko wrote: Your knock on the front door is answered by a beautiful young lady with long blond hair and a figure to die for.

Old academic? Beautiful daughter?
Cowles is a goner.

Lets question him and getouthere before the plot gets him!
(sorry, sorry couldn't help it)
Johnny's rolls & Character Sheet
English: Purple | Chinese (Cantonese):Green
Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Post by Raiko »

Maksim Rukov - APPx5(80) Does Ewa find Maksim Attractive - [08]
Should have been a secret roll, but it was a critical success, so what the hell. :)

So far although Antony Cowles has spent a long time talking, he hasn't actually mentioned anything more than in his earlier telephone conversation with Johnny.

That's about where I'm up to with my synopsis at the moment. It's a little confusing to read there, as the thread jumps straight from Johnny's phone conversation with Prof Cowles to the battle at Andrei's apartment, as everyone posted in separate threads for a while.

Here's another link to your recent research with Miriam Atwright into the Cult of the Sand Bat.

I added the full handout text to my IC post as you've now met the professor, and seen the slides. I think most of the handout is more or less word for word what he said on the phone.

I've also added the lecture summary to the Handouts thread now.
imme
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 9 months

Post by imme »

Hello all. I'm horribly busy with Real Life right now and probably will be so for the next week or two. There's no space in my brain right now to think about this game or do it any justice. So I'm going to have to take a short break. As I said, I should be back in no more than two weeks. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

imme wrote: Hello all. I'm horribly busy with Real Life right now and probably will be so for the next week or two. There's no space in my brain right now to think about this game or do it any justice. So I'm going to have to take a short break. As I said, I should be back in no more than two weeks. Sorry for the inconvenience.

No problem, we'll try to wrap things up in Massachusetts and introduce Trixie into the game while you're away.

As long as you can get back in the next two weeks or so then I won't start chapter two until you're back. Hopefully Coffee will be able to post again by then, or will at least let us know that he isn't coming back.

I hope that whatever is keeping you busy in Real Life™ is something pleasant, and not some annoying work deadline. ;)

Laraqua, do you still want to roleplay the voyage to England? Or have your plans for Maksim changed now that Trix will be playing?

If I run out of things to do before Imme returns then it seems a good idea to spend that time roleplaying the sea voyage.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

Whatever happens, happens. :lol:
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Grafster
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Grafster »

The "heavy object" is a pistol. Johnny'd prefer to go out with but three people strains credulity. And he's got no idea why everyone is hopping up and down and leaving.
And I'm assuming that he hasn't 1) seen anybody 2) negro cultists would stick out in a small town.

Let me know if his brilliant strategim requires some sort of slight of hand check.
Johnny's rolls & Character Sheet
English: Purple | Chinese (Cantonese):Green
Decrepit
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Decrepit »

Does she need to do something to see whether she does notice?
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Hi, it was my wedding anniversary this weekend :), so unfortunately once I missed posting on Friday there wasn't much chance of a weekend post.

I'll be posting at lunchtime today. I'll probably wait until after Decrepit has posted again.

No problem with the concealed handgun, and no need for any rolls from Grafster - there's no reason for anyone to be keeping an eye on Johnny, so no need for slight-of-hand.

It's completely up to Decrepit whether or not Caroline understands what Johnny is giving her, again no rolls required.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

I took a day off work yesterday, spent most of the day out and was too tired to post at night. Sorry for the hold up, I'll be posting at lunchtime today. :)
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Raiko wrote: ...dashing Russian mercenary...

That's how Ewa see's him at least. 8)
Prof Cowles wrote: Anthony nods enthusiastically, "I could certainly try to help you; do you have Jackson Elias' notes with you? Perhaps I can make sense of them?"

Andrei has the notes with him in his satchel, with that rather large handgun of his. As both Coffee and Imme are away at the moment I'll let you decide between yourselves OOC whether Andrei is prepared to show them.

Obviously Grafster could also have Johnny pre-empt any decision by Andrei. I expect that if Johnny asks him to Andrei would just hand over the notes.

Sorry the game is so slow at the moment, loosing both Imme and Coffee for this section has taken the wind out of my sails a little. Hopefully they'll both be back soon, but I'm ready to speed things up once we move onto London in any case. :)

It's also taking me a while getting synopsis stuff to Trixie to allow her to take over Timour, but hopefully that will be complete today.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

I've finally gotten a complete synopsis to Trixie, along with a copy of "The Dream." :D

As long as she still want's to take on Timour, he'll be waking up immediately.

I've got a little more detail to add to the synopsis before posting the rest of it here, as the latest version sent to Trixie concentrates on Timour, and only covers up until Erica's party. There isn't too much extra to add now though, so I'll try and finish it over the weekend. Obviously I'm not very good at getting planned stuff done at weekend though, but I'll do my damnedest to get it finished and posted before Imme gets back. :lol:

As it will be completely up to date then, I'll be finally posting it to the wiki (and updating the wiki :)).
Decrepit
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Decrepit »

I suppose Maksim's role in the band is drummer. He's flaky enough.

Anyway, I'm fine with Andrei handing over the notes. Our fellow seems sincere and helpful and all.
imme
Disciple
Disciple

Post by imme »

Hi folks, I'm back. Thanks for your patience. I've successfully jumped through my hoops and am now back to a normal level of business. Onward to London?
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Welcome back Imme. :D

Hi, the forum downtime plus some training courses I'm on at work have prevented me making any lunchtime posts this week.

I'm not likely to get chance to post from home tonight, but normal service will be resumed tomorrow.

BTW: Now that Imme is back I'm looking to move things onto London by the beginning of next week, I just need to get Timour back to you.

Does anyone have any problems with me just resolving current events in Arkham with a single post, rather than roleplaying the whole thing?

I'm thinking of moving on to the evening when you return to the Miskatonic Hotel and presumably contact Thomas. You'll get news of both Thomas' trip to the Medical Afairs board and about Timour.
Decrepit
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Decrepit »

That's fine, Raiko. Just make sure you keep in the reveal that Caroline is a cultist. A cultist ... with a gun.
imme
Disciple
Disciple

Post by imme »

Fine by me.
coffee demon
Keeper
Keeper

Post by coffee demon »

Andrei belches and breaks out into a cold sweat. His face goes pale and he moans, looking around at everyone fearfully, like he's never seen them before.

He bends over, clutches his stomach, and vomits. An unbelievably huge mass of bile-soaked material pours out of his mouth - crumpled-up sketchbook pages, lawn clippings, chips of wood, the paw of a dog, half-smoked joints, a wineglass, balled up hair...

The mass of guck slops to the ground in a huge spreading puddle of stink.

Andrei stands up weakly and looks across at Elizabeth blankly. He blinks. His eyes brighten and focus. His face relaxes into a faint smile as he recognizes the people standing around him.

[OC: I'm back! Hoo-ee! Gimme a few days to read up on what's happened... I should be back in the game by early next week...]
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Welcome Back Coffee!!! :D

I'm going to try to move onto chapter two in London next week, after a couple of summary posts and introducing your friend Trixie into the game as the back-from-the-dreamlands Timour Rukov. Hopefully this will ease the job for you catching up, as new chapter almost equals fresh start. :)

BTW: Another of your friends DSIGFUSS will be joining us early in chapter two (on your recommendation, I hope I can live up to the hype :oops:). Maybe we should all just move to Vancouver and make this a tabletop campaign? ;)

This hasn't been a good posting week for me, another lunchtime that I couldn't get online for :x, but I will DEFINITELY be able to post tomorrow (there I go jinxing myself again).
Piano man
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by Piano man »

Hey if you move to Vancouver I'll play. I'm friends with that group too. We have come to take over the board :twisted:
Only when we are no longer afraid do we begin to live
imme
Disciple
Disciple

Post by imme »

Welcome back, Coffee! A mute Andrei has made the uncomfortable scenes even worse. :P

Return to “Chapter One”