IC: CH2 - LONDON - Back at the Ritz

IC Threads from the current chapter that are not currently active.
Basically just to declutter the main forum.

Moderators: Laraqua, Raiko

coffee demon
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Re: IC: CH2 - LONDON - Back at the Ritz

Post by coffee demon »

Andrei scratches his head impatiently as everyone continues to argue. He scratches hard enough that it looks like it hurts, and leaves his hair in a total mess. He looks like a crazy person.
Nathaniel wrote:I’m sure Andre wouldn’t fancy another encounter with the creature…. Would you Caroline… or you Elizabeth?
"I can assure you, I'm adequately prepared for another meeting with the Chimera." He stands up, looking irritated.

"Fine, then - I'm taking my rented car to the warehouse. Maybe we can catch someone escaping and teach him a lesson. If you're coming, then lets go. Elizabeth?"
He smiles and allows her to take his arm.

He looks at himself in a wall-mounted mirror as they head out, and drops Elizabeth's grasp, staring at the mirror in horror.

"My hair!"

He smooths it out as best he can, scolding Ellie in a hushed whisper- "Why didn't you tell me my hair looked like this? How long have I looked like this? Ellie, when my hair is out of place, you MUST tell me."
imme
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 9 months

Post by imme »

Elizabeth finishes fixing Andrei's hair without responding and then gives him a stern look. "You did that to your hair just now and I've hardly had a chance to fix it, have I? Do not blame me for what is not my fault." With that, she takes his arm again and lets him lead her out.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by DSIGFUSS »

"I can assure you, I'm adequately prepared for another meeting with the Chimera." He stands up, looking irritated.
Nethaniel raises an eyebrow at Andrei and can't help but blurt out a quiet... "Hm!" at his surprise. He cleans his glasses and watches quizically as Andrei adjusts his hair in the mirror. Then raising both eyebrow, he flashes Gwen an obvious look of concern as Andrie then berates Elizabeth in front of the others.

Then as the couple leaves the room. Nethaniel turns to Johnny.

Well that was wee bit dodgy now wasn't it?
Timour Rukov
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Timour Rukov »

Timour shakes his head and makes a few disapproving 'tsk tsk' sounds. "What a ponce!" He remarks as Andrei leaves the room. Then he turns to Johnny jovially. "Well then mate! Let's get a roll on, eh? Are you coming to the club or not! I can't wait to see what little surprises are in store for us there! Come one then!" He stands up and slaps him on the shoulder. "What about you, then?" He asks of Nathaniel, "Are you running headlong into trouble with the rest of us? Or off to the spice shop for you?"
You sleep well tonight because rough men stand ready to do violence on your behalf...

-Orson Wells
Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years

Post by Raiko »

Johnny was about to follow Andrei and Elizabeth out of the room, choosing to ignore Nethaniel’s rant about what he still regards as supernatural nonsense. He stops in his tracks and looks alarmed when Timour still wants to visit the Blue Pyramid Club.

“I thought that we’d finally established that we would stay away from that place for now and leave it to the police. I appreciate your desire to confront these maniacs, but walking straight into their headquarters is almost suicidal.”

“I’m going to accompany Miss Downing and Andrei, to observe the police raid on the gang’s warehouse, you are welcome to join us. If these criminals are anything like those in New York, then I doubt the police’s ability to easily capture them all.”

“Given the weaponry that I saw at the warehouse, we may well have use for your talents, and possibly for your favourite tool.”

Johnny pauses for a second to let the message sink in before continuing, “Or if you’d prefer to confront a suspect face to face, perhaps you could help your brother and Caroline, looking after Nethaniel and Gwen.”

“You’ll get to learn a great deal about the nature of ancient magic from Nethaniel, I’d imagine,”
he adds dryly.

“If you insist on going to the club though, then perhaps Maksim will go with you?”

If nobody else interrupts, Johnny leads the others out of the room, following Andrei and Elizabeth.

“We need to arrange meet up near to the Penhew Foundation later this evening, I suggest using the entrance of the Tube station that Elizabeth and Caroline used yesterday.”

“A small group of people lurking around there won’t look too suspicious.”
Timour Rukov
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Timour Rukov »

Timour looks at Maksim with a knowing grin, then winks. He leans in to whisper, "What d'ya say, lil' brother! Let's go hit 'em where it hurts, eh?"
You sleep well tonight because rough men stand ready to do violence on your behalf...

-Orson Wells
Decrepit
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Decrepit »

Caroline rolls her eyes at the Rukovs. "I'm ready to go to the shop. I suggest we not split up into too many groups, making ourselves easy pickings. Johnny's plan gets my vote, if this is a democracy. We should plan to look into the foundation this evening."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

"Spice shop first, drinks later," says Maksim with a shrug and a smile.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Cheerio!

Nethaniel raises his glass of tea in silent approval of the plan and sips; contemplating the scene very carefully.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

The story continues in the Tewfik's Spice Shop and Limehouse Raid threads.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

The Ritz Hotel
6:40pm - Thursday 29th January, 1925

Both the cars used by the investigators arrive back at the Ritz hotel at almost the same time and both are filled with tense occupants, although the Rolls Royce is in far worse condition than the Bentley.

And Gwen is not there!
imme
Disciple
Disciple

Post by imme »

Elizabeth steps out of the damaged car and observes the general state of affairs before unilaterally deciding, "It looks like we have all been through quite a lot this evening. We can retire to my suite and discuss our various adventures in privacy. We will order room service.

"Johnny, would you please let the valet know that we will want to file a police report for the damage to our vehicle. I am sure you can provide the appropriate details."
As she enters the hotel, assuming the others will follow, she remarks, "Gwen is planning on meeting us here, I hope?"
Grafster
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Grafster »

Johnny makes a strong, reflexive attempt to get out of the car without anyone holding the door for him, but the Ritz valet seems to anticipate his every move. If holding the door for a Chinese man in a suit-that-looks-slept-in bothers the man there is no sign. The PI spends a moment inspecting him before nodding ever so slightly in approval. He snags the man's elbow gently and begins to mutter quietly in the man's ear, pointing subtly at the front windshield.
What Johnny Wants,The story is long on having gotten terribly turned around and hooligans and short on specifics. Johnny swept the car out earlier so there shouldn't be much glass, and, if asked, the bricks with it. The young lady insisted on sitting up front to see if she could see any culprits again, but they didn't show their faces. Despite what the young lady said there is absolutely no need to trouble the police or anyone else. And Johnny is quite sure that any additional charges on the bill, which will be coming directly to him, will addressed in full. I am not sure whether it's possible to make a roll to insure this doesn't wind up on a police blotter or in the news, if he thinks it might be an issue he certainly implies that proper handling of events of this nature are the kind of thing that would encourage a man like Mr. D. to recommend the Ritz as a destination point for the other absurdly wealthy and indulged spawn of the New York gentry.
The issue resolved as far as he is concerned Johnny scans the outside of the hotel, makes a quick quite circuit of the lobby to see if he notes any lurkers before arranging for light refreshments to be brought up and heading up the room.

He lingers by the window of the room for a bit, scanning the street outside, before heading to the door to intercept room service (and make sure they don't make it past the threshold or overhear anything untoward).
OOC,Please make rolls if required, without telling me, for spot hidden, etc. I think we did that anyway, but it's easier for everyone.
Johnny's rolls & Character Sheet
English: Purple | Chinese (Cantonese):Green
coffee demon
Keeper
Keeper

Post by coffee demon »

raiko, please delete this post.
Last edited by coffee demon on Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
coffee demon
Keeper
Keeper

Post by coffee demon »

Andrei emerges wearily from the ruined Rolls Royce, pulling his leather satchel out with him. He surveys the Bentley and its occupants as they pull up, but says nothing to them, and follows Elizabeth into the hotel. He tries vainly to brush out the creases in his rumpled trousers and jacket.

Andrei won't bother speaking to the valet or anyone else about the car, since Johnny is already dealing with the matter. As he should be.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

Maksim shakes his head and mutters to Elizabeth and Andrei. "The cultists have Gwen and I don't know how long she'll be able to hold out. We have to clear our things and find somewhere else to talk. There's too many of them and one of them had, well, I'm not sure what it was. We won't succeed if we try and lay an ambush for them. We need to find somewhere else."
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

The Entrance - The Ritz Hotel - Piccadilly, London
6:40pm - Thursday 29th January, 1925

The valet tries really hard to maintain a calm demeanour as he sees the damage to the luxury car's windscreen and roof, but he can't keep the shock out of his eyes - repairs to the Rolls Royce will probably cost more than he earns in a year.

Regaining his composure the best that he can, he calls after Johnny as the detective is walking up the steps into the hotel, "Of course sir, I shall speak to the manager. Will Miss Downing require a replacement vehicle?"
OOC,[b]Imme:[/b] Please make a credit rating roll for Elizabeth. I seem to remember that you gain a +10% bonus whilst in London for being an American Lady or something like that. Hopefully the Ritz is quite used to hushing things up when young American Heiresses smashing the place up. :lol:
The Lobby - The Ritz Hotel - Piccadilly, London
6:41pm - Thursday 29th January, 1925

As Elizabeth steps into the Ritz's sparking lobby, trying to come to terms with Maksim's shocking words, she and her companions are almost immediately accosted by three reporters from London newspapers who have sneaked into the hotel to wait for them. One snaps a photograph of Elizabeth and Andrei, the phosphorescent flash is dazing after stepping in from the dark foggy streets.

"Miss Downing! Could I have a word?" Shouts one journalist.

"Have you all recovered from the tragedy at the museum?" asks another.

The horrified hotel concierge is dashes across even as Johnny enters through the hotel doors, and it only takes a second or two before the reporters are hustled out of the way, but the scene attracts so much attention that it is impossible for Johnny to determine whether Elizabeth's party are being observed by others in the lobby - everybody is watching them now!
Grafster
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Grafster »

Johnny maintains his composure, and carefully notes the faces of the reporters. He restrains himself from going up with Miss D, Andrei and the rest of the party in the elevator. She will be safe with them.

Three reporters is two too many. One might be could be persuaded to keep things quiet for the right price. One of them will be too scrupulous or too greedy...

He slips back outside to see if he can insure the cars are removed before they can be photographed.

After that he returns to arrange for refreshments and come up to the room.
Johnny's rolls & Character Sheet
English: Purple | Chinese (Cantonese):Green
imme
Disciple
Disciple

Post by imme »

OOC,I guess invisible castle is down indefinitely? I rolled a 70, which is below Elizabeth's normal CR of 77%, or 87% with the bonus. (And Raiko, if it's easier, I don't mind you making rolls for me.)
Elizabeth hopes that her expression in response to Maksim's news, if caught in the photograph, looks like surprise at being accosted by journalists. Luckily Elizabeth has been well trained and does not respond to the reporters' questions. Instead, she wipes any emotion off of her face and continues her brisk pace toward the hotel elevators, regally ignoring the sea of curious faces.

Maksim's words scare her and she feels an urge to flee the hotel immediately, but recognizes that it would be impossible for them to leave right now and not be followed, at least by the press. She keeps her mouth shut and waits for the privacy of their rooms to discuss matters further.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Nathaniel remains quiet and visibly shaken by the encounter at the Spice shop. He clutches his own case containing his crossbow using it as a shield between himself and the rush of reporters. As the cameras begin to flash at the party, Nethaniel slinks off into the background. He has no intention of further asociating himself with these yanks and endangering his friends and family in London.

Nethaniel uses the stairs and takes the time alone to ponder the ramifications of his burglary.

Return to “Locked IC Threads (Ch2)”