IC-Chapter 2-Friday on my Mind(Bill/Yeager)

July 1969 - a time of great turmoil. America is deeply embroiled in a hot war in Vietnam and a cold war with the Soviet Union, while on the homefront there is tremendous unrest as the culture undergoes radical changes. While astronauts Neil Armstrong, Buzz Aldrin, and Michael Collins are on their way to a date with destiny aboard Apollo 11, life on Earth is becoming more and more confusing. Defenders of established traditions are fighting an increasingly losing battle against those who want change. Sex, drugs, and rock and roll are becoming more prevalent, and the threat of nuclear annihilation hangs over the planet like a shroud.

July 2009 - a time of great turmoil. America is deeply embroiled in wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, while on the homefront there is tremendous political division and the economy is in dire shape. A new president promises change, but can he possibly live up to lofty expectations? Crime has worsened with the economic situation, the scourge of drugs ruins countless lives, and the threat of another terrorist attack looms always in the background.

Strange events are happening that link these times together, and a handful of people find themselves caught up in them. Will they figure out what's going on before they lose their minds - or their heads?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: IC-Chapter 2-Friday on my Mind(Bill/Yeager)

Post by Mr. Handy »

"One beer coming up," said Henry. He took an empty mug and held it under a tap at a 45 degree angle, then filled it. Once it was full, he was easily able to pour off the head because of the angle and then topped it off from the tap before sliding it across the bar to Bill.

Some of the patrons of the bar had been looking at Bill initially, but after a minute they had gone back to their business. Two of the guys went over to the billiards table, and one of them began to rack the balls.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 9 months

Post by Philulhu »

OOC,Did Bill recognise any of the patrons who had been staring at him? PS. Happy new year! Sorry for the delay in responding - been a busy holiday and I also came down with gastroenteritis,which still hasn't cleared up...
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,No, you don't recognize anyone, except the people who came in with you. Happy new year to you as well, and I hope you feel better soon. There's no need to worry about not having posted. We can proceed at whatever pace is good for you, In fact, you're well ahead of our only other active player.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Bill took a drink of his beer. "You come up against the Mob before?" He asked Yeager. "Any idea what to expect? I hear some of them can be real dangerous guys to go up against."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"No, never been up against the mob before," said Yeager. "There's usually an arrangement where we stay out of each other's way. But these guys are out-of-towners, which makes them fair game. And, yeah, they can be real dangerous...but so can I." His mouth widened in a fierce grin.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

"So are we going well armed?" asked Bill. "You don't want to turn up with a knife to a gun fight." He looked at Yeager, realising that the Lieutenant wouldn't have heard that quoted before. "It's a line from 'The Untouchables'...''
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I used to watch that show all the time," said Yeager. "Shame it's not on any more. I can't remember what episode that line is from. But, yeah, shotguns all around, definitely. Of course, first we have to find out which pier the boat's landing at, and we'll have to find that out from Brian once we track him down."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Space Oddity”