Page 1 of 1

Rev. Peter Tyler Jones

Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:35 pm
by kabukiman
7h30 am, Presbyterian Church
You are preparing to enter your church, when you see 3 persons running in front of you; they have the ugliest look you ever seen, with big protuberant eyes and some skin disease. They keep running, until they disappear at the end of Armitage street.

Re: Rev. Peter Tyler Jones

Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:03 am
by Mr Zombie killer
The Right Reverand Peter Tyler Jones muttered to himself, "Stupid holigans, think they run the town now days. Look at them now." He yells down the street, "You kids, if i could run after you I would make sure you all got a good caining and then brought back to your parants for another one if you have any that is. This town should get the Whipping Post back up and running!" He then entered his church and looked around with pride. This was his home away from home, although with his wife and kids he loved being home.

(Can you describe the church a bit for me? How many floors, rooms ect or do you wish me to do that for you? I have a church in mind, simple and elegant.)

Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:55 am
by kabukiman
OOC: Yes you can. Just remember one thing: the roof is damaged, and you came to havee a reunion with a person who will help with funds. The person (an ex-captain, must be arriving).

Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:20 pm
by Mr Zombie killer
The front doors led to a simple foyer. There were three rooms off of this foyer. One to the left and one to the right and one ahead. The ones to the left and right simply led to stairs that either climbed to the balcony or went down to the basement and there were side doors that led outside in these rooms as well. The one ahead led to the sanctuary which had an aisle and box seats leading up to a grand alter which rose from the floor on stairs. The roof was damaged in here. There was a door on the front right that led back to Peter's office as well as other church offices and Peter uses this door to go to his office.

Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:27 pm
by kabukiman
The captain said he would appeared after 8 am. That leaves you sometime to see your papers, and if anything else needs repairs.

Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:32 pm
by Mr Zombie killer
The Right Reverand sat down and went over his papers preparing his sermon for the coming week. He was a careful man so this would take a while.

Posted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:44 pm
by kabukiman
As times is passing, you start hearing several persons talking outside.

Posted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:37 pm
by Mr Zombie killer
The Right Rev sighed and then got up finally and went to the front doors. Opening them he said, "What?"

Posted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:53 pm
by kabukiman
It was a group of persons who were talking loud about some robbery. But you see finally Captain George

Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:22 am
by Mr Zombie killer
Peter smiled and said, "Captian good to see you. Care to come in? Can I get you anything to drink?"

Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:17 am
by MrFisk
"Good morning Reverend" Belowed the Captain, "Thank you but I'll pass on the drink, I'd rather get stuck into this roof business of yours".With that George gestured back towards the door, promting the Reverend to lead the way.

Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:25 pm
by Mr Zombie killer
Peter led the good Captain to his study and began to show him the statements on the roof and how much it would cost ect...

Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:51 pm
by kabukiman
After some time, someone is entering and shouting:
-Hello! Is anyone here?

Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:14 pm
by MrFisk
The Captained slowly turned around to inspect the source of the voice from behind them, but kept silent, presuming the visitor would be there to see Reverend Jones, not himself.

Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:23 am
by Mr Zombie killer
The Reverend sighed and said, "Excuse me a moment good sir. I will go see who is calling out." He walked out to the foyer.

Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:34 am
by kabukiman
Reveren Peter see a policeman.
-I'm sorry to bother you reverend, but there was a robbery one hour ago, and we are investigating. Did you see anyone acting suspicious, or acting in a strange way?

Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:28 pm
by Mr Zombie killer
"well yes I did. As I came to work about 4 youths ran past me. I yelled at them but they kept running. That was about an hour ago. Say would you like a drink? Also why is it I never see you in church anymore? Your not one of them commies are ya? I always thought you were a good lad with good American values."

Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:50 pm
by kabukiman
-Well sir, it's that now that i work in the police, i must do the turns of sunday since i'm the younger; until someone younger enters in the force, it will be my duty. But how were those youths? Were they black or italians?

Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:39 pm
by Mr Zombie killer
"Well young man, as much as I would like to blame robberies on blacks or immigrants, since they are usualy the culpits, this time I would have to say that they were really ugly with big protuberant eyes and it looked like skin disease of some sort. Anyway I will be talking to your captian to get you off on Sunday morning and if that be the case I expect to see you in your family pew."

Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:57 pm
by kabukiman
-Thank you sir, it would be very kind of you, my mother would be very glad.
He then leaves.

Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:51 am
by Mr Zombie killer
Peter sighed and shook his head. He then called down the hall to his office and said, "Captian why not come out here and I can show you the damage that needs fixed?"

Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:55 am
by MrFisk
Hearing reverend Jones' call George looked up from the papers he was studying and went to join his friend. "Sorry old boy, couldn't help overhearing, terrible business a robbery around here." Said the captain, shaking his head. "Well, lets have a look at this roof of yours then"

Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:23 am
by Mr Zombie killer
The Reverand led the Captian to the roof and showed him why it needed to be fixed.

Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:57 pm
by kabukiman
You have a discussion about the details, until it's all solved.

Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:02 pm
by MrFisk
"Well, thats sounds like a plan to me Reverend, we should have this roof fixed in no time." Said the Captain as he extended his hand out to seal the agreement. "I shall be in touch, and will of course see you in service. Good day"

With that the Captain started to walk back to his car, preparing to head home.

Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:08 pm
by Mr Zombie killer
"Excuse me Captain, I was wondering if i could buy you a spot of breakfast or perhaps a cup of coffee? At this time of morning I head down the street to the diner anyway and I would love to do that for you."

Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:37 pm
by MrFisk
"Oh, eerrmm.... Yes of course, breakfast sounds like a fine idea. I know a diner just around the corner if you'd care to join me." The captain hoped into his Buick and left the passenger door open for the Reverend.

Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:47 am
by Mr Zombie killer
Peter got into the passenger side of the Buick and closed the door.

Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:29 am
by kabukiman
Some time latter you hear a boy shouting:

-Extra! Extra! Everything about the wave of robberies!
You buy a newspaper and read:

"EXTRA!
CRIMINALS STRIKE ARKHAM
LOCAL ANTIQUARIAN'S SHOP VANDALIZED, DAGGER STOLEN
by Alyssa Valentine

Unknown persons broke into and did extensive damage to the shop of local antiquarian Percy Marmont, 44 at 389 W. Armitage Street, where Detective Harrigan and Officer O'Neill of the Arkham Police were at the scene investigating. While nothing is known to have been taken from the store, the vandals are most likely the same three men who were seen entering the home of Mr. Marmont at 495 W. Curwen Street this morning, claiming that he had sent them to retrieve something he had forgotten. One of Mr. Marmont's neighbors described the men as strange, with discolored skin, ugly faces, big eyes, and the odor of fish. A curious dagger that Mr. Marmont had purchased recently from a Portuguese sailor and brought to his home was discovered to be missing. If you have any information on these men or the dagger, please contact Detective Harrigan at the Arkham Police Station promptly."

Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:04 pm
by Mr Zombie killer
Peter finished up his breakfast and said, "Well Captain thanks for the ride. It appears we will be seeing each other later. I need to go pray with Percy now. Would you excuse me?"

Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:14 pm
by MrFisk
"Oh....eerm just a moment Reverend" Said the Captain, not looking up from the newspaper. "These hooligans in the news, well then sound awfully like the ugly blighters you saw loitering at the church this morning. The rotters have turned over Percy Marmonts shop, he's one of you congregation is he not?" said George as he spun the paper around on the table to the Reverend could see.

Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:59 am
by Mr Zombie killer
"Well yes that is why I was going to go pray with him now. Would you care to join"?

Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:54 pm
by MrFisk
"Of course, I'll drive you back to the Church." said the Captain as he stood up from the table, folding the newspaper under his arm.

Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:04 am
by Mr Zombie killer
"Would you mind driving me over to his place of business instead?"

Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:49 am
by MrFisk
"Oh yes, of course. I sometimes wonder if old age is addling my mind. Please, jump in."

Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:10 am
by kabukiman
It takes more time to get a place to park the car, than the trip itself.
Go to Percy thread.

Posted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:28 pm
by kabukiman
Reverend Peter after departing his new colleagues, returned to his house. After some time of meditation, he started to think that the name of Innsmouth was somehow familiar to him.
Make an idea and knowledge roll.

Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:14 pm
by neonaeon
Rev. Peter Tyler Jones sat for a while. Than, suddenly, stood. Now he remembered a summer with its parents in Kingsport when his father decided to make a tour by the seashore.
The tour had crossed several small picturesque fishing villages. But he only remembered one. A village called Innsmouth. And he knew very well why he recalled it. Because he had been struck by fear while beholding by the bulging eyes and strange skins of its inhabitants.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1957026/

Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:03 pm
by kabukiman
Peter also remembered his father told him a story of a brother of his grandfather who had been reverend in some place and had finished murdered. Could it had been Innsmouth? He had his diary, but never had read it.

Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:42 pm
by neonaeon
Peter walked to his working desk, opened the lower drawer and searched for his father's diary. He took it carefully with his fingers and looked at the dusty old diary. He cleaned it a bit. He had never wanted to read it , fearful of discovering his father's intimacy. But if his memory was correct, there could be danger ahead, and father would what his son to be safe.
He opened the book, swearing to look only for references to Innsmouth and to his great-uncle, whose name he was trying to remember.

Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:45 pm
by kabukiman
Make a library roll.

Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:55 pm
by neonaeon
1d100=90

The reverend, half-scared of what he could find in his father's diary, quickly flipped through the pages, hardly reading anything.

Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:08 pm
by kabukiman
Make an idea roll.

Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:20 pm
by neonaeon
1d100=24

Suddenly, something came to the mind of the reverend.

Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:21 pm
by kabukiman
Maybe there was something of interesting in the library?

Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:19 am
by neonaeon
Sighing, Peter rose from his chair, put on his jacket and headed for the public library of Arkham, always trying to remember what his father had told him about Innsmouth.

Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:19 pm
by kabukiman
He remembered that his father had warm him against the town as a evil place, without giving much more details. And some distant cousin had about 30 years ago being nominated there in the local church.
Peter arrived the library. Several persons were reading newspapers and books.
Make a library roll.

Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:31 pm
by neonaeon
1d100=96

Peter started browsing carefully the catalog of the library, searching for references to Innsmouth. However, halfway through, he wondered "what kind of book could talk about a small fishing village?"

Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:05 am
by kabukiman
When you are preparing to leave, you look at your neighbour, who just left. he was reading a book about local history. And in one page, you see a name: Innsmouth!

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:45 am
by neonaeon
Startled by the strange coincidence, Peter turned around and took a good look at the departing man, before picking up the open book.

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:30 am
by kabukiman
The man had abandoned the library.

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:08 pm
by neonaeon
Peter took his notepad and quickly scribbled the features of the man he could recall (height, hair colour, colour of eyes, and distinctive mark). Then he read the title of the book and started browsing it.

Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:05 am
by kabukiman
6ft, Dark brown hair, stocky, rough looking character with roguish good looks and piercing blue eyes.
Looks like a rough guy.
You discover that Innsmouth was a prosperous village, but for some reason it started to decay. There was some plague, before the civil war and most of the people died.
Earn 1 skill point of Innsmouth lore, plus another point from everything you heard in the hotel (total of 2 points).

Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:02 am
by neonaeon
Somehow feeling that there was something lacking in the book, Peter read it again thoroughly until the closing time of the library. The book gave him no new information (1d100=70) and the reverend left the building frustrated and determined to pay a quick visit to Innsmouth.

Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:00 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: When do you leave?

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:34 am
by neonaeon
Being late in the day, Peter decides to make his bag - including his revolver and a good supply of bullets - and go to bed early, so as to catch an early bus to Innsmouth.

Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:44 am
by kabukiman
You wife is a bit anxious about that, but you are the master of the house.
In the bus stop, you await for the bus. After some time, an old vehicle appears. The driver is very repulsive, similar to those you saw early morning.

Posted: Tue May 05, 2009 5:21 pm
by neonaeon
Peter climbed the steps of the bus, bought a ticket and moved to the end of the bus, ignoring the glares of the bus driver. He put away his bag and sat, watching restlessly the buildings of Arkham.

Posted: Thu May 07, 2009 2:17 pm
by kabukiman
Move to Peter thread in Innsmouth