OOC- Chapter 3- Over, Under, and Through- General Discussion

As the afternoon gets underway, the survivors from the T-Bone have been split up. The helicopter group must land at an airfield halfway to Omaha for refueling. Those still on the surface try desperately to defend the motel, while those trapped underground fight for their lives as they search for a way out.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Re: OOC- Chapter 3- Over, Under, and Through- General Discussion

Post by kabukiman »

I hope you buy a computer soon, and recover all the information. I have already passed by a similar experience a couple of week before.
I had already comented about what great story was the walking dead some days before.
Iam477
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 15 years 11 months

Post by Iam477 »

When the Wind Blows is about this old couple during the cold war. They live in rural England and the threat of a nuclear attack is apparently imminent.
A coward is one who in a perilous emergency thinks with his legs.
-Ambrose Bierce
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 2 months

Post by ryansommer »

I hadn't heard of The Walking Dead, but now I am going to have to check them out as I love all things Zombie related.

Can you tell me more about it?
Do they have novels that combine all the earlier issues?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

And I'm back! I've got a new computer, and it rocks! I just finished getting it and my Internet connection set up half an hour ago. I won't have time to update the threads tonight, but I intend to update all three sections Thursday night, so if anyone hasn't posted please do so within the next 20 hours.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by John Gaunt »

Ryan, in answer to your question re The Walking Dead, there
are several (i think 3) hardbound editions encompassing, I think, 12 issues a pop. They're a good read and the characters face some moral quandaries as they band together and attempt to survive.
thewordwasaphex
Keeper
Keeper

Post by thewordwasaphex »

Dear god, I cannot believe how badly I botched that! Poor Wallace... I liked the guy, too.
To cap it all, I go and roll a nice low number for an entirely meaningless roll with my other character...

All those plans, all those defensive theories... bugger. :oops:
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Well, if it makes you feel any better, he isn't dead yet and he's going to die no matter what anyway since he's been bitten.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Handy, I´ll stay with Kat in the OVER thread. Instead of adding another character, I´ll start to write up the LA Skinner Episode for launch in mid-July. I´ll set a date later and will make all old players know the new deal.
Have a nice summer, evreyone!
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

You too! Sounds like a good plan. And Laraqua is back now and should resume posting for Gardner soon, so that's good news - or possibly bad news, depending on what she has him do to Kathryn. :shock:
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
welsh
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 18 years 6 months

Post by welsh »

Oh NO!!! Not Wallace too!!!!

All my favorite characters..... dieing!!!
http://www.nma-fallout.com

One man's meat may very well be another man's person-
- Anonymous Cannibal
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Wallace is still alive. He's just unconscious and currently at 2 HP. A little medical attention will get him back up. Of course, he was bitten over half an hour ago, so he won't last forever. I thought you liked Baldwin too, but you didn't even note his demise. What is he, chopped liver? ;) Oh, that's right...he is! :twisted:

It's called Zombie Apocalypse for a reason. If nobody died in it we'd have to call it Zombie Turkeyshoot or something, but then it wouldn't be anywhere near as fun. 8-) Yes, our favorite characters will die, but we both know that's to be expected. They'll be back eventually when Zombie Apocalypse gets "reanimated" in the expanded version we have planned.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by John Gaunt »

What sort of "expanded version" are you planning for ZA?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

There was a discussion of it back on the old board. Basically, the story would be expanded to several different, though related, settings, and it would begin the night before this story started. The initial settings would likely involve the International Space Station, the crew of a U.S. space shuttle in orbit, and a joint Chinese/Russian lunar mission. Later chapters would be added as the timeline moved forward. One would involve a missile base, another would tell the story of the helicopter group's escape from Cheyenne in the early morning hours, another would take place at the Crisis Response Center in Omaha starting in the morning. You can find the discussion here: http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33871

The plan is very long-term. This is years away from happening, and will wait until this current incarnation of Zombie Apocalypse is completed. All of the characters will have another chance there, so some who died early may live a long time, and those who have lived a long time in this game could die early. There will also be quite a few brand new characters.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Post by kabukiman »

Probably by that time we will be all playing in virtual reality! 8-)
SuAside
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

Post by SuAside »

Mr. Handy wrote:It's called Zombie Apocalypse for a reason. If nobody died in it we'd have to call it Zombie Turkeyshoot or something, but then it wouldn't be anywhere near as fun. 8-) Yes, our favorite characters will die, but we both know that's to be expected. They'll be back eventually when Zombie Apocalypse gets "reanimated" in the expanded version we have planned.
i've been waiting for ages for you to find a way to hurt Luke. the fact he's healthy and at 99 Sanity must totally piss you off, right? :mrgreen:

i'm waiting for you to bring in the flying insects to sting him and make his head pop or something. :lol:

but you'll need a decent swarm for that, cuz Luke got a shotty and i bet he aint too bad at shooting skeet! :twisted:
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

kabukiman wrote:Probably by that time we will be all playing in virtual reality! 8-)
I think you're right! There's no reason this game couldn't go on indefinitely in its current form.
SuAside wrote:i've been waiting for ages for you to find a way to hurt Luke. the fact he's healthy and at 99 Sanity must totally piss you off, right? :mrgreen:

i'm waiting for you to bring in the flying insects to sting him and make his head pop or something. :lol:

but you'll need a decent swarm for that, cuz Luke got a shotty and i bet he aint too bad at shooting skeet! :twisted:
Actually, no it doesn't piss me off. I'd be perfectly happy if everyone except Luke gets killed or goes insane, leaving him to fend for himself. Still, Luke isn't as invulnerable as you might think. He took a calculated risk late in Chapter 2, crossing the weakened roof multiple times. If he had failed any of those Luck rolls he could have fallen through the roof and ended up like Azadeh and Samantha. Then again, Willie got a 100 on his Luck roll and he still miraculously survived. Mosquitos aren't the only things that can threaten Luke while he's up in his sniper's nest, either. There are things that can not only harm him physically, but they can also damage his Sanity - even at 99.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
thewordwasaphex
Keeper
Keeper

Post by thewordwasaphex »

Willie seems to be a bit of a lucky one - unlike Kincaid... :(
SuAside
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

Post by SuAside »

Mr. Handy wrote:Mosquitos aren't the only things that can threaten Luke while he's up in his sniper's nest, either. There are things that can not only harm him physically, but they can also damage his Sanity - even at 99.
i'm quite aware of that :)

but Luke likes it up there just fine, so why would i force him to change his mind? let the old fart do what he does best! :lol:
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

thewordwasaphex wrote:Willie seems to be a bit of a lucky one - unlike Kincaid... :(
Willie has survived, true, but his Sanity has taken a much larger hit and he has been badly injured, thanks to being on the receiving end of a friend's bullet.
SuAside wrote:
Mr. Handy wrote:Mosquitos aren't the only things that can threaten Luke while he's up in his sniper's nest, either. There are things that can not only harm him physically, but they can also damage his Sanity - even at 99.
i'm quite aware of that :)

but Luke likes it up there just fine, so why would i force him to change his mind? let the old fart do what he does best! :lol:
Yep, Luke should keep doing what's in character for him. As a matter of fact, Chapter 2 nearly did end with everyone at the motel dead and Luke the sole survivor aboveground, with the possible exception of Black and Sheen. If there had been a couple more deaths in that chaotic firefight, the motel could very well have fallen.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Okay a bit off topic but my game: A Weekend in the country, is still in need of players. i have 3 players so far and 11 characters. I am going to be bringing in over the next month or so another 6-9 characters. i think the game is getting exciting. The group just fought 6 ghoals and did pretty well although one npc died and another npc just about died and if not for some luck rolls would have gone. But i am looking for players. Go to the board and post under characters or PM me and let me know. Hopefully I can grab a few of you. It may not be as fun as this game but then few things in life are as fun as this game.
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death

Return to “Chapter 3 - Over, Under, and Through”