Agnes' Awakening

Moderator: Laraqua

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Agnes' Awakening

Post by Laraqua »

The asphalt quivers beneath her as she blinks past the ash that has settled on her eye lids. The world is all darkness but for a few glowing windows in the large building somewhere ahead of her. There's a police siren wailing nearby though the noise seems warped somehow, as though the machine is weakened partway through, perhaps damaged. She is surrounded by unfamiliar cars, rounded in odd ways, mostly covered by the fine layer of ash before it is kicked off by yet another gust of wind. Blinking her eyes, she can vaguely make out a large shape, twisted and bent, hanging in the branches of a large tree nearby, its rotors mangled, its sides shorn open, though it is too hard to make out any of the details. There's a body lying not far away from it, covered in ash just as she was, though from this distance it's impossible to tell if they are unconscious but alive or dead.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Re: Agnes' Awakening

Post by kabukiman »

Agnes goes in the direction of any door she sees open.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The ash gets into her nose and throat, powdering her hands and face, and making it difficult to see but she can make out some source of light up ahead. The emergency doors stand wide before her, the doors themselves having been crumpled from some great force at some earlier time. There's some sharp pinprick of light inside. Perhaps a flashlight or something similar?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

She try to cover her nose and mouth and enter in direction of the light...
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Agnes feels disoriented as she staggers inside in the direction of the light. It seems to be a crack, almost like a chink, in one of the doors behind the emergency room counter. The glass window that should have been transparent is black and roiling inside, yet there is still that chink of light. Somewhere, further within the hospital, she can hear maddened laughter that seems to come from a familiar voice but she can't quite be sure.

kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Any object she can grab to defend herself?
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Agnes casts around and sees that the best weapon close by is a chair. Perhaps in one of the surgeries she might find something better. Or even in one of the rooms off of this one. But here, by the reception desk, there's only chairs and stools. At least one of them is of the sturdy wooden variety. Either that or there's an oddly flat typewriter with a television monitor in front of it (OOC: a computer).

kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

She will take the typewriter. Then, against her best judgement, she will follow the mad voice...
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The typewriter is thin and light-weight and there's no paper inside but it's attached to a box beside the thin television by a cord. It's easy enough to yank that out, however. Unfortunately, it's very dark down the corridors that she follows and the manic giggling reverberates down the halls in the otherwise utter silence. But then, moments later and from a closer point in the hospital, she hears a woman's voice scream: "Help! Somebody help me!" Is that Nurse Sarah?

kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-Miss Sarah? Is that you? It's me, Agnes!
She walks with caution.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"It's me!" calls Sarah as she is dragged along. "Help, I'm being kidnapped!" The woman continues to scream, somewhere down the darkened hallways.

kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Agnes goes as faster as she can to try to save Sarah.
-I'm coming, just continue screaming to guide me!
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"You can stop this," whispers a man's voice in her ear. Blackworth? "You can stop all of this. All it takes is a moment of trust and then the deafening cacophany of her betrayed pain will knock the monsters back into their cages and perhaps bring the dead back to life." He pauses. "Or you can go deeper inside, further inside, and unleash the waiting god and hope it doesn't destroy this world as it leaves. If you even survive the journey."

Sarah's screams continue in the distance.

kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-What? Trusting what? Are you telling this is just some kind of nightmare and all I have to do is to awake?
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Finish the ritual," he murmurs, again his voice mere inches from her ear. "Sarah will not suspect.... Finish it and all of this will be over and the world will be safe once more."

Agnes has no light source, no way to find her way in the darkness, and she slams into a gurney, knocking it over and tumbling to the linoleum floor, banging her elbows hard against the ground. A door slams just ahead and she hears Sarah's screams are muffled.

kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-What ritual? The one that crazy fellow was talking about? I'm a good christian, I don't do devilish things! And even if I did, I didn't know anything about that!
Agnes try to follow the best she can Sarah voice.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The voice chuckles. "For this is God's will and thus you must allow the world to end? You have three choices: sacrifice an unsuspecting Sarah upon the altar for the engravings show the way and pray the world returns to normal when the monstrous Gods cease their mewling; journey into the depths of the catacombs to release the monstrous God and pray it flees without destroying the world; or take your friends and flee this place, decide upon your mates, and pray that the handful of survivors that remain around the globe are enough to re-form a civilisation amongst the ashes of a world that will keep trying to kill them. Those are your only choices. Don't deceive yourself into thinking that there will be any happy endings."

kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-I'm not killing an innocent. Let's save Sarah first-answer Agnes.
-Sarah, I'm coming!
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

There's only silence in response. Agnes has the feeling that she is all alone now. She reaches a door at the end of the hall and she tugs on the handle but try as she might it appears to be locked.

kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

She try to force the door.

Return to “Chapter Three”