Page 1 of 1

Agnes' Awakening

Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:49 am
by Laraqua
The asphalt quivers beneath her as she blinks past the ash that has settled on her eye lids. The world is all darkness but for a few glowing windows in the large building somewhere ahead of her. There's a police siren wailing nearby though the noise seems warped somehow, as though the machine is weakened partway through, perhaps damaged. She is surrounded by unfamiliar cars, rounded in odd ways, mostly covered by the fine layer of ash before it is kicked off by yet another gust of wind. Blinking her eyes, she can vaguely make out a large shape, twisted and bent, hanging in the branches of a large tree nearby, its rotors mangled, its sides shorn open, though it is too hard to make out any of the details. There's a body lying not far away from it, covered in ash just as she was, though from this distance it's impossible to tell if they are unconscious but alive or dead.

Re: Agnes' Awakening

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:52 pm
by kabukiman
Agnes goes in the direction of any door she sees open.

Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:18 am
by Laraqua
The ash gets into her nose and throat, powdering her hands and face, and making it difficult to see but she can make out some source of light up ahead. The emergency doors stand wide before her, the doors themselves having been crumpled from some great force at some earlier time. There's some sharp pinprick of light inside. Perhaps a flashlight or something similar?

Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:33 pm
by kabukiman
She try to cover her nose and mouth and enter in direction of the light...

Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:37 am
by Laraqua
Agnes feels disoriented as she staggers inside in the direction of the light. It seems to be a crack, almost like a chink, in one of the doors behind the emergency room counter. The glass window that should have been transparent is black and roiling inside, yet there is still that chink of light. Somewhere, further within the hospital, she can hear maddened laughter that seems to come from a familiar voice but she can't quite be sure.

Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:00 pm
by kabukiman
Any object she can grab to defend herself?

Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:31 am
by Laraqua
Agnes casts around and sees that the best weapon close by is a chair. Perhaps in one of the surgeries she might find something better. Or even in one of the rooms off of this one. But here, by the reception desk, there's only chairs and stools. At least one of them is of the sturdy wooden variety. Either that or there's an oddly flat typewriter with a television monitor in front of it (OOC: a computer).

Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:18 pm
by kabukiman
She will take the typewriter. Then, against her best judgement, she will follow the mad voice...

Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:15 am
by Laraqua
The typewriter is thin and light-weight and there's no paper inside but it's attached to a box beside the thin television by a cord. It's easy enough to yank that out, however. Unfortunately, it's very dark down the corridors that she follows and the manic giggling reverberates down the halls in the otherwise utter silence. But then, moments later and from a closer point in the hospital, she hears a woman's voice scream: "Help! Somebody help me!" Is that Nurse Sarah?

Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:09 pm
by kabukiman
-Miss Sarah? Is that you? It's me, Agnes!
She walks with caution.

Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:23 am
by Laraqua
"It's me!" calls Sarah as she is dragged along. "Help, I'm being kidnapped!" The woman continues to scream, somewhere down the darkened hallways.

Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:07 pm
by kabukiman
Agnes goes as faster as she can to try to save Sarah.
-I'm coming, just continue screaming to guide me!

Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:52 am
by Laraqua
"You can stop this," whispers a man's voice in her ear. Blackworth? "You can stop all of this. All it takes is a moment of trust and then the deafening cacophany of her betrayed pain will knock the monsters back into their cages and perhaps bring the dead back to life." He pauses. "Or you can go deeper inside, further inside, and unleash the waiting god and hope it doesn't destroy this world as it leaves. If you even survive the journey."

Sarah's screams continue in the distance.

Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:36 am
by kabukiman
-What? Trusting what? Are you telling this is just some kind of nightmare and all I have to do is to awake?

Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:41 am
by Laraqua
"Finish the ritual," he murmurs, again his voice mere inches from her ear. "Sarah will not suspect.... Finish it and all of this will be over and the world will be safe once more."

Agnes has no light source, no way to find her way in the darkness, and she slams into a gurney, knocking it over and tumbling to the linoleum floor, banging her elbows hard against the ground. A door slams just ahead and she hears Sarah's screams are muffled.

Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:38 pm
by kabukiman
-What ritual? The one that crazy fellow was talking about? I'm a good christian, I don't do devilish things! And even if I did, I didn't know anything about that!
Agnes try to follow the best she can Sarah voice.

Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:10 am
by Laraqua
The voice chuckles. "For this is God's will and thus you must allow the world to end? You have three choices: sacrifice an unsuspecting Sarah upon the altar for the engravings show the way and pray the world returns to normal when the monstrous Gods cease their mewling; journey into the depths of the catacombs to release the monstrous God and pray it flees without destroying the world; or take your friends and flee this place, decide upon your mates, and pray that the handful of survivors that remain around the globe are enough to re-form a civilisation amongst the ashes of a world that will keep trying to kill them. Those are your only choices. Don't deceive yourself into thinking that there will be any happy endings."

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:10 am
by kabukiman
-I'm not killing an innocent. Let's save Sarah first-answer Agnes.
-Sarah, I'm coming!

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:08 am
by Laraqua
There's only silence in response. Agnes has the feeling that she is all alone now. She reaches a door at the end of the hall and she tugs on the handle but try as she might it appears to be locked.

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:35 pm
by kabukiman
She try to force the door.

Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:26 am
by Laraqua
The door is firm under her fists. Heck, it even muffles the noise of her pounding.

Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:09 am
by Laraqua
"Agnes!" calls out Lionel from somewhere behind you. "Sarah! I'm on my way! What's going on?"

Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:30 am
by Mr. Handy

Lionel catches up to Agnes in the darkness, out of breath. "Agnes, are you all right?" he asks. "Where's Sarah?"

Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:05 am
by kabukiman
-Lionel! Is it you? Someone has grab Sarah behind this door, but I cannot open it! Please help me!

Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:09 am
by Mr. Handy

"Yes, it's me!" says Lionel. "Quickly, let's put our shoulders into the door together." As he works with Agnes to try to force the door open, he raises his voice. "Sarah, we're coming!"

Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:32 am
by Laraqua
There is only the screech of rusted metal to provide a backdrop to Lionel's shout. It'll take both their efforts to try to force this door open.
Strength rolls,Mr. Handy - you know what to do.

Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:37 am
by Mr. Handy

Lionel works with Agnes to break open the door. She is younger and stronger than he is, though he makes up for it with his determination to find and save his daughter.
OOC,I'm guessing we need to make a Resistance Table roll against the door's STR by combining our STR scores together. They add to 18, so with that roll we'll force open the door as long as its STR is 20 or less. If you meant for us to roll against STR x 5, that roll is a success.

Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:28 am
by Laraqua
The door slams open to reveal yawning darkness. There is no light. No comfort. No sound of Sarah. If she's in here, she's unconscious or perhaps in another room. If only they had a proper light source. Or maybe there's something around the room that could help?
Show,yup, you got it. Versus resistance!

Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:41 am
by Mr. Handy

Lionel feels around inside the door for a light switch and tries to search the room they're in as best he can for a torch or something similar. "We need light," he says. As he searches, he tries to figure out where in the hospital they are. While he knows his way around, the darkness is too confusing for him to place himself adequately.

Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:28 am
by Laraqua
He finds the switch but when he flicks it nothing happens. This area must have lost power. The room is, at least, big enough that he can't feel a wall in front of him although, of course, he can feel the walls to his sides.

Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:17 am
by Mr. Handy

"Help me search," says Lionel. "You go along the wall to the left, and I'll go to the right." He feels his way along the wall to the right, hoping to find some sort of light source.

Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:22 am
by Laraqua
"Agnes?!" Sarah's voice calls from somewhere below. "I'm down here! He sent me down on some sort of lift platform! He's still up there!"

Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:34 am
by Mr. Handy

"Sarah!" calls Lionel as he continues to search. "It's your father! Agnes and I got the door open, but we need light! Hang on, we're on our way!"

Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:29 am
by Laraqua
Make a Luck roll.

Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:13 am
by Mr. Handy

Lionel is fortunate in his search.

Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:43 am
by Laraqua
Lionel creeps around the edge and some sense within his inner ear notices his foot dangle over the precipice and he jerks it back, keeping himself from plunging headlong to his death. At that same time there is a creaking sound edging its way up towards them from the void.

Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:13 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Wait, WHAT?! :o I thought I was searching the room outside the door for a flashlight or something, and the Luck roll was to see if I found one. You mean that you thought I was in the room beyond the door, and I would have fallen down the shaft and died if I'd failed the Luck roll?

Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:27 am
by Laraqua
OOC,yep. You've killed folk for less... (like a failed basic take off and landing) :P You'd been walking down a corridor so I didn't think you'd search it for a flashlight when you knew Sarah was trapped somewhere inside. Permanently insane and all that.... It's all good. You made the roll.

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:16 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,But I specifically said in my post on August 9 (August 8 in the U.S.) that I was searching the room I was already in for a light source, in response to your post just below it. I repeated that I was searching in each of the posts that followed. I never went through the door into the corridor beyond, and I never suspected that you thought I had. You didn't describe going up the stairs that [b]Sarah[/b] was dragged up, which came before the shaft. I knew that a light source would be essential, especially when [b]Sarah[/b] warned [b]Lionel[/b] that there was a lift. I was also feeling my way along the wall, so I should have noticed that there was no wall there before stepping into the shaft anyway. I'm also only indefinitely insane, not permanently insane. My point is that I shouldn't risk death because I said I was doing one thing and the Keeper had me do something else instead. This sort of thing actually happened to me once in a roleplaying game in college, and my character died as a result. The GM had mixed me up with one of the other players who looked a lot like me (and whose first name also started with the same letter, which didn't help). When I pointed it out after the fact, he realized that he had made a mistake, but my character's death still stood. Luckily it was D&D, and death wasn't permanent. I did get resurrected, but it still cost me. The helicopter crash was more complicated than that. The landing conditions were far from ideal. It was dark, there were zombies known to be in the area, and while the ground was relatively flat, it wasn't perfectly so. Even so, a regular failure would not have resulted in a crash, but you got a critical failure on your Pilot Helicopter roll, and a 99 at that. Then you critically failed your Luck roll to see how badly hurt you'd be, but even then you were still highly likely to survive. However, the damage roll was abnormally high. The odds of dying there were miniscule, a far cry from the 30% chance in this instance. Most importantly, you made a choice to set down the chopper rather than lowering a ladder to let people aboard. It was a small risk, but the risk was there. You didn't say you were lowering the ladder and then have me think you were landing and proceed accordingly.
Image Image

Lionel sees a faint glow that shines briefly from below. A few seconds later, it shines brighter before going out again, and he can hear a rumbling sound coming up. This continues for a short while before the sound stops and a light flares to reveal Sarah lying down on a lift platform, holding a lighter in her hand. She makes her way onto solid ground and over to where Lionel and Agnes are standing, flicking off the lighter before it gets too hot.

"Sarah!" cries Lionel, overjoyed, as he embraces her tightly. "Are you all right?"

Sarah doesn't recognize Lionel, but she feels like she belongs in his arms. "I...I think so," she says, "but I can't remember anything. I don't know what's going on or where I am or who kidnapped me or why." She doesn't have the heart to tell him she doesn't even remember him.

"That's perfectly understandable. After everything that's happened, you must have blocked it all out. There's a part of you that would rather not remember, so you can't."

"But what happened? What was so horrible that I can't recall it?"

"Are you sure you want to know, Sarah?"

"I think I'd better know. Otherwise I'll always wonder, and my imagination will probably fill in worse things than whatever actually happened to me."

"It's not just to you. Terrible things have happened to people you love, and that affected you worse than anything you've been through." He squeezes his daugher's shoulders. "Try clearing your head and letting go. Just let the memories return."

Sarah tries, but it's no good. "I can't. I think part of me still doesn't want to know."
OOC,Can [b]Sarah[/b] try Psychoanalysis on herself?

Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:50 am
by Laraqua
Everything is silent. Everything is still. It is almost as though the world itself is waiting for them. As though time itself is unfolding around them and giving them the space they need to make what decisions are necessary. Here it almost feels safe. Almost. As safe as standing upon the precipice of a momentous action can possibly be.

Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:27 am
by Mr. Handy
Image Image

Sarah presses her face into Lionel's shoulder and sobs. "I was so frightened," she sniffles. "I didn't know what he was going to do to me. And then he sent me down alone into that horrible place. It was some huge underground cave with tracks leading off."

"It's all right, Sarah," says Lionel, hugging her. "We're here now, and everything's going to be okay soon. I was afraid I would lose you, but now that we're together again we'll get through this. I think we're going to have to go down there to set things to rights. I need you to be brave. You were fearless earlier, and you can be again."

"Fearless? That doesn't sound like me."

"You weren't like that before, but you've come through everything stronger. You saved my life. I'm so proud of you, Sarah."

"I did? I can't remember any of this."

"You will, in time."

"Thank you so much for finding me. I don't know what I would have done if you hadn't been there, you and Agnes. I...I'm sorry, Agnes, I can't remember you. Are we sisters?"

Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:21 pm
by kabukiman
-No, we actually just met some hours ago. I knew your father and tried to help him.

Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:24 am
by Mr. Handy
Image Image

"Well, I'm glad you did," says Sarah. She smiles, though it can't be seen in the dark. "It's nice meeting you...again. So, where are we and what is happening?"

"It's not going to be easy for you to hear this, Sarah," says Lionel, holding her tight. "We're in Mercy Cross Hospital, where we worked. I'm afraid that the world as we know it is no more, but we have a chance to set things right and restore everything the way it was before. If we succeed, even those who have died may live again. Basically, a wave passed over the world turning almost everyone in it to ash. We survived, along with various others, because we were sealed in protected environments when it hit."

Sarah's knees go weak, but her father supports her. "Oh, God..."

"I'm sorry to say that it got worse than that. There are monsters roaming around, and it seems that our fears can become reality."

"How could this have happened?"

"There is a being, referred to as a 'taboo,' that is hidden underneath this very hospital. In fact, that lift may go down to its lair. It was accidentally unearthed a long time ago, but it was kept in check when it was discovered, also by accident, that betraying and sacrificing someone could suppress it for a while. The people who found it later learned that sacrificing an innocent child could keep it down for seven years."

"How horrible!"

"Yes, it is. I learned all of this from Louie, a janitor who worked in the hospital who was part of this secret group of people until he broke away from it. They were grooming a little orphan girl named Brianna to be the next sacrifice, and Louie was supposed to be the one who betrayed her. He couldn't go through with it, though. The taboo had already awakened by this point - Louie said it was because they reduced the sacrifices to every ten years - and that is what caused all of this to happen. The taboo got the attention of something from outside our world that came here searching for it, and it used the ashing wave to try to find it. The ash helps it search somehow. What I think we need to do is find the taboo ourselves and lead this otherworldly entity to it. I'm hoping that the entity will take the taboo away with it, leaving the world alone. I believe this will also restore everything to the way it was, so that none of this destruction will have ever happened. Even if that doesn't work, the world should still be free of these beings' influence, and we'll be able to rebuild it."

Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:34 am
by kabukiman
-By the way, I heard a voice telling me how we could end this, I think it was that man, Blackworth. We should go deeper inside, how did he say? "further inside, and unleash the god and hope he doesn't destroy the world when he is leaving If you survive the journey." or something like that.
Agnes don't tell the first part of the talk.

Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:29 am
by Mr. Handy
Image Image

"You and I know him better as Daniel Scott, Agnes," says Lionel. "He was the air raid warden, if you recall."

"Air raid warden?" asks Sarah.

"Yes, I somehow ended up going back in time to 1941, which is where I met Agnes. We eventually returned to the present through some equally unknown means. Daniel got taken over by the entity that did this to the world, and you and Dahlia had to use a special powder to stop it. Unfortunately, he got turned into ash too."

"Who's Dahlia?"

"She's a little girl who was at the hospital. You've been keeping her safe and looking after her, and you've taken a real shine to each other. I always knew you'd make a wonderful mother, Sarah."

"Where is she now?"

"I wish I knew. There were several of us in the helicopter. A monster tore it open and everything went dark. When I awakened, there was nobody else around. I saw the helicopter's wreckage up in the trees, but I was lying on the ground. It's possible that she's still up there, but I didn't have time to look. I heard you screaming and had to hurry to find you. You formed a close bond with Brianna too, and so did I. She's been like a second daughter to me. I saw her fall out of the helicopter when it opened up, but I have hope that she's still alive somewhere."

"This is all so confusing."

"Believe me, you're not the only one who's confused. Agnes, when you saw Daniel and he talked to you, that wasn't the first time something like that happened. Sarah told me earlier that she saw her mother, who spoke to her. I wish I could have seen her again too."

"You mean my mother...is dead?"

"I'm sorry, Sarah. It was a long time ago, when you were little. We've always had each other, though. We were apart when all of this started, but I knew I'd see you again, and that thought kept me going even when all of those years separated us."

Sarah clings to Lionel as memories start to tricle back. "Please, don't ever leave me."

"Not if I have anything to say about it, I won't. I love you so much, Sarah."

"I love you too, Daddy." Sarah hugs him, and they say nothing for a little while.

"We're going to need some light sources before we go down there," Lionel says at last.

"I've got this lighter, but that's all I have. We'll need something better than that." Sarah flicks the lighter on and takes a good look around.

Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:40 am
by Laraqua
The faint light from the lighter is almost blinding after all this darkness but they can see again after a few moment's blinking. The room seems to have been badly damaged. A set of steel shelving against one wall has been yanked down, the items in it swept into a corner, and several of the bars that ring the moving platform have been sheared off leaving little stubs behind. There's grubby handprints everywhere, child-sized, reaching up high and down low and all around them. The goods on the steel shelving seem to be mostly candles and even some flashlights but they've been shattered, no, pulverised against the floor before being swept into that corner.

The Emergency Wardens are bound to have flashlights at their desks in case the Emergency Power somehow went out.

Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:29 am
by Mr. Handy
Image Image

"We'd better go back the way we came for now," says Lionel. "We need to find the Emergency Wardens' desks. They'll have torches there."

Sarah nods and puts her arms around her father's waist. "Okay, let's go," she says. As they walk, she flicks the lighter off for a short time every so often to let it cool before flicking it back on again, waiting in place rather than risking stumbling through the darkness. They return through the busted-open door and look around the room on the outside.

Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:34 am
by Laraqua
They find themselves in a long corridor that heads in an L-shape from this location. It takes Lionel a few moments but he soon recalls where he is after checking the labels on a few doors and some of the hanging signs. The Emergency Area just down the hall would have Emergency Warden equipment in the office behind the counter.

Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:48 am
by Mr. Handy
Image Image

"I know where we are," says Lionel. "This way, it's not far." He leads Sarah and Agnes carefully towards the Emergency Area.

Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:25 pm
by kabukiman
Agnes follow more relieved, since she has now company.

Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:03 am
by Laraqua
They make their way through the darkness into the emergency area and find a large room with the shattered emergency room doors. There seems to be a crack of light, almost like a chink, in one of the doors behind the emergency room counter. The glass window that should have been transparent is black and roiling inside, yet there is still that chink of light. Behind the reception desk are chairs and filing cabinets and a few other cupboards. The Emergency Warden kit and flashlights should be on the counters.

Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:21 am
by kabukiman
Agnes start looking for them.

Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:25 pm
by Mr. Handy
Image Image

"They should be on the counters," whispers Lionel as he guides Sarah over, "That room back there seems to have a light on too. We might want to check that out next, but carefully." Lionel and Sarah also search the counters.

Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:04 am
by Laraqua
There's a couple of yellow tin helmets and three flashlights in one of the cupboards near the compulsory emergency first aid kit.

Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:30 am
by Mr. Handy
Image Image

"Ah, here we are," says Lionel softly as he distributes the torches. "Putting on the helmets would be a good idea too, considering where we're headed. Sarah, you should take the first aid kit. I still have that excellent paramedic's kit that I got from Jennifer."

"Who's Jennifer?" asks Sarah, picking up the first aid kit. "I don't remember her."

"You never met her, but you'd have liked her. She worked at the cinema."
OOC,Are there only two helmets, or are there three?

Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:13 am
by Laraqua
Show,Three.

Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:03 pm
by kabukiman
-What hapened to her?-asks Agnes as she puts the helmet.

Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:51 am
by Mr. Handy
Image Image

Lionel and Sarah also put on their helmets. "She went back to 1941 as well," says Lionel, "but we arrived separately and in the middle of an air raid. Sadly, she was killed. I almost bought a plot myself, but I survived with a head wound, trapped under the rubble. Daniel found me and dug me out, and I was able to treat my injury on the spot. Otherwise I'd have had to stay in hospital. It's a good thing I didn't. Doctors make the worst patients. I helped Daniel look for other survivors, thinking correctly that I wasn't the only one who'd gone back in time. I found Jennifer, but it was too late for her. Ronald and Brianna went back too, and we later ran into them." He listens carefully at the door with the light behind it.

Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:57 am
by Laraqua
He can't hear anything.

Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:57 am
by Laraqua
He can't hear anything.

Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:05 am
by Mr. Handy

Lionel tries to open the door and see what's on the other side.

Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:39 am
by Laraqua
Its the administration office where the receptionist support staff perform their administrative duties. The room is silent and relatively undisturbed barring a single flashlight that sits on one of the desks and points towards the door. It's one of those heavy-duty flashlights and is unlikely to have come from any of the local workers. There's no sign that anyone else is here now but as you approach you can see candy wrappers on the linoleum and a rusty smear that leads underneath one of the rear-most desks. There doesn't seem to be much point in checking out where that smear leads....

Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:39 am
by Mr. Handy
Image Image

Lionel picks up the heavy flashlight. "It's always good to have a spare," he says, "and this one probably provides more light. Plus it'll make a decent blunt instrument in a pinch."

Sarah sidles around the desks, keeping her distance from them but positioning herself so that she can see underneath the one to which the smear leads.

Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:31 am
by Laraqua
There's a mishappen bundle underneath there about the size and shape of a body... She could crouch down to get a better look but it would be yet another hit to the soul that she might not want to confront right now.
Show,Potential sanity hit ahead!

Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:11 am
by Mr. Handy
Image Image

Sarah turns away and throws her arms around her father. "I can't look," she whimpers.

"Neither can I," says Lionel, holding his daughter tight.

"Someone's probably dead down there...but what if they're still alive and badly hurt?"
OOC,Does it look like the person lost so much blood in those smears that whoever it is can't be alive?

Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:17 am
by Laraqua
They could live through it. It wouldn't be pretty or that likely,though. Smears are hard to be sure but they lost at least a pint or two of blood.

Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:13 am
by Mr. Handy

"I'd never forgive myself if whoever it is was still alive and I didn't try to save them," says Sarah. "I have to look, just in case.". Reluctantly, she detaches herself from Lionel. Keeping her first aid kit ready, she steels herself and crouches low to peer beneath the desk.

Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:34 pm
by kabukiman
Agnes come near, but very cautious...

Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:26 am
by Laraqua
The bloodied bundle of clothing is all bunched up like the victim curled up into the foetal position but as Sarah reaches out and touches it, the fabric collapses in on itself in a puff of ash that brushes across her face and runs up against her nostrils, leaving a nurse's uniform behind. To make matters worse, there's a photo ID attached. Nurse Petra Harlan. A pretty curly haired black woman with a radiant smile gazes out at Sarah from the ID badge.
Show,1/1d4+1 SAN loss for coming face to face with proof of what's happened to everyone here.

Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:58 am
by Mr. Handy
Image Image

Sarah can't help but wince slightly, but she had been prepared for the worst. A solitary tear rolls down her ash-streaked face. "Did I know her?" she wonders aloud. She straightens up and flings her arms around her father again.

"When we succeed, she'll be whole again," Lionel reassures her. "When you're both ready, we'd better head back to that lift and go below. We'll need to bring some ash with us so that it can find what we're looking for, but it looks like we've got some on us already, so that shouldn't be a problem."

Sarah nods. "I'm ready, Daddy. Agnes?"

Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:54 am
by Laraqua
"Brianna! Oh Brianna! Are you there sweeeeeeeeeeety pie?" A familiar voice, high and reedy, echoes through the otherwise silent confines of the corridors. The building seems to shudder in response and a quick peek out into the emergency ward (which I'm assuming you'll do eventually) can detect nothing by sight but their ears can easily hear the increased rattling of ash laden wind against the building as though the winds outside were gathering force. The ash laden air bounces and tears about in the flashlight beam and the wind howls through the gaps in the windows and the torn out gash where an ambulance had once been plowed into the glass doors but is now gone (and has been since before they entered).

Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:43 am
by Mr. Handy
Image Image

"Brianna, it's Lionel!" calls Lionel, excited. "Sarah and Agnes are with me! Where are you?" He grins at Sarah and Agnes. "If she's here, we have to find her. And there's someone else here too. I know that voice."

"We're coming!" calls Sarah. She nods and walks with her father towards the sound of the voice.

Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:46 am
by Laraqua
Its hard to be certain if he would hear them due to the roaring wind but they do have a reasonable idea of the location of his voice. Or at least, where it had been. Now they have three flashlights they can find their way reasonably well although the obscuring as is certainly a problem. So long as he remains in a corridor, they should be able to find him.

Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:22 am
by Mr. Handy
Image Image

As they proceed towards where they heard the voice, they make a mental note of the route they're taking. Sarah checks inside her first aid kit to see if there are surgical masks they can use to keep the ash out.

Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:33 am
by Laraqua
There's a set of three surgical masks sealed in plastic. The flashlight barely pierces the ash shrouded darkness but they make their way down the principle corridor and then make a left turn. There should be Ronald either in this corridor or around it.

Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:20 am
by Mr. Handy
Image Image

Sarah gives one mask to Lionel and one to Agnes, and then she and her father put on their masks. "Hello!" calls Sarah. "Where are you?"

Lionel peers at the floor, looking for footprints.

Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:53 am
by Laraqua
Ronald's voice cries out ahead of them. "SARAH!!! OVER HERE! I THINK I SAW BRIANNA.... SARAH! OVER HERE!!! HELP ME!!! PLEASE!!

Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:36 am
by Mr. Handy
Image Image

"We're on our way!" shouts Sarah. She and Lionel quicken their pace, moving towards the sound of Ronald's voice.

"Thank God we've found them!" says Lionel. "Ronald, it's Lionel! Agnes is with us too!"

Sarah's memories of Brianna slowly return. Her heart aches again for what the girl had gone through and how frightened she had to be now, but the thought of finding her fills her with hope.

Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:16 am
by Laraqua
Show,sorry, I meant to state that you two can now enter Ronald's thread but was in the middle of something and posted without thinking.